Supernatural Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Official Discussion Thread: Survival of the Fittest (possible spoilers)

OdumC

[121]May 22, 2012
    • level: 8
    If you think so.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

libra113

[122]May 23, 2012
    • level: 27

OdumC wrote:
    If you think so.
    Okay. So you have a weapon that's only going to work (Dean said it would only work once, if at all) and you're just going to charge in there, with the thousand things that could go wrong and hope everything works out? You're not going to have a back up just in case something happens? That's reckless.

OdumC

[123]May 23, 2012
    I'm not being baited. You love to argue and have to be right with everyone you speak to so after this, just wander off and find someone else to troll k?

Simple fact is, they walked in and stabbed him straight away with the fake weapon, if they used the real one he would have been dead sooner. it was just a weak plot device to enthrall the more easily impressed.

And Done. Bye.

libra113

[124]May 23, 2012

OdumC wrote:
    I'm not being baited. You love to argue and have to be right with everyone you speak to so after this, just wander off and find someone else to troll k? Simple fact is, they walked in and stabbed him straight away with the fake weapon, if they used the real one he would have been dead sooner. it was just a weak plot device to enthrall the more easily impressed. And Done. Bye.
    I've been here since the show first started and I'm not some fly by night troll.

The fact is you have one shot and only one shot. You have no idea if it's going to work or if you can that shot off before you're stopped. You don't go charging in with your one and only weapon without some assurances.

Sure IF they knew it was going to work that way then it would be fine but they didn't so they too a precaution. Just what do you think would have happened if Dean had charged in there with the real weapon, Dick had grabbed it, broke it in half and they had no way to kill him? How could they have known Dean would have gotten that clean shot? For that matter they had about a fifty-fifty chance that Crowley crossed them and the weapon would be useless.

At least this way they got to play on Dick's arrogance and make sure they got a solid shot with the real weapon. Now I'm done.

OdumC

[125]May 24, 2012
    If you think so.

RichSwingle

[127]May 24, 2012
    • level: 1

:
    John didn't 'just happen' to be in the right place. He told Yellow Eyes before they made their deal that he knew the whole plan and had know it for some time so presumably he KNEW where to be and about when to be there. It was planned.

Again, there would be no point in having Ash say he couldn't find Mary or John in Heaven if it didn't mean they were going to show up at some point. You don't just put something like that out there and forget about it. Besides there have been hints for awhile that Missouri was wrong and Mary wasn't destroyed, not to mention a destroyed ghost WOULD likely go to Purgatory rather than just no longer exist.

It would be a nice way to tie in why Grandpa was working for Crowley to open Purgatory, and what his motivations truly were, and why Mary was even mentioned at all.

Of course, I was hoping they would find and rescue Bobby from Purgatory, since his whole after-life story arc was a bit pointless. I can't see them using the Purgatory arc on both Mary and Bobby, so I guess its going to be one or the other...

Edited on 05/24/2012 8:11pm
    Edited 2 total times.

OdumC

[128]May 24, 2012
    RichSwingle wrote:

:
    John didn't 'just happen' to be in the right place. He told Yellow Eyes before they made their deal that he knew the whole plan and had know it for some time so presumably he KNEW where to be and about when to be there. It was planned.

Again, there would be no point in having Ash say he couldn't find Mary or John in Heaven if it didn't mean they were going to show up at some point. You don't just put something like that out there and forget about it. Besides there have been hints for awhile that Missouri was wrong and Mary wasn't destroyed, not to mention a destroyed ghost WOULD likely go to Purgatory rather than just no longer exist.

It would be a nice way to tie in why Grandpa was working for Crowley to open Purgatory, and what his motivations truly were, and why Mary was even mentioned at all.

Of course, I was hoping they would find and rescue Bobby from Purgatory, since his whole after-life story arc was a bit pointless. I can't see them using the Purgatory arc on both Mary and Bobby, so I guess its going to be one or the other...

As much as I like Bobby's character i really hope they don't try bringing him back again. they've made death such a joke (to the point they once had Death sitting in a pizza parlor enjoying a slice) that it's almost an "Ehh so what" moment anytime someone dies.

lachlan_j_g

[129]May 25, 2012
    • level: 11

OdumC wrote:
    RichSwingle wrote:

:

As much as I like Bobby's character i really hope they don't try bringing him back again. they've made death such a joke (to the point they once had Death sitting in a pizza parlor enjoying a slice) that it's almost an "Ehh so what" moment anytime someone dies.

If you think so.

OdumC

[131]May 25, 2012

lachlan_j_g wrote:

OdumC wrote:
    RichSwingle wrote:

:

If you think so.

Nah, nevermind... not worth it.

Edited on 05/25/2012 2:29am

libra113

[132]May 25, 2012

RichSwingle wrote:

:

Oh I don't know, I could see them both (or more) coming out of there.

WickedNix

[133]May 26, 2012
    • level: 4

OdumC wrote:
    If you think so.

I'll tell you what I think. Smile

I agree with Libra. Chuck is God. The same process as when Castiel took over his host's body. One and the same.

I've read boatloads of Libra's comments about the different topics, and he always has excellent insights, whether you agree with him or not.

Edited on 05/26/2012 3:33pm

libra113

[134]May 26, 2012

WickedNix wrote:

OdumC wrote:
    If you think so.

I agree with Libra. Chuck is God. The same process as when Castiel took over his host's body. One and the same.

I've read boatloads of Libra's comments about the different topics, and he always has excellent insights, whether you agree with him or not.

Thank you kindly.

OdumC

[135]May 26, 2012

WickedNix wrote:

OdumC wrote:
    If you think so.

When did I say Chuck wasn't God? that was always my opinion on it to. did you even bother reading any of this or just jump on the bandwagon?

You obviously didn't and the fact he thanked instead of corrected solidfies my first impression. not to mention he already trolled me in another thread.

I'm suddenly remembering why I never wasted time on the SN forums here.

Hasta kids, have fun trolling someone else.

Edited on 05/26/2012 10:29pm

libra113

[136]May 27, 2012

OdumC wrote:

WickedNix wrote:

OdumC wrote:
    If you think so.

When did I say Chuck wasn't God? that was always my opinion on it to. did you even bother reading any of this or just jump on the bandwagon?

You obviously didn't and the fact he thanked instead of corrected solidfies my first impression. not to mention he already trolled me in another thread.

I didn't correct it because I didn't notice. Excuse me for not being able to keep track of who said what, when and where. As for trolling apprently your defintion of trolling is disagreeing with you so yeah have a nice trip.

Here everyone is entitled to speak theirpieceand yes disagree with what others said and provide counter points. This is not a place where everyone comes to just nod their heads like a bunch of drones at everything everybody says. You want that start a cult.

WickedNix

[137]May 27, 2012
    • level: 4

libra113 wrote:

OdumC wrote:

WickedNix wrote:

OdumC wrote:
    If you think so.

I didn't correct it because I didn't notice. Excuse me for not being able to keep track of who said what, when and where. As for trolling apprently your defintion of trolling is disagreeing with you so yeah have a nice trip.

Here everyone is entitled to speak theirpieceand yes disagree with what others said and provide counter points. This is not a place where everyone comes to just nod their heads like a bunch of drones at everything everybody says. You want that start a cult.

Amen to that Libra! That's one thing I noticed about this forum, that no matter how outlandish my opinion might be I could still speak my piece and not be concerned with anyone throwing lightning bolts my way. Hasta la vista OdumC...have a happy journey where ever you go. Smile

Edited on 05/27/2012 2:01pm

libra113

[138]May 27, 2012

WickedNix wrote:

libra113 wrote:

OdumC wrote:

WickedNix wrote:

OdumC wrote:
    If you think so.

Amen to that Libra! That's one thing I noticed about this forum, that no matter how outlandish my opinion might be I could still speak my piece and not be concerned with anyone throwing lightning bolts my way. Hasta la vista OdumC...have a happy journey where ever you go. Smile

Yeah, know what you mean. What I can't stand are people who seem to see any disagreement with what they say as an attack and I certainly don't like being accused of trolling anyone. I don't know what instance this person is talking about in particular but I never have trolled anyone. What I do is give myviewpoint (which is the point of places like this) and if they don't agree then that's fine.

This is supposed to be a free exchange of ideas not a dictatorship and the ability to say your piece goes both ways.