Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Official Discussion Thread: The Man Who Would Be King (possible spoilers)

libra113

[121]May 17, 2011
    • level: 27
    yutg25 wrote:

I wonder what kind of enemies he will have?

I was already thinking about a pilot and this is what I come up with:

Setting: Las Vegas or Los Angeles (City of Sin or the City of Lost Angels, I think it fits for a start)

I thought of a kind of pilot. I wonder if I should put it here or try to write fanfic out of it.

Hunters are hunting supernatural activity in the area. Suddenly a they encounter a human but superstrong and immune to everything they throw atthen Cas jumps into the mix and saves the hunters with enochian bloodspells but he messes up and one of the hunters gets capture.

Well, I saw him as being more moble than that and kinda being on a mission to help people in need to atone for his past misdeeds.

Something like each person he saves from evil gets him that much closer to Heaven. In which case I see his enemies as being demons, angles he crossed in the past (such as an also fallen Raph, etc...).

I see him ally himself with some hunters here and there, perhaps an also fallen Balthzar (or perhaps he's the Hevenly contact who gives him his assignments and progress reports).

Maybe he can even pick up a pet or something, something like a witch's famliuar but more angelic like manybe a bird or something.

Perhaps Atonement would be a name for the show, if somewhat dire.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

libra113

[122]May 17, 2011
    sinjaceheroes wrote:

dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    sinjaceheroes wrote:

basenji529 wrote:

Bestows 100 million internets to libra for the Castiel spinoff idea.

Now for a name? Perhaps The Messenger?

Explanation:

αννελος - angel, messenger

αννελιον - message

This is also where the word "evangelical" comes from, ευαννελιον. (Also used to describe the Gospels.) Rarely does anyone mention "dysangelical", that is, the bearer of bad news.

How about "Holy"? Nah, sounds dumb.

Well, we could just go with "Castiel". Hey, if Ally McBeal can do it, so can Cass. She was boring as hell.

"I can't do my homework now, ma! Castiel is on!"

Yeah, it works for me.

I would suggest "Fallen" but that was a movie with Denzel fighting (of all demons) Yellow Eyes himself. I kid you not, same demon although their version doesn't have yellow eyes and can only pass from one body to another by touch. I would also suggest "Broken Wings" but that song is just NOT in the tone of "Supernautal" and likely not this show either so nevermind.
    Ah, I remember that film. I saw the commercial for it, and once I saw Azazel written on some surface, I decided to watch it. Even the personality of this Azazel was a bit similar to SPN one: you know, cynical, witty, but he was also more Trickster-like. A fine film.

I had Fallen in mind, but I didn't write it down because that would mean he wasa fallen angel again--is that whats going on in this imaginary show? O.o Cause I thought it was full on angel Cass.

My idea of Fallen was more on the ABC version==which I am not embarrased to say I loved. See? Bold AND Italic. That means I'm serious. I was gonna go for the underline too, but I thought it too much.

Anyways, I did see Denzel Fallen and it was a "fine film" to quote our friend up here, but the cat **** it all up for me. That damn cat. I didn't like that cat. Stupid cat. See, I am all FOR unhappy endings, I think happy endings are stupid and suck--but couldn't they come up with a better idea? a CAT?

I wanna see ABC Fallen again.... o.o

Yeah, I saw the show as Cas being a fallen angel and having to get by on his knowledge and contacts and whatnot.

I'm not aware of a past series called "Fallen", might have to look into it.

dpebbleson

[123]May 17, 2011
    • level: 23
    libra113 wrote:
    dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    sinjaceheroes wrote:

basenji529 wrote:

Explanation:

αννελιον - message

This is also where the word "evangelical" comes from, ευαννελιον. (Also used to describe the Gospels.) Rarely does anyone mention "dysangelical", that is, the bearer of bad news.

Well, we could just go with "Castiel". Hey, if Ally McBeal can do it, so can Cass. She was boring as hell.

Yeah, it works for me.

I would suggest "Fallen" but that was a movie with Denzel fighting (of all demons) Yellow Eyes himself. I kid you not, same demon although their version doesn't have yellow eyes and can only pass from one body to another by touch.

I would also suggest "Broken Wings" but that song is just NOT in the tone of "Supernautal" and likely not this show either so nevermind.

Ah, I remember that film. I saw the commercial for it, and once I saw Azazel written on some surface, I decided to watch it. Even the personality of this Azazel was a bit similar to SPN one: you know, cynical, witty, but he was also more Trickster-like.

A fine film.
    Yeah, wonder sometimes if Kripke saw it too.

He must have, I suppose. It's his genre after all. I dare to say that even though it's a fine film, some episodes, and the whole story of SPN is much better. And I also like SPN Azazel better than the Fallen one.

BarryWeen3

[124]May 17, 2011
    • level: 14

basenji529 wrote:

Oh, I meant Smallville for two hours. But Smallville deserved it; it is the final season. How long has it been on, anyway?

The final season was its tenth.

libra113

[125]May 17, 2011
    dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    sinjaceheroes wrote:

basenji529 wrote:

Explanation:

αννελιον - message

Yeah, it works for me.

I would suggest "Fallen" but that was a movie with Denzel fighting (of all demons) Yellow Eyes himself. I kid you not, same demon although their version doesn't have yellow eyes and can only pass from one body to another by touch.

I would also suggest "Broken Wings" but that song is just NOT in the tone of "Supernautal" and likely not this show either so nevermind.

Ah, I remember that film. I saw the commercial for it, and once I saw Azazel written on some surface, I decided to watch it. Even the personality of this Azazel was a bit similar to SPN one: you know, cynical, witty, but he was also more Trickster-like.

A fine film.
    Yeah, wonder sometimes if Kripke saw it too.

He must have, I suppose. It's his genre after all. I dare to say that even though it's a fine film, some episodes, and the whole story of SPN is much better. And I also like SPN Azazel better than the Fallen one.
    Well, hard to judge a tv show vs a movie (unless one is based on the other). They certainly have their common elements and their original elements. I would say I like them both about the same.

basenji529

[126]May 18, 2011
    • level: 15

Atonement might work, but it gets close to spoiler territory. The Messenger, however, has this image of a messenger without a message. Which is where the angels are without God.

(By the way, if anyone's interested, that use of angel in Greek also applies to the old testament; malakh also means messenger.)

Hey, I actually wrote a sentai parody once and one of the villains (The Starscream, in fact.) was an angel named Malakh (who first appears when he delivers a message to year one's Big Bad, whom he overthrew later) who sent monsters with angel-themed names.

Light Is Not Good in extreme.

libra113

[127]May 18, 2011
    I could go for either ame really.