Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Quick question for a new comer to this show

shwankyspoon

[1]Mar 26, 2013
    • level: 1

I know that this is much more into the supernatural (no pun intended) but would it be fair to say that this is Grimm but scarier? And I mean that in the simplest of comparisons

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

shwankyspoon

[2]Mar 26, 2013
    • level: 1
    I like Being Human which I guess isnt scary and Fringe and stuff where weird stuff happens so I want to know if this would be a show for me. I am NOT a fan of Paranormal Activity or stuff like that, Simple "horror" sci-fi stuff is what I'm looking for

Gislef

[3]Mar 27, 2013
    • level: 101
    It's gorier than Grimm. Scarier is kind of a relative term. Most people would probably consider it scarier. Scarier than, say, last week's fly-monster episode. Maybe not.

angim350

[4]Mar 28, 2013
    • level: 13
    To try and describe this show wouldn't do it justice. In it's 8 seasons it's tackled pretty much everything Supernatural, mythological and religious that you can think of. Start from the beginning and work your way to now. You'll get a much more rewarding experience. Cannot recommend this show enough, especially it's early seasons. Some might say it gets not as good past season 5, but I think that's an exaggeration.

Anguis

[5]Mar 30, 2013
    • level: 3
    Supernatural as compared to Grimm....theres a different drama to it. The "horror" value is hit or miss with each episode, but what is constant is the tension from drama. If you like to see modern depictions of the supernatural, than I think you wil enjoy this show. Supernatural does have alot more blood and violence. Where Grimm is "keep the peace", Supernatural is "kill them all". My only gripe which may or may not deter you is the brothers whining all the time. Not an episode goes by without them trying to talk about their feelings towards another. That much you dont get in Grimm, except maybe from trying to keep things from Juliet.

wildhoney66

[6]Mar 30, 2013
    • level: 13

for me i watched it when it 1st started i watched the whole 1st season loved it, and watched part of the 2nd season and lost track after that. another show i loved was on at the same time i forget what it was though? Crossing Jordan maybe?

this was back when it was Tuesday's i believe. lost track of what was going on than a couple years later i watched it again and still loved it. i was able to keep in touch for in time than lost it again. now i bought season 1 and 2 on dvd back in i think (2009) i never got around to watch it until now. i 'm in the middle of the 3rd episode i believe and what's great about not seeing it in ages is still being surprised.

i don't really think they whine. but than i don't really think about either. the premise of the 1st season i can give you and this may help you decide to watch it. it's about 2 brothers who in the 1st season go in search of their father who just vanishes. and he leaves them clues on where he's going next or clues on where they should go. and i dunno if the show is still like this but the 1st season monsters centre around myths and folklore well urban legends is the word i'm looking for.

like one episode centers around Bloody Mary, you know the saying the urban legend where if you say it 3 times in front of a mirror you die.

another the 1st one centres around the woman in white who kills travelers on a dirt road. and unless they changed it at some point i dunno the 1st season at lest is about each case the boys find is an urban legend that ends up being true. at least that's what i remember reading about it when it 1st came out and they did a thing about it in TV Guide. if i've got any of this wrong folks who know the show better than me please by all means pitch in. and correct me if i'm wrong.

either it's a dark show and you may like it. i've never seen Grimm so i dunno how good or bad that show is. but try this one and let us know what you think of it.

libra113

[7]Apr 2, 2013
    • level: 27

I don't know, I've only seen "Grimm" once and I couldn't really get into very much. Not to say it's a bad show or anything I just didn't know enough about it going in to really follow a lot of what was going on (it was the Halloween episode I think). I would probably watch it again I just never really happen to think of it until it's already been on or there's something else on instead.

I wouldn't say Sam and Dean whine really either. Sam usually tries to get Dean to open up and talk and most of the time Dean blows him off with a joke or just flat out refusal, then once in a great while (a very great while) Dean will actually talk to him and we will see things are much, much darker inside his head than we really thought. I can see where it might get old to some people and they have changed things up a bit here and there (sometimes Dean is the one pushing Sam to open up and when he does it's not pretty) but it's just part of the show.

Basically, the seat of the show is the Sam/Dean dynamic and that's not going to change so yeah it's all part of the package.