Supernatural Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Official Discussion Thread: Defending Your Life (possible spoilers)

DegrassiFan619

[21]Oct 14, 2011
    • level: 10
    Happy Bday guys!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

WickedNix

[22]Oct 14, 2011
    • level: 4

Happy birthday beilmandulin.

Hope you and Libra are enjoying a memorable day.

beilmandulin

[23]Oct 14, 2011

Thanks for all the well wishes. I hope they transfer to SPN having an awesome episode. LOL

SohiHien

[24]Oct 14, 2011
    • level: 8
    All I have to say about this episode is Sam Winchester Ace Attorney! XD I had a good laugh when Sam kept saying "Objection!"

Anyway, video game jokes aside, I liked this episode. It's good to know that Dean feels guilty about killing that kitsune chick from last week (rather out of character I thought) thought Dean's serious alcohol problems and his depression/death wishes are worrying. I know he's been a rather big drinker through the whole series but he seems rather bad now. I like how Sam seems concerned about it, I like how the brothers seem to be getting closer against after how they have been falling apart in season five and six (until Sam's soul came back). Jo was well done it was good to see that she wasn't angry about what happened and didn't want to kill Dean even though it looked like he almost wanted her too.

End of episode Car confessional! I think thats the first time this season isn't it? And boo at Dean for keeping secrets. Haven't they learned by now that it's gonna be a million times worse when Sam randomly finds out or some demon/leviathan tells him then if Dean just confessed himself?

Next weeks preview pretty much told me nothing about the episode except that the guy who played Spike is in it! That should be cool! Hopefully it will be an interesting episode!

DegrassiFan619

[25]Oct 14, 2011
    ^I'm pretty sure the girl who played Cordelia is in it, too. >_> Maybe I'm mistaken, but I think it looked A LOT like her.

KingofIPirates

[26]Oct 14, 2011
    • level: 32
    Decent episode, was fairly satisfied with the overall storyline. Also liked the 'Good Wife' reference.

libra113

[27]Oct 14, 2011
    • level: 27
    Thanks for all the happy birthdays. The party wrapped up just in time to watch the episode and wasn't TOO drunk to enjoy it.

Overall, I loved the episode and I said that last week would come up again soon. It was good that Jo wasn't angry as she didn't really have any cause to blame anyone but herself and good that she was being forced to carry out her role. Kinda wish that we had seen the chick from last week again and forced the issue becuase now it's going to fester and when it comes out (and, of course, it will) it's going to be bad news indeed.

The only thing missing was a "Stargate" joke what with an Egpytian god and all.

Tyrathius

[28]Oct 14, 2011

Great episode... Especially considering it was a filler, most of which have been pretty lackluster these last couple seasons. I was a bit disappointed he didn't call Kaylee the Kitsune as a witness, but Jo and Osiris were enough to make up for it. I'm not sure exactly what it was, but this just felt more like the older Supernatural episodes than the ones in season 6 did. Maybe it just hit the awesome quota.

Next week looks... Strange, but so far we've had one good episode and three great episodes, so I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

hhpb

[29]Oct 15, 2011
    • level: 3
    The Pee Wee's Playhouse reference was the best. Overall this was an ok episode but I really didn't expect an Egyptian god episode.
    For some reason I don't think it is normal for a show like Supernatural even though technically Osiris is a supernatural being. Osiris just makes me think of a DC Comics character or an episode of Smallville. I really liked the ending though. Sam is starting to look cooler and has pretty much got over his guilt - still sees Lucifer in the form of Nick (Nick's long gone though since we know that Lucifer was in Sam when he fought Michael in Adam). The big baddie now is Leviathan. Also liked the Greater Vancouver scenery in the background - it brings a certain realism to the show. I'm curious to know the exact location - I'm thinking probably Delta because that is a good location with water and boats and has been used as a location for the show a number of times - there's a web site that tells me this but so far they are only giving the locations of the first 6 seasons.

estella87

[30]Oct 15, 2011
    • level: 14

About the episode: Sam as "lawyer" was hilarious - my favorite parts:

Dean: Ah, Sam. You're not a lawyer.

Sam: I was pre-law.

Dean: Yeah. Pre.

-HAHAHA

and

Sam: Objection!

Osiris: Grounds?

Sam: Witnesses being called without prior notice.

Dean: Good one.

Sam: I saw that on The Good Wife.

ROFL!

DegrassiFan619 wrote:
    ^I'm pretty sure the girl who played Cordelia is in it, too. >_> Maybe I'm mistaken, but I think it looked A LOT like her.

Yes, you are right, the preview shows Charisma Carpenter (aka Cordelia) as a witch and her husband is played by James Marsters (aka Spike).

gatoraderising

[31]Oct 15, 2011
    • level: 7
    SohiHien wrote:
    All I have to say about this episode is Sam Winchester Ace Attorney! XD I had a good laugh when Sam kept saying "Objection!"

Anyway, video game jokes aside, I liked this episode. It's good to know that Dean feels guilty about killing that kitsune chick from last week (rather out of character I thought) thought Dean's serious alcohol problems and his depression/death wishes are worrying. I know he's been a rather big drinker through the whole series but he seems rather bad now. I like how Sam seems concerned about it, I like how the brothers seem to be getting closer against after how they have been falling apart in season five and six (until Sam's soul came back). Jo was well done it was good to see that she wasn't angry about what happened and didn't want to kill Dean even though it looked like he almost wanted her too.

End of episode Car confessional! I think thats the first time this season isn't it? And boo at Dean for keeping secrets. Haven't they learned by now that it's gonna be a million times worse when Sam randomly finds out or some demon/leviathan tells him then if Dean just confessed himself?

Next weeks preview pretty much told me nothing about the episode except that the guy who played Spike is in it! That should be cool! Hopefully it will be an interesting episode!

I don't think Dean feels guilty about killing that kitsune chick. I think he feels guilty about keeping it from Sam.

jammitin

[32]Oct 15, 2011
    • level: 3
    It was a typical Supernatural filler episode. I really don't like how the episodes have quit directly picking up where the other has ended. I guess I was expecting too much in that regard. Next weeks doesn't look good.

libra113

[33]Oct 15, 2011
    hhpb wrote:
    The Pee Wee's Playhouse reference was the best. Overall this was an ok episode but I really didn't expect an Egyptian god episode.
    For some reason I don't think it is normal for a show like Supernatural even though technically Osiris is a supernatural being. Osiris just makes me think of a DC Comics character or an episode of Smallville. I really liked the ending though. Sam is starting to look cooler and has pretty much got over his guilt - still sees Lucifer in the form of Nick (Nick's long gone though since we know that Lucifer was in Sam when he fought Michael in Adam). The big baddie now is Leviathan. Also liked the Greater Vancouver scenery in the background - it brings a certain realism to the show. I'm curious to know the exact location - I'm thinking probably Delta because that is a good location with water and boats and has been used as a location for the show a number of times - there's a web site that tells me this but so far they are only giving the locations of the first 6 seasons.
    I think it's about time we saw an Egyptian god and I would like to see more (not to mention maybe Greek or Roman, would love to see Dean fall under the spell of the goddess of love ). It's better late than never but it would have been nice if there had been on in "Hammer of the Gods" maybe Ra although then the "Stargate" jokes would have been impossible to avoid.

I also liked that he couldn't be killed forever and when he 'died' he turned into what looked like an unwrapped mummy first.

libra113

[34]Oct 15, 2011
    estella87 wrote:

About the episode: Sam as "lawyer" was hilarious - my favorite parts:

Dean: Ah, Sam. You're not a lawyer.

Sam: I was pre-law.

Dean: Yeah. Pre.

-HAHAHA

and

Sam: Objection!

Osiris: Grounds?

Sam: Witnesses being called without prior notice.

Dean: Good one.

Sam: I saw that on The Good Wife.

ROFL!

DegrassiFan619 wrote:

Yes, you are right, the preview shows Charisma Carpenter (aka Cordelia) as a witch and her husband is played by James Marsters (aka Spike).

Good eye, I didn't even notice.

libra113

[35]Oct 15, 2011
    gatoraderising wrote:
    SohiHien wrote:

I don't think Dean feels guilty about killing that kitsune chick. I think he feels guilty about keeping it from Sam.
    I don't know I think it's a little of both from what he said last night but I also don't think he should feel guilty as the bartender said it had to be done.

libra113

[36]Oct 15, 2011
    jammitin wrote:
    It was a typical Supernatural filler episode. I really don't like how the episodes have quit directly picking up where the other has ended. I guess I was expecting too much in that regard. Next weeks doesn't look good.
    You can't do that all the time, it kinda makes the episodes run together and gets old. Sometimes you have to take a break from the mainstory and enjoy some subplot action. That's why most fiction has subplots becasue people get tired of mainstory all the time.

gamrgrl007

[37]Oct 15, 2011

gatoraderising wrote:

He feels guilty about killing her DESPITE Sam telling him NOT to - he betrayed Sam, that's about it.

Yaspaa

[38]Oct 15, 2011
    • level: 79
    Did Sam really kill the chick? Would Sam kill her knowing Dean's state? Is the Devil playing funny-buggers?

WickedNix

[39]Oct 15, 2011

The part I liked best was when the judge chided Sam & Dean for driving that "gas guzzler."

I doubled over laughing.

I can hardly wait until next week.

It's always a treat to see James Marsters. He was superb as Spike.

libra113

[40]Oct 15, 2011
    Yaspaa wrote:
    Did Sam really kill the chick? Would Sam kill her knowing Dean's state? Is the Devil playing funny-buggers?
    huh? What chick?