Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Official Discussion Thread: Like a Virgin (RESCHEDULED - possible spoilers)

libra113

[121]Feb 12, 2011
    • level: 27
    dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    firlefanz10 wrote:

First off: Shouldn't they have waited with broadcasting this ep till Mother's Day?!

Secondly, literally speaking the mother of all would be Gaia (Mother Nature).

Maybe there will be a major episode around that date.

There seems to some confusion. It's not the Mother of All it's the Mother of All Monsters that they've been talking about for some time now, it's just not always made clear in the title. Hopefully, they will more directly clear up the confusion down the road.

Actually, Alpha vampire said : We all have mothers. Then we were smart enough at this board to deduce there was a mother to all monsters, which was a good assumption, but still very hypothetical. So we called her Mother of all Monsters at this forum.

Then she was given title 'Mother of All' in the episode with the dragons. But I share Libs' opinion that it's really 'Mother of all Monsters' and not Mother of All Living Beings or whatever.
    Yeah because given the last few seasons that would likely be Eve and don't remember her being evil or consorting with dragons so yeah it's gotta be someone/thing else.

I had forgotten that the title Mother of all Monsters had only been used here. That's how ingrained it's become. Still weren't we the first to use Yellow Eyed Demon? That ended up in the show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dpebbleson

[122]Feb 12, 2011
    • level: 24
    libra113 wrote:
    dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    firlefanz10 wrote:

First off: Shouldn't they have waited with broadcasting this ep till Mother's Day?!

There seems to some confusion. It's not the Mother of All it's the Mother of All Monsters that they've been talking about for some time now, it's just not always made clear in the title. Hopefully, they will more directly clear up the confusion down the road.

Actually, Alpha vampire said : We all have mothers. Then we were smart enough at this board to deduce there was a mother to all monsters, which was a good assumption, but still very hypothetical. So we called her Mother of all Monsters at this forum.

Then she was given title 'Mother of All' in the episode with the dragons. But I share Libs' opinion that it's really 'Mother of all Monsters' and not Mother of All Living Beings or whatever.
    Yeah because given the last few seasons that would likely be Eve and don't remember her being evil or consorting with dragons so yeah it's gotta be someone/thing else.

I had forgotten that the title Mother of all Monsters had only been used here. That's how ingrained it's become. Still weren't we the first to use Yellow Eyed Demon? That ended up in the show.

Maybe she's some twisted Eve... I remember reading that Lilith was the first woman, but when she failed, Eve was created.

But then again, pagan gods say they were here before Christian angels and God, which is confusing as regards humans.

Unfortunately I wasn't here in the days of glory of this forum when it had the influence to name Yellow Eyed Demon

But even I remember long discussions, spanning pages and pages. Where have all the people gone...?

sinjaceheroes

[123]Feb 12, 2011
    • level: 14

dpebbleson wrote:
    Where have all the people gone...?

The starting line to a beautiful song.

I don't know, I mean, I remember when people used to come here for pages and pages of discussion, now, not as much. But at least, I hope, this won't become like Naruto's page. It's been MONTHS man! Maybe even a year since anyone's posted there. But at least I know you and Libra will always come here!

Bouncing ideas off of the two of you is always fun.

libra113

[124]Feb 12, 2011
    dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    firlefanz10 wrote:

Maybe she's some twisted Eve... I remember reading that Lilith was the first woman, but when she failed, Eve was created.

But then again, pagan gods say they were here before Christian angels and God, which is confusing as regards humans.

Unfortunately I wasn't here in the days of glory of this forum when it had the influence to name Yellow Eyed Demon

But even I remember long discussions, spanning pages and pages. Where have all the people gone...?
    They's gone to Detroit.

Seriously, there are even other versions of the Adam story where he had yet another life.

First was Lilith who was made, like Adam, from dust, and ended up being kicked out of the Garden for wanting to be Adam's equal (that's why she was later adopted as a women's equality symbol, she's branded the first feminist, neatly avoiding the darker aspects of her character). Then there was an unamed wife that Adam rejected becasue he saw her being made from the inside out and was too disgusted by the insides to touch her.

That's why when he made Eve he used a part of Adam's rib and he was put asleep during the process who he wouldn't reject her.

It's a little unclear what happened to the middle wife, what her name was, all of it is kind of left unexplained. Wow, that was all pointless wasn't it.

libra113

[125]Feb 12, 2011
    sinjaceheroes wrote:

dpebbleson wrote:

I don't know, I mean, I remember when people used to come here for pages and pages of discussion, now, not as much. But at least, I hope, this won't become like Naruto's page. It's been MONTHS man! Maybe even a year since anyone's posted there. But at least I know you and Libra will always come here!

Just don't bounce too hard, sometimes they hurt like that.

dpebbleson

[126]Feb 13, 2011

sinjaceheroes wrote:

dpebbleson wrote:

Never heard of the song, but will look into the matter

I've never watched Naruto, but I have two friends who are anime fans, and so far they got me to watch Death Note (which I loved), Requiem for the Phantom, and Elfen Lied (which was a bit ridiculous at times). I'm soon going to start watching Full Metal Alchemist. And yeah, as for Naruto, one of those friends is pestering me to watch it, but hundreds of episodes just scare me off!!

Here's a funny poster involving Naruto:

sinjaceheroes

[127]Feb 13, 2011

dpebbleson wrote:

sinjaceheroes wrote:

dpebbleson wrote:

I've never watched Naruto, but I have two friends who are anime fans, and so far they got me to watch Death Note (which I loved), Requiem for the Phantom, and Elfen Lied (which was a bit ridiculous at times). I'm soon going to start watching Full Metal Alchemist. And yeah, as for Naruto, one of those friends is pestering me to watch it, but hundreds of episodes just scare me off!!

I was just kidding about the song. I meant it would be the beginning to a beautiful song.

Death Note was the product of God, I'm pretty sure. Something so perfect could not have any other origin. (Can you guess me a fan?) Although, when L died, so did my interest in the series. Though I watched it through the end.

Elfen Lied was a good manga, crappy anime.

Requiem is something Ive never heard of so I must research.

FMA is freaking wicked. Manga AND anime. I'm watching Brotherhood now and it seems better than the first series, but we'll see if they show the ending ending of the manga. I mean, they eat God...WTF?

And don't worry, as big a spoiler as that may seem, you will never understand it in a million years unless you read the manga.

Nice pic. xD

dpebbleson

[128]Feb 13, 2011
    Elfen Lied was weird to watch, some parts were good, but overall it was confusing.

Yeah, L part of Death Note is so perfect in every way, I too wonder who had the brains to write all that! Definitely God! My friend says Brotherhood is closer to manga, and he likes it a lot. I'll have to check it out as soon as I can.

Nope, I didn't understand the spoiler so don't worry

sinjaceheroes

[129]Feb 13, 2011

dpebbleson wrote:
    Elfen Lied was weird to watch, some parts were good, but overall it was confusing. Yeah, L part of Death Note is so perfect in every way, I too wonder who had the brains to write all that! Definitely God! My friend says Brotherhood is closer to manga, and he likes it a lot. I'll have to check it out as soon as I can. Nope, I didn't understand the spoiler so don't worry

Just FYI, the creators and animators of Death Note--the anime not the manga--are the ones behind the SPN anime series!!!

Remember all of those scenes when Light would go all GodMode and the angel harmonizing songs came to play?! (I get goosebumps just remembering!) I expect to see something similar when madness comes to SPNA. Can't wait, dude!

Brotherhood is shown every Sunday at 2:30am I think. It'll all depend on where you are and the time zones. But check, I know its after Bleach and Kekkaishi. It's on Cartoon Network, by the way.

AnimeMadness

[130]Feb 13, 2011
    • level: 22
    I don't think Mother of All is Eve. It doesn't make any sense since she's the mother of all HUMANS. There's a good possibility Mother of All is Echidna. She's part dragon and dragons were the ones to free her. Then again Supernatural could make her something completely original.

basenji529

[131]Feb 14, 2011
    • level: 15

dpebbleson wrote:

LOL I actually thought it was hilarious that the sparkle associated with bishonen actually found its way into non-animated media. (To be fair, I haven't read David Gonterman's Planeswalker, but since it's Magic: The Gathering meets Sailor Moon, I imagine it has the bishie sparkle for Sailor Moon.) Admittedly, I'm a biseinen, but still...

I haven't seen Naruto that much. I just know a few things, like that common trope of four being bad luck. Deathnote is awesome, though. It shows the idea of putting seinen themes in a shonen anime. I've actually done so myself, in comics.

(Expect the Supernatural anime to make some mention of 108.)

sinjaceheroes

[132]Feb 14, 2011

AnimeMadness wrote:
    I don't think Mother of All is Eve. It doesn't make any sense since she's the mother of all HUMANS. There's a good possibility Mother of All is Echidna. She's part dragon and dragons were the ones to free her. Then again Supernatural could make her something completely original.

It would make zero sense for Eve to be Big Momma. She wasn't bad, so punishment and Purgatory are out of the question.

If they do make her Eve, they are not basing it on any real life lore--unlike Lilith.

Momma could be someone completely original--or based off of Echidna. The thing is, if they do make her Echidna--it would be a giant gaping hole in Mythology, as Echidna would be a Pagan God and not any different from any other god we have seen. So, making this Pagan God unique would be lame. Now, making her into the being that INSPIRED Echidna, that would make some sense.

I can;t wait to see her in action.

CaptainHarkness

[133]Feb 14, 2011
    • level: 23

I never thought I'd see Dragons on this show, so that was a nice surprise. I will admit I was geuinely creeped out by the end of the episode. Mother seems like she's gonna be a great villain.

libra113

[134]Feb 14, 2011
    Something I've been meaning to point out about Mother.

I've seen some saying that her line "We've got work to do" was lame or whatever.

You do realize that it's a nod back to the end of the first episode of season one and the last episode of season two when Sam then Dean said the exact same thing? Just wanted to point that out.

RachelleMcAdams

[135]Feb 15, 2011
    • level: 11

libra113 wrote:
    Something I've been meaning to point out about Mother. I've seen some saying that her line "We've got work to do" was lame or whatever. You do realize that it's a nod back to the end of the first episode of season one and the last episode of season two when Sam then Dean said the exact same thing? Just wanted to point that out.
    Sam and Dean are the protaganist of the shows their lines is always not going to be perfect but the Mother of all is a villian who is premeval and has been in purgatory forever and she is making a first appearance so she have great lines not cheesy and cliched

Edited on 02/15/2011 3:56am

libra113

[136]Feb 15, 2011
    Double standard! Double standard!

Roz7

[137]Feb 15, 2011
    • level: 2

Personally I'm sorta hoping the 'Mother' storyline is going to lead to Mary Winchester's resurrection and she'll kick Mama Monster's ass and save the world. We know Samuel's been trying to bring her back, so this could happen...

RachelleMcAdams

[138]Feb 15, 2011
    Roz7 wrote:

Personally I'm sorta hoping the 'Mother' storyline is going to lead to Mary Winchester's resurrection and she'll kick Mama Monster's ass and save the world. We know Samuel's been trying to bring her back, so this could happen...

Haha lol the would be epic!

libra113

[139]Feb 15, 2011
    I don't know if I would want either her or John to come back for good but maybe for one final job, together, that would be cool.

To me bringing them back for good would undermine the drama of their deaths in the first place but a one shot (or one story) appearance (as long as their adult versions and not younger selves) would be excellent.

RachelleMcAdams

[140]Feb 15, 2011
    libra113 wrote:
    I don't know if I would want either her or John to come back for good but maybe for one final job, together, that would be cool.

To me bringing them back for good would undermine the drama of their deaths in the first place but a one shot (or one story) appearance (as long as their adult versions and not younger selves) would be excellent.

Are you not fan of the younger actors who played them?