Supernatural Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Official Discussion Thread: Like a Virgin (RESCHEDULED - possible spoilers)

mrswinchester24

[21]Jan 27, 2011
    • level: 11

I'm so mad they pushed it back again. Screw the Vampire dairy's. Its not going to help the ratings AT ALL. I have had a bad week and been looking forward to Like a Virgin all week, now i guess my week is even worse. Freaking CW has no clue what they are doing. Drives me up a wall. I hate it and i'm super mad and upset.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

libra113

[22]Jan 27, 2011
    • level: 27
    tvtome_xena321 wrote:
    I'm looking at the postive, where going to go on break again in March regardless, so big deal. It only means we get one week less break during March.

Come on, I cant believe how big a deal this is being made, the fans have to put up with a break in March guys which is 3 or 4 weeks, geeze.

I'm not saying anyone here is complaining, but the cw forums have gone nuts with this.
    Yeah, I'm use to their breaks by now.

jake-sf

[23]Jan 28, 2011
    • level: 6

Are you KIDDING me.

Its my god damn birthday tommorow and the only thing I wanted (and would get) is to see Supernatural start again. But no, they push it back.

I hate the TV world.

omega_dog

[25]Jan 28, 2011
    • level: 8

What is the reason for rescheduling supernatural?

omega_dog

[27]Jan 28, 2011
    Oh my god that is the dumbest reason I've ever heard so much of my tv viewing is messed up due to American idol I don't like American Idol I don't watch American Idol yet the stupid show still interrfers with my tv watching it messed up the airing of human target and made me miss an episode and now it messed with Supernatural and I've been waiting since December to see it again.

libra113

[28]Jan 28, 2011
    Wow the CW making a stupid move? Who would have thought it possible?

Kitanishi

[29]Jan 29, 2011
    • level: 9
    Frankly I do not see anything wrong with reschedulling.

For supernatural fans who watch other shows, Missing current Supernatural is the same as missing current Warehouse 13 - you go "oh well" and forget about it, even thanking the Chuck that he spared you from the possible wallbanger moments in it.

For supernatural fans who have never seen other shows, this might help them to get introduced into possibly the best show currently on tv (that is vampire diaries).

Not to excited for this upcoming episode of sn tho: we had faeries, robo sam, another generic "something is wrong with sam" plot, another generic "lets angst" storyline and few episodes of crowley being a pointless villain. NOt to mention the whole season feeling...dry...

As it stands now, Supernatural would benefit a lot from getting canceled than jumping the shark even more than it did in the season4 and 5.

basenji529

[30]Jan 29, 2011
    • level: 15

**** The Vampire Diaries, **** Nikita. Seriously, this is starting to annoy me.

libra113

[31]Jan 29, 2011
    That's why I just watched "Resident Evil 4" on PPV, rather that than the lastest "Twilight" wanna be and half naked spy chick flashing her assets for ratings. It all seems SO lame and silly.

omega_dog

[32]Jan 30, 2011
    Vampire Diaries is NOT the best show currently on t.v. if it was it wouldn't need to compete against American Idol and not to mention it's a twilight ripe off and twilight sucks.

ScareyKitty

[33]Jan 30, 2011
    • level: 5

Kitanishi wrote:
    As it stands now, Supernatural would benefit a lot from getting canceled than jumping the shark even more than it did in the season4 and 5.

Gee Kitanishi, after reading your post I dont understand why you are still watching the show. lol

I watch almost all the other shows available, I enjoy the vamp diaries (mainly for Daemon I must confess, deliciously evil but with occasional soft bits!) Warehouse 13, Eureka, Sanctuary, Merlin, Primeval, Being human (UK and US), Smallville, Stargate, Fringe, The Cape, Lost Girl, The Walking Dead etc etc (Have I missed any important ones?) but none of their breaks affect me as the SPN voids do! I can only admit that, to me,they are simply entertainment whereas Supernatural is a way of life! lol

SPN seems to be a show that grabs the heart and mind and doesn't let go after the episode has finished. I credit the writers for that, they do a brilliant job. No matter how good the acting is it wouldn't go anywhere without their stories and those crazy lines that Dean delivers so well. The created characters are amazing......so go team freewill and cohorts.)

Each season has been different while retaining the original premise of two brothers fighting evil (and sometimes each other ) and thank goodness for that, so why would anyone complain because season 6 is different? Why does anyone want the show to go backwards or stagnate? I pray they keep those differences coming, its the only way to keep the show fresh.....and the highlight of my (and many, many others) viewing week!

We love SPN,KissKiss

ps. I dont live in the US so I am only repeating what I read ie. when Supernatural was competing against American Idols timeslot it never lost its ratings. Seems CW should have left things alone to me!

Edited on 01/30/2011 4:47am
    Edited 2 total times.

jack756

[34]Jan 30, 2011
    • level: 14

the shows im watching right now are being human(us version),fringe,nikita,no ordinary family,smallville,supernatural,the cape,and 90210.....

my thing is i feel like the cw are not showing fans respect.yes im a fan of 90210 but it seems the cw only promotes shows they think are good not what ratings tell them that r good.

if u look at ratings nikita got it the most male viewers of any cw show..supernatural ratings are very steady and yet it seems they promot the vampire dairies and gg more..cw makes me think i cant believe i even watch this station..i cant watch any eps until they put them online which is like a week later

thats jus my 2 cents.

but the only cw shows i watch are nikita(which is a good action show),smallville(sad its coming to an end but i think its time),supernatural(hopefully theyll keep going)and 90210(nice drama)

libra113

[35]Jan 30, 2011
    As I understand it their logic is to premote the shows whoes ratings are bad to get more people to watch (sounds logically). So I guess under that logic we shouldn't worry until they start premoting "Supernatural" all the time.

If your gonna watch "Being Human" and you should, watch the original British version, it's WAY better. I started watching that back when it was airing on BCC America and can't even sit through an episode of the American version because it seems so altered. Even the character's names are diffrent (and the original names would have translated just fine, not a sterotypically British name amoung the main cast) and the actors they cast look so diffrent it's hard to keep track of who is who until they turn into a werewolf or show their vamp fangs or something.

basenji529

[36]Jan 30, 2011
    • level: 15

libra113 wrote:
    That's why I just watched "Resident Evil 4" on PPV, rather that than the lastest "Twilight" wanna be and half naked spy chick flashing her assets for ratings. It all seems SO lame and silly.

Technically, Twilight's a ripoff of the The Vampire Diaries novels, with bits of Sherman Alexie thrown in for Jacob's characterization. I was half imagining some of Alexie's in-jokes and mythology gags to make their way into Twilight, but no.

RachelleMcAdams

[37]Jan 30, 2011
    • level: 11

libra113 wrote:
    As I understand it their logic is to premote the shows whoes ratings are bad to get more people to watch (sounds logically). So I guess under that logic we shouldn't worry until they start premoting "Supernatural" all the time. If your gonna watch "Being Human" and you should, watch the original British version, it's WAY better. I started watching that back when it was airing on BCC America and can't even sit through an episode of the American version because it seems so altered. Even the character's names are diffrent (and the original names would have translated just fine, not a sterotypically British name amoung the main cast) and the actors they cast look so diffrent it's hard to keep track of who is who until they turn into a werewolf or show their vamp fangs or something.

I agree and the monsters are so emo on the american version and they totally copied off Spn with black eye effect with vampires. Originals are always better

Edited on 01/30/2011 12:59pm

libra113

[38]Jan 30, 2011
    I don't remember if the vamps in the original "Being Human" even have an eye effect or not. I have the first two seasons taped up haven't had the time to rewatch them.

The thing that gets me is, like I said, they renamed all the characters for no reason. I mean the original three characters are: Mitchell (vampire), Annie (ghost) and I can never remember werewolf's name for some reason but none of them are names that wouldn't work over here. Also, the actors they picked are like total opposites of the orignals (Mitchell has long hair, their vamp guy has a buzz cut).

I can understand not wanting to copy the show exactly but it makes it hard to keep track. Then they add stuff like the werewolf guy's sister showing up. I don't remember that happening in the original (doesn't mean it didn't I just don't recall it) and now there's something in the ad for the next episode about some guy confronting their vampire about killing his father.

I dunno, again I can understand not wanting to copy it, but if you've seen the original it's kind of disoreinting and I spend so much time trying to work out who is who and what was from the original and what was new for this show that I lose track of what's going up, but maybe that's just me.

The original has a nice balance of humor/horror/saddeness and all that and this one seems a bit over balanced. Maybe it will find it's own balance at some point.

jack756

[39]Jan 31, 2011
    • level: 14
    libra113 wrote:
    I don't remember if the vamps in the original "Being Human" even have an eye effect or not. I have the first two seasons taped up haven't had the time to rewatch them.

The thing that gets me is, like I said, they renamed all the characters for no reason. I mean the original three characters are: Mitchell (vampire), Annie (ghost) and I can never remember werewolf's name for some reason but none of them are names that wouldn't work over here. Also, the actors they picked are like total opposites of the orignals (Mitchell has long hair, their vamp guy has a buzz cut).

I can understand not wanting to copy the show exactly but it makes it hard to keep track. Then they add stuff like the werewolf guy's sister showing up. I don't remember that happening in the original (doesn't mean it didn't I just don't recall it) and now there's something in the ad for the next episode about some guy confronting their vampire about killing his father.

I dunno, again I can understand not wanting to copy it, but if you've seen the original it's kind of disoreinting and I spend so much time trying to work out who is who and what was from the original and what was new for this show that I lose track of what's going up, but maybe that's just me.

The original has a nice balance of humor/horror/saddeness and all that and this one seems a bit over balanced. Maybe it will find it's own balance at some point.
    for some reason i like the us version b/c i dont knw it jus seems better to me and i dont really like uk tv b/c their accents are strong(which its hard to understand) and the us version 4 me gets to the point and i feel like the uk version drags on...but i wish the cw would start putting their shows up after they air i still havent seen the new sn ep

libra113

[40]Jan 31, 2011

Well I grew up watching British sit-coms and other stuff so even though I was born and raised in Texas the accent is not big deal to me.

I like the original "Being Human" becasue it's the original and because it's much better written and executed, at least it seem to be to me.

Maybe I'm bias because I saw the British one first but I just like it so much better, couldn't even get through the first episode without getting board and changing channels.