Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Official Discussion Thread: There Will Be Blood (possible spoilers)

  • Avatar of Gislef

    Gislef

    [1]May 10, 2012
    • member since: 04/22/05
    • level: 100
    • rank: Master of the Universe
    • posts: 23,872


    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 5/11/12 episode "There Will Be Blood" to this thread.

    Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Hildetorr

    Hildetorr

    [2]May 11, 2012
    • member since: 12/18/04
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 86

    Promo looks good.



    Crowley will almost certainly give up his blood to the Winchesters without much of a fuss after his encounter with Dick since he probably wants to see the Leviathans killed just as much as the Winchesters do now. Will be interesting to see how they get the Alpha Vampires blood when the promo is clearly showing the Alpha Vampire has an alliance with the Leviathans.

    Edited on 05/11/2012 11:20am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of snakcz

    snakcz

    [3]May 11, 2012
    • member since: 06/30/03
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 23

    Alpha Vampire "See you next season." Guess we know who the big bad is in season 8.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of supernaturalFTW

    supernaturalFTW

    [4]May 11, 2012
    • member since: 12/14/09
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 21
    eh I was hyped about this episode after such a good one last week but this did not do it for me. It was OK but the leviathans still hasn't done ANYTHING scary. Dick is more comedy relief than a villian. His interrogation techniques against Kevin was almost un-villian-like. "Hey ill get you into ur fav college if you do this for me." then he LET THEM BOTH GO!? I hope they at least cloned his mother.

    Leviathans are simply making enemies with everyone they run into, and I frankly don't think they got the muscle to deal with all of them. Not only did they piss off the demons but now even monsters? and now the only intimidating leviathan got his head cut off. I'm going to be disappointed if Dick dies next episode but I really can't see where they would go with the Leviathan plot if they don't kill Dick.

    Oh and judging by that Crowley made it to next week's promo, he survived his encounter with Dick. Dick knows Crowley's blood can make a weapon that can kill him and he lets yet another enemy walk away?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vampman87

    vampman87

    [5]May 11, 2012
    • member since: 04/22/12
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 38
    Great to see Edgar finally showing off just how strong he is, fighting off the Alpha Vamp, a guy who took out a whole group of hunters last season when he wasn't even at 100%. Shame they beheaded him. Still, a nice send-off to the only SCARY Leviathan.

    Dick, ohhhhh, dick... really chewing the scenery this episode. I couldn't stop laughing at the opening interview. He's not even hiding the fact that he's planning on eating the human race.

    It was a nice move buying the corn syrup plant and tainting everything with the Turducken sludge. The Leviathans have proven to be more efficient than even Lucifer and his cronies. Overall, this has proven to be a pretty good episode. It's way better than last season's penultimate episode, and has really raised the stakes. I'm looking forward to actually seeing if the combined forces of the Winchesters, Crowley, Meg, Bobby, and Castiel can actually bring down the Leviathan threat once and for all. I'm betting that they'll kill Dick, but will that be the end of it? Will killing the leader wipe out the entire threat, since there are HUNDREDS of Leviathans scattered out in America now.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [6]May 11, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385

    supernaturalFTW wrote:
    eh I was hyped about this episode after such a good one last week but this did not do it for me. It was OK but the leviathans still hasn't done ANYTHING scary. Dick is more comedy relief than a villian. His interrogation techniques against Kevin was almost un-villian-like. "Hey ill get you into ur fav college if you do this for me." then he LET THEM BOTH GO!? I hope they at least cloned his mother. Leviathans are simply making enemies with everyone they run into, and I frankly don't think they got the muscle to deal with all of them. Not only did they piss off the demons but now even monsters? and now the only intimidating leviathan got his head cut off. I'm going to be disappointed if Dick dies next episode but I really can't see where they would go with the Leviathan plot if they don't kill Dick. Oh and judging by that Crowley made it to next week's promo, he survived his encounter with Dick. Dick knows Crowley's blood can make a weapon that can kill him and he lets yet another enemy walk away?
    What you're failing to get is that Dick isn't the same kind of villain as the others we've seen. He's not the overt violence and kill everyone in sight just because he's evil and he can type villain.


    Dick the slow, calculating, under the table type evil who would rather get what he wants the easist and most direct way possible rather the standard villain thing of threating to kill them or having a goon work them over or whatever.


    Dick is 1980'scorporateraider LexLutherrather the previous version that built giant robots and wore purple and green power armor to pound the snot out of Superman with his own hands. Like the 80'sLutherhe lets his underlings do his dirty work and keeps hid distance so he can seem as if he's good and has nothing to do with all the bad going on. I suspect he likes it that way and that he got where he did not by being classically evil but by being smart andcalculatingandmanipulative.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mynameisjohnas

    mynameisjohnas

    [7]May 11, 2012
    • member since: 05/02/08
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 121

    I enjoyed the episode. Not the greatest I've ever seen, but it had its moments and the showdown between Edger and the alpha vamp was great. I'm glad they didn't make Edger stronger, but instead seemed to hint that both were fairly evenly matched. His comment about the alpha vamp just being a mutt was interesting as well. Gonna miss Edger since, like everyone has pretty much noted, he was the only intimidating leviathan to date.


    On another note, I'll have to concede that despite the fact that I still think the brothers are wrong about there being no ghosts who have retained their humanity (Leticia Gore and their mom being two examples) their original concerns about Bobby do seem to be coming to bear some fairly rotten fruit. Too bad. It's the whole "good intentions" subject all over again.


    On the subject of Crowley being the leader of fallen humanity I have a thought. Everyone seems to be assuming that Crowley is the key here. Yet, the text that this quote comes from was written when Lucifer was, or at least eventually was going to become (if we assume God created Lucifer knowing he would eventually rebel) the king of Hell. Crowley only took Lucifer's place in Hell; he is not, however, the actual leader of fallen humanity- he's just filling a vacant position. As such, what if it's not Crowley's blood the brothers need, but instead Lucifer's?


    Anyways, food for thought.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lachlan_j_g

    lachlan_j_g

    [8]May 11, 2012
    • member since: 03/24/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 250

    mynameisjohnas wrote:


    I enjoyed the episode. Not the greatest I've ever seen, but it had its moments and the showdown between Edger and the alpha vamp was great. I'm glad they didn't make Edger stronger, but instead seemed to hint that both were fairly evenly matched. His comment about the alpha vamp just being a mutt was interesting as well. Gonna miss Edger since, like everyone has pretty much noted, he was the only intimidating leviathan to date.


    On another note, I'll have to concede that despite the fact that I still think the brothers are wrong about there being no ghosts who have retained their humanity (Leticia Gore and their mom being two examples) their original concerns about Bobby do seem to be coming to bear some fairly rotten fruit. Too bad. It's the whole "good intentions" subject all over again.


    On the subject of Crowley being the leader of fallen humanity I have a thought. Everyone seems to be assuming that Crowley is the key here. Yet, the text that this quote comes from was written when Lucifer was, or at least eventually was going to become (if we assume God created Lucifer knowing he would eventually rebel) the king of Hell. Crowley only took Lucifer's place in Hell; he is not, however, the actual leader of fallen humanity- he's just filling a vacant position. As such, what if it's not Crowley's blood the brothers need, but instead Lucifer's?


    Anyways, food for thought.



    technically Lucifer was still an angel, so he wouldn't be the king of fallen humanity because angels weren't human. demons, on the other hand, were once human

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Tyrathius

    Tyrathius

    [9]May 12, 2012
    • member since: 09/27/11
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 90

    Well, this was one of the better episodes this season. I'm still not very fond of the leviathans, they were awesome in their first couple episodes and then took a swandive into cartoon villainy shortly afterward. Their plan still doesn't seem very threatening to me. Great, you drug up all the humans so you can eat them and they won't do anything about it. What happens when you run out? 7 billion may seem like a lot, but if they're too lazy to so much as get up around I can't imagine they're going to keep reproducing.


    I'm also having trouble understanding why Alpha Vampire was able to put up a decent fight against Edgar when two angels couldn't, when Castiel, a single angel, smote an entire warehouse full of monsters (including several alphas) last season. I'm not sure if the writers are having trouble deciding how powerful leviathans should be or if they just didn't consider the ramifications of Edgar killing those two last week.


    I did like the vampire plot here. Kind of sad that the Alpha Vampire managed to make a more convincing truce with the Winchesters in a single scene than Meg has in several episodes worth of trying. I don't think he'll be the big bad next season, but I think he will become a recurring threat a la Crowley in seasons 6 and 7.


    Somehow I don't think Crowley is as trapped as the end of the episode made him out to be. When Bobby tried to bind him in WAB, he merely sent a hellhound on him and forced him to release him. While a hellhound might not be that effective against a leviathan, I doubt Crowley is stupid enough to port into an enemy's lair without some means of getting out. Then again, I do tend to give Crowley more credit than the leviathans, but he appears to be free again next episode, and letting him go is just about the most stupid thing the leviathans could have done.


    The leviathan/Eve connection was brought up, but went nowhere. They basically said what we already knew. Shes like a leviathan except she's not. I think they could have done a bit more with that.


    Ghost Bobby is progressing rather quickly. Most ghosts have years, even decades or centuries, of being dead to become as powerful as they are, and Bobby's gone from barely able to move things to possessing people (one of the rarest powers for ghosts) in a couple of months. While I can understand their desire to wrap this up -Ghost Bobby is a season 7 plot, he'll likely either be killed for good or brought back to life at the end of this season or beginning of the next- it is a bit jarring.


    Overall I thought this was a decent episode. I always thought there was a whole lot more than could be done with the alphas in season 6, if they hadn't also been trying to juggle around Castiel and Crowley and Raphael and Eve and Lisa and Ben and Grandpa and whatnot at the same time. I hope it's something we get to see more of in season 8, though not necessarily as the main threat.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dpebbleson

    dpebbleson

    [10]May 12, 2012
    • member since: 11/06/09
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 5,644
    I liked the episode very much. So it did turn out that Eve was a Leviathan herself, though not very respectable one, obviously

    I agree with a poster above that Crowley will find some way to get out of the Leviathan lair, he's very resourceful.

    Like Sam and Dean, I'm very curious to find out what happens if they manage to kill Dick. "Kill the head, and the body will flounder", but they didn't seem so sure about that.

    "See you next season". We might indeed see him next season, but then again, maybe not, maybe it's a detraction.

    I think we'll be witnessing strange alliances next week, what with angels + Meg + Crowley + Bobby + Sam & Dean uniting against the common threat.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lachlan_j_g

    lachlan_j_g

    [11]May 12, 2012
    • member since: 03/24/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 250

    Tyrathius wrote:


    I'm also having trouble understanding why Alpha Vampire was able to put up a decent fight against Edgar when two angels couldn't, when Castiel, a single angel, smote an entire warehouse full of monsters (including several alphas) last season. I'm not sure if the writers are having trouble deciding how powerful leviathans should be or if they just didn't consider the ramifications of Edgar killing those two last week.


    I did like the vampire plot here. Kind of sad that the Alpha Vampire managed to make a more convincing truce with the Winchesters in a single scene than Meg has in several episodes worth of trying. I don't think he'll be the big bad next season, but I think he will become a recurring threat a la Crowley in seasons 6 and 7.


    Somehow I don't think Crowley is as trapped as the end of the episode made him out to be. When Bobby tried to bind him in WAB, he merely sent a hellhound on him and forced him to release him. While a hellhound might not be that effective against a leviathan, I doubt Crowley is stupid enough to port into an enemy's lair without some means of getting out. Then again, I do tend to give Crowley more credit than the leviathans, but he appears to be free again next episode, and letting him go is just about the most stupid thing the leviathans could have done.



    the difference between the angels vs leviathan and alpha vamp vs leviathan fights was that the alpha vamp was prepared for them, had borax in the wine cooler. Sam and Dean also intervened, which helped. the alpha vamp would have been annihilated were it not for those things.


    as for a 'truce' I wouldn't call it that. the alpha vamp had something they needed, they helped him with his leviathan problem and he gave them his blood. Meg has been trying to get them to help her with Crowley but they have been trying to stop Dick (who, yes isn't a super threatening villian but is a cold, calculating one) so they haven't had a problem with Crowley yet. I'm sure if it ever comes to a head, they will have her help in taking down Crowley


    I wouldn't mind seeing a Levi-Hellhound fight - I wonder if they can see them? if they can, then it would be a no brainer but if they can't it could get interesting. as for the population problem, I'm sure if they could cure all sorts of cancers and grow stem cells for stem cell research then the possibility of having a human 'crop' might not be out of the question.


    I think it's a bit of a cop-out that if they kill Dick then they kill every leviathan out there, but I don't see how else it could be done. as for the corn syrup, that screams 'Croatoan' to me - but it's already out there, how would they reverse it?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gatoraderising

    gatoraderising

    [12]May 12, 2012
    • member since: 02/23/11
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 431
    [QUOTE="mynameisjohnas"]

    I enjoyed the episode. Not the greatest I've ever seen, but it had its moments and the showdown between Edger and the alpha vamp was great. I'm glad they didn't make Edger stronger, but instead seemed to hint that both were fairly evenly matched. His comment about the alpha vamp just being a mutt was interesting as well. Gonna miss Edger since, like everyone has pretty much noted, he was the only intimidating leviathan to date.


    On another note, I'll have to concede that despite the fact that I still think the brothers are wrong about there being no ghosts who have retained their humanity (Leticia Gore and their mom being two examples) their original concerns about Bobby do seem to be coming to bear some fairly rotten fruit. Too bad. It's the whole "good intentions" subject all over again.


    On the subject of Crowley being the leader of fallen humanity I have a thought. Everyone seems to be assuming that Crowley is the key here. Yet, the text that this quote comes from was written when Lucifer was, or at least eventually was going to become (if we assume God created Lucifer knowing he would eventually rebel) the king of Hell. Crowley only took Lucifer's place in Hell; he is not, however, the actual leader of fallen humanity- he's just filling a vacant position. As such, what if it's not Crowley's blood the brothers need, but instead Lucifer's?


    Anyways, food for thought.


    [/QUOTE

    Lucifer was never King of Hell, in "Supernatural" Lucifer doesnt rule Hell he's trap in a cage there. Lucifer would fit into the fallen angel part of the text but the boys have Cas for that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of WCSU1987

    WCSU1987

    [13]May 12, 2012
    • member since: 04/19/10
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 82

    Decent episode, but felt some information was rushed. You learned about the creation of alphas, they asked the question will taking Dick down take all the Lev.'s down, there strength compared to the mother, and the the Lev.'s plans. I think the Lev.'s characters are not for making enemies they just want the world for themselves. However, they want humans for themselves and now cannot stay under the radar. I was wondering what if they run out of humans for there big plan. Guess you grow them or something.

    Edited on 05/12/2012 6:42am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gatoraderising

    gatoraderising

    [14]May 12, 2012
    • member since: 02/23/11
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 431
    supernaturalFTW wrote:
    eh I was hyped about this episode after such a good one last week but this did not do it for me. It was OK but the leviathans still hasn't done ANYTHING scary. Dick is more comedy relief than a villian. His interrogation techniques against Kevin was almost un-villian-like. "Hey ill get you into ur fav college if you do this for me." then he LET THEM BOTH GO!? I hope they at least cloned his mother.

    Leviathans are simply making enemies with everyone they run into, and I frankly don't think they got the muscle to deal with all of them. Not only did they piss off the demons but now even monsters? and now the only intimidating leviathan got his head cut off. I'm going to be disappointed if Dick dies next episode but I really can't see where they would go with the Leviathan plot if they don't kill Dick.

    Oh and judging by that Crowley made it to next week's promo, he survived his encounter with Dick. Dick knows Crowley's blood can make a weapon that can kill him and he lets yet another enemy walk away?


    Dick really had no reason to kill Kevin. Dick got what he wanted from him so why not let Kevin leave and go eat some corn syrup Or there's always the chance that Dick didnt kill him because he doesnt know what Gods reaction would be to killing one of his prophets.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [15]May 12, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385

    mynameisjohnas wrote:


    I enjoyed the episode. Not the greatest I've ever seen, but it had its moments and the showdown between Edger and the alpha vamp was great. I'm glad they didn't make Edger stronger, but instead seemed to hint that both were fairly evenly matched. His comment about the alpha vamp just being a mutt was interesting as well. Gonna miss Edger since, like everyone has pretty much noted, he was the only intimidating leviathan to date.


    On another note, I'll have to concede that despite the fact that I still think the brothers are wrong about there being no ghosts who have retained their humanity (Leticia Gore and their mom being two examples) their original concerns about Bobby do seem to be coming to bear some fairly rotten fruit. Too bad. It's the whole "good intentions" subject all over again.


    On the subject of Crowley being the leader of fallen humanity I have a thought. Everyone seems to be assuming that Crowley is the key here. Yet, the text that this quote comes from was written when Lucifer was, or at least eventually was going to become (if we assume God created Lucifer knowing he would eventually rebel) the king of Hell. Crowley only took Lucifer's place in Hell; he is not, however, the actual leader of fallen humanity- he's just filling a vacant position. As such, what if it's not Crowley's blood the brothers need, but instead Lucifer's?


    Anyways, food for thought.



    I don't know how much humanity Gore had given her methods as a ghost. She might have had good intentions in trying to keep the kid ghosts in check but she didn't really have a lot of good to her in her methods. As for Mary all she did was hang around in that house. There's no evidence that she haunted it or interacted (or even tried to interact) with people in the house. That's kinda the key. The more a ghost uses their powers, the more emotional they get (especiallynegativeemotions like anger) the faster they backslide. Still, as that one ghost told Bobby the time scale isdifferentfor everyone and judging by Bobby's recent actions he's speeding up the process a great deal.


    As for the Lucifer thing, Lucifer wasn't the king of Hell, he was their version of God. Thequoterefers to whoever is the current king (or queen) of Hell at any given time.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [16]May 12, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385

    Tyrathius wrote:


    Well, this was one of the better episodes this season. I'm still not very fond of the leviathans, they were awesome in their first couple episodes and then took a swandive into cartoon villainy shortly afterward. Their plan still doesn't seem very threatening to me. Great, you drug up all the humans so you can eat them and they won't do anything about it. What happens when you run out? 7 billion may seem like a lot, but if they're too lazy to so much as get up around I can't imagine they're going to keep reproducing.


    I'm also having trouble understanding why Alpha Vampire was able to put up a decent fight against Edgar when two angels couldn't, when Castiel, a single angel, smote an entire warehouse full of monsters (including several alphas) last season. I'm not sure if the writers are having trouble deciding how powerful leviathans should be or if they just didn't consider the ramifications of Edgar killing those two last week.


    I did like the vampire plot here. Kind of sad that the Alpha Vampire managed to make a more convincing truce with the Winchesters in a single scene than Meg has in several episodes worth of trying. I don't think he'll be the big bad next season, but I think he will become a recurring threat a la Crowley in seasons 6 and 7.


    Somehow I don't think Crowley is as trapped as the end of the episode made him out to be. When Bobby tried to bind him in WAB, he merely sent a hellhound on him and forced him to release him. While a hellhound might not be that effective against a leviathan, I doubt Crowley is stupid enough to port into an enemy's lair without some means of getting out. Then again, I do tend to give Crowley more credit than the leviathans, but he appears to be free again next episode, and letting him go is just about the most stupid thing the leviathans could have done.


    The leviathan/Eve connection was brought up, but went nowhere. They basically said what we already knew. Shes like a leviathan except she's not. I think they could have done a bit more with that.


    Ghost Bobby is progressing rather quickly. Most ghosts have years, even decades or centuries, of being dead to become as powerful as they are, and Bobby's gone from barely able to move things to possessing people (one of the rarest powers for ghosts) in a couple of months. While I can understand their desire to wrap this up -Ghost Bobby is a season 7 plot, he'll likely either be killed for good or brought back to life at the end of this season or beginning of the next- it is a bit jarring.


    Overall I thought this was a decent episode. I always thought there was a whole lot more than could be done with the alphas in season 6, if they hadn't also been trying to juggle around Castiel and Crowley and Raphael and Eve and Lisa and Ben and Grandpa and whatnot at the same time. I hope it's something we get to see more of in season 8, though not necessarily as the main threat.


    Did it every occur to you that not all angels, Leviathan, Alphas, etc... are not created equally? Surely someindividualsof any given creature type are more (or less) powerful than others. They can't all be exactly equal and some overlap is bound toexists.


    As for Bobby his anger and his other emotions are pushing in down the path much faster. Does no one remember that one ghost telling him that the time scale varies greatly from one ghost to another? Seems everyone has somehow forgotten that.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [17]May 12, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385

    dpebbleson wrote:
    I liked the episode very much. So it did turn out that Eve was a Leviathan herself, though not very respectable one, obviously I agree with a poster above that Crowley will find some way to get out of the Leviathan lair, he's very resourceful. Like Sam and Dean, I'm very curious to find out what happens if they manage to kill Dick. "Kill the head, and the body will flounder", but they didn't seem so sure about that. "See you next season". We might indeed see him next season, but then again, maybe not, maybe it's a detraction. I think we'll be witnessing strange alliances next week, what with angels + Meg + Crowley + Bobby + Sam & Dean uniting against the common threat.
    I want to know where they're going to get the human bone. Especiallyif the person has to be as good as theLeviathanare evil. Pretty much everyone we've seen even close to that have already died and been burned. Which means they're either going to have to find a good person and kill them or at least maim them to get a bone.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of supernaturalFTW

    supernaturalFTW

    [18]May 12, 2012
    • member since: 12/14/09
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 21

    gatoraderising wrote:
    supernaturalFTW wrote:
    eh I was hyped about this episode after such a good one last week but this did not do it for me. It was OK but the leviathans still hasn't done ANYTHING scary. Dick is more comedy relief than a villian. His interrogation techniques against Kevin was almost un-villian-like. "Hey ill get you into ur fav college if you do this for me." then he LET THEM BOTH GO!? I hope they at least cloned his mother. Leviathans are simply making enemies with everyone they run into, and I frankly don't think they got the muscle to deal with all of them. Not only did they piss off the demons but now even monsters? and now the only intimidating leviathan got his head cut off. I'm going to be disappointed if Dick dies next episode but I really can't see where they would go with the Leviathan plot if they don't kill Dick. Oh and judging by that Crowley made it to next week's promo, he survived his encounter with Dick. Dick knows Crowley's blood can make a weapon that can kill him and he lets yet another enemy walk away?
    Dick really had no reason to kill Kevin. Dick got what he wanted from him so why not let Kevin leave and go eat some corn syrup Or there's always the chance that Dick didnt kill him because he doesnt know what Gods reaction would be to killing one of his prophets.


    I wasnt recommending for Dick to kill Kevin but letting him go? Angels could easily just teleport in grab him and teleport out.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [19]May 12, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385

    lachlan_j_g wrote:


    Tyrathius wrote:


    I'm also having trouble understanding why Alpha Vampire was able to put up a decent fight against Edgar when two angels couldn't, when Castiel, a single angel, smote an entire warehouse full of monsters (including several alphas) last season. I'm not sure if the writers are having trouble deciding how powerful leviathans should be or if they just didn't consider the ramifications of Edgar killing those two last week.


    I did like the vampire plot here. Kind of sad that the Alpha Vampire managed to make a more convincing truce with the Winchesters in a single scene than Meg has in several episodes worth of trying. I don't think he'll be the big bad next season, but I think he will become a recurring threat a la Crowley in seasons 6 and 7.


    Somehow I don't think Crowley is as trapped as the end of the episode made him out to be. When Bobby tried to bind him in WAB, he merely sent a hellhound on him and forced him to release him. While a hellhound might not be that effective against a leviathan, I doubt Crowley is stupid enough to port into an enemy's lair without some means of getting out. Then again, I do tend to give Crowley more credit than the leviathans, but he appears to be free again next episode, and letting him go is just about the most stupid thing the leviathans could have done.



    the difference between the angels vs leviathan and alpha vamp vs leviathan fights was that the alpha vamp was prepared for them, had borax in the wine cooler. Sam and Dean also intervened, which helped. the alpha vamp would have been annihilated were it not for those things.


    as for a 'truce' I wouldn't call it that. the alpha vamp had something they needed, they helped him with his leviathan problem and he gave them his blood. Meg has been trying to get them to help her with Crowley but they have been trying to stop Dick (who, yes isn't a super threatening villian but is a cold, calculating one) so they haven't had a problem with Crowley yet. I'm sure if it ever comes to a head, they will have her help in taking down Crowley


    I wouldn't mind seeing a Levi-Hellhound fight - I wonder if they can see them? if they can, then it would be a no brainer but if they can't it could get interesting. as for the population problem, I'm sure if they could cure all sorts of cancers and grow stem cells for stem cell research then the possibility of having a human 'crop' might not be out of the question.


    I think it's a bit of a cop-out that if they kill Dick then they kill every leviathan out there, but I don't see how else it could be done. as for the corn syrup, that screams 'Croatoan' to me - but it's already out there, how would they reverse it?


    Well, at very least without Roman holding their leash the other Leviathans would probably go back to just attacking people at random and thinking only of the meal before them. That, in and of itself, would make the easier to track and if they can't figure out a way to deal with them (or if the new weapon is reusable and works on all of them equally) then it's simply a matter of seek and destroy (and if Sam and Dean have help from all the other creatures their plan effects it becomes even easier).


    As for corn syrup thing. I doubt whoever inherits Roman's fortune would he anotherLeviathanand likely wouldn't keep up his practices. Once they stop tainting the corn syrup at the source there won't be new doses and likely those already infected would recover without being doses again. It's also in the bestinterestof any creatures that feed on humans to make sure the stuff is out of circulation so, again, there's help there as well.


    Oh and the question aboutreproduction. There's probably another stage (once things are set up and rolling) that would give humans a drug to make them reproduce like bunnies. Either that or they will cull the best humans they can and take them to some kind of camp (probably made up to look like a singles resort or something) and use it toencouragemassreproduction. Barring that there's always fertility clinics andartificialinsemination, we have that now.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dpebbleson

    dpebbleson

    [20]May 12, 2012
    • member since: 11/06/09
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 5,644
    libra113 wrote:

    dpebbleson wrote:
    I liked the episode very much. So it did turn out that Eve was a Leviathan herself, though not very respectable one, obviously I agree with a poster above that Crowley will find some way to get out of the Leviathan lair, he's very resourceful. Like Sam and Dean, I'm very curious to find out what happens if they manage to kill Dick. "Kill the head, and the body will flounder", but they didn't seem so sure about that. "See you next season". We might indeed see him next season, but then again, maybe not, maybe it's a detraction. I think we'll be witnessing strange alliances next week, what with angels + Meg + Crowley + Bobby + Sam & Dean uniting against the common threat.
    I want to know where they're going to get the human bone. Especiallyif the person has to be as good as theLeviathanare evil. Pretty much everyone we've seen even close to that have already died and been burned. Which means they're either going to have to find a good person and kill them or at least maim them to get a bone.



    That was also my concern in the other (speculation) thread, but couldn't go on with discussion because tv.com stopped responding. One theory is that it could be Dean, because he is often described as the righteous man. I don't know who else - like you, I'm wondering, because everyone's either dead or burned...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.