Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Official Discussion Thread: The Slice Girls (possible spoilers)

tvaddict_14

[21]Feb 7, 2012
    • level: 10
    The dialogue in this episode was hilarious. It was a very pleasing filler.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kepa55

[22]Feb 7, 2012
    • level: 8

Good episode; and for some reason it felt like watching Buffy. Not just because Harry Groener, but overall the writing and the feeling of this episode was somehow different from many of the previous ones. But with just nine (?) episodes to go this season, I think it's time get into the heavy stuff soon.

WeberWoman

[23]Feb 9, 2012
    • level: 2

kepa55 wrote:

Good episode; and for some reason it felt like watching Buffy. Not just because Harry Groener, but overall the writing and the feeling of this episode was somehow different from many of the previous ones. But with just nine (?) episodes to go this season, I think it's time get into the heavy stuff soon.

I completely agree. "Buffy" it definitely felt and we need to get to the harder stuff.

JoshSutton

[24]Feb 9, 2012
    • level: 15
    I really enjoyed this one! Loved the sex/death scene felt like classic supernatural, this season has been a big step up from last year too imo.

smegmag

[25]Feb 10, 2012
    • level: 4
    I did like the sex/death juxtaposition scene and the top of episode death scene (especially the guy's foot fetish painting--nice touch)

I did not like the MOW --Amazons. It was just poorly conceived and written. Apparently every two years since time immemorial there has been a rash of sex related murders where the young successful alpha males have their hands and feet hacked off and the same occult symbol carved into their chests and no one's raised an alarm. Also poorly written thinly veiled Amazon detective. What local detective with four (rich, white, male) hacked up, carved up bodies, tells the FBI to "wrap it up, I have other cases"--what the Hell kinda city is Seattle anyways!!! Sam would have picked up on this in a heartbeat, Sam also would not have needed Coroner guy (liked him) to pick up the other "cold" cases connection--he could and would have GOOGLED it--for godsakes it was rashes of ritualistic identical mutilation murders two years a part in major cities. Also cases of ritual mutilation murders of young white successful people don't go COLD in two years!!! Artistic license is one thing, but this in my opinion was just sloppy, bad writing and no amount of cute one liners can cover it. Here's hoping for better. Btw it may be my fading memory, but I always thought Buffy was better than this--I'll have to breakout the DVD's.

libra113

[26]Feb 10, 2012
    • level: 27
    smegmag wrote:
    I did like the sex/death juxtaposition scene and the top of episode death scene (especially the guy's foot fetish painting--nice touch)

I did not like the MOW --Amazons. It was just poorly conceived and written. Apparently every two years since time immemorial there has been a rash of sex related murders where the young successful alpha males have their hands and feet hacked off and the same occult symbol carved into their chests and no one's raised an alarm. Also poorly written thinly veiled Amazon detective. What local detective with four (rich, white, male) hacked up, carved up bodies, tells the FBI to "wrap it up, I have other cases"--what the Hell kinda city is Seattle anyways!!! Sam would have picked up on this in a heartbeat, Sam also would not have needed Coroner guy (liked him) to pick up the other "cold" cases connection--he could and would have GOOGLED it--for godsakes it was rashes of ritualistic identical mutilation murders two years a part in major cities. Also cases of ritual mutilation murders of young white successful people don't go COLD in two years!!! Artistic license is one thing, but this in my opinion was just sloppy, bad writing and no amount of cute one liners can cover it. Here's hoping for better. Btw it may be my fading memory, but I always thought Buffy was better than this--I'll have to breakout the DVD's.
    Oh I don't know since they travel around and police in diffrent cities tend to not share information so freely. Also, unless word was leaked to a tabloid or something I doubt the police where making information on these killings available to the public. I could see maybe a crazy website filled with nutjob oddities like that but I don't think it would be such common knowledge as you make it out to be. Also, that doesn't take into consideration effort to cover their tracks and having agents in place to destroy evidence and plant misleading information.

One thing I would say is it's too bad they couldn't afford a cameo by Linda Carter but that might have made it a bit too obvious.

smegmag

[27]Feb 11, 2012

libra113 wrote:
    smegmag wrote:
    I did like the sex/death juxtaposition scene and the top of episode death scene (especially the guy's foot fetish painting--nice touch) I did not like the MOW --Amazons. It was just poorly conceived and written. Apparently every two years since time immemorial there has been a rash of sex related murders where the young successful alpha males have their hands and feet hacked off and the same occult symbol carved into their chests and no one's raised an alarm. Also poorly written thinly veiled Amazon detective. What local detective with four (rich, white, male) hacked up, carved up bodies, tells the FBI to "wrap it up, I have other cases"--what the Hell kinda city is Seattle anyways!!! Sam would have picked up on this in a heartbeat, Sam also would not have needed Coroner guy (liked him) to pick up the other "cold" cases connection--he could and would have GOOGLED it--for godsakes it was rashes of ritualistic identical mutilation murders two years a part in major cities. Also cases of ritual mutilation murders of young white successful people don't go COLD in two years!!! Artistic license is one thing, but this in my opinion was just sloppy, bad writing and no amount of cute one liners can cover it. Here's hoping for better. Btw it may be my fading memory, but I always thought Buffy was better than this--I'll have to breakout the DVD's.
    Oh I don't know since they travel around and police in diffrent cities tend to not share information so freely. Also, unless word was leaked to a tabloid or something I doubt the police where making information on these killings available to the public. I could see maybe a crazy website filled with nutjob oddities like that but I don't think it would be such common knowledge as you make it out to be. Also, that doesn't take into consideration effort to cover their tracks and having agents in place to destroy evidence and plant misleading information. One thing I would say is it's too bad they couldn't afford a cameo by Linda Carter but that might have made it a bit too obvious.
    Actually the information is readily available or would be. Interpol has an excellent police info system and has had for years. The American system is more decentralized at least until the last few decades, but we are talking about major cities (Seattle, Chicago, Miami) and major crimes. Non public crime details are exactly what is shared in these databases--like the database Sherrif Mills used in "Time after Time" all she entered was a keyword search "Fedora, Man Suit". Also sharing has become more and more wide spread even in smaller jurisdictions--the feds use a carrot and stick approach--they offer grants to set up data base access and input and punish lack of cooperation with loss of federal funding. So even if this was info that was held back it would still be readily available. However, this is not the kind of info that could be held back because its too obvious and too sensational. Tons of cops, csi's traipse through these crime scenes (and trust me cops love to gossip). In addition you have neighbors, bystanders, reporters, family, friends, coroners, morticians, etc. Sure they might be able to hold back a body was missing an organ, but both arms and legs--not in this day and age. Sorry the writing was lame.

smegmag

[28]Feb 11, 2012
    Sorry, my bad, I meant to say "missing both hands and feet" not "arms and legs"

libra113

[29]Feb 11, 2012

smegmag wrote:

libra113 wrote:
    smegmag wrote:
    I did like the sex/death juxtaposition scene and the top of episode death scene (especially the guy's foot fetish painting--nice touch) I did not like the MOW --Amazons. It was just poorly conceived and written. Apparently every two years since time immemorial there has been a rash of sex related murders where the young successful alpha males have their hands and feet hacked off and the same occult symbol carved into their chests and no one's raised an alarm. Also poorly written thinly veiled Amazon detective. What local detective with four (rich, white, male) hacked up, carved up bodies, tells the FBI to "wrap it up, I have other cases"--what the Hell kinda city is Seattle anyways!!! Sam would have picked up on this in a heartbeat, Sam also would not have needed Coroner guy (liked him) to pick up the other "cold" cases connection--he could and would have GOOGLED it--for godsakes it was rashes of ritualistic identical mutilation murders two years a part in major cities. Also cases of ritual mutilation murders of young white successful people don't go COLD in two years!!! Artistic license is one thing, but this in my opinion was just sloppy, bad writing and no amount of cute one liners can cover it. Here's hoping for better. Btw it may be my fading memory, but I always thought Buffy was better than this--I'll have to breakout the DVD's.
    Oh I don't know since they travel around and police in diffrent cities tend to not share information so freely. Also, unless word was leaked to a tabloid or something I doubt the police where making information on these killings available to the public. I could see maybe a crazy website filled with nutjob oddities like that but I don't think it would be such common knowledge as you make it out to be. Also, that doesn't take into consideration effort to cover their tracks and having agents in place to destroy evidence and plant misleading information. One thing I would say is it's too bad they couldn't afford a cameo by Linda Carter but that might have made it a bit too obvious.
    Actually the information is readily available or would be. Interpol has an excellent police info system and has had for years. The American system is more decentralized at least until the last few decades, but we are talking about major cities (Seattle, Chicago, Miami) and major crimes. Non public crime details are exactly what is shared in these databases--like the database Sherrif Mills used in "Time after Time" all she entered was a keyword search "Fedora, Man Suit". Also sharing has become more and more wide spread even in smaller jurisdictions--the feds use a carrot and stick approach--they offer grants to set up data base access and input and punish lack of cooperation with loss of federal funding. So even if this was info that was held back it would still be readily available. However, this is not the kind of info that could be held back because its too obvious and too sensational. Tons of cops, csi's traipse through these crime scenes (and trust me cops love to gossip). In addition you have neighbors, bystanders, reporters, family, friends, coroners, morticians, etc. Sure they might be able to hold back a body was missing an organ, but both arms and legs--not in this day and age. Sorry the writing was lame.

You're also forgetting that the family might use whatever wealth and influence they have to try and keep it on the qt and avoid a family scandel. In any case if you buy that this is a world where vampires can run around feeding on people, werewolves can rip people apart and it not raise some eyebrows then yeah Amazons can commit ritual murder and skate on by. Non-hunters in this world are just toatlly clueless and don't put things together too well. What else is new?

danharr

[30]Feb 16, 2012
    • level: 45

Good episode I'm starting to tire of the emotional roller coaster but it was a good point of conflict what's good for the goose etc Dean mr kill all monsters and we know Bobby is coming back so best to just hope it's not done too horribly. Dragged from heave yes a ghost despite body being burned better not be.

OdumC

[31]Apr 22, 2012
    OdumC wrote:
    I wonder if it's some DNA on that flask keeping him around. (if they go that route, kind of hoping they don't)
    Nailed it... way back then

libra113

[32]Apr 23, 2012

OdumC wrote:
    OdumC wrote:
    I wonder if it's some DNA on that flask keeping him around. (if they go that route, kind of hoping they don't)
    Nailed it... way back then
    Not a hard call to make since it's about the only personal possession of his they have and he's not too likely to be bound by one of his books (unless he got a paper cut and bled on a page or licked his finger to turn a page or something).

They are going to need to handle all of this very carefully because it could very easily go wrong and turn into an awful idea. Still, they have a long history of taking what sounds like a bad idea and making it work so there's that...

OdumC

[33]Apr 23, 2012
    Yeah except Jim Beaver went so far as to Hoax a Syfy movie about the Abominable Snowman via twitter and facebook for a couple months saying he moved on to other projects, And had a new series on the way.. then next thing I know (cause I quit watching the show) he's posting "heh heh" on a ink to the hoax being exposed so I had to catch back up...

Sneaky Bastidge....

libra113

[34]Apr 23, 2012

OdumC wrote:
    Yeah except Jim Beaver went so far as to Hoax a Syfy movie about the Abominable Snowman via twitter and facebook for a couple months saying he moved on to other projects, And had a new series on the way.. then next thing I know (cause I quit watching the show) he's posting "heh heh" on a ink to the hoax being exposed so I had to catch back up... Sneaky Bastidge....
    Valuablelesson here: always ignore twitter and never stop watching "Supernatural".

OdumC

[35]Apr 25, 2012
    Besides, everythings pretty obvious in hindsight

libra113

[36]Apr 25, 2012

OdumC wrote:
    Besides, everythings pretty obvious in hindsight
    Well, the way they were focusing on that flask it was kinda hard to miss.

OdumC

[37]Apr 25, 2012
    Odd.. surprising no one else said anything about it then.

libra113

[38]Apr 25, 2012

OdumC wrote:
    Odd.. surprising no one else said anything about it then.
    I could have sworn a bunch of us were talking about it for awhile, at least since Dean's beer got drunk somehow.