Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Official Discussion Thread: Two and a Half Men (possible spoilers)

libra113

[61]Oct 4, 2010
    • level: 27
    cherry_brandy wrote:

Well congrats on your new addition Libs.

I personally don't recall anything in canon saying that Dean changed Sam's nappies and it has been mentioned on the show that Pastor Jim took care of them. It WAS when they were older but what's to say it didn't happen when they were much younger too.

Anyway, yes Sam is thoughtless and a big meanie blah blah blah but someone had to ask Tamara and Isaac that question in order to inform the viewer - like I said they use him for plot purposes. I doubt the writers thought: I know we'll make Sam look thoughtless by having him ask this question, it was probably more like: we'll have Sam ask the question so as to inform the viewer.

It's the viewer that forms those opinions about Sam and they don't necessarily have any foundation as far as the writers are concerned. People can invent or interpret stuff all they want but if it wasn't the writers intention then it's all baloney considering they write the show.

I was thinking he could have told them in order to convinve them why they should leave Dean out of the hunting. Sam basically tries to convince them that Dean deserves a normal life, they want to know why he's so special, Sam goes into a little more detail about hell to convince them/gets carried away maybe. Ahhh anyway...

Well I don't think it was mentioned exactly in the episodes but I KNOW the supporting material refrences that Dean took over care and feeding of Sam after Mary died and John went into a bit of a funk before getting it together and looking for clues (and then when he started his reserch as well). I also know the show itself heavily hinted as much. The comic had them moving in with a family but the show never mentions them. It's a bit confused and open to interpitation.

I, for one, never thought less of Sam for blundering into thoes situations. As you say someone HAD to do it, Bobby KNEW them already AND Dean isn't the type to pry.

Still I can see how he could come off as thoughtless and clueless by just blurting out everyone else's business and prying into their personal stuff. Still, he was ALSO quick to 'out' himself when he broke the final seal and before that about being a psychic kid with a demon connection (even at the roadhouse). So, that's just who he is I guess.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

libra113

[62]Oct 4, 2010
    lilcamozzi2 wrote:

I thought this episode was much better than last weeks. However did anyone else get the feeling it ended to soon? In almost every episode they always finish the storyline. But this time it just ended, we never found out what happened to the babies or the Alpha. The episode ended and i caught myself sitting there waiting for it to finish. I mean they have had storylines that have taken longer than an episode to finish. but never have they told only part of it and then just ended the episode with no explanation. I wonder if i was the only one who felt as if her dvr had accidentally not recorded everything.

Also i was thinking that maybe the reason why Sam would tell the cousins about Dean torturing people in hell was he was explaining how dean had broken the first seal and how that started the apocalypse. Sam was probably telling them all about everything that had happened and the things they had done in regards to the apocalypse.

I'm sure we will learn more about the Alphas and all that later on.

I can see both sides of this: on the one hand, as I said, Sam is the type to not hold a lot back and keep secrets (except from Dean apprently). Still, on the otherhand it IS kinda of personal and he had no business talking about it like that.

haldrey

[63]Oct 4, 2010
    • level: 22
    It was a good idea and a pretty good episode but still the show is not in its finest hour.

Finnegan77

[64]Oct 5, 2010
    haldrey wrote:
    It was a good idea and a pretty good episode but still the show is not in its finest hour.
    Agree. Trying to build some tension/suspense by using Samuel and his pack is extremely slow going - someone else mentioned that the pace was off and I completely agree. Too slow. And the writers have shoved Dean and Sam back into the "Sam's acting weird and unemotional and suspicious" and "Dean has doubts and doesn't trust his brother" crap. Nothing new there.

The whole scene with the maybe-fake adoption of the shifter baby was awkward and unbelievable. Mean, evil, nasty Jonas (he'll always be the hated Jonas Quinn to me) is all happy to be suddenly raising a shifter baby? Or, even worse, oh-so-slyly winking and nudging with Grandpa just to fool Dean?

If the reveal about what's really happening behind the scenes doesn't come mighty quick, this is going turn into a huge yawn.

libra113

[65]Oct 5, 2010
    Why are people SO impatient? This is what ruined "Twin Peaks", people just couldn't wait to find out who killed Laura Palmer so they had to wrap up that storyline quickly and had nowhere else to go after that and it sunk the show.

Just give them time. Let them do what they're gonna do. Sam and Dean are back on the road (or will be) the roadblocks are out of the way so the fun can REALLY being and the rest will come in it's own good time.

So exactly HOW should Sam act after everything he's been through? Why SHOULD Dean trust him (or the others) after the year of lies and the way everyone is acting?

Can't really imagine them acting any other way at this point really.

cherry_brandy

[66]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 9
    libra113 wrote:
    Why SHOULD Dean trust him (or the others) after the year of lies and the way everyone is acting?

Well I think they were supposed to have sorted the trust issues out last season; Dean did tell Sam he trusted him and now we've gone back to square one so I get why people are annoyed. Having said that I think the pace is meant to be slow. We're beginning a whole new story, not jumping head first into the follow up to a cliffhanger. It's meant to build suspense and intrigue. Personally I like it. It's not at it's best but getting there I think.

danharr

[67]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 45

Okay as a SN fan we should be happy for another season and now they're making us happy we got another season. Finally things are back to normal and I guess we should've expected at least two episodes to set the world right. I liked the introduction of the alpha and the deeper mystery as to why gramps and the cousins are collecting monsters and for whom.

Merlin4421

[68]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 7

I think it will get better and better as the season goes on and be less weird. There are going to be trust issues again becuase there is no explanation of how Sam go out of hell. To me it would be more weird if they completly trusted him again.

I wish a diff station had Supernatural cuase the CW sux!! Why does it say HD on Directv guide but isn't actually in HD??

Edited on 10/05/2010 4:28pm

AnimeMadness

[69]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 22
    I've noticed that people keep saying that Dean should know how to take care of babies and children, but I don't believe he does. However I do believe he is very good with kids. I know he took care of Sam but I doubt he changed his diapers. Dean was only four at the time and John did leave them with baby sitters before they got older. The sitters probably took care of everything. And Dean's way of taking care of Sam would probably be unconventional.

libra113

[70]Oct 5, 2010
    cherry_brandy wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    Why SHOULD Dean trust him (or the others) after the year of lies and the way everyone is acting?

Well I think they were supposed to have sorted the trust issues out last season; Dean did tell Sam he trusted him and now we've gone back to square one so I get why people are annoyed. Having said that I think the pace is meant to be slow. We're beginning a whole new story, not jumping head first into the follow up to a cliffhanger. It's meant to build suspense and intrigue. Personally I like it. It's not at it's best but getting there I think.
    Yeah but it's a two way street. Dean DID learn to trust him again but that's before he lied to him for a year and pretended to be dead and in Hell. That's before he showed up, out of the blue, at Dean's house acting all aloof and weird and palling around with a group of people who may, or may not, be who they say they are and acting weird themseleves.

Honestly, I wouldn't be suprised if it turned out the whole bunch of them, Sam included, are fakes who are messing with Dean's head becasue they need his help to carry out some evil plan. Trust isn't given it's earned and it can be squandered too and they are starting at square one becasue the trust has been broken and has to be built again. It would be unrealistic to have them get meet up and everything be just fine right out of the gate.

19mariela64

[71]Oct 6, 2010
    • level: 4

I just know that I love seeing Dean and Sam hunting again. I enjoyed the end of "Two and a Half Men" episode when Dean uncovers his car. It send chills down my spine because now I know Dean the hunter is back. I guess all the issues are going to be explained as the season keeps going. I can't wait, yay!

LordSothe

[72]Oct 6, 2010
    • level: 5

Well, I was out camping last week, so I just now got around to watching this episode. While it was definitely a marked improvement over the premiere, I did have a few issues with it -mainly that it felt too soap opera-ish. Dean's issues with his family combined with the comedy aspects of taking care of the baby made it feel more like a different show with Supernatural characters than an actual episode of Supernatural. I've never seen Two and a Half Men, but the title seems a bit ironic in retrospect.

Still, it was much better than Exile On Main Street, so hopefully it's just off to a slow start. Next week looks great -The return of Cas, a plague, and something stolen from Heaven. Why did that last part remind me of Bela?

Edited on 10/06/2010 8:08am

libra113

[73]Oct 6, 2010
    LordSothe wrote:

Well, I was out camping last week, so I just now got around to watching this episode. While it was definitely a marked improvement over the premiere, I did have a few issues with it -mainly that it felt too soap opera-ish. Dean's issues with his family combined with the comedy aspects of taking care of the baby made it feel more like a different show with Supernatural characters than an actual episode of Supernatural. I've never seen Two and a Half Men, but the title seems a bit ironic in retrospect.

Still, it was much better than Exile On Main Street, so hopefully it's just off to a slow start. Next week looks great -The return of Cas, a plague, and something stolen from Heaven. Why did that last part remind me of Bela?

Now wouldn't THAT be nice. Someone raised Bela to steal something from Heven. Joy-gasium.

akamidnight

[74]Oct 7, 2010
    • level: 13
    libra113 wrote:
    LordSothe wrote:

Now wouldn't THAT be nice. Someone raised Bela to steal something from Heven. Joy-gasium.

Haha, I NEED to see this. Even if it's just a fanfic

libra113

[75]Oct 7, 2010
    I DID start one ages ago where Cas raises Bela from Hell to help Dean with something (can't remember what) but I never finished writing it. I really need to look into it have a ton of unfinished projects that I should finish and post already.

CJJohanson

[76]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 6

I think I am one of the few that will miss Lisa and Ben. Not that I didn't like the end, I couldn't help but grin when Dean threw off the tarp while "Smoke on the Water" played in the background, classic SPN.

I hope they give us something more about the Campbells soon, before its too late and we hate them too much to care about them. Veronica Mars made that mistake with the feminist in S3.

I like the Alphaplot that was introduced, I wasn't a fan of the way he shapeshifted though, too boring. Also, the episode just sort of stopped, I was hoping for an actual resolution to the storyline. I, at least, hope it pops up again in the season.

akamidnight

[77]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 13
    libra113 wrote:
    I DID start one ages ago where Cas raises Bela from Hell to help Dean with something (can't remember what) but I never finished writing it. I really need to look into it have a ton of unfinished projects that I should finish and post already.

I would order you to finish it immediately, but to be honest, I have my own unfinished Bela fic that I seem to have forgotten about... But yeah. Finish it.

libra113

[78]Oct 8, 2010
    akamidnight wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

I would order you to finish it immediately, but to be honest, I have my own unfinished Bela fic that I seem to have forgotten about... But yeah. Finish it.
    I would have to massively rework it because I was looking over it and it was something about Sirens making people kill themselves through the radio or something.