Supernatural Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Official Discussion Thread: My Heart Will Go On (possible spoilers)

WickedNix

[81]Apr 25, 2011
    • level: 4

This was a challenging episode. It surely made you think in several directions.

I realize most people hate Celine's singing but I think it's a great song. Her voice has range, that's for sure.

One thing I have found disturbing throughout the series is when an angel dies that's it. In other words, there "ain't no more." Obviously, I was raised to hope that heaven is the end of the road where death no longer exists. Seems to me a couple of seasons ago Cas discussed what happens to angels when they are stabbed with that special knife, but I can't remember how he explained it. Anybody?

I think Cas is nearing his breaking point. The stress of having to kill Rachel is going to take it's toll.

Edited on 04/25/2011 8:50pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CaptainHarkness

[82]Apr 25, 2011
    • level: 23

libra113 wrote:
    CaptainHarkness wrote:

I love alternate universe type episodes. I wonder if Bobby and Ellen had been married for quite some time and their daughter Jo was the Jo that we all know and love? I love thinking about these episodes.

I kinda assumed it was the second marriage for each of them and Jo was Bobby's step daughter.
    Yeah that's probably more likely. It's too bad she wasn't actually in the ep though. I miss Jo.

libra113

[83]Apr 26, 2011
    • level: 27
    CaptainHarkness wrote:

libra113 wrote:
    CaptainHarkness wrote:

I love alternate universe type episodes. I wonder if Bobby and Ellen had been married for quite some time and their daughter Jo was the Jo that we all know and love? I love thinking about these episodes.

I kinda assumed it was the second marriage for each of them and Jo was Bobby's step daughter.
    Yeah that's probably more likely. It's too bad she wasn't actually in the ep though. I miss Jo.

Would have been intresting to see if she was any diffrent.

Yeah my impression was that, perhaps, Bobby was there when Bill died and tried to console her in a way he didn't, for some reason, do in the real timeline and that a romance sort of grew from that.

The REAL question is: What did Bobby do in that timeline that he didn't do in the original one that brought them together?

MajLorne

[84]May 3, 2011
    • level: 21
    libra113 wrote:
    I LOVE other universes (big "Sliders" fan, at least until SyFy got ahold of it) so I welcome any chance to explore what might have been.
    I totally agree, without Jerry O'Connell, that show just wasn't worth watching. I also hated how they wrote off his brother like that too. Total bs. Never liked how they 'off'ed' the professor too. He was my favorite character. To me, the bros, the 'ho' and the brotha are still alive finding their way back home

And the line about Al Gore killing Bin Ladin [wow what a difference a week makes], was from Family Guy.

libra113

[85]May 3, 2011
    MajLorne wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    I LOVE other universes (big "Sliders" fan, at least until SyFy got ahold of it) so I welcome any chance to explore what might have been.
    I totally agree, without Jerry O'Connell, that show just wasn't worth watching. I also hated how they wrote off his brother like that too. Total bs. Never liked how they 'off'ed' the professor too. He was my favorite character. To me, the bros, the 'ho' and the brotha are still alive finding their way back home

And the line about Al Gore killing Bin Ladin [wow what a difference a week makes], was from Family Guy.
    For me it got bad when the Professor was killed off (all due to behind the scenes politics) and I kept hoping that they would like it back up to the episode where they apprently got the wrong Professor and left the real one behind. Like they end up back on that Earth (the one with the Azure Gate Bridge) and reconnect with the real one and drop off that lame chick they picked up to replacement (apprenlty Kari Whirer is a real b itch in real life and drove Sabrina Lloydd off the show).

Anyway. Yeah I reconised that qoute and in fact a day or two after it was posted Adult Swim showed that very episode.

Edward_Nigma

[86]May 8, 2011
    • level: 54

libra113 wrote:
    Riddle me this (pun intended): How exactly did they mess it up?

They messed it up by making her seem so weak, and that an angel could kill her so eaisly. Also she's the strongest of the three fates (not weaker than her sisters as she said in the episode).

Edited on 05/08/2011 2:25pm

libra113

[87]May 8, 2011
    Edward_Nigma wrote:

libra113 wrote:
    Riddle me this (pun intended): How exactly did they mess it up?

They messed it up by making her seem so weak, and that an angel could kill her so eaisly. Also she's the strongest of the three fates (not weaker than her sisters as she said in the episode).

Well, they DO take liberties with the lore, always have.

This isn't any diffrent then saying the only way to kill a vampire is to cut it's head off or that ghosts can be delt with by salting and burning their remains (if any).

It would be pretty dull and predictiable if they stuck with the lore 100 percent at all times, not to mention a bit unrealistic as it would mean that whoever started the lore knew everything about the monsters out there and that the lore didn't change no matter how often it was handed down by word of mouth. Fact is we know that folklore and legends have evolved over time and their liberties with the facts reflect that.

In "Supernatural" there are three levels: (1) Real life lore that exsists in our world. (2) 'Real life lore' that exsists in their world (useally similar to ours but diffrent. (3)The truth in their world, which is sometimes similar to the other two and sometimes totally not and sometimes totally their own invention.