Supernatural Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Possible Supernatural spin-offs?

Tvking00

[1]Dec 6, 2011
    • level: 5

I would personally love to see a Bobby and Rufus mini series or tv movie, I just like the way the characters play off each other they have chemistry.

Also I would like to see a John Winchester prequel. What are some spin-offs you would like to see.

Edited on 12/06/2011 10:41pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

crazylegs99

[2]Dec 7, 2011
    • level: 7

How does a mini-series about the war in Heaven between Castiel and Raphael sound? Awesome, no?

basenji529

[3]Dec 7, 2011
    • level: 15

Yeah, but it's doomed by canon. That tends to doom such shows. Look at the Star Wars prequels. That and Jar Jar, the Neimoidians, Jar Jar, Padmé's hair, the stupidity of Palpatine's secret identity, Jar Jar, Watto, podracing, Jar Jar, Jake Lloyd, Jar Jar..

George Lucas: You mentioned Jar Jar five times.

Yeah, they really didn't like Jar Jar.

But my point remains. Prequels (or gaiden, as the case may be) aren't that popular with American audiences.

libra113

[4]Dec 7, 2011
    • level: 27
    I don't know the "Exorsist" prequal did really well as I recall.

It's not an easy thing to do but it can be done if handled carefully. Still, I say give Cas a series called "Atonement" where he tries to make up for his misdeads by fighting evil and helping save lives.

basenji529

[5]Dec 8, 2011
    • level: 15

That could work.

Damn, now I want to make a series called Atonement about a fallen angel trying to get back into heaven by fighting evil.

Tvking00

[6]Dec 8, 2011

Yes I want Atonement to happen I love that idea, it can see it being agreatspinoff like Angel was to buffy, but I still want my Bobby and Rufus mini series/TVmovie of there past hunting jobs

Edited on 12/08/2011 3:38pm

libra113

[7]Dec 8, 2011
    Tvking00 wrote:

Yes I want Atonement to happen I love that idea, it can see it being agreatspinoff like Angel was to buffy, but I still want my Bobby and Rufus mini series/TVmovie of there past hunting jobs

Well, past stuff is a hard sell to any network because of props and content and all that (they like being timely and topical when they can). Still, there's no reason stuff like that couldn't be seen in some context or another.

tvtome_xena321

[8]Dec 8, 2011
    libra113 wrote:
    Tvking00 wrote:

Well, past stuff is a hard sell to any network because of props and content and all that (they like being timely and topical when they can). Still, there's no reason stuff like that couldn't be seen in some context or another.

It depends, although Angel is one of the most successful spin-offs from the original series, but the timing was perfect, since it didn't happen so early in the originals run, but not so late. I dont know if a spin-off this late in the game will work or even post-series.

libra113

[9]Dec 9, 2011
    tvtome_xena321 wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    Tvking00 wrote:

It depends, although Angel is one of the most successful spin-offs from the original series, but the timing was perfect, since it didn't happen so early in the originals run, but not so late. I dont know if a spin-off this late in the game will work or even post-series.
    Well, there have been a few succesful spin offs in the past from shows that ended or ended shortly after the spin off started. In fact that used to be pretty standard especially with dramatic series to avoid them stepping on each others toes so to speak. I would be easier in this case to do it that way and since it's too late to do it earlier it is what it is.

taxcat11

[10]Dec 15, 2011

Yes I can see a Bobby/Rufus spin off, a John prequel and a Castiel spin off

tvtome_xena321

[11]Dec 28, 2011
    libra113 wrote:
    tvtome_xena321 wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    Tvking00 wrote:

Well, there have been a few succesful spin offs in the past from shows that ended or ended shortly after the spin off started. In fact that used to be pretty standard especially with dramatic series to avoid them stepping on each others toes so to speak. I would be easier in this case to do it that way and since it's too late to do it earlier it is what it is.

Yeah thats true, I also forgot about webisodes or even special mini series episodes with 6 parts. That could be something they could do during the show's run, as a little treat for fans, like alot of shows tend to do.

libra113

[13]Jan 5, 2012
    tvtome_xena321 wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    tvtome_xena321 wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    Tvking00 wrote:

Yeah thats true, I also forgot about webisodes or even special mini series episodes with 6 parts. That could be something they could do during the show's run, as a little treat for fans, like alot of shows tend to do.
    They already have. The Ghostfacers had all kinds of webisodes although I only saw two: One was were Cas shows up at their place (not sure why), nothing really seems to happen in that one much and a slightly more intresting one about a ghost haunting an old movie theater.

MilosMarkovic

[14]Nov 1, 2012
    • level: 3

I wouldn't mind seeing (so far in season a spin-off of Dean in Purgatory, even if it would only be for one season, i'm IN!..or maybe Sam inside the devil's trap, but i rather go for Dean in Purgatory.

MilosMarkovic

[15]Nov 1, 2012
    • level: 3
    season 8

Tyrathius

[16]Nov 3, 2012
    • level: 4

Problem with a Castiel spinoff is there just aren't very many villains who can match him. There's a reason he's generally not in the monster of the week episodes, he's too powerful to be bothered by something like a vampire or werewolf. The only things that could reasonably take him are other angels (very few left) leviathans (apparently a non-issue with Dick gone) and really badass demons (and we already know he's stronger than Crowley, who's apparently the strongest demon still alive). They could introduce new monsters, but they've done so many in Supernatural that they're scraping the bottom of the barrel as is, and introducing a new ultra powerful monster begs the question of where they've been all this time. They could depower Castiel or make him human, but that takes away his uniqueness, and his show just becomes Supernatural starring Misha Collins.

It's an interesting concept, but I'm not sure it could get off the ground even if the audience was there for it.

libra113

[17]Nov 4, 2012

Tyrathius wrote:

Problem with a Castiel spinoff is there just aren't very many villains who can match him. There's a reason he's generally not in the monster of the week episodes, he's too powerful to be bothered by something like a vampire or werewolf. The only things that could reasonably take him are other angels (very few left) leviathans (apparently a non-issue with Dick gone) and really badass demons (and we already know he's stronger than Crowley, who's apparently the strongest demon still alive). They could introduce new monsters, but they've done so many in Supernatural that they're scraping the bottom of the barrel as is, and introducing a new ultra powerful monster begs the question of where they've been all this time. They could depower Castiel or make him human, but that takes away his uniqueness, and his show just becomes Supernatural starring Misha Collins.

It's an interesting concept, but I'm not sure it could get off the ground even if the audience was there for it.

Well in my version Cas is stripped of most of his power and relies on his knowledge and ritual magic.