Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Season 7+ News Speculation etc. Thread (including Season 8 renewal!)

  • Avatar of Gislef

    Gislef

    [1]May 20, 2011
    • member since: 04/22/05
    • level: 100
    • rank: Master of the Universe
    • posts: 47,738
    Please direct all spoilers, speculation, voting sites, news, interviews, polls, wishlists, theories etc., concerning Season 7+ to this thread.

    Essentially, if it has anything to do with Season Seven stuff that hasn't happened yet, and there isn't an episode thread for it, it goes here.

    Enjoy!
    Edited on 05/03/2012 1:08pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Tegamdar

    Tegamdar

    [2]May 20, 2011
    • member since: 08/11/03
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 21
    I am hoping they will either A Find the "real God" or B, find a way to drain all of those souls out of Cas before he goes trigger happy (which sounds like is already gonna happen)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of frostbite200

    frostbite200

    [3]May 20, 2011
    • member since: 06/02/09
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 1,385
    Hope Sam's time in hell brings up more stuff then this plot, cos if they drop this plot next season i'm going to feel cheated. Plus, I thought I heard something about John Winchester in the finale?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Zawman13

    Zawman13

    [4]May 21, 2011
    • member since: 07/03/10
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 27

    The way the ending happened with Cas becoming the new God, i think the old God is going to come back in season 7, if not at the season break then at the end, and leading up to it will be another search for him, and the old God and Cas will have a showdown for the title of God. I also think Crowly(probablyspeltwrong) will have some part in locating the old God since Cas is set on killing him, its in his best interest.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AnimeMadness

    AnimeMadness

    [5]May 21, 2011
    • member since: 09/14/05
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 6,778
    A showdown between God and Cas seems likely. Even though God said He didn't care what happens in the apocalypse, would he care now that Cas is proclaiming himself to be the new God? Its basically a law for anyone not to worship another God. judging from the Passover story, God is pretty spiteful against anyone proclaiming themselves as one. Lucifer may have wanted to bring an end to the world, even he didn't call himself a god.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of yincheungleung

    yincheungleung

    [6]May 21, 2011
    • member since: 05/21/11
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1

    Well the soul fields are purgatory , hell and heaven ! so castiel got the conner office of heaven and purgartory i supposed ?? so he is stronger than micheal and lucifier combined coz i imagine micheal used to have the soul from heaven and lucifier from hell ! the possible ways to stop cas , i can think of is Death itseems he knowsthat already , of course real god , or may be both angels in the cage. or as Balthazar said holding too much souls leading to explode !!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ryuken1513

    ryuken1513

    [7]May 21, 2011
    • member since: 02/05/05
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 2
    Poor Balthazar, wont ever see him again
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of aussiemovieguy

    aussiemovieguy

    [8]May 21, 2011
    • member since: 11/28/08
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 62
    So first things first, how are they going to get away from Cas? surely Dean isn't the type to kneel to anyone. Maybe God will send them away again? If God does appear, I would prefer it to be once only and for a short time.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Mickis

    Mickis

    [9]May 21, 2011
    • member since: 11/16/05
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 41



    With the way season 6 ended, it left me feeling worried and kinda hopeless. I'm a big fan of Castiel, and I fear they're going to ruin his character. I think I know where they're going, but if I could make a wish and point them in a certain direction, this is how I would like to see season 7 play itself out.




    Castiel said he'd be a better God, but without his emotions to lead him he's wandered off the map of morality. He's vengeful and always looking for the greater good. Dean taught him that it's not about the greater good, but about saving as many people as you can on your way there. That part is now gone, and so Cas will be more like the old Testament God. You know, worship me or die. Stay on my team and I'll spoil you good, but work against me and I'll send you a flood or something. Dean and Sam will feel bad about having to take out their old friend. Maybe I could have saved him? Had I done this differently… blah blah blah. But Cas is too far gone, and after doing a bunch of crap that effects them on a personal level (maybe even killing Bobby?) the boys eventually WANT to see Cas dead. It's no longer about saving him from himself, but now it's personal. So they ally themselves with demons for more firepower (let's hope Crowley, because he needs more screentime) and even despite of their best efforts Cas is just too strong. It would be fun if Cas had several opportunities to squash the Winchesters, but is unable to do so. He justifies not getting rid of them by simply stating to himself that they pose no real threat. He is way more powerful and they are petty human beings. No reason to even lift a finger, but the viewers will hold on to the hope that Sam and Dean do still matter to him, even if he can't admit it to himself.


    Anyway, so God finally makes an appearance in the season finale. Because how are the boys gonna defeat Cas on that level? I doubt the colt would have much effect on him. So, to punish Cas, God pulls all those souls out of him, along with his grace. This leaves Cas human and powerless, with only his memories of his evildoings and bad decisions to torment him. God tells him that only when he's prooved himself worthy will he get his wings back, and that the road to redemption is a long and difficult path he must take by himself. So he's no longer part of the Winchester story. Not sure if Supernatural gets another season after that, it depends on the ratings I suppose, but even if they do Cas/Misha won't be part of it because he'll be off in his own spinoff, spoiling us with an hour worth of Cas every week. That would be golden. Fingers crossed everyone. This would-be spinoff has been mentioned my numerous fans before, and even though it's mostly wishful thinking, I can actually see things going this way. And also, wouldn't it be great if at the end of the Cas spinoff, after having earned his grace back, Castiel chooses to remain human? He'd be missing out on so many things if he got his wings back, and that would be – for me – the perfect way to end his character. Kinda like Disney's Hercules. He learned what is was like to be a true hero, and got his VIP ticket to Olympos, but chose to remain a human instead.



    Okay, so that was what I'm hoping for, having watched the season finale. But this is how I think things are going to happen. The first half of my predictions are pretty much identical. The boys trying to save Cas from himself, until he's pulled so much crap that they no longer have it in them to care and basically just want the f*cker dead. They hook up with demons and plot his death, but they fail again and again, and yet Cas never kills them, for the reasons I mentioned before. So eventually God does make an appearance, but he's not too keen on butting in. In fact, Supernatural's God seems to be all about free will, so he hands the Winchesters the tools they need to defeat Castiel, but the choice and pulling the trigger, so to speak, is left up to them. And shocker, of course the kill him. Or, actually, I think it's going to be Dean. And on his deathbed, the viewers will get a glimpse of the old Cas. The one who used to give a crap about things that we all got to know and love, and he thanks Dean for stopping him. And Dean will say something sappy yet Dean-ishly macho like "I always got your back. You know that." And that will be the end of Castiel. No spinoff, no coming back to life, just dead and staying dead. Who knows if the show gets another season after that, but if they do I don't think Misha will be coming back, and that will be Supernatural's downfall.



    What do you guys think will happen? Or how would you like to see things go in the next season?


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Judith9910

    Judith9910

    [10]May 21, 2011
    • member since: 04/11/10
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 3

    Mickis...can you go join the writing staff? I want the spinoff

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AnimeMadness

    AnimeMadness

    [11]May 21, 2011
    • member since: 09/14/05
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 6,778
    I don't want the boys to work for demons next season. They put up such a big stink about it this past season and they fought Cas tooth and nail all because he was working with Crowley. It seems cheap if they do so in season seven. Is anyone else annoyed that after everything Cas did for Dean and Sam they just reject him? What about when Sam was going dark side, Dean was able to forgive him, why can't he forgive Cas? And it's not like Dean ever said he would help Castiel to find another way..... Some brother...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Mickis

    Mickis

    [12]May 21, 2011
    • member since: 11/16/05
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 41

    Well, as much as I do love Sam and Dean (mostly Dean) they are both and have always been a couple of hypocrites, sorry to say.



    After reading the TV line thing, I fear Cas is only back for the first episode of season 7. And if that is the case then I'm gonna be pissed. You don't ruin a great character like Cas and turn him evil just so you can kill him off in a jiffy.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AnimeMadness

    AnimeMadness

    [13]May 21, 2011
    • member since: 09/14/05
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 6,778
    You're right they are hypocrites... Those jerks.... I still don't see how they could reduced his role... The episodes that don't have Castiel in them are just not as good as the ones he's in. I'm already pissed they went in this direction. They just threw Cas's character out the freaking window. And they said they weren't going to focus on the angels or Cas next season. Then what the hell are they going to do next season? They should have at least kept Balthazar.....
    Edited on 05/21/2011 11:00am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Mickis

    Mickis

    [14]May 21, 2011
    • member since: 11/16/05
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 41

    Judith9910 wrote:


    Mickis...can you go join the writing staff? I want the spinoff




    Haha. I'd love to. Can I leave you as reference if they ask? lol

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Mickis

    Mickis

    [15]May 21, 2011
    • member since: 11/16/05
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 41

    AnimeMadness wrote:
    You're right they are hypocrites... Those jerks.... I still don't see how they could reduced his role? The episodes that don't have Castiel in them are just not as good as the ones he's in. I'm already pissed they went in this direction. They just threw Cas's character out the freaking window. And they said they weren't going to focusmon the angels or Cas next season. Then what the hell are they going to do next season? They should have at least kept Balthazar.....



    Well, to be fair they kinda did wrap up the angel plots. I mean, Raphael and Balthazar are both dead, Lucifer and Michael are still trapped in the cage, and Cas has transcended angel status and moved on to self-proclaimed God, so technically they didn't lie. But yeah, if they kill off Cas what are they gonna fill an entire season of? Sam angsting over hell? And yes, the episodes with Cas are better. I've watched the show from the get-go, and although I thought the first half of the first season was kind of uh, silly, it quickly got crazy good once John Winchester was introduced to the story. And then season two and three were both good. But I personally think the show didn't truly pick itself up until season 4 and onward, after Castiel was introduced. By season 5 he had taken over Dean's 4 and a half year-spot as my favorite character, and anything without him these days just feel a bit empty to me.


    I'm hoping the changing him into a recurring character is nothing but a financial desicion. I mean, this season he got paid for all episodes, right? Even when he weren't in them? Isn't that why they're all so jealous of Misha? The guy gets paid even without showing up. So, theoretically, he can be downgraded to a recurring role and appear in more episodes than he did this past season. I'm hoping that's the case, so the character can be redeemed before Cas finally does leave the building, hopefully into a flat of his own. *cough*SPINOFF*cough*

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of puppybunny1

    puppybunny1

    [16]May 21, 2011
    • member since: 11/15/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 564

    http://www.tvfanatic.com/2011/05/supernatural-casting-surprise-misha-collins-out-as-a-series-regu/#more


    Castiel/Misha Collins will be out as a series regular. Sera and Company should wake up. Killing Castiel/Misha will end the show. Lots of fans will stop watching. I am hoping that he will be a recurring guest star like Heather Locklear on Melrose Place.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of brookeishot

    brookeishot

    [17]May 21, 2011
    • member since: 10/16/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 246
    Just because Misha Collins isn't a series regular doesn't mean he'll be dead by the end of the first episode. It seems like he's next season's big bad. Shows don't usually give the BB a lot of screen time because then the audience knows exactly what they are doing.

    They reveal parts of their plans, but leave gaping holes the the heroes and audience figure out along the way. He'll probably be in 6-10 episodes next year and will get a lot of time towards the end when things start coming to a head.

    As for how next season goes, Death rushing to the rescue would be a total cop out. While I love all his scenes and I hope they give him some screen time next year, I don't want him to be the solution. I also don't really want God to be the solution either. God sees and knows everything. He knows what Cas is doing. In SN, God doesn't seem to care too much so him being the solution also seems kinda like a cop out. Although the whole "You shalt have no other gods before me" commandment could be the reasoning for him coming back.

    If the solution was Michael and Lucifer...not gonna lie, it'd be interesting. Story-wise anyway. I doubt it happens. Sam and Dean are still the meatsuits they'd require and if they have the juice to off Cas, you can bet that once he's gone, the Apocalypse will be right back on. So I seriously doubt they go in that direction.

    Either way, I'm looking forward to it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AnimeMadness

    AnimeMadness

    [18]May 21, 2011
    • member since: 09/14/05
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 6,778
    Mickis wrote:

    AnimeMadness wrote:
    You're right they are hypocrites... Those jerks.... I still don't see how they could reduced his role? The episodes that don't have Castiel in them are just not as good as the ones he's in. I'm already pissed they went in this direction. They just threw Cas's character out the freaking window. And they said they weren't going to focusmon the angels or Cas next season. Then what the hell are they going to do next season? They should have at least kept Balthazar.....



    Well, to be fair they kinda did wrap up the angel plots. I mean, Raphael and Balthazar are both dead, Lucifer and Michael are still trapped in the cage, and Cas has transcended angel status and moved on to self-proclaimed God, so technically they didn't lie. But yeah, if they kill off Cas what are they gonna fill an entire season of? Sam angsting over hell? And yes, the episodes with Cas are better. I've watched the show from the get-go, and although I thought the first half of the first season was kind of uh, silly, it quickly got crazy good once John Winchester was introduced to the story. And then season two and three were both good. But I personally think the show didn't truly pick itself up until season 4 and onward, after Castiel was introduced. By season 5 he had taken over Dean's 4 and a half year-spot as my favorite character, and anything without him these days just feel a bit empty to me.


    I'm hoping the changing him into a recurring character is nothing but a financial desicion. I mean, this season he got paid for all episodes, right? Even when he weren't in them? Isn't that why they're all so jealous of Misha? The guy gets paid even without showing up. So, theoretically, he can be downgraded to a recurring role and appear in more episodes than he did this past season. I'm hoping that's the case, so the character can be redeemed before Cas finally does leave the building, hopefully into a flat of his own. *cough*SPINOFF*cough*



    I agree. I watched the series since the beginning too and I didn't become the diehard that I am now until season 4 all because of Castiel. I know the show is all about the brothers but the writers are really naive for thinking they can get by next season without Misha in it as much. I know the angel story line is wrapped up but that's what they said this season too. And honestly did anyone find the episodes with Misha in it more interesting then the ones he wasn't? I did. A majority of those episodes he's in were angel/ demon story lines...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AnimeMadness

    AnimeMadness

    [19]May 21, 2011
    • member since: 09/14/05
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 6,778
    brookeishot wrote:
    Just because Misha Collins isn't a series regular doesn't mean he'll be dead by the end of the first episode. It seems like he's next season's big bad. Shows don't usually give the BB a lot of screen time because then the audience knows exactly what they are doing.

    They reveal parts of their plans, but leave gaping holes the the heroes and audience figure out along the way. He'll probably be in 6-10 episodes next year and will get a lot of time towards the end when things start coming to a head.

    As for how next season goes, Death rushing to the rescue would be a total cop out. While I love all his scenes and I hope they give him some screen time next year, I don't want him to be the solution. I also don't really want God to be the solution either. God sees and knows everything. He knows what Cas is doing. In SN, God doesn't seem to care too much so him being the solution also seems kinda like a cop out. Although the whole "You shalt have no other gods before me" commandment could be the reasoning for him coming back.

    If the solution was Michael and Lucifer...not gonna lie, it'd be interesting. Story-wise anyway. I doubt it happens. Sam and Dean are still the meatsuits they'd require and if they have the juice to off Cas, you can bet that once he's gone, the Apocalypse will be right back on. So I seriously doubt they go in that direction.

    Either way, I'm looking forward to it.


    I'm not sure if Cas is going to be the big bad next season. Maybe that's what the writers want us to assume like they did with us thinking Eve was the big bad. But at least we knew season six was going to have something to with monster. For the life of me I can't figure out what they'll do next. Death saying he could possibly reap God might imply something but if they resort to that then it will be a cop out. Maybe the other Gods will step in or God will start caring again...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DouglasSouza0

    DouglasSouza0

    [20]May 21, 2011
    • member since: 11/25/09
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 23
    AnimeMadness wrote:

    I'm not sure if Cas is going to be the big bad next season. Maybe that's what the writers want us to assume like they did with us thinking Eve was the big bad. But at least we knew season six was going to have something to with monster. For the life of me I can't figure out what they'll do next. Death saying he could possibly reap God might imply something but if they resort to that then it will be a cop out. Maybe the other Gods will step in or God will start caring again...


    I think Cass will be a major preocupation but they'll lack the resources for even locating him so it'll be like a side quest..

    The Death and God thing was just an implication that there are other big fishes out there - even though there shouldn't be many more. On the other hand, it does let us know that God is not really dead as some angels said, so I can see a confrontation coming somewhere down the road..

    Cass is now full of power and perhaps thoughts that don't belong to him so the main issue will be how and who will stop that.

    Will Cass come to his senses? Will God put some sense into him? Will someone find a way to remove the souls from inside him?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.