Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Season 7+ News Speculation etc. Thread (including Season 8 renewal!)

yutg25

[21]May 21, 2011
    • level: 5

I've read that line and while its true that its sounds like Cas will be killed I don't think its gonna be in the premier episode. They turn Castiel into a super charged angel only to be killed off 30 minutes later No.

Castiel is Castiel. He'll try to do goodbut the road to hell is paved in them.

I think season 7 will play out in this manner. It will start off right where we left off of course Sam and Dean ain't gonna bow down and while they care for Cas I doubt Deans gonna say I love you to him (maybe there are slash fans who may like that but I doubt it.) The boys will get out of it and Cas will leave them alone for awhile (at least thefew hours he needs todeals with Raphs followers)

Cas declarations make me think that he will try a more hands on approachin his management of the planet. His final goal is to bring heaven to Earth. He'll try to right asmuch wrong as he can

1.meaning he'll probably organized demon killing units and hunt down the Lucifer loyalists and Crowley as well.

2. have angels actively "helping" peopleand smiting things.

3. Probably create a paradise falls where people are shiny happy and provided for.

Of course it all sounds good but Cas may get too effiecient. You know that kind of super righteousness that no one can measure up too. So he ends up killing more people. Which the boys will try and prevent where they can.

IN the Finale Cas will be frustrated that he'll do a "Noah's ark" well Dean's ark or Singer's autowhile he waste everything else.OR It may turnout that holding the souls of Purgatory is slowly poisoning Cas. First his drunkness for power as we've seen and he'll blowS up.

Maybe there will be one episode like the man who would be king that Cas will show that while he is doing his "good" deeds he was watching Sam and Dean and were secretly hoping they can stop him from going over the deep end.

THis is more general and mostly speculation on who will show up:

1. Crowley's probably thinking up a way to suck up Cas is supply.

2.Meg would probably try to run and hide to the Winchesters

3. Oh if Cas really is or close to what he claims he is I'm betting Dean will go to Death for help. (Of course he probablywon't interfere with Cas but I think it will be great to seehim in season 7). Hey maybe Athropos (or the other fates) will show up.

4. Mommy May show up again since her supply is tapped

Edited on 05/21/2011 9:24pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AnimeMadness

[22]May 21, 2011
    • level: 22
    I had a thought. Cas absorbed souls from purgatory right? Well they aren't nice souls, I'd assume so maybe the bad souls are influencing his mind?

AnimeMadness

[23]May 21, 2011
    • level: 22
    On a side note I just saw a commercial of Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman.................they need to get him on the show as God..........

Zawman13

[24]May 22, 2011
    • level: 3

AnimeMadness wrote:
    I had a thought. Cas absorbed souls from purgatory right? Well they aren't nice souls, I'd assume so maybe the bad souls are influencing his mind?

How quick you are to forget about Eleanor, bobby's ex/former purgatory native, who was not evil at all, and gave dean the sword to kill the dragons. So im sure its safe to say that not all the souls in purgatory are evil.

Toyincheungleung: Cas didn't get all the souls of heaven, if you remember from "the man who would be king" he had basically no power before Crowly lent him the, i believe it was, 10,000 souls. So maybe he'd get the new souls, but idt he gets the one's that probably poweredRaphael. Also Cas wont receive the souls sent to purgatory, he only has the one's that were already there, i guess he could open the doorway from time to time to get more power, but it isn't a flowing stream to him.

Also, i dont see how both michael and lucifer would be able to stop him, he is essentially a God, unaffected by Archangel blades, which, if you recall fromGabriel'sattempt to kill Lucifer in the episode with all the greek, norse, etc. gods, Gabriel sure thought it would kill Lucifer, and all Cas would have to do is snap his fingers and Lucifer and Michael would be dead.

I don't think death would be able to kill cas either, and i don't think he'd want to. Quite frankly i don't think death cares which one is God, since it seems he thinks he will outlast them all, with his statement that one day he would even reap "God", referring to the old God.

I still think the only way it will end is with a God vs God battle, or with the old God doing something to change Cas into a better God, before he dies and Cas becomes his replacement. I only suggest the second part as a possibility due to the second part of my previous point about death saying one day he'd reap God, and maybe he will in the next season before Cas becomes the new God. But again for this to happen i think that the old God will do something to make Cas a better/lessvengefulGod.

Ghost_loy

[25]May 22, 2011
    • level: 6
    Having old God fix Cas is a possibility, Old god was very much like Cas in the Old Testament, however he changed with time. Perhaps he can help Cas change.

johngons

[26]May 22, 2011
    • level: 2

I'm really looking forward to next season. Here's some plotlines I think/hope will happen given the events of the past:

- We still don't know what killed Lovecraft and his party guests. Whoever/Whatever it was obviouslty did not like the door to purgatory being opened and as such might be an ally for the boys next year.

- Bobby's professor lady friend who ended up being from purgatory (I forget her name) said that whenever the door opens something always falls through the crack. It's a pretty safe bet that when Cas opened the door that something(s) got loose before Cas harvested all the souls and are probably running amok on Earth.

- Death's mention that one day he'll "reap God" is the only reference ever made in the show on how God could die. The boys will probably go to Death for help at some point; Death will probably not help directly but spend an episode putting the boys through some test at which point Death will point them in the right direction.

- Sam remembering his time in hell really didn't contribute anything and wasn't at all necessary to how the ending of this season played out (purgatory open, Cas is God, Rafael dead) yet the writers felt it imperative that Sam remember. The only thing he experienced in hell was Michael and Lucifer so I'm betting that one or both of them get out of the cage. They'll want to restart the apocalypse but Cas became God for the sole reason of preventing the apocalypse. Cas won't like "his" new world being threatened so I think what's likely to happen is that Cas will clip Michael and Lucifer's wings and that "human" versions of the 2 archangels will have to work with the boys to stop Cas. From a storytelling aspect I think that would fascinating! The characters have always asked WHY things are the way they are and getting the perspectives of the archangels who ruled over heaven and hell throughout the season would be awesome IMHO!

brookeishot

[27]May 22, 2011
    • level: 7
    johngons wrote:

I'm really looking forward to next season. Here's some plotlines I think/hope will happen given the events of the past:

- We still don't know what killed Lovecraft and his party guests. Whoever/Whatever it was obviouslty did not like the door to purgatory being opened and as such might be an ally for the boys next year.

- Bobby's professor lady friend who ended up being from purgatory (I forget her name) said that whenever the door opens something always falls through the crack. It's a pretty safe bet that when Cas opened the door that something(s) got loose before Cas harvested all the souls and are probably running amok on Earth.

- Death's mention that one day he'll "reap God" is the only reference ever made in the show on how God could die. The boys will probably go to Death for help at some point; Death will probably not help directly but spend an episode putting the boys through some test at which point Death will point them in the right direction.

- Sam remembering his time in hell really didn't contribute anything and wasn't at all necessary to how the ending of this season played out (purgatory open, Cas is God, Rafael dead) yet the writers felt it imperative that Sam remember. The only thing he experienced in hell was Michael and Lucifer so I'm betting that one or both of them get out of the cage. They'll want to restart the apocalypse but Cas became God for the sole reason of preventing the apocalypse. Cas won't like "his" new world being threatened so I think what's likely to happen is that Cas will clip Michael and Lucifer's wings and that "human" versions of the 2 archangels will have to work with the boys to stop Cas. From a storytelling aspect I think that would fascinating! The characters have always asked WHY things are the way they are and getting the perspectives of the archangels who ruled over heaven and hell throughout the season would be awesome IMHO!

While I'm not sure about them getting out, I think the idea of human Michael and Lucy helping out (or trying to kill) the Winchesters could be great. Especially if they got the Same guy to play the devil, he's awesome. Maybe in the end, much like with Cas, Michael gets more human emotions and decides not to blow up the planet or something. In the end, the biggest problem with bringing those two back to help stop Cas, is what happens afterward. If they do stop him, the Winchesters would be back at square 1, trying to stop the Apocalypse, but without any angels on their side.

angelstarrose

[28]May 22, 2011

Mischa as a regular, was only in a handful of episodes, and sometimes only for 5-10 minutes it seemed. As a recurring who knows. Best case scenario, he's in more than last season. One way things could happen is for Sam and Dean to work at un souling Castiel, like Dean worked at re souling Sam this season. I can see them trying a way to get him, pin him down, and exorcise those souls right out of him. Then Cas would go back to his old self. Meanwhile as someone already mentioned, and Sarah kind of hinted at, some bigger badder thing has escaped and Castiel and the boys will have to kill it together. A better idea would be in the season opener the real God unseen steps up and un souls Cas, the door opens and the souls are sucked back into purgatory. Cas disappears, and the boys think he's dead. What they don't know is some of the souls escaped when the door was opened the first time, and are out there. Then, one day Balthazar shows up, God brought him back, and surprises Dean again telling him Cas is alive. Cas turned himself over to heaven and has been in a purgatory of his own making, a prison where he is going to atone for what he's done. Dean goes to see Cas and the two talk. Dean tells Cas he forgives him, and tells him when he's ready him and Sam will be there, because that s' what friends do. Then of course I'd like to see Castiel find out the boys are in trouble and realize that to truly atone he needs to get out of heaven, and do what he can to help fight the evil souls that are on earth, he had a part in releasing. He tries to leave but can't a new angel in charge refuses to let him. He does escape though, and shows up to help the boys. I hope to see Crowley still around to taunt the guys, and it'd be great if some famous baddest souls like Jack the Ripper were running around loose, but then he'd be in Hell, or wait no, Crowley gave Cas some souls didn't he. So who knows who he gave him. Maybe they'd be released when God un souls him. Wow, I'd love to see this, lol.

puppybunny1

[29]May 23, 2011
    • level: 13

I am speculating that Castiel cannot handle all of the evil souls in him and explodes. That will end the Castiel storyline. Sera Gamble did say that Misha will be in the premier for Season 7. She didn't say anything else.

gatoraderising

[30]May 23, 2011
    • level: 7
    How are Sam,Dean and Bobby going to get away from Cas. Last we saw them they were kinda trapped with a very pissed former Angel now calling himself the New God.

Will Cas leave them be for right now to take care of the Angel's who still support Raphael. Or will the real God zap them out of harm's way again like he did at the start of season 5.

What do you guy's think?

GHZSD

[31]May 23, 2011
    • level: 1

I would like to speculate that with the Devil gone and Castiel now proclaiming to be the new God, this might be how the last fallen angel became the devil. Think about it, he is packed full of evil souls from hell and purgatory and has become a smiting vengful "god"

could Castiel be the next Devil?

dpebbleson

[32]May 23, 2011
    • level: 23
    gatoraderising wrote:
    How are Sam,Dean and Bobby going to get away from Cas. Last we saw them they were kinda trapped with a very pissed former Angel now calling himself the New God.

Will Cas leave them be for right now to take care of the Angel's who still support Raphael. Or will the real God zap them out of harm's way again like he did at the start of season 5.

What do you guy's think?

I wrote back in another thread that is suspiciously missing (I suspect moderating action), but here's what I think.

They'll try to be at least calm and peaceful, so Castiel leaves them alone and goes off. Then they'll start plotting against him. Maybe they even pledge allegiance because that's the only way to survive and hit back at the next back opportunity.

I don't think God will zap them out, but I think there's potential for his involvement next season.

Rd_Dude

[33]May 23, 2011
    • level: 4

GHZSD wrote:

I would like to speculate that with the Devil gone and Castiel now proclaiming to be the new God, this might be how the last fallen angel became the devil. Think about it, he is packed full of evil souls from hell and purgatory and has become a smiting vengful "god"

That would be interesting

jagh55

[34]May 23, 2011
    In season seven, I want ADAM back! =P

El_Schemo

[35]May 24, 2011

Season 7 should be interesting. I nearly **** myself during that finale. Cas is declaring himself the new God, and threatens to destroy anyone who doesn't worship him? Wow. Just wow.

Now, I think Crowley is gonna try and ally with the Winchesters for this. He is by no means an unintelligent demon, and undoubtedly realizes there's no way in hell he's gonna be able to live through this without help. He's probably not going to try to suck up to Cas, because I don't doubt that Cas would smite him on sight, no questions asked.

Speaking of Cas, holy friggin' crap. I don't know how the Winchesters are going to get out of this one. As we've seen, the angel blade no longer affects Castiel, so I think it's not a stretch to assume that neither will holy fire or enochian warding sigils. I could see the Winchesters trying to get Death's help, or else trying to get Joshua to get God's help.

yutg25

[36]May 24, 2011

gatoraderising Oh yes they need somebody to get them away from Cas. UNless Dean is gonna drop down to his knees and submit to Cas.

GHZSD wrote:

I think Cas will try to be the new God but end up being the devil. Cas will try to bring heaven on earth but will kill more people.

Zawman13

[37]May 25, 2011
    • level: 3

GHZSD wrote:

He can't be the devil, he can be devil like, remember, the devil never had all the powers of God, he was just a powerful Archangel like Michael, but not Godlike.

sawannaker

[38]May 25, 2011
    • level: 2
    Hey Everyone,
    Just my thoughts. In the episode where Death puts up the barrier in Sam, Death seems quite eager for Dean and Sam to keep digging and says that it is about the souls and that they would understand when they need to. I haven't seen any mention so far as to why Death would be interested in this, or why he wanted the boys to keep digging, and so I think this will be addressed in the seventh season and could even be the major story arc of the season.

I'm not sure whether they will bring back the old god, but if they do that would be awesome. And I would be curious how the old god's power compares to cas' power.

Some of you mentioned that Cas was going to kill Crowley, but this is not the case. Castiel let Crowley go in the season finale and Raphael asks why and Castiel says that he has plans for Crowley, so I think this will also play a major part in the next season.

I can't wait!!!

oxohydroxo

[39]May 25, 2011

johngons wrote:

Dude what show have you been watching? Lovecraft was killed by the being that took over the witness's mother, the one that survived the ritual, and later dated Bobby Singer. How could anything escape the attention of Cas, with his godlike powers now? Being god and have godlike powers are two different things, i am sure Death referred to the actual christian god. As to all the people who say the souls have some kinda of influence, they are glorified batteries, small "nuclear reactors, once you own them u can use their power however you want. There was never ever any mentioning beyond that in the lore. @yutg25 Why would Cas hunt Crowley? He explicitly said he has plans for him...

Edited on 05/25/2011 3:29pm

oxohydroxo

[40]May 25, 2011
    sawannaker wrote:
    Hey Everyone,
    Just my thoughts. In the episode where Death puts up the barrier in Sam, Death seems quite eager for Dean and Sam to keep digging and says that it is about the souls and that they would understand when they need to. I haven't seen any mention so far as to why Death would be interested in this, or why he wanted the boys to keep digging, and so I think this will be addressed in the seventh season and could even be the major story arc of the season.

I'm not sure whether they will bring back the old god, but if they do that would be awesome. And I would be curious how the old god's power compares to cas' power.

Some of you mentioned that Cas was going to kill Crowley, but this is not the case. Castiel let Crowley go in the season finale and Raphael asks why and Castiel says that he has plans for Crowley, so I think this will also play a major part in the next season.

I can't wait!!!

Death's interest in this is plain simple: Don't mess with the natural order. And Cas playing god, practically emptying purgatory is a major pain in the ass for Death, because as he pointed out to Dean in that episode, he is the one who has to clean up the mess. As to bringing back god, i would gladly welcome him in the form of Chuck, who i presume was God, when he disappeared after finishing the last chapter of season 5.