Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Official Discussion Thread: Plucky Pennywhistle's... (possible spoilers)

dpebbleson

[21]Feb 13, 2012
    • level: 23
    I'm doing my best not to sound negative, and actually after all my rant it seems that the whole Amy thing had a point after all

I'm always up for ensemble shows, but then again, what make SPN so special is that it isn't ensemble, it's sort of having its own path, which is good.

I've noticed on several boards fans ranting about Bobby becoming unnecessary, deus ex machina, boring, kill him already, moral compass, and whatnot, and then when he died, the majority was: oh my god I can't believe they did that!

Same with Castiel.

I don't think the writers should listen to the fans at all, as you pointed out, the majority of troubles came from listening to the fans. So I should be criticizing the fans, which would be kind of ironic, since I'm a fan as well. At least I never called for the death of any character because I disliked that character.

Oh well, I just wanted to say this episode was boring for me, and now it turned out to be a debate about the whole show, which has such gems as most of S4, and great portions of S1, 2 & 3, that has Azazel, Lilith, Alastair and Crowley...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

libra113

[22]Feb 13, 2012
    • level: 27

dpebbleson wrote:
    I'm doing my best not to sound negative, and actually after all my rant it seems that the whole Amy thing had a point after all I'm always up for ensemble shows, but then again, what make SPN so special is that it isn't ensemble, it's sort of having its own path, which is good. I've noticed on several boards fans ranting about Bobby becoming unnecessary, deus ex machina, boring, kill him already, moral compass, and whatnot, and then when he died, the majority was: oh my god I can't believe they did that! Same with Castiel. I don't think the writers should listen to the fans at all, as you pointed out, the majority of troubles came from listening to the fans. So I should be criticizing the fans, which would be kind of ironic, since I'm a fan as well. At least I never called for the death of any character because I disliked that character. Oh well, I just wanted to say this episode was boring for me, and now it turned out to be a debate about the whole show, which has such gems as most of S4, and great portions of S1, 2 & 3, that has Azazel, Lilith, Alastair and Crowley...
    Yeah, they kind of made a mistake listening to the most vocal members of the fans. I can kind of understand the thinking, at first, since they were just starting out, how such low ratings and were just trying to survive but once you start down that path it's hard to stop and this is what's come of it.

I've also noticed (as you pointed out) people complaining about something then when they do what the complainers want they change their mind. It's like I mentioned before people were wanting just Sam and Dean and now that we have that they're complaining that the show is boring and repeating itself. Well yeah, they have two well established characters to work with so they either have to make them act out of character or go with what we've seen before.

Best thing they could do is bring back Cas. Have him bring back Bobby. Stop listening to the fans and do what think is right and complainers be damned.

dpebbleson

[23]Feb 14, 2012
    • level: 23
    libra113 wrote:

dpebbleson wrote:
    I'm doing my best not to sound negative, and actually after all my rant it seems that the whole Amy thing had a point after all I'm always up for ensemble shows, but then again, what make SPN so special is that it isn't ensemble, it's sort of having its own path, which is good. I've noticed on several boards fans ranting about Bobby becoming unnecessary, deus ex machina, boring, kill him already, moral compass, and whatnot, and then when he died, the majority was: oh my god I can't believe they did that! Same with Castiel. I don't think the writers should listen to the fans at all, as you pointed out, the majority of troubles came from listening to the fans. So I should be criticizing the fans, which would be kind of ironic, since I'm a fan as well. At least I never called for the death of any character because I disliked that character. Oh well, I just wanted to say this episode was boring for me, and now it turned out to be a debate about the whole show, which has such gems as most of S4, and great portions of S1, 2 & 3, that has Azazel, Lilith, Alastair and Crowley...
    Yeah, they kind of made a mistake listening to the most vocal members of the fans. I can kind of understand the thinking, at first, since they were just starting out, how such low ratings and were just trying to survive but once you start down that path it's hard to stop and this is what's come of it.

I've also noticed (as you pointed out) people complaining about something then when they do what the complainers want they change their mind. It's like I mentioned before people were wanting just Sam and Dean and now that we have that they're complaining that the show is boring and repeating itself. Well yeah, they have two well established characters to work with so they either have to make them act out of character or go with what we've seen before.

Best thing they could do is bring back Cas. Have him bring back Bobby. Stop listening to the fans and do what think is right and complainers be damned.

Yeah, if this or the next season are the last, then if I were them I'd do things totally the way I like it, be radical with my ideas, and complainers be damned

libra113

[24]Feb 14, 2012
    • level: 27
    dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

dpebbleson wrote:

Yeah, if this or the next season are the last, then if I were them I'd do things totally the way I like it, be radical with my ideas, and complainers be damned
    Maybe they will if they get enough of a heads up that it's the last season to not care anymore. From what I've seen one of two things happen when everyone knows the show is ending and they don't have to worry about ratings anymore. Things either get really good and fun or they get really bad and the lack of caring just drags the whole thing down. Have a feeling the would go the first way.

danharr

[25]Mar 1, 2012
    • level: 45

Good standalone episode even though it felt like filler had fun a good old fashion hex/whodo story too bad Dean had to let that guy die to save Sam.