Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Official Discussion Thread: Death's Door (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Nov 30, 2011
    • level: 101
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 12/2/11 episode "Death's Door" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gatoraderising

[2]Dec 1, 2011
    • level: 7
    I'm 98% sure Bobby won't die.

Tyrathius

[3]Dec 1, 2011
    • level: 4

It's possible they'd kill him for real, especially if season 7 is going to be the end of the series, but I wouldn't bet on it. Especially not so soon after Cas. Either way, I hope this episode gives Dean that reason for fighting Bobby was talking about in the Jersey Devil episode. Dean's just not as funny when he's emo, and while he certainly has good reason to be I'm starting to miss the GED and give em Hell attitude.

lachlan_j_g

[4]Dec 2, 2011
    • level: 11

well the ep description says that Bobby recruits an old friend from his past - someone we have met before or someone new? if it's someone we have met before, it could be Cas - I don't recall anyone else still being alive

smegmag

[5]Dec 2, 2011
    lachlan_j_g wrote:

well the ep description says that Bobby recruits an old friend from his past - someone we have met before or someone new? if it's someone we have met before, it could be Cas - I don't recall anyone else still being alive

***SPOILER ALERT*** Photos CW released--It's Rufus--also in ep are Bobby as a child, Bobby's mom and dad and his wife Karen

SohiHien

[6]Dec 2, 2011
    • level: 8
    Ok, I'm seriously pissed right now, I can't believe they just did that. Are they trying to make people stop watching it?

dh4645

[7]Dec 2, 2011
    • level: 15

SohiHien wrote:
    Ok, I'm seriously pissed right now, I can't believe they just did that. Are they trying to make people stop watching it?

BALLS!

it was a cliffhanger, we don't know if he's actually dead

puppybunny1

[8]Dec 2, 2011
    • level: 13

With respect to those on the West Coast, I am not giving away anything below.

It was a decent episode. I am mad, too. I hope that the Powers that Be make right decisions. After killing off Castiel, this is a low blow, even if this is a cliffhanger.

Tyrathius

[9]Dec 2, 2011

Kill him or don't, but they should have done it in this episode.

Didn't they piss enough people off with this with John's secret back in season 2?

wallflower07

[10]Dec 2, 2011
    • level: 7

At least you guys know what happen the was some stupid football game instead on my tv.

WickedNix

[11]Dec 2, 2011

Tyrathius wrote:

Didn't they piss enough people off with this with John's secret back in season 2?

I agree. Either fish or cut bait with Bobby's ultimate fate. Basically, it was a pretty good eppy except for the crappy ending. If Bobby is allowed to die then I think it's a safe bet this is the last season. I only speak for myself when I say I've been jerked around enough this season, and it's making me grouchy. Yell

libra113

[12]Dec 2, 2011
    • level: 27
    Tyrathius wrote:

All drama series with ongoing storylines like this have a cliffhanger this time of year. It's what keeps people hanging on utnil after the New Year.

AnimeMadness

[13]Dec 2, 2011
    • level: 22
    Im so sad..............this is horrible!!

clements_01

[14]Dec 2, 2011
    • level: 2

Bobby's definitely dead.

The cliffhanger wasn't whether he lived or died, it was whether his soul passed over into the afterlife or stayed on this plane watching over the boys.

He and Rufus talked about it in the episode. About how "when's the last time you saw a spirit in it's right mind" and "a hunter's gonna cut you down".

Bobby, the stubborn son of a b**** that he is, won't take his ultimate reward. He's going to stay amongst the living and watch over Sam and Dean.

Enter: Bobby the Friendly Ghost!

All joking aside, Bobby is my favourite character on the whole show and those last ten minutes had me in tears. I'm sitting here a genuine wreck.

Edited on 12/02/2011 9:29pm

AnimeMadness

[15]Dec 2, 2011
    • level: 22
    Me to... It's really pathetic when you're sitting alone in the dark listening to depressing music while Friends is on TV all because Bobby's dead.

Tyrathius

[16]Dec 2, 2011

libra113 wrote:
    Tyrathius wrote:

All drama series with ongoing storylines like this have a cliffhanger this time of year. It's what keeps people hanging on utnil after the New Year.

I know why they did it, I just don't like it. One, this is the same exact cliffhanger we got last episode -which means that this episode didn't move the plot forward at all. Two, Bobby will get better or he'll die, either way it'll be covered in five minutes at the start of the next episode, and there's no reason it couldn't have been resolved tonight other than the writers wanting to end the fall half of the season on a cliffhanger.

I swear, Libra, sometimes I want to punch those smilies you post in the face.

tvtome_xena321

[17]Dec 3, 2011
    • level: 27
    If Bobby is really dead for good, my first sign that this is our last season. I dont know, I had a feeling he would die in its final year. But killing off Bobby just doesn't seem like it will happen. Not saying this is our last season, but seriously killing Bobby if there's a season 8, seems odd. Maybe Bobby will become a ghost who will assist the boys from beyond.

skgserenity

[18]Dec 3, 2011
    • level: 6
    Just gotta ask, considering the curveballs and the various levels of dying in this rockin' awesome show, how are we sure that Castiel is truly killed off, more or less Bobby? All that was found was the trenchcoat floating up when it came to Cas, and I just don't know that I believe anything is permanently dead (except John, of course). Unless it has been announced somewhere that Misha Collins will no lnger be returning to the show ever again, I am holding out faith on his return. Just a hopeful thought!

BadWolf_35

[19]Dec 3, 2011
    • level: 14

I loved this episode, the ending was so sad. They can't kill off Bobby, they just can't. If they did I'm pretty sure Dean would just drive off a cliff and be done with it.

I loved Bobby's last memory, it seems so long since we've seen Sam & Dean squabble like that.

And people,don't complain about the cliffhanger, they are supposed to piss you off & leave you wanting more. I thought it was very well done.

vellarod

[20]Dec 3, 2011
    • level: 9
    BOBBBBBBBY!!