Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Official Discussion Thread: The Man Who Knew Too Much (possible spoilers)

libra113

[201]Jun 3, 2011
    • level: 27
    RachelleMcAdams wrote:

libra113 wrote:
    sinjaceheroes wrote:

RachelleMcAdams wrote:

LaughingLaughingLaughing YES! And he didn't steal all those souls to turn himself into the new god and rule heaven, earth, and hell; he wanted to save those poor monsters from the misery of purgatory, housing them safely away in the Jimmy vessel. And torture Dr. Visyak to death? Perish the thought! He was merely performing a mercy killing so she wouldn't suffer so after what Crowley had done. (The problem was, she wouldn't die, so he had to keep digging and digging and digging....) As for his insistence that the Winchesters and Bobby bow to him or die, it was just a JOKE for pete's sake! What? Have we all lost our sense of humor??? Team Winchester will all have a big laugh over it next season--you'll see! They'll do a little dance, kicking up their heels, and sing, "We are fam...il...ly..."

Aww! And he wasn't using Claire to blackmail Jimmy. He just slipped and accidentally fell into the wrong body.

And Balthazar? He was agreeing with him. Yes! I will always have you! He was trying to thrust the angel blade into the air in a show of team spirit. But his aim isn't all that great.

- Well, it was to kill Raphael, evil Castiel was just a sweet side effect.

- Seeing as how he was pressed for time and Visyak good or not was still a monster and had killed before, then she/he/it was just a pawn in the way. And how awesome is it that Bobby finally got in the supernatural sex bandwagon?! I mean, Dean had sex with an angel; Sam had sex with a demon; and Bobby had sex with a monster! We have all species! Oh, wait, we still have pagan gods left!

- Well, seeing as that was God!Cas and not Cas, then I don't think its valid. After all, NO ONE considers Sam a murderer do they? After all, it all happened under the effect of the Soulless. So, it's the same case here. Whatever happens from here on out, isn't Castiel's fault or blame, it all falls on God!Cas, a completely different character.

- And since I understand why Balthazar was killed, then, that whole brother betrayal thing really didn't do it for me.Undecided

EDIT: Nope, scratch that. Gabriel got freaky with Bali.

We have all species.

Don't forget that Sam also did the nasty with a werewolf. Yeah no one seems to hold it against Sam that he killed and drank a nurse (sounds weird) or any of the other stuff he did while 'under the influence' so fair is only fair here.

We don't know for sure if he killed that nurse because he didn't have any afterward guilt andas Ruby said the demon could been playing him. Castiel on the otherhand before getting juiced on souls didn't seem to mind that Crowley killed and bleed a innocent virgin infact he said " Thank you" when Crowley gave him the jar

I'm pretty sure Sam said he drained her and there's no refrence to her having survived and being set free so, natural assumption that he killed her and drank her blood. Also, Ruby DID say the only way for him to have the juice he needed to ice Lilith was to drink her dry and since he DID ice Lilith he HAD to have killed her.

It's just one of thoes things that pales in comparision to freeing Lucifer and dooming the world AND being under the influence of blood. In short the writers don't want to call TOO much attention to it becasue there's not really an easy way to redeem someone from something like that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

basenji529

[202]Jun 4, 2011
    • level: 15

RachelleMcAdams wrote:
    Don't forget that Sam also did the nasty with a werewolf. Yeah no one seems to hold it against Sam that he killed and drank a nurse (sounds weird) or any of the other stuff he did while 'under the influence' so fair is only fair here.

We don't know for sure if he killed that nurse because he didn't have any afterward guilt andas Ruby said the demon could been playing him. Castiel on the otherhand before getting juiced on souls didn't seem to mind that Crowley killed and bleed a innocent virgin infact he said " Thank you" when Crowley gave him the jar[/QUOTE]

No one said the virgin was female. I'm willing to bet they met the virgin on a furry forum.

Mickis

[203]Jun 4, 2011
    • level: 4

RachelleMcAdams wrote:

libra113 wrote:
    sinjaceheroes wrote:

RachelleMcAdams wrote:

LaughingLaughingLaughing YES! And he didn't steal all those souls to turn himself into the new god and rule heaven, earth, and hell; he wanted to save those poor monsters from the misery of purgatory, housing them safely away in the Jimmy vessel. And torture Dr. Visyak to death? Perish the thought! He was merely performing a mercy killing so she wouldn't suffer so after what Crowley had done. (The problem was, she wouldn't die, so he had to keep digging and digging and digging....) As for his insistence that the Winchesters and Bobby bow to him or die, it was just a JOKE for pete's sake! What? Have we all lost our sense of humor??? Team Winchester will all have a big laugh over it next season--you'll see! They'll do a little dance, kicking up their heels, and sing, "We are fam...il...ly..."

Aww! And he wasn't using Claire to blackmail Jimmy. He just slipped and accidentally fell into the wrong body.

And Balthazar? He was agreeing with him. Yes! I will always have you! He was trying to thrust the angel blade into the air in a show of team spirit. But his aim isn't all that great.

- Seeing as how he was pressed for time and Visyak good or not was still a monster and had killed before, then she/he/it was just a pawn in the way. And how awesome is it that Bobby finally got in the supernatural sex bandwagon?! I mean, Dean had sex with an angel; Sam had sex with a demon; and Bobby had sex with a monster! We have all species! Oh, wait, we still have pagan gods left!

- Well, seeing as that was God!Cas and not Cas, then I don't think its valid. After all, NO ONE considers Sam a murderer do they? After all, it all happened under the effect of the Soulless. So, it's the same case here. Whatever happens from here on out, isn't Castiel's fault or blame, it all falls on God!Cas, a completely different character.

- And since I understand why Balthazar was killed, then, that whole brother betrayal thing really didn't do it for me.Undecided

We have all species.

We don't know for sure if he killed that nurse because he didn't have any afterward guilt andas Ruby said the demon could been playing him. Castiel on the otherhand before getting juiced on souls didn't seem to mind that Crowley killed and bleed a innocent virgin infact he said " Thank you" when Crowley gave him the jar

I got the impression the 'thank you' was about Cas being grateful Crowley took care of the virgin ingridient in their little blood soup. Because I don't think Cas would have felt all that comfortable draining some virgin on her/his blood, and Crowley probably knew that by doing this, he saved Castiel the task of doing it, hence the thank you. That said, it was still wrong, which Cas knew of course. But this season he was all about sacrifices to win the war, and the bigger picture. Kinda like the way he used to think before Dean taught him otherwise. Still, this time he knew it was wrong while he was doing it. He wasn't simply following orders and trusting in the just plan of Heaven.

sinjaceheroes

[204]Jun 4, 2011
    • level: 14

basenji529 wrote:

No one said the virgin was female. I'm willing to bet they met the virgin on a furry forum.

Ha!

libra113

[205]Jun 5, 2011
    Mickis wrote:

RachelleMcAdams wrote:

libra113 wrote:
    sinjaceheroes wrote:

RachelleMcAdams wrote:

We have all species.

I got the impression the 'thank you' was about Cas being grateful Crowley took care of the virgin ingridient in their little blood soup. Because I don't think Cas would have felt all that comfortable draining some virgin on her/his blood, and Crowley probably knew that by doing this, he saved Castiel the task of doing it, hence the thank you. That said, it was still wrong, which Cas knew of course. But this season he was all about sacrifices to win the war, and the bigger picture. Kinda like the way he used to think before Dean taught him otherwise. Still, this time he knew it was wrong while he was doing it. He wasn't simply following orders and trusting in the just plan of Heaven.

Well, likely Crowley took care of it becasue he KNEW it would be an issue to Cas (if only on a superficial level) and didn't want to do anything else to strain their partnership given all the issues brought up by their conflict over Sam and Dean. In any case, Cas was locked into doing what he thought he had to do to save everyone from the designs of Raph and HIS version of Heaven.

jack756

[206]Jun 19, 2011

i know i havent been on here awhile.its mostly b/c im not a fan of this season at all.with that being said i did enjoy this ep.

i like with let it bleed they took care of that lisa/ben stuff.so happy

ive notice the boys are getting crap from fans b/c how they feel about what cas is doing.

dean is always trying to get ohers to see what could happened in the long run.just like when he knew if he didnt say yes to michael alot of ppl would die,or that sam being with ruby was going to turn out bad and he was doing the same thing with cas to get cas tosee if he did this what the outcome come be.cas wasnt trying to hear that.

cas did the same thing sam did.sam thought he was doing something good and it wasnt.cas did the same thing he thought he was doing something good and now look the power has gone to his head.

i didnt hate cas but i didnt really care 4 him either but seeing how he acted in those last couple of minutes of the ep.i knew i wasnt going to like him anymore.man i hope they kill cas now.i still cant believe he told them to bow and espress their love or die.what kind of stuff is that.cas has to die like today lol

and im still shock most fans are on cas side.i have no ideal why when its the same thing sam did.

love the ep but cas needs to die.(i would have said cas needs to behuman but they ruin anna character when she became huamn i dont want to see that again)

btw jared did a good job in this ep. i enjoy seeing his scenes as well.

Edited on 06/19/2011 12:17pm

jack756

[207]Jun 19, 2011
    CortezDC wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    Mickis wrote:

libra113 wrote:
    Mickis wrote:

libra113 wrote:
    Kitanishi wrote:
    filmstu2005 wrote:

Kitanishi wrote:
    DegrassiFan619 wrote:
    I was ecstatic when Raphael died. . And the way he died was fantastic. *SNAP* -Obliterates-
    If not for the VERY end of the finale, I would not have even returned to watch seventh season. Pretty much Let's face it - majority of this season, majority of fifth season, majority of fourth season has been crap. But this season was like a headless chicken running around the plots till they found out how they will write themselves out of the corner they are in. Sam's "wall" thing is just another "oh well, forget it", Purgatory is also "oh well forget it" and everything else goes "oh well forget it, look at this new shiny bad thing!" like Supernatural has been going on ever since the end of season 3 - plotlines are suddenly dropped to introduce and hype new things and then those new things are dropped for new things. And then lets assassinate the character of Castiel in favor of a shocker ending! Yay! I am sorry show, but you are no Buffy(hey maybe they will bring Buffy here, give her a trollhammer and finally kill castiel off!?) and no Vampire Diaries(because the writing in SN no longer even compares to the quality of tvd). You can't have one of fan favorite characters go evil, do horrible things, kill people and be hated. You do not know how to do that. This season has showed that to us. Castiel is no Stefan and certainly no Angelus. I can only hope that the season 7 fares better than this season as well as the last three seasons of sexist shenanigans did. The finale gave me a TINY bit of hope. Can we have a really awesome female character, show? Please? Someone who does NOT go all evil and DOES NOT die? How I miss buffy...but hey at least CW channel will STILL have Katherine(TVD)(and hopefully more once season three starts rolling) and the main character of Ringer played by Sarah Michelle Gellar. Oh man, how I miss the third season of Supernatural - kickass female characters, plot build up, actual plotlines for Sam, actually awesome ideas and concepts...nowadays its all the same stuff we have been getting ever since s4 started...and I can't help but wonder - where did it all go wrong?

Although I agree with some points you made, I'll keep my correspondence miniscule, because you sound highly biased and majorly in favor of the show's female characters. This is more a guy show, deal with it.

(However, I liked the bartender character too. She seemed real cool, I was hoping Sam would eventuallydiscover her in the real world, but nope. Turns out she's already dead.)

Exactly because its a guy show, it should have a lot more female characters. Now as all of that looks Supernatural (which was primarily a "guy show") only attracts female audience and TVD(which was primarily supposed to be a "girl show" with romance and stuff) attracts guys and manages to have females that are competent and kick asses while looking pretty. Now I feel like I am watching version of Days of Our Lives sponsored by either republican party or amish farmers who traveled to the present from year 1920. This show has no female characters at all and it IS a valid complaint. EVERY female ends up dead or evil, to the point that EVEN the BROTHERS feel very...very sausage-festy... Good female characters in SN: Meg in season1 and 2. Dead and Evil. Ruby in season 3. Dead and Evil. Thats all.
    A show's intended audience is gaged by the MAIN characters NOT by the lesser characters. A guy show has male leads, a chick show has female leads. The idea is that the male viewer will be able to put themselves in Sam and Dean's shoes and that a male viewer will be intrested in seeing them go around blowing things up, killing monsters, etc... than in seeing them hanging around with some chick talking relationships and feelings and yadda, yadda.

Did they seriously aim for this show to be a guy's show? Talk about needing target practise. Isn't Supernatural famous for having almost exclusively female fans? And you can't blame them. With leading actors that look that good (Jensen and Misha are both yummy) it's bound to attract a female audience. Even if you're just channel surfing you're bound to do a double-take after stumbling over one of those guys. Maybe they should have used less attractive male actors, but hey, I'm female and I'm not complaining. I mean, I would have watched and loved the show regardless, but some eyecandy is always nice.

Well, let's see hard drinking, hard fighting macho leads to look up to. Guns, knives, fighting, classic rock music and a classic muscel car... humm no it's defently a chick show (like the "View" is for dudes). Sorry couldn't help myself.

To be fair, not all girls watch shows like Oprah and Gossip Girl and whatever it is we're meant to watch. And yeah, some girls do enjoy violence and rock music. But I think what attracted girls the most to this show was the bromance. Guys don't usually hug it out on television the way Sam and Dean does, and that could have been where their aim was off. Just speculating, of course.

You're right, of course, these are all very broad generalities, of course.

The underlying implications of Sam and Dean's realationship is that while brothers joke around and give each other a hard time and all that, deep down they love each other and while in most cases they won't be a open about it as Sam and Dean are they have a lot of water under the bridge that makes them more open.

Not sure the show could have been done without that part of it or if it had if it would have worked as well. Still, it's not like "Charmed" (which I would think much more as a 'chick show') where they spend a lot of time in each episode focused on their love lives, dating, new boyfriends, etc...

Can't say I could see "Supernatural" doing that and while they have touched on it in the past (espeically the stuff with Ben and Lisa) it hasn't been as front and center as it was on "Charmed" and tended to slow down and derail the whole story a lot of the time.

I agree, SPN is more of a boys show, and I remember a CW represenative saying that they struggle with gaining a male audience, as most of the viewers are females. I don't think it's because of the show, just the channel it's on. The CW has notoriously created shows aimed at girls, like Gossip Girl, America's Next Top Model, Nikita, etc. So mainly girls watch the channel anyway.
    nikita isnt a chick show.the show was inteded for males.nikita is the only show the cw has with the most male viewers.if it wasnt for that fact the show would have been cancel b/c the rating average around 1.6 but since it got most males watching the cw keeping it around.

libra113

[208]Jun 19, 2011
    jack756 wrote:

i know i havent been on here awhile.its mostly b/c im not a fan of this season at all.with that being said i did enjoy this ep.

i like with let it bleed they took care of that lisa/ben stuff.so happy

ive notice the boys are getting crap from fans b/c how they feel about what cas is doing.

dean is always trying to get ohers to see what could happened in the long run.just like when he knew if he didnt say yes to michael alot of ppl would die,or that sam being with ruby was going to turn out bad and he was doing the same thing with cas to get cas tosee if he did this what the outcome come be.cas wasnt trying to hear that.

cas did the same thing sam did.sam thought he was doing something good and it wasnt.cas did the same thing he thought he was doing something good and now look the power has gone to his head.

i didnt hate cas but i didnt really care 4 him either but seeing how he acted in those last couple of minutes of the ep.i knew i wasnt going to like him anymore.man i hope they kill cas now.i still cant believe he told them to bow and espress their love or die.what kind of stuff is that.cas has to die like today lol

and im still shock most fans are on cas side.i have no ideal why when its the same thing sam did.

love the ep but cas needs to die.(i would have said cas needs to behuman but they ruin anna character when she became huamn i dont want to see that again)

btw jared did a good job in this ep. i enjoy seeing his scenes as well.

Well, the truth of the matter is that Sam had options and Cas didn't.

Cas was in a situation where if he did nothing Raph was going to take over Heaven and restart the end of the world and everyone was going to die. Conversly, there wasn't anyone with the kind of juice to help him stop Raph through normal channels so he did the only thing he could do, get the juice he needed for himself.

As for Dean he can take the long view all he wants but he totally failed to listen to what Cas' situion REALLY was. In Dean's mind Cas just made the choice he made and that was it and Dean never considered WHY Cas made that choice. He tells Cas he could have come to him (Dean) but what exactly could Dean do in a short peroid of time (remember Raph wasn't giving Cas a lot of time to surrender to him and more or less support his position as leader using Cas' new found popularity and status)? There was NOTHING that Dean, or Bobby, or Sam or anyone could have done against Raph, he was too powerful.

On the otherhand Sam's situation was taking down Lilith. They had more time to work on that and while they didn't have forever they had more time than Cas did with Raph and there was actually a CHANCE that they could have found another way to stop Lilth from breaking the seals without Sam having to sleep with Ruby OR use his powers OR drink demon blood or any of it.

The diffrence is that Sam only beleaved he had no choice and Cas REALLY did have no choice.

libra113

[209]Jun 19, 2011
    jack756 wrote:
    CortezDC wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    Mickis wrote:

libra113 wrote:
    Mickis wrote:

libra113 wrote:
    Kitanishi wrote:
    filmstu2005 wrote:

Kitanishi wrote:
    DegrassiFan619 wrote:
    I was ecstatic when Raphael died. . And the way he died was fantastic. *SNAP* -Obliterates-
    If not for the VERY end of the finale, I would not have even returned to watch seventh season. Pretty much Let's face it - majority of this season, majority of fifth season, majority of fourth season has been crap. But this season was like a headless chicken running around the plots till they found out how they will write themselves out of the corner they are in. Sam's "wall" thing is just another "oh well, forget it", Purgatory is also "oh well forget it" and everything else goes "oh well forget it, look at this new shiny bad thing!" like Supernatural has been going on ever since the end of season 3 - plotlines are suddenly dropped to introduce and hype new things and then those new things are dropped for new things. And then lets assassinate the character of Castiel in favor of a shocker ending! Yay! I am sorry show, but you are no Buffy(hey maybe they will bring Buffy here, give her a trollhammer and finally kill castiel off!?) and no Vampire Diaries(because the writing in SN no longer even compares to the quality of tvd). You can't have one of fan favorite characters go evil, do horrible things, kill people and be hated. You do not know how to do that. This season has showed that to us. Castiel is no Stefan and certainly no Angelus. I can only hope that the season 7 fares better than this season as well as the last three seasons of sexist shenanigans did. The finale gave me a TINY bit of hope. Can we have a really awesome female character, show? Please? Someone who does NOT go all evil and DOES NOT die? How I miss buffy...but hey at least CW channel will STILL have Katherine(TVD)(and hopefully more once season three starts rolling) and the main character of Ringer played by Sarah Michelle Gellar. Oh man, how I miss the third season of Supernatural - kickass female characters, plot build up, actual plotlines for Sam, actually awesome ideas and concepts...nowadays its all the same stuff we have been getting ever since s4 started...and I can't help but wonder - where did it all go wrong?

Although I agree with some points you made, I'll keep my correspondence miniscule, because you sound highly biased and majorly in favor of the show's female characters. This is more a guy show, deal with it.

(However, I liked the bartender character too. She seemed real cool, I was hoping Sam would eventuallydiscover her in the real world, but nope. Turns out she's already dead.)

Exactly because its a guy show, it should have a lot more female characters. Now as all of that looks Supernatural (which was primarily a "guy show") only attracts female audience and TVD(which was primarily supposed to be a "girl show" with romance and stuff) attracts guys and manages to have females that are competent and kick asses while looking pretty. Now I feel like I am watching version of Days of Our Lives sponsored by either republican party or amish farmers who traveled to the present from year 1920. This show has no female characters at all and it IS a valid complaint. EVERY female ends up dead or evil, to the point that EVEN the BROTHERS feel very...very sausage-festy... Good female characters in SN: Meg in season1 and 2. Dead and Evil. Ruby in season 3. Dead and Evil. Thats all.
    A show's intended audience is gaged by the MAIN characters NOT by the lesser characters. A guy show has male leads, a chick show has female leads. The idea is that the male viewer will be able to put themselves in Sam and Dean's shoes and that a male viewer will be intrested in seeing them go around blowing things up, killing monsters, etc... than in seeing them hanging around with some chick talking relationships and feelings and yadda, yadda.

Did they seriously aim for this show to be a guy's show? Talk about needing target practise. Isn't Supernatural famous for having almost exclusively female fans? And you can't blame them. With leading actors that look that good (Jensen and Misha are both yummy) it's bound to attract a female audience. Even if you're just channel surfing you're bound to do a double-take after stumbling over one of those guys. Maybe they should have used less attractive male actors, but hey, I'm female and I'm not complaining. I mean, I would have watched and loved the show regardless, but some eyecandy is always nice.

Well, let's see hard drinking, hard fighting macho leads to look up to. Guns, knives, fighting, classic rock music and a classic muscel car... humm no it's defently a chick show (like the "View" is for dudes). Sorry couldn't help myself.

To be fair, not all girls watch shows like Oprah and Gossip Girl and whatever it is we're meant to watch. And yeah, some girls do enjoy violence and rock music. But I think what attracted girls the most to this show was the bromance. Guys don't usually hug it out on television the way Sam and Dean does, and that could have been where their aim was off. Just speculating, of course.

You're right, of course, these are all very broad generalities, of course.

The underlying implications of Sam and Dean's realationship is that while brothers joke around and give each other a hard time and all that, deep down they love each other and while in most cases they won't be a open about it as Sam and Dean are they have a lot of water under the bridge that makes them more open.

Not sure the show could have been done without that part of it or if it had if it would have worked as well. Still, it's not like "Charmed" (which I would think much more as a 'chick show') where they spend a lot of time in each episode focused on their love lives, dating, new boyfriends, etc...

Can't say I could see "Supernatural" doing that and while they have touched on it in the past (espeically the stuff with Ben and Lisa) it hasn't been as front and center as it was on "Charmed" and tended to slow down and derail the whole story a lot of the time.

I agree, SPN is more of a boys show, and I remember a CW represenative saying that they struggle with gaining a male audience, as most of the viewers are females. I don't think it's because of the show, just the channel it's on. The CW has notoriously created shows aimed at girls, like Gossip Girl, America's Next Top Model, Nikita, etc. So mainly girls watch the channel anyway.
    nikita isnt a chick show.the show was inteded for males.nikita is the only show the cw has with the most male viewers.if it wasnt for that fact the show would have been cancel b/c the rating average around 1.6 but since it got most males watching the cw keeping it around.
    I haven't seen "Nikita" but I DO recall "Le Fem Nikita" and a major element of that show was always her sexuality. It was like they used any excuse to have her nude, or as close as possible, as much as possible. With that kind of thing it's pretty easy to tell WHO the show is aimed at.

lostcause78

[210]Jun 23, 2011
    • level: 9
    K not gonna do the whole pyramid quoting windows. But for the people saying he had no problem with the virgin blood...just because you haven't had sex you can still be an evil bastard

I can easily see Cas insisting on using a murderer about to die or whatnot

Come ooon season 7!

libra113

[211]Jun 23, 2011

lostcause78 wrote:
    K not gonna do the whole pyramid quoting windows. But for the people saying he had no problem with the virgin blood...just because you haven't had sex you can still be an evil bastard I can easily see Cas insisting on using a murderer about to die or whatnot Come ooon season 7!
    Generally, the reason for a virgin sacrifice is becasue virginity represents innocence, purity and goodness so it would be expected to be the case here. Still, just because someone is pure and innocent and all that doesn't mean they're a nice a person or don't desurve to be taken out.

Could be someone who thought of themselves as good and pure but was really judgmental and twisted. We don't know and likely we never will but Cas taking a human life in and of itself is pretty distrubing since he was always the one angel who loved humans and even called them works of art. It shows how desperate he bacame and how far he fell before even opening up Purgatory and absorbing al the souls.

basenji529

[212]Jun 26, 2011
    • level: 15

Eh, that virgin was about to bring a gun to school and shoot all the jocks.

libra113

[213]Jun 26, 2011
    basenji529 wrote:

Eh, that virgin was about to bring a gun to school and shoot all the jocks.

Or maybe it was a really fugly geek who was frustrated becasue he couldn't laid.

lostcause78

[214]Jun 26, 2011
    • level: 9
    My point is it's up to us to decide who and what the virgin is.

It would't be the first time in supernatural where the "rule" turns out to have a lot of loopholes the brothers have used over the years. Don't see why this is any different. Cas could have seen the virgin requirement and the victim could have been the biggest jerk on earth or some guy on death row, happens to be a virgin and the blood therefor works.

I know it's basicly repeating myself here, but trying to underline the fact that, IF the writers want to have an excuse for Cas in S7, then this is not only possible, it's also viable within the canon of the universe

Another question! nothing to do with this topic but am re-watching the show and refresh my memory please, did they ever explain how the colt worked with normal bullets too? since they spent the last on good ol yellow eyes

libra113

[215]Jun 26, 2011
    Yes, what you say IS true but I don' think they SHOULD try and soften what Cas did wrong.

I think he should own his mistakes and try to make amends for them and not have them swept under the rug and forgotten or made less of just so they can quickly rehab the character and move on to something else.

I DO want them to rehab him and want him to come out the otherside better and more aware of the pitfalls of free will and making the right choices but I certaintly don't want them do that explaining his actions away with justifications and excuses.

Sure, since he's absorbed the Purgatory souls it's like he's drunk on power and that will likely explain his actions from here on out but the stuff before that should be what it is and should be delt with accordingly.

To me it doesn't matter who the virgin was or what kind of person they were, the very fact that only angel who has 100 percent of the time been on the side of humans and even called humans works of art took the life of a human to further his own agenda.

Now yeah that agenda was important and he had no real other options but the fact he didn't seem all that conflicted about it is something that needs to be addressed and not made okay by justification.

sinjaceheroes

[216]Jul 17, 2011

lostcause78 wrote:
    Another question! nothing to do with this topic but am re-watching the show and refresh my memory please, did they ever explain how the colt worked with normal bullets too? since they spent the last on good ol yellow eyes

Well, thing is that Bobby tried using normal bullets with the Colt on Ruby and it didn't work, like at all. Ruby then told him (and helped him, I suppose) how to modify theColt. So, I guess a 'new' Colt, a new batch of bullets. Or at least, make it so any bullet would work with it?

They purposely left that matter hidden. All we are suppose to know is that they altered the Colt and it works the same as the old one.

libra113

[217]Jul 17, 2011
    The whole Colt situation is a bit under explained. Most of the time they say the Colt was 'fixed' whatever that means given that it only needed more ammo.

Add to that the fact that the Crossroads demon said it wasn't the original Colt implying that it was a totally new gun.

Further the bullets don't look specially marked or numbered like before. It's all a very confusing and, I suspect, intentionally vauge situation.