Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Official Discussion Thread: Caged Heat (possible spoilers)

taxcat11

[81]Dec 5, 2010
    • level: 5

Maybe if the monsters were self perpetuating but it seems most of these things are more like a disease than a separate species. Vampires, werewolves, shifters, wendigos, etc are reproducing only because of a human victim. Fairies don't require humans and they have their realm - BTW did Dean & Sam figure out that it must have been a banquet table and not a probbing table Dean was being lead to? I guess fairies can't live on cream alone. As to knowing where Heaven & Hell are - it could be instinctual for both Angels & Demons - they are naturally drawn to their place.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

libra113

[82]Dec 5, 2010
    • level: 27
    taxcat11 wrote:

It is possible that Adam was not with Michael for the confrontation with Lucifer. Usually the vessel could be expected to return to their life after the angel was finished its' mission. But as this was meant to be the end of the world, there really was no reason for Adam to tag along. He could have been left in Heaven and just given Michael his meat suit. Certainly that is a nicer possibility for him if the writers continue to callously ignore him. Which given the caliber of performance of the actor, is just silly. There is no reason why room can not be found for John's youngest as part of the recurring character set.

Well I wouldn't take bets on that happening. Still I wouldn't mind seeing him show up sometime BEFORE Sam gets his soul back to show just what Sam COULD become if they put his soul back inside him.

Still, I tend to be a bit dark. I recall wanting Jo to comeback and try to kill Sam and Dean (after she dissppeared off the show in season two), even had an idea about her teaming with Gordon and trying to take them down.

libra113

[83]Dec 5, 2010
    taxcat11 wrote:

Maybe if the monsters were self perpetuating but it seems most of these things are more like a disease than a separate species. Vampires, werewolves, shifters, wendigos, etc are reproducing only because of a human victim. Fairies don't require humans and they have their realm - BTW did Dean & Sam figure out that it must have been a banquet table and not a probbing table Dean was being lead to? I guess fairies can't live on cream alone. As to knowing where Heaven & Hell are - it could be instinctual for both Angels & Demons - they are naturally drawn to their place.

It's a form of asexual reproduction with a supernatural twist.

Angels and demons could be like homing pigeons, they just know which way home is so it COULD also be the same for other creatures or more likely the Alphas know the way naturally and the other creatures (like humans before death) have no idea.

vellarod

[84]Dec 5, 2010
    • level: 9
    They killed one of my favorite characters for this season. Crowly! WHY?!

sinjaceheroes

[85]Dec 5, 2010
    • level: 14

vellarod wrote:
    They killed one of my favorite characters for this season. Crowly! WHY?!

To make way for the actual brains behind it all.

libra113

[86]Dec 5, 2010
    Yep and I'm guessing we've seen him already but didn't know it at the time.

lachlan_j_g

[87]Dec 6, 2010
    • level: 11

yeah kind of like God in season 5 - didn't see that one coming until the final episode

sinjaceheroes

[88]Dec 6, 2010
    • level: 14

lachlan_j_g wrote:

yeah kind of like God in season 5 - didn't see that one coming until the final episode

Hahahah! that long ass debate that has no winning side. But I'm on this one.

I guess so. Meg cannot be the new king of Hell--she doesn't have the oomph to be. But, I guess making it someone that we have already seen rather than making a whole new character would be nice, although the alternative is also good. A new big bad wouldn't be so bad, after all.

I wonder why Sam is torturing Bobby in this week's episode? O.o

Also, Dean working for Death as Death--so Charmed, but let's see the twist in this one.

I guess this is how they make it in SPN--Sam will always have something wrong with him AND Dean will always die!

libra113

[89]Dec 6, 2010
    I didn't mean we had already seen the king of Hell, I meant we had already seen the unknown force behind Crowely's rise to power. I suspect who that is but have to wait and see.

RoKC426

[90]Dec 6, 2010
    • level: 2

Hey guys, could this be the one they are referring to as the Alpha's mother:

... the goddess fierce Echidna who is half a nymph with glancing eyes and fair cheeks, and half again a huge snake,[1] great and awful, with speckled skin, eating raw flesh beneath the secret parts of the holy earth. And there she has a cave deep down under a hollow rock far from the deathless gods and mortal men. There, then, did the gods appoint her a glorious house to dwell in: and she keeps guard in Arima beneath the earth, grim Echidna, a nymph who dies not nor grows old all her days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echidna_%28mythology%29

It says in the wiki links that she is the mother of all monsters. Really not that into mythology until recently so I dont really know much but I saw her name on one of my study books and so I looked her up on wikipedia. What do you guys think? And if so, how do you think Supernatural will play her?

basenji529

[91]Dec 6, 2010
    • level: 15

RoKC426 wrote:

Wonder if Meg's gonna be back. I kinda like her now :p

Maybe we'll see if Ruby was just using Sam or if she actually did care for him...but still knew she had to use him for her own agenda. Foe Yay is always fun, as is Go And Seduce My Arch Nemesis. Sam/Ruby has both.

basenji529

[92]Dec 6, 2010
    • level: 15

libra113 wrote:
    It's a form of asexual reproduction with a supernatural twist. Angels and demons could be like homing pigeons, they just know which way home is so it COULD also be the same for other creatures or more likely the Alphas know the way naturally and the other creatures (like humans before death) have no idea.

Depends on your definition of "asexual". Vampirism and lycanthropy behave like viruses, which may be considered asexual reproduction or sexual reproduction, since viruses do combine their DNA with their host's. (That's you.) In fact, some 20% of our DNA is viral.

libra113

[93]Dec 6, 2010
    RoKC426 wrote:

Hey guys, could this be the one they are referring to as the Alpha's mother:

... the goddess fierce Echidna who is half a nymph with glancing eyes and fair cheeks, and half again a huge snake,[1] great and awful, with speckled skin, eating raw flesh beneath the secret parts of the holy earth. And there she has a cave deep down under a hollow rock far from the deathless gods and mortal men. There, then, did the gods appoint her a glorious house to dwell in: and she keeps guard in Arima beneath the earth, grim Echidna, a nymph who dies not nor grows old all her days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echidna_%28mythology%29

It says in the wiki links that she is the mother of all monsters. Really not that into mythology until recently so I dont really know much but I saw her name on one of my study books and so I looked her up on wikipedia. What do you guys think? And if so, how do you think Supernatural will play her?

Could be... could also be something else entirely. Too soon to tell. I would put her in the hard maybe pile.

libra113

[94]Dec 6, 2010
    basenji529 wrote:

libra113 wrote:
    It's a form of asexual reproduction with a supernatural twist. Angels and demons could be like homing pigeons, they just know which way home is so it COULD also be the same for other creatures or more likely the Alphas know the way naturally and the other creatures (like humans before death) have no idea.

Depends on your definition of "asexual". Vampirism and lycanthropy behave like viruses, which may be considered asexual reproduction or sexual reproduction, since viruses do combine their DNA with their host's. (That's you.) In fact, some 20% of our DNA is viral.

Well, I was using it in a less clinical and more metaphoric kind of way.

TemiTc

[95]Dec 6, 2010
    • level: 7

Can someone explain to me why there were two Crowley's in the beginning? who is the guy Crowley was torturing in the beginning? Wasnt that another Crowley?

taxcat11

[96]Dec 6, 2010
    • level: 5

The "other" Crowley was the Alpha Shape Shifter.

libra113

[97]Dec 6, 2010
    Yeah he/she/it seems to naturally take on the form of any one person in his/her/it's line of sight. Seems almost involentary at times really.

RachelleMcAdams

[98]Dec 6, 2010
    libra113 wrote:
    taxcat11 wrote:

It is possible that Adam was not with Michael for the confrontation with Lucifer. Usually the vessel could be expected to return to their life after the angel was finished its' mission. But as this was meant to be the end of the world, there really was no reason for Adam to tag along. He could have been left in Heaven and just given Michael his meat suit. Certainly that is a nicer possibility for him if the writers continue to callously ignore him. Which given the caliber of performance of the actor, is just silly. There is no reason why room can not be found for John's youngest as part of the recurring character set.

Well I wouldn't take bets on that happening. Still I wouldn't mind seeing him show up sometime BEFORE Sam gets his soul back to show just what Sam COULD become if they put his soul back inside him.

Still, I tend to be a bit dark. I recall wanting Jo to comeback and try to kill Sam and Dean (after she dissppeared off the show in season two), even had an idea about her teaming with Gordon and trying to take them down.

I think Jo as ghost would be a lot like Mary ghost sad but on the soft side and peaceful

libra113

[99]Dec 6, 2010
    RachelleMcAdams wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    taxcat11 wrote:

I think Jo as ghost would be a lot like Mary ghost sad but on the soft side and peaceful
    No I was talking about back during season two after "Born Under A Bad Sign" or early season three. Now, I wouldn't expect to see her or Ellen again.

RachelleMcAdams

[100]Dec 6, 2010
    libra113 wrote:
    RachelleMcAdams wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    taxcat11 wrote:

No I was talking about back during season two after "Born Under A Bad Sign" or early season three. Now, I wouldn't expect to see her or Ellen again.

Well when in SPN universe when someone is killed by a demon they don't avenge on humans