Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Official Discussion Thread: Family Matters (possible spoilers)

dpebbleson

[121]Nov 29, 2010
    • level: 23
    basenji529 wrote:

IIRC, Castiel is cut off from heaven because of his disagreements with Zecheriah. At least I think so.

I personally would've chosen Tabris to be Castiel's name. Angel of free will, and with all the ho yay between him and Dean, it doubles as an Evangelion reference. (Is there anyone who does not have some subtext with Dean, though?)

I read that Castiel is the angel associated with Thursday, so it made sense, since Thursday was traditional SPN day until this year.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

libra113

[122]Nov 29, 2010
    • level: 27
    lachlan_j_g wrote:

I would like to know how Castiel didnt pick up that Christian was a demon - I thought that angels could sense them, based on previous episodes. also, I just watched Lucifer to his vessel that he couldn't bring people back from heaven - if Lucifer couldn't do it, how could Crowley. I know he is the 'King of Hell' - it just seems like he is superpowered - even stronger than Lucifer and Micheal. Maybe that's why he wants purgatory so he can get stronger?

Well, personally I THINK Cas did and could tell he just didn't want to confront him with the demon armed and in a small room. Plus, Dean was the only he knew for sure he could trust and all outing the demon would have done was put Dean at risk. I suspect he was bidding his time when the informaiton would do the most good but then Christian outed himself before that time came.

As for the other matter, it's been awhile and I don't recall exactly HOW Lucifer phrased it but I don't recall the implication being that he phsycially couldn't, just that it did't work that way. It's also possible that given Lucifer's situation he was espeically barred from such an action as it would have (presumbably) brought Heaven raining down on his head. Also, we have to consider that, despite Lucifer's own claims, he was a lying SOB and there wouldn't have been anything for him to gain by brining Nick's family back. As long as they were dead and gone he could use their memory to goad Nick to do what he wanted and given his statements to Sam he needed anger to feed his power. If he had brought Nick's family back then Nick's heart wouldn't have been in their arrigment and he might not have had even the level of power he had with his backup vessle.

libra113

[123]Nov 29, 2010
    • level: 27
    basenji529 wrote:

IIRC, Castiel is cut off from heaven because of his disagreements with Zecheriah. At least I think so.

I personally would've chosen Tabris to be Castiel's name. Angel of free will, and with all the ho yay between him and Dean, it doubles as an Evangelion reference. (Is there anyone who does not have some subtext with Dean, though?)

Well, he WAS cut off from Heaven but Zac is no longer calling the shots (in fact he's dead so maybe he's in Purgatory as well) and Cas was fully restored at the end of the last season. I like the name Castiel and I certainly wouldn't want Dean going around calling him Tab or worse yet Tabby.

basenji529

[124]Nov 30, 2010
    • level: 15

LOL True. But I just thought of Tabris because he joins Team Free Will. Castiel is the only angel who isn't so single-minded about destroying Lucifer as to be willing to destroy the universe in the process.

But yeah, I remember it used to be on Thursday.

If you want to see Tabris on Evangelion, any video store, comic shop, or Japanese specialty store can help you. WARNING: It makes a lot more sense in context. But there's more Tabris in every incarnation. At the very beginning of Rebuild, he's shirtless on the moon saying "I'm looking forward to meeting you, Shinji-kun."