Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Season 7+ News Speculation etc. Thread (including Season 8 renewal!)

yutg25

[41]May 25, 2011
    • level: 5

Zawman13 wrote:

GHZSD wrote:

I would like to speculate that with the Devil gone and Castiel now proclaiming to be the new God, this might be how the last fallen angel became the devil. Think about it, he is packed full of evil souls from hell and purgatory and has become a smiting vengful "god"

could Castiel be the next Devil?

He can't be the devil, he can be devil like, remember, the devil never had all the powers of God, he was just a powerful Archangel like Michael, but not Godlike.

Just cuz Cas has 30 million souls and can waste archangels with a snap of his fingers doesn't mean he's God. He just thinks he is. which in a way is a devil. Another similarity with Lucifer. Lucifer blew up Cas the same way Cas blew up Raphael.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gatoraderising

[42]May 26, 2011
    • level: 7
    GHZSD wrote:

I would like to speculate that with the Devil gone and Castiel now proclaiming to be the new God, this might be how the last fallen angel became the devil. Think about it, he is packed full of evil souls from hell and purgatory and has become a smiting vengful "god"

could Castiel be the next Devil?

Lucifer become a fallen angel because he wouldn't love human's more then God then he went and twist Lilith into the first demon. That's how he got his ass thrown in the cage by Michael. He never sucked up souls like Cas

Really the Devil a.k.a. Lucifer isnt gone he's in the same place he's been ever since his fall the cage.

brookeishot

[43]May 26, 2011

oxohydroxo wrote:
    Death's interest in this is plain simple: Don't mess with the natural order. And Cas playing god, practically emptying purgatory is a major pain in the ass for Death, because as he pointed out to Dean in that episode, he is the one who has to clean up the mess. As to bringing back god, i would gladly welcome him in the form of Chuck, who i presume was God, when he disappeared after finishing the last chapter of season 5.

So God likes hookers and booze? Interesting.

Also Dean's pendant thing was supposed to be able to detect God, which he wore around Chuck. I'm not saying its impossible, but I don't think Chuck is God. I think Chuck is Chuck, the Prophet. As to his disappearing, in the Old Testament, the prophet Elijah didn't actually die. He was carried away to the heavens in a fiery chariot. I think that is more or less what happened to Chuck, just without the chariot.

englishshewolf

[44]May 27, 2011
    • level: 14

brookeishot wrote:

oxohydroxo wrote:
    Death's interest in this is plain simple: Don't mess with the natural order. And Cas playing god, practically emptying purgatory is a major pain in the ass for Death, because as he pointed out to Dean in that episode, he is the one who has to clean up the mess. As to bringing back god, i would gladly welcome him in the form of Chuck, who i presume was God, when he disappeared after finishing the last chapter of season 5.

Also Dean's pendant thing was supposed to be able to detect God, which he wore around Chuck. I'm not saying its impossible, but I don't think Chuck is God. I think Chuck is Chuck, the Prophet. As to his disappearing, in the Old Testament, the prophet Elijah didn't actually die. He was carried away to the heavens in a fiery chariot. I think that is more or less what happened to Chuck, just without the chariot.

Dean had a conversation with Chuck that was quite telling. Chuck did like hookers but respected Becky to much to have a relationship with her. Dean pointed out that Chuck 'Had a real Virgin / Whore thing. I think that was a nod/hint to the two Marys in the Bible.

I think Chuck was mostly Chuck but when he drank and wrote the Gospels he literally had God in him. He is possessed by God to a degree who puts the images in his mind and the desire to write/ speak them ( these visions and desire to write them down probably make all the prophets kind of drinking weirdo types) but God can also possess him fully like he did at the end. I think the pendant either didn't work or it only applies when Chuck is possessed and dreaming his Gospels. I doubt Dean was ever in his bedroom whilst he slept so it's a safe bed it didn't go off.

I like the idea that all the Prophets might be related and are God's Vessels on earth.

yutg25

[45]May 27, 2011
    • level: 5

I don't know whether Chuck is God or not but If an actor was hired to play God it will probably be one of these 3 in my view:

1. Chuck.Prophet of God so he has it within him. The pendant didn't work cuz he's god a paper clip would have detected him if he wanted to. I think its the best bet at this point that the boys will try to look for Chuck. With no angel to get them to heaven and Cas "sick" theres really only one person (human they can call to get a line on the true God)

2. John Winchester I read a lot post that argue to this point.

3. The Angel Joshua he has an air of wisdom about him that could play to it.

gatoraderising

[46]May 27, 2011
    brookeishot wrote:

oxohydroxo wrote:

Well like Joshua told Sam and Dean the pendant won't work to find God. After Elijah was carried to the heaven's later in the bible he writes some king a letter and I think they talk about his death in the bible too.

"No one has ascended into the heaven but he who descended from heaven, the Son of man."

Avi1231

[47]May 27, 2011
    • level: 1
    I was actually talking this over with my fiancee a bit. I hypothesized that if Castiel absorbing souls gave him tons of power what if the "real god" is legit dead because he released all of his power to give humans their souls and this "killed" him. I mean, they haven't delved too deep into detail on god's most recent doings and if no one's seen him since my people first lived in my homeland then I'd say he might actually just be straight dead. Hell, maybe that's why no one's seen him in real life.

ral4884

[48]May 27, 2011
    Ghost_loy wrote:
    Having old God fix Cas is a possibility, Old god was very much like Cas in the Old Testament, however he changed with time. Perhaps he can help Cas change.

Remember God fixed Sams need for drinking blood. I bet he can fix Cas as well.

ral4884

[49]May 27, 2011

The only thing he experienced in hell was Michael and Lucifer so I'm betting that one or both of them get out of the cage. They'll want to restart the apocalypse but Cas became God for the sole reason of preventing the apocalypse. Cas won't like "his" new world being threatened so I think what's likely to happen is that Cas will clip Michael and Lucifer's wings and that "human" versions of the 2 archangels will have to work with the boys to stop Cas. From a storytelling aspect I think that would fascinating! The characters have always asked WHY things are the way they are and getting the perspectives of the archangels who ruled over heaven and hell throughout the season would be awesome IMHO!

[/QUOTE] Interesting idea. I can see them getting out in the 1st episode next year. Castiel purposely lets them out and kills them both to demonstrate his power. Which would suck because i would lolve it if micheal and lucifer both got out. Esp if Mark Pellegrino played Lucy again.

ral4884

[50]May 27, 2011

Also, love all the people thinking Castiel would snap his fingers and kill Lucifer and micheal. Lucifer would run him into the ground. Just because he got a power up doesnt mean hes a god...Just because he says hes the new god doesnt mean he is a GOD.... hes just more powerful. Lucifer and Micheal are definetly more powerful. Case closed. lol

lostcause78

[51]Jun 6, 2011
    • level: 9

Not sure you can call case closed on that, we don't really know how the "rules" of powerups go in heaven hehe.

It's safe to assume that he is more than just a selfproclaimed title, or he'd have done so a long time ago.

Something more must have happened to him in terms of power to make him proclaim so. I think Luci and Michael might be defiant, but not able to do overly much about it head to head.

edit: at any rate, I am a huge Cas fan, he better not be the big bad in season 7 or I'll have a hard time wanting to watch the Winchesters spend all season trying to bring him down.

Edited on 06/06/2011 6:47am

I_Want_Pie

[52]Jun 6, 2011
    • level: 6
    Cas has millions of souls inside of him. How sure are we that he is even driving the ship anymore? The true (albeit darker and misguided Cas) may very well be buried somewhere in the meat suit but not in control. Think demonic possession. Either the collective of souls have control or one very powerful soul does.

I think the boys and Bobby escape Cas when the true Cas fights to the surface and asks the boys to either save him or kill him (going back to the basics of the show before teleporting away).

englishshewolf

[53]Jun 20, 2011
    • level: 14

I don't know about anyone else but i'm concerned about the lack of spoilers for season 7. They start filming very soon and the only comment we've had so far was from Sara who said, when asked about another Meta episode that she wasn't against the idea if one was pitched. Which means nothing meta has thus far been pitched . Big Whup!

At the end of last season the writers were told to watch Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid because that was to be the mood for this season and whilst i'd welcome back the happy brotherly bond and the B1tch jokes it hardly constitutes a season long plot. Two outlaws on the run who kill more people when they do right than wrong has been the premise from the begining so I don't know what the film will to add to the show that isn't already there to be honest. It doesn't sound like i'll get my wish of fallen Cas in the back of the Impala that's for sure.

If it was up to me the writers would have been made to watch The Three Musketeers before they were allowed to pick up their pens and then they'd have a whole new funny and complex dynamic to play with.

Then we wouldn't have to suffer isolated Super powered third wheel Cas again like we did for seasons 5/6 or what most suspect is likely that new Big Bad dies in the first to third episode.

All Supernatural ever does is introduce great new characters and then get too scared to let them get close to Sam or Dean so have to write them out because they are not central to to the plot.

I miss you Bella , Becky, Trickster, Ellen, Bal and especially Chuck

Say what you want about Joss Whedon but the guy was not afraid to turn his shows into an ensemble cast production of well loved characters whilst still taking risks with their story. Some of the side character episodes where my favourites.... Cordelia's alternate universe and Vampire Willow were great.

If I wrote the show season 7 would be post apocalyptic and they'd all live at Camp Chitaqua together.

bush101dan

[54]Jun 21, 2011
    • level: 3

got no clue how they gonna get out off the mess there in at the end of season 6

i thing is i cant understand why everyone love cas so much i have liked alot of characters that they have killed

off and the show got better and better if cas goes the show will go on and new characters will come in

the angel stories have been quality but the enemies sam and dean have come up againest have got stronger and stronger

now cas is a god what next the trouble with all these powerful enemies all the seasons are about are sam and dean tryin to find the one thing to kill them or it i would like some creative thinkin in the next season they are hunters alltheyseem to hunt isweapons bones ashes eg. get them hunting something nasty again

kpbenfield

[55]Jun 22, 2011
    I thought that Eve was bad though... and i kinda hope cas dies... i mean he used to be like my favorite person(other than dean) but now he is just kinda boring.

lostcause78

[56]Jun 23, 2011
    • level: 9
    englishshewolf wrote:

Say what you want about Joss Whedon but the guy was not afraid to turn his shows into an ensemble cast production of well loved characters whilst still taking risks with their story. Some of the side character episodes where my favourites.... Cordelia's alternate universe and Vampire Willow were great.

If I wrote the show season 7 would be post apocalyptic and they'd all live at Camp Chitaqua together.

JW is amazing at introducing characters and plot. But I do find he crumbles time and time again when he needs to wrap up a story, it always dwindle in quality towards the end of his material, IMHO ofcourse

As for next season I still would love to see them get back to the good old feeling they had before it became apocalyptic and angels started causing a riot.
    Just a season of stopping/rescuing Cas from himself and finding their mom and dad finally. It'll take some guts to downscale the scene of the show, but it's a small wish from me that they will

Calaino

[57]Jun 28, 2011
    I don`t think, that Lucifer come back. Because Cas told Dean once, that, if an angel get onte time a permission to use somebody as a vessel, he always can takeover the person again. So if Lucifer comes free, he just have to slip into Sams body. Wouldn`t be good.

I like the idea of Cas looses his grace in the end and have to earn it back. Cause in this case they could make season 8 a "normal" season with the old enemies and don`t have to pull out some new.

BTW it won`t fit, if god will show up now. It is more possible that Death do something indirectly to solve the problem.

In the end it is just important, that they don`t kill Castiel.

Legs_01

[58]Jul 1, 2011
    • level: 4

personally I feel that Cas will hunt down God now as a sort of misguided son seeking his runaway father to get an explaination for letting him down all those times in the past.

Then I think it will end in one big massive fight maybe God killing Cas or Cas killing God and it using up all his new power to do so then we get Death showing up again to reap God and give us all some forboding news like Lucifer and micheal are free from the cage as it was Gods will that made the cage in the 1st place and with him dead the cage is gone, and that after all their time in the pit they have decided to work together to kill Sam and Dean then restart the end of the world :p

basenji529

[59]Jul 1, 2011
    • level: 15

yutg25 wrote:

Just cuz Cas has 30 million souls and can waste archangels with a snap of his fingers doesn't mean he's God. He just thinks he is. which in a way is a devil. Another similarity with Lucifer. Lucifer blew up Cas the same way Cas blew up Raphael.

No, no, no, the meme is either infinity kajillion, over nine thousand, or at least a hundred.

Michellexx

[60]Jul 1, 2011
    • level: 8
    i asuming when ever Cas gets 'de souled' or loses his grace anything to give him a even playing field with Sam. Personally i want Sam to punch up Cas, like Cas did to Dean in the 100th episode. I hope the writers don't skip past Sams pain in remembering hell and i kinda want him to take it out on Cas (don't get me wrong i