Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Question about souls and Castiel becoming God

basenji529

[21]Sep 17, 2011
    • level: 15

Maybe only monster souls give you zomgz infinity over nine thousand mana points zomgz!!!!1. Just a thought.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

libra113

[22]Sep 17, 2011
    • level: 27
    Totally lost me there but okay.

Seriously, I'm sure monster souls would have more kick than human souls regardless of if they were in Heaven or Hell.

basenji529

[23]Sep 18, 2011

It's a combination of pop culture references. Basically...

zomgz = sarcasm. Extra z's make for more sarcasm.

infinity = what a child would say

over 9000 = "His power level! It's OVER NINE THOUSAND!"

mana points = a staple mechanic of role-playing video games and the constant bane of wizards, clerics, sages, and other magic users. Spells cost MP.

lachlan_j_g

[24]Sep 19, 2011
    • level: 11

I think that while there are more souls in heaven and hell they are more spread out - i.e. all of heaven's souls fund heaven and the angels - so they would be spread out amongst them - not equally obviously. same with demons & hell. which might be why neither Raph or Crowley want to siphon off their supply, because it will ultimately weaken their own side.

monsters on the other hand usually start off as human souls and then get corrupted. so technically draining purgatory won't affect the monsters on earth.

gatoraderising

[25]Sep 19, 2011
    • level: 7
    libra113 wrote:
    gatoraderising wrote:
    True. I wonder if the old rules could ever come back into play.
    I guess that depends on why they're out in the first place. Is whoever (or whatever) enforced them just gone or are they more like forces of nature and there's something wrong with the very universe itself to make that so. What suddenly makes a monster change it's very nature or makes another able to overcome it's natural limitations and do things they normally couldn't?

I guess the old rules went out the window the moment Dean,Sam,Bobby and Cas stopped Michael and Lucifer from having their little deathmatch. So I guess something is wrong with the universe if it was suppose to end and then suddenly it doesnt somehow it changed everything. Who knows maybe with Cas crowning himself the new God maybe he could make his on rules. Off-topic I wonder how powerful Cas is. Can he create his own angels like the real God did.

libra113

[26]Sep 19, 2011
    Well yeah one of the recurring themes has been that the univsers (or more commonly the world) is broken. They've said it on the show many times and there was a whole season where the key opening effect was the visual and audio of glass breaking.

As for if Cas could make his own angels I don't know if that's on his to do list so much as just taking the angels who defy him and bringing the rest to heel so he can reorder Heaven under his command.

basenji529

[27]Sep 20, 2011

Yep, broken worlds are a common theme.

I actually like how in Lakota mythology, we have a broken world. It's broken by one woman and her parents. Then her sons fix it.

libra113

[28]Sep 20, 2011
    Hummm, Mary and her parents and now Sam and Dean fix it? I mean Mary DID make a deal to get John back and that opened the flood gates. I know it's such a stretch I should of limbered up first because now I'm sore.

basenji529

[29]Sep 21, 2011

Well, four sons, not two. But yeah. Also, there's a fifth son, but he's related to how she broke it, romancing two gods in order to become a god herself.

libra113

[30]Sep 21, 2011
    basenji529 wrote:

Well, four sons, not two. But yeah. Also, there's a fifth son, but he's related to how she broke it, romancing two gods in order to become a god herself.

now see you weren't that detailed the first time.

gatoraderising

[31]Sep 21, 2011
    • level: 7
    libra113 wrote:
    Well yeah one of the recurring themes has been that the univsers (or more commonly the world) is broken. They've said it on the show many times and there was a whole season where the key opening effect was the visual and audio of glass breaking.

As for if Cas could make his own angels I don't know if that's on his to do list so much as just taking the angels who defy him and bringing the rest to heel so he can reorder Heaven under his command.

Well yeah Cas making new angel's most likely isn't on his to do list but I wonder if he could. We know that Cas is more powerful the any Archangel or angel the question is how powerful is he. If you go by the angel's the real God created everything includeing themselves's, that takes alot of power to do. I guess i'm wondering if Cas is on God's level or not. Hope to find out this friday.

libra113

[32]Sep 21, 2011
    I would say if he's not he's pretty close and since God himself is still laying low he seems to be the closest we're going to get for now.

kanniballl

[34]Sep 22, 2011
    • level: 18

Well I won't beat on a dead horse, I was hoping that perhaps there was something I missed or someone have some insight that make this plot twist seem less weak to me.

I had just assumed it was straightforward: you're able to tap the souls you control. So Raphael would have his souls from the portion of heaven he control and Castiel his portion

You bring up some interesting points.

I think it's not just controlling or having domain over the souls (by running Heaven or Hell) but abosrbing them into yourself like millions of nuclear reactors. Doing that probably completely destroys the original people/souls. So Crowly might have domain over the souls in Hell but I doubt he absorbed them.

My understanding from Balthazar's lines is that doing that is mental, because there's a good chance that the vessel would explode.

The Angels probably can't suck up the souls in Heaven since it's still under God's domain. Plus maybe they see it as sacriligious.

Now, why doesn't someone like Crowly decide to Hoover up all of the souls in Hell and fight Heaven? Good Question

My guess, is that even absorbing all of the souls in Hell, he might not be a match for God + the angels... plus the souls in their resevoir. BUT that getting full access to purgatory might tip the scales in his favor, and thus was hoping to con Cas out of the whole thing.

Or perhaps he can't act as a vessel (being only a regular demon) but wants them to power some sort of spell / weapon / etc.

I wonder if we'll find out about the Judeo-Christian god in Supernatural... if he's just super power (equivalent of being powered by X souls) or if we'll find out that he took a similar turn as Cass and just absorbed a whole-lot of souls like they were Potato chips... and hence his strength.

Meanwhile, I have to agree about the numbers (sort of). Yes, in Heaven I imagine there are billions of souls and the pessimist in me believes Hell has even more. Unless the show has people from different faiths go to different after-lifes in which case the Angels and Judeo-Christian god only have access to their followers.

libra113

[35]Sep 22, 2011
    Yeah but as soon as Crowley became King of Hell his already great power (as a Crossroads Demon)jumped up greatly. That's gotta be connected to all the souls he controls even if he's not directly absorbing them. There are likely two levels you can get more power by absorbing the souls but it uses them up so its finate in duration. The other you get less power but it lasts longer becasue it doesn't absorb them so much as tap into them at a shallow level (taking a little from each but allowing them to recover).

It's like the diffrence between a vampire draining someone dry all at once or keeping someone alive and taking a little at a time over a long peroid of time.

basenji529

[36]Sep 23, 2011

libra113 wrote:
    basenji529 wrote:

now see you weren't that detailed the first time.

The really weird thing is, the brothers do make a Five-Man Band.

The Hero (Itokagata, to the south, because his color's red)

The Lancer (Waziyata, the north, because they're always fighting)

The Big Guy (Wiyohinyanpata, because he's seen as the most lazy)

The Smart Guy (Wiyoxpeyata, the west, becuase, well, his other power's lightning)

The Chick/Sixth Ranger (Yumni, for, well, also being the god of love; also, Waziyata has some Chick tendencies, being a yandere and all)