Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Official Discussion Thread: We Need to Talk About Kevin (possible spoilers)

WickedNix

[21]Oct 8, 2012
    • level: 4

lachlan_j_g wrote:

given that we know pretty much nothing about Amelia, she might have some hidden secrets of her own. also, is anybody else glad the Impala is back?

Glad you ask?

Hell yes!

For a while I thought they had also killed off the Impala, which let's face it, is a character in it's own right. Laughing

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RichardCarlso

[22]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 2

Why are people automatically assuming Castiel has been killed off again?

Deans_mine

[23]Oct 10, 2012
    • level: 1

I thought the episode was very good. I know that we all want to know everything right now:
    We want to know what happened to Dean in purgatory?

I really think Dean's statements of how "pure" purgatory was reveals a lot about what he was like there. When we first met Dean he was a soldier who had black-and-white views regarding his job. Hunting and killing evil things, or anything that wasn't human. As the years past Dean was faced with a brother who was tainted with evil, and the possibility of loosing him to the dark side. Sam's struggle to prove he could be good, and not succumb to his possible evil birthright also brought grey areas to Dean's views on killing anything evil, and not human. I think in purgatory Dean was able to fall into his most primal self. I think he was no longer restricted by the multiple possibilities of killing someone or something innocent. I think he felt absolutely free to lash out at everything that destroyed his life, and made him what he is. I also think that may have included Castiel who caused his fall into purgatory in the first place. Finally, I think that the difference of balance in natives, or majority to minority plaid a big part as well. In cannon reality humans are the majority, and monsters lurk in the dark, afraid to show themselves. The are desperate, fearful, vengeful, and lethal to humans. In purgatory Dean was a minority of 1, and therefore he switched roles and became the hunted. By the looks of the flashbacks, he really didn't get that memo on him being hunted, but got down and dirty hunting everything with a vengeance. I mean the guy looked like he had the full year worth of dirt and blood on him when we first see him.

We want to know what Sam's life with Amelia was all about?
    I'm shocked that people don't understand Sam's actions after Dean's disappearance. I think initially he was in shock, and couldn't get past reset. I think the guy rest his mind to his initial childhood settings. Sam has always wanted a normal life, but not just for himself but for Dean as well. Sam has always been quite selfish when it came to Dean's needs. He has always been the pouting, know it all, competing for dominance little brother. The Sam I've grown to know would see everything as happening to him. He stated that the life killed everyone he loved, and that with everyone gone he just wanted to get out. That's Sammy in his most primal self. It's a pattern I think. Both Dean and Sam went back to their primal selves. Sam seeking normal, Dean the ultimate hunter.

We want to know how deeply will Kevin's role be embedded in the season?
    Kevin is cool. I loved his messages to Sam. The little guy got thrown a curve ball, left without any support and survived. Brute force has been the way, even for super intelligent Sam, but Sam's been burning out his smart brain with Demon blood, and got it destroyed by Satan, and Michael in ways that were hinted at being even sexual in nature. A fresh set of eyes, and intelligence is what's needed to out smart an old age wanna-be King off his thrown. Plus having a representative today's youth can bring back the younger viewers. Sam is no longer the youthful, pure voice of the young. He's actually pretty jaded, and 30. Finally, the death of Kevin's girlfriend does, as someone else stated, connect Kevin closer to both Sam and Dean. All three men lost their women to Demons, and their moms to monsters as well.

We want to know Crowley's reason for wanting that particular tablet read and how he's going to fight back at the boys?
    Crowley has always told the boys not to trust him or anybody. They consistently fall for one trick after another of the sneaky Demon. Crowley like all of the other Demons were performing their assigned duties as designed by Lucifer their creator. Crowley is the only Demon to realize that Lucifer only created them, by torturing fallen human souls, to help him over throw his father, and destroy humans. He knew that in the end Demons would be next. Like I said they are only deformed, tortured human souls. So I think just like the boys, Crowley has returned to his initial setting. He's in it for Crowley. He wants all the control, and power of Hell, and knows that there has to be a way to keep him on the thrown. After all Lucifer is not dead, Michael is also trapped but alive, and God and the angels are probably regrouping for the true final battle. Crowley is just a crossroads demon with delusion of grandeur.

We want to know, with a fevered intensity, what has happened to Castiel, and what role did Dean play in his not returning with him?
    This is the part that really saddens me. I think Dean double crossed Cas. I think that in his delicate state of mind Cas would not react well to Dean wanting to bring another creature out of purgatory with him. It's what happened to him, and what broke him and hurt, and killed thousands. He almost caused the end of everything, and lost his only true best friend. He would not let Dean make the same mistake. I think when Dean said that Cas fell, I think he actually fell. I think Dean had a choice either stay in purgatory forever, and never returning to the real world and Sammy or double crossing Cas. Dean was in primal mode, and had only one possible answer, "Protect Sammy." Cas was also in his primal mode, "Protect man."

We finally want to know who, and what in the Hell is Benny, and what is his and Deans full relationship?
    This really is a mystery. Dean's primal self would be in conflict with his decision to help Benny unless there is something actually beneficial to bringing Benny to the real world. I think that Benny is going to hunt down and kill the Alpha Vampire. I think Benny was changed by the Alpha, and suffered a grave loss at his hands, like his family being turned or killed. I also think that Deans brief stent as a Vamp gave him a kindred relationship to Benny. Dean knows how hard it was for him to keep from turning forever, and how he had the support of people who knew how to cure him. I even think that Benny was a hunter when he was a man, which could only endure him more to Dean.

lachlan_j_g

[25]Oct 10, 2012
    • level: 11

Deans_mine wrote:

I thought the episode was very good. I know that we all want to know everything right now:
    We want to know what happened to Dean in purgatory?

I really think Dean's statements of how "pure" purgatory was reveals a lot about what he was like there. When we first met Dean he was a soldier who had black-and-white views regarding his job. Hunting and killing evil things, or anything that wasn't human. As the years past Dean was faced with a brother who was tainted with evil, and the possibility of loosing him to the dark side. Sam's struggle to prove he could be good, and not succumb to his possible evil birthright also brought grey areas to Dean's views on killing anything evil, and not human. I think in purgatory Dean was able to fall into his most primal self. I think he was no longer restricted by the multiple possibilities of killing someone or something innocent. I think he felt absolutely free to lash out at everything that destroyed his life, and made him what he is. I also think that may have included Castiel who caused his fall into purgatory in the first place. Finally, I think that the difference of balance in natives, or majority to minority plaid a big part as well. In cannon reality humans are the majority, and monsters lurk in the dark, afraid to show themselves. The are desperate, fearful, vengeful, and lethal to humans. In purgatory Dean was a minority of 1, and therefore he switched roles and became the hunted. By the looks of the flashbacks, he really didn't get that memo on him being hunted, but got down and dirty hunting everything with a vengeance. I mean the guy looked like he had the full year worth of dirt and blood on him when we first see him.

We want to know what Sam's life with Amelia was all about?
    I'm shocked that people don't understand Sam's actions after Dean's disappearance. I think initially he was in shock, and couldn't get past reset. I think the guy rest his mind to his initial childhood settings. Sam has always wanted a normal life, but not just for himself but for Dean as well. Sam has always been quite selfish when it came to Dean's needs. He has always been the pouting, know it all, competing for dominance little brother. The Sam I've grown to know would see everything as happening to him. He stated that the life killed everyone he loved, and that with everyone gone he just wanted to get out. That's Sammy in his most primal self. It's a pattern I think. Both Dean and Sam went back to their primal selves. Sam seeking normal, Dean the ultimate hunter.

We want to know how deeply will Kevin's role be embedded in the season?
    Kevin is cool. I loved his messages to Sam. The little guy got thrown a curve ball, left without any support and survived. Brute force has been the way, even for super intelligent Sam, but Sam's been burning out his smart brain with Demon blood, and got it destroyed by Satan, and Michael in ways that were hinted at being even sexual in nature. A fresh set of eyes, and intelligence is what's needed to out smart an old age wanna-be King off his thrown. Plus having a representative today's youth can bring back the younger viewers. Sam is no longer the youthful, pure voice of the young. He's actually pretty jaded, and 30. Finally, the death of Kevin's girlfriend does, as someone else stated, connect Kevin closer to both Sam and Dean. All three men lost their women to Demons, and their moms to monsters as well.

We want to know Crowley's reason for wanting that particular tablet read and how he's going to fight back at the boys?
    Crowley has always told the boys not to trust him or anybody. They consistently fall for one trick after another of the sneaky Demon. Crowley like all of the other Demons were performing their assigned duties as designed by Lucifer their creator. Crowley is the only Demon to realize that Lucifer only created them, by torturing fallen human souls, to help him over throw his father, and destroy humans. He knew that in the end Demons would be next. Like I said they are only deformed, tortured human souls. So I think just like the boys, Crowley has returned to his initial setting. He's in it for Crowley. He wants all the control, and power of Hell, and knows that there has to be a way to keep him on the thrown. After all Lucifer is not dead, Michael is also trapped but alive, and God and the angels are probably regrouping for the true final battle. Crowley is just a crossroads demon with delusion of grandeur.

We want to know, with a fevered intensity, what has happened to Castiel, and what role did Dean play in his not returning with him?
    This is the part that really saddens me. I think Dean double crossed Cas. I think that in his delicate state of mind Cas would not react well to Dean wanting to bring another creature out of purgatory with him. It's what happened to him, and what broke him and hurt, and killed thousands. He almost caused the end of everything, and lost his only true best friend. He would not let Dean make the same mistake. I think when Dean said that Cas fell, I think he actually fell. I think Dean had a choice either stay in purgatory forever, and never returning to the real world and Sammy or double crossing Cas. Dean was in primal mode, and had only one possible answer, "Protect Sammy." Cas was also in his primal mode, "Protect man."

We finally want to know who, and what in the Hell is Benny, and what is his and Deans full relationship?
    This really is a mystery. Dean's primal self would be in conflict with his decision to help Benny unless there is something actually beneficial to bringing Benny to the real world. I think that Benny is going to hunt down and kill the Alpha Vampire. I think Benny was changed by the Alpha, and suffered a grave loss at his hands, like his family being turned or killed. I also think that Deans brief stent as a Vamp gave him a kindred relationship to Benny. Dean knows how hard it was for him to keep from turning forever, and how he had the support of people who knew how to cure him. I even think that Benny was a hunter when he was a man, which could only endure him more to Dean.

yeah something like that, spread out over the season

libra113

[26]Oct 11, 2012
    • level: 27
    I missed the episode when it aired (long story) but I saw it online today and I think it was a good start.

mrfantastic

[27]Oct 12, 2012
    • level: 1
    Is anyone else curious as to what exactly happened to Castiel ,it may just be me but as far as i see there is alot more to that "he didn't make it"

libra113

[28]Oct 14, 2012

mrfantastic wrote:
    Is anyone else curious as to what exactly happened to Castiel ,it may just be me but as far as i see there is alot more to that "he didn't make it"
    I'm sure and they're going to love dragging it out a bit at a time.

WickedNix

[29]Oct 15, 2012

I read somewhere (can't remember where though) that Misha Collin's appearances will be very sparse. Unless Misha was intentionally misleading the extent of his involvement this seaon. So, I'm not getting my hopes up. But, they owe it to his character to wrap it up in a respectful manner.

One thing I had hoped would be different this season is Sam's appearance. Dean looks well groomed,when he's not involved in the blood and gore scenes, but Sam always looks like he needs a bath and a hair trim,since it's so stringy and greasy looking. Not very convincing whenimpersonating a FBI agent. I know...it's a petty complaint but it bugs me.Innocent

libra113

[30]Oct 16, 2012
    I can agree with the hair cut, it's out of control

mattgus

[31]Oct 17, 2012
    • level: 14
    kevin will be around like the other guest stars,when they have a story for him,just like cass,grampa,bobby,ruby and the 18 other guests that were important off and on...i am tired of the two bros fighting over the same stuff,although that is prob the most real thing about the stories. sammy want to be more than a hunter and dean gulits him into thinking twice about that...it will provide a partial ending to the series,but will prob be dean that ends up going ???

WickedNix

[32]Oct 26, 2012

Are there any topic threads for the last two episodes?

The last topic that's showing up on my computer is this topic, "We Need To Talk About Kevin."

Edited on 10/26/2012 7:46pm

lachlan_j_g

[33]Oct 26, 2012

WickedNix wrote:

The last topic that's showing up on my computer is this topic, "We Need To Talk About Kevin."

yeah the boards have been a bit dead so far this season - either less people watching or less people complaining

EDIT - I have created some, but don't know how to make them "sticky"

Edited on 10/26/2012 9:06pm

lachlan_j_g

[34]Oct 26, 2012

RichardCarlso wrote:

Why are people automatically assuming Castiel has been killed off again?

if Castiel has been killed, I don't see it as a big tragedy. I see it as a natural progression of the plot. the Angel story is well and truly over, and Sam & Dean need to find their way on their own - without relying on Castiel all the time.

Gislef

[35]Oct 27, 2012
    • level: 101
    lachlan_j_g wrote:

WickedNix wrote:

yeah the boards have been a bit dead so far this season - either less people watching or less people complaining

EDIT - I have created some, but don't know how to make them "sticky"

Please see the pinned thread explaining about episode threads. Thanks!