Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Official Discussion Thread: Time After Time (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Jan 10, 2012
    • level: 101
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 1/13/12 episode "Time After Time " to this thread.

Enjoy!
    Edited on 01/13/2012 6:29pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

libra113

[2]Jan 10, 2012
    • level: 27
    Hope this means Cas is back

lachlan_j_g

[3]Jan 11, 2012
    • level: 11

well from the episode guide, it says the God of Time - interesting theory. but if the god of time sends Dean back, who brings him to the present?

libra113

[4]Jan 11, 2012
    lachlan_j_g wrote:

well from the episode guide, it says the God of Time - interesting theory. but if the god of time sends Dean back, who brings him to the present?

Um perhaps the god of time (btw which one? ) sends them back for a reason. Not all gods they meet have to be evil or out to kill them. Still hoping Cas gets back in the game and soon. Ironically, I'm watching "Exile on Main Street" right now on TNT and I'm reminded how much time they wasted getting Dean back into the game and getting rid of Lisa and Ben and hopefully they won't waste time getting back to Cas in the same way.

libra113

[5]Jan 13, 2012

Well, saw the epiosde. It was good but I was a bit disspointed that Cas didn't show up. Maybe another time.

loldude1

[6]Jan 13, 2012
    • level: 10
    I didn't catch what the last line Ness said to Dean was at the end of the episode. What did he say?

supering

[8]Jan 14, 2012
    • level: 20
    And again there was the Cas-lookalike (Ness' first scene).

libra113

[9]Jan 14, 2012

supering wrote:
    And again there was the Cas-lookalike (Ness' first scene).
    Yeah they keep doing that. What's up with that dang it?!

CrazyAsian1080

[10]Jan 14, 2012
    • level: 7

Overall a very good stand alone episode. It was fun to watch and had some pretty great moments

"Are all hunters in the future as sissy as you?"

That's almost as good as

"I'm actually awesome."

However, has anyone noticed that all you need to kill a god is sticking them through the heart with a sharp object, normally covered in something...

Chronos - Stick covered in blood

Christmas God - Stick from a pine tree

Trickster Demi-god - Stick covered in goat's blood I think

Osiris - Horn

Veritas - Knife covered in dog's blood

Edited on 01/14/2012 11:17pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Michale32086

[11]Jan 15, 2012
    • level: 6

Seems to me that the writers missed a really good opportunity to bring Bobby back..

Ezra was obviously a relative of Bobby's (she called Dean & Ness 'idjuts') and Dean could have used her to pass on a message down the line to Bobby...

Something along the lines of, "DUCK!"..

libra113

[12]Jan 15, 2012

CrazyAsian1080 wrote:

Overall a very good stand alone episode. It was fun to watch and had some pretty great moments

"Are all hunters in the future as sissy as you?"

That's almost as good as

"I'm actually awesome."

However, has anyone noticed that all you need to kill a god is sticking them through the heart with a sharp object, normally covered in something...

Chronos - Stick covered in blood

Christmas God - Stick from a pine tree

Trickster Demi-god - Stick covered in goat's blood I think

Osiris - Horn

Veritas - Knife covered in dog's blood

Well yeah but you can't make it too hard. In classic mythology it's always some special weapon or artifact but they can't exactly have them running all over the world looking for the Hammer of Thor or Zeus' thunderbolts or the Ageis or whatever and it would be silly if thoes things just happend to be hanging around somewhere so it has to be something pretty easy to get ahold of. That said the object is often somewhere difficult to get (the woman who gave Dean the item to kill Chronos said it was hard to get and that he and Ness both owed her big). It's just a matter of setting the bar high enough so they can't just kill them right away but low enough so it can't be done at all.

libra113

[13]Jan 15, 2012

Michale32086 wrote:

Seems to me that the writers missed a really good opportunity to bring Bobby back..

Ezra was obviously a relative of Bobby's (she called Dean & Ness 'idjuts') and Dean could have used her to pass on a message down the line to Bobby...

Something along the lines of, "DUCK!"..

It's not obvious she's an ancester of Bobby's. Just because two people have similar characteristics doens't make them related. She had a similar disposiiton but a realitve seems a bit of a stretch. Besides, Dean tried changing events before and it didn't work and he would need a LOT more than duck to work with. Now if they could have bound Chronus and made a deal that might have worked but they would have had to let him go in the end and more innoccent people would have died and that would have been massively out of character.

dpebbleson

[14]Jan 16, 2012
    • level: 23
    I was somewhat underwhelmed by this episode. I think they should switch to the Leviathan arc, as it's more interesting than stand-alones, which are kind of getting repetitious. I very much like the Leviathan story unravelling, especially the fact that we're still pretty much kept in the dark about their true intentions. They seem keen on ruling the world, but not destroying it.

That said, I liked Chronos saying that the future is full of black ooze.

libra113

[15]Jan 16, 2012

dpebbleson wrote:
    I was somewhat underwhelmed by this episode. I think they should switch to the Leviathan arc, as it's more interesting than stand-alones, which are kind of getting repetitious. I very much like the Leviathan story unravelling, especially the fact that we're still pretty much kept in the dark about their true intentions. They seem keen on ruling the world, but not destroying it. That said, I liked Chronos saying that the future is full of black ooze.
    Well, that's the old debate that's raged since season one. If they spent every episode of a whole season on any one story it would wear thin, but then some people want that. On the other hand if they did nothing but stand alones without an over reaching story that would be too random. I think most times they set the right balance but they're not going to please everyone all the time.

DegrassiFan619

[16]Jan 16, 2012
    I liked the ep, was pretty interesting. Felt like a complete filler until the last 2 minutes, though. (The whole "Your future is full of black ooze." thing.)

Looking forward to next weeks episode tho! Most of the CW previews are boring.. even if the episode turns out to be good. But the preview actually looked interesting.

writergirl06

[17]Jan 16, 2012

I must admit, even after this episode, I'm still very disappointed with the plot/writing of this season. This is my favorite show, been with it since day one, but this season is really testing my patience.

gamrgrl007

[18]Jan 16, 2012
    writergirl06 wrote:

I must admit, even after this episode, I'm still very disappointed with the plot/writing of this season. This is my favorite show, been with it since day one, but this season is really testing my patience.

Exactly. SAME for me. I mean, no major cribs with this particular episode, but there are far too many 'special eps' this season, it's actually now interfering with the main story and not allowing it to build up in intensity. Cas's death or Bobby's death or the Leviathans never had FULL WHAM IMPACT because these filler eps distract every time something remotely critical happens and then nothing for 2/3 eps except a couple of lines at the start or the end of the ep. We need to keep the foot on the gas, we're losing viewers HORRIBLY FAST. Though this ep was more than okay, it's apparently one of SPN's lowest rated eps ever (TVbythenumbers) and I'm really alarmed about that, coz the viewer loss isn't episode-based but overall series-based :-/

dpebbleson

[19]Jan 16, 2012
    • level: 23
    libra113 wrote:

dpebbleson wrote:
    I was somewhat underwhelmed by this episode. I think they should switch to the Leviathan arc, as it's more interesting than stand-alones, which are kind of getting repetitious. I very much like the Leviathan story unravelling, especially the fact that we're still pretty much kept in the dark about their true intentions. They seem keen on ruling the world, but not destroying it. That said, I liked Chronos saying that the future is full of black ooze.
    Well, that's the old debate that's raged since season one. If they spent every episode of a whole season on any one story it would wear thin, but then some people want that. On the other hand if they did nothing but stand alones without an over reaching story that would be too random. I think most times they set the right balance but they're not going to please everyone all the time.

Yeah, I guess they have to strike the balance, maybe it would help if they had more than one myth-arc per season, so they switch between them somehow.

This season is still definitely better than the patched up season five, but maybe after seven years, the standalones aren't as fresh as they used to be, and tbh, I wouldn't blame the writers so much, it's natural to run out of ideas after so many years. But still..

WickedNix

[20]Jan 16, 2012
    • level: 4

As I've already mentioned IMHO the series will end with Sam & Dean going out in a blaze andthe bad guys winning control of Earth. The black ooze reference in this eppy would tie it together nicely. But, knowing how the writers are always putting my knickers in a twist they would prolly just imply that evil wins the day.