Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Season 7+ News Speculation etc. Thread (including Season 8 renewal!)

EmblemOfEternal

[61]Jul 2, 2011
    • level: 2

on 7th season they should have an episode where would be this song God be with you by The Cranberries its like Supernatural all over - the lyrics - the tone - the song it self ooh maybe a Gabriel could make a comeback in 7th(i think GabrielĀ“s character has lots of potential) -something like: man(humankind) is in trouble Winchesters a are down, new evil has risen -> Gabriel and Lucifer(id like to see Lucifer with the good guys)to the rescue ok ok ok maybe not the best suggestion but dont shoot me down okay? its my first post here the song is pretty cool though... right?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lostcause78

[62]Jul 2, 2011
    • level: 9
    So any news? shooting is about to start but there are basicly no hints of the story line or arc?

I'm not sure if this is good or bad news hehe

MistySchmidt

[63]Jul 5, 2011
    • level: 1

Okay I read through a lot of the posts, but didn't read every word. So no offenses meant here.

I would have to recap some here, so gonna watch up a bit more, was just going starting into 4(I probably watch the show toorepetitively...lol), but I always like to recap after the end of the season.

Last time we saw God, aka "Chuck Shurley" the prophet, he narrates the last episode of season 5. After Sam gets hold of Lucifer for the moment. Cas reappears and heals Dean then resurrects Bobby. He ends the episode and the season with updates on the remaining players and of course we see Sam poof back at the end there. And as too my guess that Chuck is God, never heard any mythology on prophets that vanish. I think the biggest point here was his supporting role in allowing humans their own ability to chose their own fate.

If they do, and I can't say that they will, bring God back, I don't see this whole smack down factor other then the reason he didn't jump in the gambit while the brothers were dealing with the Lucifer/Michael situation is because he wanted them to chose what the future held for mankind. But maybe I'm wrong and Chuck really is just a vanishing prophet and there is some otherexplanationof who or where God has been during the last minute tie up to 5. I think God should resurrect Gabriel, aka The Trickster or Loki, I think he'd have a fun time knocking Cas down a level...but it seems we areofficiallyrunning out of Arch Angels unless the start introducing the rest, but I'm seeing a lot of "Arch-Angels" that don't seem to be actual Arch Angels, so maybe they're really running out due to renaming. According to the list I found there's 7(I am assuming that once Lucifer fell he got axed from the list because I thought that he was as well.) But the list I found is Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, Uriel, Raquel, Remiel, and Saraqael. Saw a reference that Zachariah was an Arch Angel in a Supernatural recap. Direct quote from the recap "Chuck always has the archangel Zachariah looking over his shoulder".

I'm not sure where they are going with all of this, but I wouldn't mind seeing Anna, Chuck, and Gabriel coming back to keep Cas from going into a complete tail-spin. Since they technically just don't bring back to many humans, I think they could spin it. Maybe even bring back Balthazar. Just to name a few since theybroughtback so many at the end of season 5. I'd like to see it go back to the old fashion monster hunting, seems like its all just 1 step to the next hoping something that hits actually shines through. I miss the old fashion hunting when they weren't battling back and forth between Heaven and Hell.

Love the show, and I'll keep watching it, but I don't think it'll hang on to the fan mass it has now if it doesn't make a good turn with the new season.

coketv

[64]Jul 7, 2011
    i think it will b death or chuck 2 take down cas

lostcause78

[65]Jul 7, 2011
    Wasn't it Raphael on Chucks shoulder btw? Always what I thought at least

basenji529

[66]Jul 7, 2011
    • level: 15

coketv wrote:
    i think it will b death or chuck 2 take down cas

Depends on how much Cas does to anger Death, and even then, it'll be the Cerberus thing again. (Hades lending Cerberus to Hercules so he could complete his last labor. Seriously.)

coketv

[67]Jul 9, 2011
    they never mentiion which arc angel is wit chuck
    also i thought chuck was god after he disappears in swan song ne1 hav confirmation 1 way or the other please let me no

lostcause78

[68]Jul 9, 2011

It can't really be anyone but Raphael. And on the Supernatural wiki in the canon section he's named as Chucks Archangel.

So I'll go with logic and the lore

as for wether or not Chuck is god. Simple and short answer is: Yes. The actor himself confirmed he was God. Wether they change this in the show, or God will appear in another guise in coming seasons, that's unknown. but the Chuck of season 4&5 was God on Earth/Jesus, just as the tons of hints suggests in his episodes

Edited on 07/09/2011 4:26am

tvtome_xena321

[69]Jul 12, 2011
    • level: 27
    http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/07/supernatural-season-7-snippets-from.html

23 episodes this season, and likely a 2-hour final. I recall WB did this with Charmed a few times giving them a proper 2-hour final, not just double episodes.
    Edited on 07/12/2011 3:30am

jack756

[70]Jul 13, 2011
    • level: 14

everyone heres probbley knws i hate season 6 but i am looking forward to season 7..ive read through everyone comments and read everything..i have so many mixed emotions bout season 7 ill try and sort them out.

1.i dont knw why everyone is loving cas.im not a fan of his..season 4 i was like okay there doing someting new.season 5 it was like okay there wrapping up the story.s6 was basically dragging the angel story out more and more..now season 7 seems to be going that way.im getting sick of this angel crap stuff and cas is fueling my hate for the angels on this show and him........now to what i want for season 7,cas has suck up souls who arent all evil (has some have said) and now his power hungry.i hope he dies on this season...ppl have said the show will end no it wont itll keep going.the show has killed so many characters i like and the show still goes on.....but somehow bobby and cas gets a free ride it annoys me so much.im ready for cas to die(bring adam,chuck,bela,and bathalzar back..i would have said anna but they jus ruined her and i liked her so much more than casb/c she used her own mind.she wasnt like lucifier who hated humans she just wanted to be a human..i hate the factcas turned her in and then the angelsbrainwashed her to kill sma and dean mom and dad.man i hate cas)

2.how are they gone handle this sam thing.i wish they would jus drop it b/c we done seen it with dean so its gonna be a dragged out for me but i wish they could drop it and have sam deal with it better than dean but i doubt it.

3.how are sam,dean,and bobby gone get out of there.cas basically wants them to bow and kiss his hands and say i love u or be destoryed.im guessing they gone do it.

4.i dont knw if god will show up and kill cas or not.some fans have said dean,john,or chuck maybe god.i dont knw what to think but i do think god will appear in season 7.

im sorry if i sound very mean but seaon 6 was a mess and the writers have alot of stuff to fix in season 7 and make this show worth watching again. and gets this show doing something fresh again b/c honestly i dont know how much longer i can hold on 2 this show seeing that the cw aint gone cancel this show anytime soon(i dont want it to be cancel it just need to be fresh again and come with something new or ended it already)

Edited on 07/13/2011 7:42pm

lostcause78

[71]Jul 15, 2011

ok so far we know... (spoilers I guess below)

- Cas has gone from guest star to recurring guest star, so far only confirmed for 2 episodes (the first two)

- This would suggest he's not to be the big bad next season.

- Sera won't rule out a tale of redemption for Cas, yet to be determined what his fate will be I suppose

- The Winchesters will be up against something brand new, their old tricks and weapons not getting the job done.

- It'll be a bit back to the roots as far as mood and story goes (yay from me!)

- It'll have a Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid feel to it, as in feeling the new/modern world closing in around them, the world as they know it disappearing.

Does anyone think this sounds like a final season?

Edited on 07/15/2011 5:26pm

tvtome_xena321

[72]Jul 15, 2011
    • level: 27

Just because he isn't in many episodes doesn't mean hes not the big bad, most big bads don't even appear in more than 5 episodes a season, maybe less. But I dont think hes the the big bad. I dont know if this is the final season, but getting an extra hour doesn't mean it will be. It will just mean this is the first true 2-parter/2-hour we will have.

lostcause78

[73]Jul 15, 2011
    No it's the overall theme of the season that makes me think it's the final season. Sort of the age of the hunter coming to an end.

As for Cas being big bad or not, my point is it's the 2 first comfirmed and signed. If he was the BB, at least the last episode would be sure as well and signed as well

Michellexx

[74]Jul 16, 2011
    • level: 8
    i can't wait for the episode jensen is directing! sam centric and the wonderful cute mr collin ford is coming back in the episode to play younger sam i love flashbacks

englishshewolf

[75]Jul 21, 2011
    • level: 14

SPOILERS.............................Ahead

There are pictures taken on set in Van

Cas is in a garden ( Autistic Boys Heaven?) he is with other Angels. A later pic shows all the Angels on the ground, dead I presume.

Edited on 07/21/2011 1:28am
    Edited 2 total times.

SohiHien

[76]Jul 24, 2011
    • level: 8
    Spoilers!!

Ok I just read an article about Sam getting some long lost love interest, which once again I think is a horrible idea, how many times do they have to do this to realize that it never works? Everyone hates every female love interest. I also wonder where this long lost love came from? I'm thinking it must be from before Jessica, meaning that she is a normal person and would therefore potentially be tagging along with them or something. Thats the only time since the show that there could have been some sort of serious relationship for Sam that Dean and us wouldn't be aware of. Any other time with a long jump in time he was either obsessed with ruby or souless (where I don't think he could have an actual relationship at that point, who would want to date a souless jerk like Sam was? ). Anyway I'm not sure when she gets added and how much she will be in it and I'm not sure what to think of it. I really would like after blood junkie sam and souless sam and then everything with Cas to have some episodes of the boys on the road dealing with a new big bad, or even just monster of the week. No love interest tag alongs.

lostcause78

[77]Jul 24, 2011

From Comic con:

- Firstly probably the most asked and wondered question around these days has been answered: There will be a big bad this season. They'll have to deal with that, and it's not Castiel or Crowley.

- Sera Gamble: The new big bad is really going to show it's face in the second episode and Sheriff Mills will be involved with that. She'll come to Bobby for help. - They don't want to give too much away, but they have big plans for crowley (like the sound of that) Ben Edlund: Castiel's story starts with him stabilizing his God complex, but he wouldn't go into too many details. "The first episode of the next season is almost the 23rd episode of last season. Castiel is pissed at God for not being there and he has to deal with what to do with this unlimited power.

- Cas will be doing a LOT of smiting. And will also get to "fix the wrongs his dad did". He still feels abandoned by God.

- Sera Gamble: We want to tell you everything we can, but we can't say any more than Castiel will be in first few eps

- Sera Gamble: Chuck wont appear in the first part of the year/season. (I like how she almost confirms he'll be there in the later half )

- Jensen regarding Lisa&Ben: That is never going to be a part of Deans life. So you can all put your fears to rest, seems they are not going to try introducing them back as a family again.

- Ben Edlund: To say Dean no longer cares for Cas is an insult to Deans morals and character. That's why he'll take the loss of their friendship very hard.

- Sera Gamble: Dean has a lot to deal with in the early part of the season. He's suffered a great amount of loss and is going to do some serious soul searching in the beginning of the season. It's going to be really hard for him. He's going to keep asking himself why he keeps doing what he does.

- Ben Edlund: Sam and Dean are going to have a very tough year. They have to learn new tricks and evolve. "This season is about challenging them as hunters. Previous seasons have often been about challenging them as brothers as humans." They're going to have some professional difficulties.

- Jo will be returning

- S7 looks to be the scariest season so far.

- A new friend of Bobbys will be introduced, a conspiracy theorist

- At least 1 new creature we haven't seen before; with origins in japanese folklore

- The ghostfacers will be back, one way or another.

- Sam will have severe complications due to the wall being down. He'll have difficulties realsing what is dream and what is real, and experience a real breakdown

I think that's about all I've dug up, now contemplate away!

Edited on 07/24/2011 9:24pm

wadah2

[78]Jul 25, 2011
    • level: 2
    Good point and i hope they do bring him back

elias_jacobson

[79]Jul 26, 2011
    • level: 5
    I prefer the writers focus more on standalone stories rather than complex storylines ala First Season. It was really more watchable. What do you think?

lostcause78

[80]Jul 26, 2011
    I agree completely, and always wished they'd at some point take it so far up, so complex that they had to do sort of a reboot and clean the slate.

Seems they are doing jsut that in season 7, so am looking forward to see if they manage to pull it off