Supernatural Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Official Discussion Thread: Meet the New Boss (possible spoilers)

libra113

[41]Sep 24, 2011
    • level: 27
    aussiemovieguy wrote:
    Eve was the mother of all monsters released by dragons in the last season. She was hyped up then strangely/easily killed of when it seemed like the writers found the Cas storyline more palatable.
    Actually, she was intended to be a distraction so we didn't see the Cas thing coming. Cas used Eve to distract Sam, Dean and Bobby and the writers used her to distract us. She was never intended to be the 'big bad' (a term I never liked and get tired of using but for lack of something better ). All the hype was just in the minds of us viewers as the show never really treated her as a big deal or gave any real indication that she was going to be a major baddies (other than through Cas who was lying).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

taxcat11

[42]Sep 24, 2011
    • level: 5
    presario111 wrote:

technicallyeve never had a mythology and if she did it was never explained(like at all). in fact if you look up alot stuff involving monsters and urban myths. most of the supernatual monsters dont follow the true lore at all. for example a striga is actually a type vampire who prefers the tast of childrens blood but supernatural made it to were it was a type of alabanian witch . and skinwalkers are much more different than the supernatural version.

and you know what i prefer that id rather each and ever monster have its own look, attributes and lore that pretain to this show .rather than going off the version anyone can look up. (although from wut i can tell they usually get the peagen gods story right). wich is why i dont think the leviathan has anything to do with the giant sea monster in the bible. also hasnt it already been said in this show that much of the bible is wrong more specifically in its interpetation of things. i still think that the only reason they chose to go with leviathan is because they couldnt get the rights to cthulu.

p.s. those bing commercials are ridiculous. the fact that sera gamble is the only crew member to be in it show they were forced into it lol

Well, I think that "Eve" was modelled on the Greek mother of monsters Echidna who literally gave birth to such creatures as Cereberus, Hydra, Sphinx, Chimera, Gorgons etc. As to why Eve instead of Echidna, unless you are Greek, Eve is just a lot easier to say & spell.

libra113

[43]Sep 24, 2011
    Well, they do always put their own spin on things. As much as I like for them to use real monsters and folklore and all that rather than just make stuff up I also like that they don't let the folklore get in the way of the story. It's a balancing act and they do it wonderfully simply by saying "yeah these myths and legends exsist but everything written about them isn't always right or what it seems to be and sometimes the real reality is diffrent" it's a pretty good way to handle it.

Hildetorr

[44]Sep 24, 2011
    • level: 3
    Im not going to lie this is the first Supernatural episode that almost had me in tears. You realy have to feel for Cass he finally comes back to the good side with Sam and Dean wanting to make up with them moments before his death and his takeover of his vessel by the 2 Leviathans.

The fans got half of what they wanted they wanted him back on the good side that did happen only for his body to be taken over by someone evil.

libra113

[45]Sep 24, 2011
    Hildetorr wrote:
    Im not going to lie this is the first Supernatural episode that almost had me in tears. You realy have to feel for Cass he finally comes back to the good side with Sam and Dean wanting to make up with them moments before his death and his takeover of his vessel by the 2 Leviathans.

The fans got half of what they wanted they wanted him back on the good side that did happen only for his body to be taken over by someone evil.
    It aint over until it's over.

Sektos

[48]Sep 24, 2011
    • level: 10
    I really liked this episode, but dam that was disappointing. I mean , logistically having GOD as the villian would be hard, but after the switch-a-roo last season with Mommy Eve and Cas going all-mighty at the end it felt like such a WASTE for Cas-God to be killed off Ep1 .

I thought they'd atleast have him for first two episodes (from reports i read, but i guess it was only for actor) and then maybe pull the Cthulu on us... I MEAN.. the Leviathan on us (heard its a copy-right issue)

SO i hope this is the introduction to some really "alien" supernatural creatures. I've barely managed to maintain my acceptance of the "Human" supes up to this point, but these are the OLD ONES Mother F'ker! PS
    So Cas was a mutated angel. Now was that because he accidentally swallowed some flys in his soul-soap, or was it Just being suped up in generally. Fundamentally he was still an angel (despite angel sword not working) and God is a totally different creature.

lachlan_j_g

[49]Sep 25, 2011
    • level: 11

just a couple of extra things I noticed during the episode:

1. the church reverand that Castiel smites on-screen sounded a bit like Reverend Phelps of the Westboro Baptist Church - all the talk about picketing funerals?

2. I think we have a new entry on the list of things the Colt cannot kill? God, Death, Archangels, Eve, Leviathans? that's 5 by my count!

nirobu

[50]Sep 25, 2011
    • level: 2

hmmm... as i recall, there are two others that usually accompany leviathan. behemoth and ziz. *gasp* we could have THREE "big bads" this season. oh joy

MIdzuno

[52]Sep 25, 2011
    • level: 1

Cas didn't die - the show writers don't kill their star characters so easily. Also, without Cas coming back some episodes later, the Winchesters will be simply humans fighting and dealing with TOO advanced supernatural creatures: Leviathans, Death, Crowley, plus Lucifer and Michael probably returning sometime soon. God himself will make appearance either this or the next season. They cannot handle those guys the way they deal with normal demons/ghosts/etc. (the Colt, holy water, silver bullets...). As Cas-the-God said, they ARE just ants.

In other words, the Winchesters need some "superhero", who would cover their as*, and keep them informed of what's going on in Heaven / Hell / Purgatory / etc.

They can survive on their own for a couple of episodes, but then they HAVE to partner up with someone with supernatural powers. Not Crowley, whom they don't trust anymore, and definitely not Death.

Besides, have you noticed that Dean and Sam are becoming a boring duet?! The old lines, no character development (already way too developed!). They NEED Bobby and Cas on their team. I'd say also say they need new team members. Preferably attractive female demons or angels with complicated personalities.

Anyhow, they NEED Cas, that's why the show writers will bring him back. This is no brainer.

couchpotato14

[53]Sep 25, 2011
    • level: 6

Remember Death also referred to the Leviathans as The Old Ones so they could be from the Cthulhu mythos (also known as the Elders) or even the Old Ones from Stephen kings Dark Tower series! (from the Supernatural Wiki here ) But I hope we at least get something with tentacles!

yutg25

[54]Sep 25, 2011
    • level: 5

The episode was a bit annoying; but, a freaking rollercoaster Mischa is good Mischa is bad Mischa is good then he is bad again.

I think Mischa will be playing the Leviathan it will be weird seeing him like that. Mischa's certainly has the mad acting skills as seen in that episode to go through that.

I feel a little better in this episode. When he declared himself as "god" I worried he'll be killed off. I feel a little better. I comfort myself that Cas is being forced to be the big bad Leviathan . I know he is still in there somewhere and he's gonna come out and make amends. He is Sam. He is Dean a Winchester just like them.

I wonder what Crowley's gonna do now and whatever happened to Meg? I wish I had an angel to wonder about.

libra113

[55]Sep 25, 2011
    Sektos wrote:
    I really liked this episode, but dam that was disappointing. I mean , logistically having GOD as the villian would be hard, but after the switch-a-roo last season with Mommy Eve and Cas going all-mighty at the end it felt like such a WASTE for Cas-God to be killed off Ep1 .

I thought they'd atleast have him for first two episodes (from reports i read, but i guess it was only for actor) and then maybe pull the Cthulu on us... I MEAN.. the Leviathan on us (heard its a copy-right issue)

SO i hope this is the introduction to some really "alien" supernatural creatures. I've barely managed to maintain my acceptance of the "Human" supes up to this point, but these are the OLD ONES Mother F'ker! PS
    So Cas was a mutated angel. Now was that because he accidentally swallowed some flys in his soul-soap, or was it Just being suped up in generally. Fundamentally he was still an angel (despite angel sword not working) and God is a totally different creature.
    Well I wouldn't hold my breath for tenticals or anything like that. This show doesn't do flashy special effects and it's a little late in the game to change that now. I personally like it, makes the show more grounded and I still maintain it would be hard to accept a world where actual physical monsters are roaming the Earth and no one notices. Too silly.

I suspect it was what Cas was at that point. Not exactly an angel anymore (or arch angel either for that matter) but not really as Godly as he billed himself. Somewhere between. A new thing.

libra113

[56]Sep 25, 2011
    nirobu wrote:

hmmm... as i recall, there are two others that usually accompany leviathan. behemoth and ziz. *gasp* we could have THREE "big bads" this season. oh joy

The Three Stooges of evil cometh.

puppybunny1

[57]Sep 25, 2011
    • level: 13

This reminds me of the Titans, Avatars, and Elders on Charmed. In my opinion, this could be the last season. They all want to go out with a bang. I don't know if there are any more character developments for Dean and Sam. I do want more character development for Bobby. I find the other characters are much more interesting like Castiel, Crowley, Death, Reaper, Lucifer, etc

Misha Collins is the new Heather Locklear for the CW. As a special guest star, he carried the first episode. I would like to see his acting range for the rest of the season. This was what happened to the old Melrose Place. Heather Locklear was central to that show even as a Special Guest Star. She basically carried the show until its last day.

libra113

[58]Sep 25, 2011
    MIdzuno wrote:

Cas didn't die - the show writers don't kill their star characters so easily. Also, without Cas coming back some episodes later, the Winchesters will be simply humans fighting and dealing with TOO advanced supernatural creatures: Leviathans, Death, Crowley, plus Lucifer and Michael probably returning sometime soon. God himself will make appearance either this or the next season. They cannot handle those guys the way they deal with normal demons/ghosts/etc. (the Colt, holy water, silver bullets...). As Cas-the-God said, they ARE just ants.

In other words, the Winchesters need some "superhero", who would cover their as*, and keep them informed of what's going on in Heaven / Hell / Purgatory / etc.

They can survive on their own for a couple of episodes, but then they HAVE to partner up with someone with supernatural powers. Not Crowley, whom they don't trust anymore, and definitely not Death.

Besides, have you noticed that Dean and Sam are becoming a boring duet?! The old lines, no character development (already way too developed!). They NEED Bobby and Cas on their team. I'd say also say they need new team members. Preferably attractive female demons or angels with complicated personalities.

Anyhow, they NEED Cas, that's why the show writers will bring him back. This is no brainer.

Well, Cas is an honarary Winchester (despite everything) and you know their track record on staying dead. Anyway, he's come back twice before (of course he did just go around trying to replace the guy who keeps brining him back so he might have to spend some time dead to be taught a lesson, maybe he will show up as Cas midseason but to him it will have been a thousand years in nowhere to learn a lesson about humility). He WILL be back... I hope.

gatoraderising

[59]Sep 25, 2011
    • level: 7
    I really liked this episode. Seeing Death again was nice and his talk with Cas was good. Death may not want to say it out loud but I think he like's Dean, why else deal with something you consider a germ.

libra113

[60]Sep 25, 2011
    gatoraderising wrote:
    I really liked this episode. Seeing Death again was nice and his talk with Cas was good. Death may not want to say it out loud but I think he like's Dean, why else deal with something you consider a germ.
    Because in every case he had little choice in the matter. The first time he wanted free of Lucifer's control and Dean was his only out. Since then Dean has either summoned him or staged a near death experiance to see him and he hasn't had a lot of choice in the matter.