Supernatural Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Season 7 Confirmed! Season 6+ News Speculation etc. Thread (possible spoilers)

RachelleMcAdams

[101]Jun 15, 2010
    • level: 11
    sinjaceheroes wrote:

RachelleMcAdams wrote:
    sinjaceheroes wrote:

RachelleMcAdams wrote:

So you want season six to be the final season?

Well, I never said that now did I?

I would have been happy with the show ending in Swan Song and without the final scene showing Sam alive. It went full circle and it had a great sacrifice, everything a hero story needs to conclude.

But I will follow the show wherever it goes. Im not one of those who came midway, or when Lucifer came into the picture and became obsessed, I've been there since September 13, 2005. And SPN is in my top three shows, holding the number one spot as it always has. (btw, Im not insinuating that you are one of those people who came in midway, just in case theres any misinterpretation. )

But I would rather wait until season 6 begins to see if a season 7 is even necessary. And if it comes I will still watch it, make no mistake in thinking otherwise!

I just really dont want SPN to turn out like XFiles: A great show that was dragged on just a bit much.

. What are you top two other shows?

Well, Doctor Who the Reboot Series is number 2, I just cant get enough Who.

The third place is for Heroes: Season 1--again, another show that not necessarily went on for too long--but actually lost its way after season 1. It turned in just another Government vs Mutants piece of crap. But season 1 was outstanding, and I could also pick out a few episodes from the other seasons that are not too shabby.

Those are my top three obsessions, lets call them. As in I find out all I can about them and will follow them anywhere they go. As I did withHeroesuntil it was now cancelled, (heard news of a mini event closing up the series, cant be more glad). And until Who ends, hopefully not for a long long time, and SPN until it ends in Season 6 or continues on.

Although you didnt ask me, out of obsession zone: my top five shows are (in no specific order):

1- Angel

2- X-Files (until season 7)

3- True Blood

4- House

5- Smallville (every now and then it annoys me though)

This does not consider anime, of course.

An honorable mention is Charmed, who stuck around for a bit too long and abandoned the "actual" witchcraft mythology that it greatly began with. Let's call it the "Longevity Curse". Shows that stick around just a bit too long.

What are yours?

Don't laugh at me but Supernatural, Everybody hates Chris, and I kind of like the vampire diaries but at times it gets too lovey dovey for me so I change the channel. I mean I usually don't like shows and movies with romance being the center but instead just part of it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sinjaceheroes

[102]Jun 15, 2010
    • level: 14

RachelleMcAdams wrote:
    sinjaceheroes wrote:

RachelleMcAdams wrote:
    sinjaceheroes wrote:

RachelleMcAdams wrote:

I would have been happy with the show ending in Swan Song and without the final scene showing Sam alive. It went full circle and it had a great sacrifice, everything a hero story needs to conclude.

But I will follow the show wherever it goes. Im not one of those who came midway, or when Lucifer came into the picture and became obsessed, I've been there since September 13, 2005. And SPN is in my top three shows, holding the number one spot as it always has. (btw, Im not insinuating that you are one of those people who came in midway, just in case theres any misinterpretation. )

But I would rather wait until season 6 begins to see if a season 7 is even necessary. And if it comes I will still watch it, make no mistake in thinking otherwise!

I just really dont want SPN to turn out like XFiles: A great show that was dragged on just a bit much.

The third place is for Heroes: Season 1--again, another show that not necessarily went on for too long--but actually lost its way after season 1. It turned in just another Government vs Mutants piece of crap. But season 1 was outstanding, and I could also pick out a few episodes from the other seasons that are not too shabby.

Those are my top three obsessions, lets call them. As in I find out all I can about them and will follow them anywhere they go. As I did withHeroesuntil it was now cancelled, (heard news of a mini event closing up the series, cant be more glad). And until Who ends, hopefully not for a long long time, and SPN until it ends in Season 6 or continues on.

Although you didnt ask me, out of obsession zone: my top five shows are (in no specific order):

1- Angel

3- True Blood

4- House

An honorable mention is Charmed, who stuck around for a bit too long and abandoned the "actual" witchcraft mythology that it greatly began with. Let's call it the "Longevity Curse". Shows that stick around just a bit too long.

What are yours?

Don't laugh at me but Supernatural, Everybody hates Chris, and I kind of like the vampire diaries but at times it gets too lovey dovey for me so I change the channel. I mean I usually don't like shows and movies with romance being the center but instead just part of it.

likewise on the romance being a part but not the center. I like the Vampire Diaries, but its too high school lovey dovey for me sometimes as well. "yeah im a 300 year old vampire but let me be in high school!" >_> no....not something i can tolerate that much.

i really dont like EHC, but too be fair i never liked ELR either!

RachelleMcAdams

[103]Jun 15, 2010
    sinjaceheroes wrote:

RachelleMcAdams wrote:
    sinjaceheroes wrote:

RachelleMcAdams wrote:
    sinjaceheroes wrote:

RachelleMcAdams wrote:

1- Angel

3- True Blood

4- House

What are yours?

likewise on the romance being a part but not the center. I like the Vampire Diaries, but its too high school lovey dovey for me sometimes as well. "yeah im a 300 year old vampire but let me be in high school!" >_> no....not something i can tolerate that much.

i really dont like EHC, but too be fair i never liked ELR either!

Then what comedy shows do you like? I like king of queens too

sinjaceheroes

[104]Jun 15, 2010

That's easy: Big Bang Theory.

ScareyKitty

[105]Jun 15, 2010
    • level: 5

sinjaceheroes wrote:

1- Angel

3- True Blood

4- House

What are yours?

My top 3 favs (current)

Supernatural

Dr Who

Saving Grace

Honorable mentions (past and present....no particular order)

Sanctuary

Ncis

True Blood

Angel

Buffy

Torchwood

Primeval

Being Human

Vampire Diaries

X-Files (Early seasons)

Smallville

Big Bang Theory

Growing on me:

Ncis LA

happy Town

Stargate universe

Salute to those who passed before their time!

Firefly

Dark Angel

Moonlight

Kyle XY

Drive

Reaper

Witches of Eastwick

These are just my choices of course! Wink

RachelleMcAdams

[106]Jun 15, 2010
    sinjaceheroes wrote:

. Have you heard of Glee if so do you like it or think it's too cheesy?

sinjaceheroes

[107]Jun 15, 2010

ScareyKitty wrote:

My top 3 favs (current)

Supernatural

Dr Who

Saving Grace

Honorable mentions (past and present....no particular order)

Sanctuary

Ncis

True Blood

Angel

Buffy

Torchwood

Primeval

Being Human

Vampire Diaries

X-Files (Early seasons)

Smallville

Big Bang Theory

Growing on me:

Ncis LA

happy Town

Stargate universe

Salute to those who passed before their time!

Firefly

Dark Angel

Moonlight

Kyle XY

Drive

Reaper

Witches of Eastwick

These are just my choices of course! Wink

I watch everything you mentioned except NCIS and Drive (which I have no idea what it is). Sadly, Happy Town is to enter the ones who passed before their time, because I heard its going to be cancelled because of low ratings. The last episodes will air next wave. Kyle XY was an obssesion, but since its over, its out.

I wont watch the Saving Grace episodes until I tape all of them. Do hope God appears or something.

sinjaceheroes

[108]Jun 15, 2010

RachelleMcAdams wrote:
    sinjaceheroes wrote:

Oh, Glee is Cheesy incarnate!

But I have no current shows to watch and so I do. Or did since its over. I liked the Whedon episode, and the finale. But only because of Whedon and Jorney/Queen music!

RachelleMcAdams

[109]Jun 15, 2010
    sinjaceheroes wrote:

RachelleMcAdams wrote:
    sinjaceheroes wrote:

But I have no current shows to watch and so I do. Or did since its over. I liked the Whedon episode, and the finale. But only because of Whedon and Jorney/Queen music!

What about movies like Zombieland and Superbad? and did you like the Jason Vorhees movie>

sinjaceheroes

[110]Jun 15, 2010

Zombieland was %&#*% amazing!!!! I never laughed so much in public! I like the stupidity of the Friday 13 movies, but I enjoy the stupidity of Nightmare Elm Street movies even more. Havent seen Superbad completely, but the scenes I saw did make me chuckle.

EDIT: If you meant the NEW Jason movie then I did like it, if only cause of Jared. The movie was ok, but it turned just like the rest about midway.

Edited on 06/15/2010 12:26pm

RachelleMcAdams

[111]Jun 15, 2010
    sinjaceheroes wrote:

Zombieland was %&#*% amazing!!!! I never laughed so much in public! I like the stupidity of the Friday 13 movies, but I enjoy the stupidity of Nightmare Elm Street movies even more. Havent seen Superbad completely, but the scenes I saw did make me chuckle.

EDIT: If you meant the NEW Jason movie then I did like it, if only cause of Jared. The movie was ok, but it turned just like the rest about midway.

Oh so i take it you more of Freddy fan than Jason Vorhees

dpebbleson

[112]Jun 15, 2010
    • level: 24
    RachelleMcAdams wrote:
    sinjaceheroes wrote:

RachelleMcAdams wrote:
    sinjaceheroes wrote:

What about movies like Zombieland and Superbad? and did you like the Jason Vorhees movie>

Hey - I liked both Zombieland and Superbad! I liked Adventureland as well

My favourite shows are X-Files, Supernatural, Smallville (until the next to the last episode of S8, they screwed so bad with that finale that I stopped watching), and Merlin (BBC series).

Out of comedies I like "The Big Bang Theory" (though season 3...), and I adore "Only Fools and Horses" !!!

Of Anime series I really liked "Death Note", and a friend suggested I should "Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood".

I also don't like cheesy shows with romance and stuff, better leave that on the border.

And yeah, I also like Heroes S1, after that they screwed that show badly...

sinjaceheroes

[113]Jun 15, 2010

dpebbleson wrote:
    Hey - I liked both Zombieland and Superbad! I liked Adventureland as well My favourite shows are X-Files, Supernatural, Smallville (until the next to the last episode of S8, they screwed so bad with that finale that I stopped watching), and Merlin (BBC series). Out of comedies I like "The Big Bang Theory" (though season 3...), and I adore "Only Fools and Horses" !!! Of Anime series I really liked "Death Note", and a friend suggested I should "Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood". I also don't like cheesy shows with romance and stuff, better leave that on the border. And yeah, I also like Heroes S1, after that they screwed that show badly...

I loved Death Note...until L dies. Its not that I was pissed he died, (which I was), but it became silly when he died. The drama was gone.

I just read the final Alchemist manga chapter @_@ ...it was amazing.

RachelleMcAdams wrote:
    sinjaceheroes wrote:

I liked their movies the same. But Jason doesnt talk. It gets boring after a while. At least Freddy jokes around and taunts the stupid horny teenagers before slashing them!

RachelleMcAdams

[114]Jun 15, 2010
    sinjaceheroes wrote:

dpebbleson wrote:
    Hey - I liked both Zombieland and Superbad! I liked Adventureland as well My favourite shows are X-Files, Supernatural, Smallville (until the next to the last episode of S8, they screwed so bad with that finale that I stopped watching), and Merlin (BBC series). Out of comedies I like "The Big Bang Theory" (though season 3...), and I adore "Only Fools and Horses" !!! Of Anime series I really liked "Death Note", and a friend suggested I should "Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood". I also don't like cheesy shows with romance and stuff, better leave that on the border. And yeah, I also like Heroes S1, after that they screwed that show badly...

I loved Death Note...until L dies. Its not that I was pissed he died, (which I was), but it became silly when he died. The drama was gone.

RachelleMcAdams wrote:
    sinjaceheroes wrote:

I liked their movies the same. But Jason doesnt talk. It gets boring after a while. At least Freddy jokes around and taunts the stupid horny teenagers before slashing them!

But the silence adds to the scariness. Who is scarier villian SPN demons or Jason Vorhees the superhuman zombie?

dpebbleson

[115]Jun 16, 2010
    • level: 24
    sinjaceheroes wrote:

dpebbleson wrote:

RachelleMcAdams wrote:
    sinjaceheroes wrote:

Yeah, I agree, Death Note was at its best with L alive, later on it became a bit dull.

Still it's a great series, and I'm very anxious to see SPN anime, since the same people that did Death Note will do it!

sinjaceheroes

[116]Jun 16, 2010

RachelleMcAdams wrote:
    But the silence adds to the scariness. Who is scarier villian SPN demons or Jason Vorhees the superhuman zombie?

Yeah. But come on, thats okay for one or two movies, three at the max but not like eight! Its that how many there are? I lost count.

Well, we have to agree that as the show has prolonged the demons have gotten less and less scarier.

I mean, if you take the airplane demon (first demon ever shown) and put him alongside of some demon now; the difference is easy to spot. I mean, every time I see that first demon I still get the creeps. But I think that was because demons were supposed to be like a tornado and a hurricane combining--a rare and mythical occurence. but because of YED and then Lilith and then the apocalypse too many demons made the scare factor go away.

But if you take the airplane demon and put him side by side with Jason; the airplane demon has the greater scare factor. If only for the reason that it can become anyone, even the nice old wrinkly cookie baking lady next door.

Spotting a giant mutant with a machete and a hockey mask and an invisible demon, well, its not that hard to figure out who is scarier.

sinjaceheroes

[117]Jun 16, 2010

dpebbleson wrote:
    Yeah, I agree, Death Note was at its best with L alive, later on it became a bit dull. Still it's a great series, and I'm very anxious to see SPN anime, since the same people that did Death Note will do it!

Dude I know!!!! I cant wait for the anime!!!!

Really, I just want to see the evil sam moments!!! If they are even close to those crazy mumble shots of Light, It will all be WORTH IT!

I can just imagine it, sam acting insane with the blood and the angel voices humming in the background! oh, holy ****

But since the first 22 episodes will be of season 1 and 2, Im gonna have to wait until my evil sam shots.

RachelleMcAdams

[118]Jun 16, 2010

sinjaceheroes wrote:

RachelleMcAdams wrote:

Yeah. But come on, thats okay for one or two movies, three at the max but not like eight! Its that how many there are? I lost count.

Well, we have to agree that as the show has prolonged the demons have gotten less and less scarier.

I mean, if you take the airplane demon (first demon ever shown) and put him alongside of some demon now; the difference is easy to spot. I mean, every time I see that first demon I still get the creeps. But I think that was because demons were supposed to be like a tornado and a hurricane combining--a rare and mythical occurence. but because of YED and then Lilith and then the apocalypse too many demons made the scare factor go away.

But if you take the airplane demon and put him side by side with Jason; the airplane demon has the greater scare factor. If only for the reason that it can become anyone, even the nice old wrinkly cookie baking lady next door.

Spotting a giant mutant with a machete and a hockey mask and an invisible demon, well, its not that hard to figure out who is scarier.

Hellhounds are the scariest because their invisible and can you rip to shreds or take you to you're worst nightmare:hell.

But demons do have their frightening moments especially when all of sudden their eyes go black and they cut innocent person throat and the blood drops in the cup so they can communicate to other demons and it was so unexpected because you didn't know they were a demon up until that point.

Edited on 06/16/2010 10:44am
    Edited 3 total times.

sinjaceheroes

[119]Jun 16, 2010

Well, yeah, but for me at least, demons dont have any scare factor anymore. Not since Sam bedded one.

What does get me sometimes are ghosts. To me, they are by far the scariest thing in SPN universe.

Hellhounds are bad but unless you make sell your soul or piss of a big boss demon enough for him/her to send it after you, you are completely safe from you. Its not something you have to worry about in the everyday life...ghosts on the other hand...

RachelleMcAdams

[120]Jun 16, 2010

sinjaceheroes wrote:

Well, yeah, but for me at least, demons dont have any scare factor anymore. Not since Sam bedded one.

What does get me sometimes are ghosts. To me, they are by far the scariest thing in SPN universe.

Hellhounds are bad but unless you make sell your soul or piss of a big boss demon enough for him/her to send it after you, you are completely safe from you. Its not something you have to worry about in the everyday life...ghosts on the other hand...

But there are hundreds or thousands of demons in the SPN universe on earth and their probably murdering a bunch of people, torturing, and raping them.

It's scary to think about for Sam and Dean and all this isbecause when Lucifer rises the entire hell rises with him too.

Edited on 06/16/2010 4:14pm