TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Season 7+ News Speculation etc. Thread (including Season 8 renewal!)

SohiHien

[101]Aug 5, 2011
    • level: 8
    coketv wrote:
    i think the love interest 4 sam will b sarah from the arthouse ( the episode where dat creepy little girl comes out of the painting)
    and also earlier i said that cas didn't say who chucks arcangel was in the monster at the end of thebook and he didn't but he did say raph was the one killed him later on

No Sam's love interest is a new person, I can't remember the name of the actress but I think she's from battlestar galactica or something. She's somebody that I'm guessing Sam knew from before Jessica.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lachlan_j_g

[102]Aug 10, 2011
    • level: 11
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernatural_(season_7)

so excited right now

lostcause78

[103]Aug 10, 2011
    • level: 9
    So sammy is getting his own Lisa and Ben? That should make tempers rise in lots of fans

Beecharm3r2

[104]Aug 10, 2011
    • level: 8
    lostcause78 wrote:
    So sammy is getting his own Lisa and Ben? That should make tempers rise in lots of fans

If the woman (and IF she has a kid) were well-written with decent actors and wasn't done like a soap opera, then I don't think there'd be a problem. Someone above mentioned Sarah as a possibility. I liked her and Sammy together and that would be a good option. Personally, I don't care who is with who as long as its well-written with decent actors.

lostcause78

[105]Aug 11, 2011
    It'll be a new girl, time will tell if she acts well and they have the chemistry

jack756

[106]Aug 11, 2011
    • level: 14
    lostcause78 wrote:
    ur actually right.im thinking right now why are the writers keep trying to do that knowing fans arent going to like this at all... even if the character written well most fans aint gone like it...its bad enough the writers cant stick to their guns and keep characters around(ex:bela,anna,rufus,ellen) but to keep bringing in this lovey dovey family type thing isnt working simply b/c thats not supernatural.supernatural as never been a lovey dovey family show i mean look at what happened to lisa/ben and how fans took that.i wonder do the writers even read what fans think or do they read what fans think too much..

lostcause78

[107]Aug 11, 2011
    I think the writers know it, to be honest I can easily imagine someone higher up demanding some sort of love interest included in the show, and they most likely aren't reading what the fans want. They just have a show formula they follow to the T

basenji529

[108]Aug 11, 2011
    • level: 15

lostcause78 wrote:

You'd think TPTB would've learned.

samael13

[109]Aug 13, 2011
    • level: 2

I don't know anymore...SPN was so poor in season six,I am uncertain that it can be recovered. Avid fans always proclaim that anyone who believes the show has taken a qualitative hit in the past year are not "True Fans." ButI have watched since seasonone, and things are definitely in a major slump right now. And bringing back low quality, loser talent like the annoying and homely AlonaTal will not help. I was happy to see her blown up the first time. I really did enjoy the actress who played Pamela, and would have liked to see her get some play time with the boys before she got slaughtered. But SPN has a pretty abismal record wuth female characters. If they could find a girl who could keep up, who was not a nasal tomboy, it would be great. But, as things are at present,I do not believe anything will shift the downward trajectory of the show. Because the wrong people are running the show, now...

lostcause78

[110]Aug 13, 2011
    It's true, SPN has the biggest track record of killing off recurring female characters. However you sound to have a beef with the actress playing Jo more than the show itself, no offense

Me and I think a few others have no problem with Jo, nor with Pamela or Bela and most others for that matter. The show changed when they upped the stakes from simple monster hunting with a personal revenge against YED, to the fate of the world due to the apocalypse. The stage got a whole lot bigger, so did the stakes. Some liked it, some not so much.

Season 6 was the infamous day after New Years eve season. We've had one hell of a bang....now what?

I wasn't a huge fan of it either, but then again I have no idea what WOULD have made it amazing, other than doing what they seem to be doing with S7; taking it back to it's roots. Monster of the week, figurig out new ways to deal with it, being 2 brothers alone vs a world of Supernatual beings that'll eat them alive.

I look forward to it, and to the return of Jo. The promises are great. Now to see if it lives up to it or not

elias_jacobson

[111]Aug 15, 2011
    • level: 5

I finally found the official Season 7 trailer. Hopefully you will enjoy it like I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjseU19sczc

Credit goes to the original uploader SNTeamFreeWill

lachlan_j_g

[112]Aug 15, 2011
    • level: 11
    elias_jacobson wrote:

I finally found the official Season 7 trailer. Hopefully you will enjoy it like I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjseU19sczc

Credit goes to the original uploader SNTeamFreeWill

that's not really a season 7 trailer, it's just a whole bunch of scenes from season 6 cobbled together.

tvtome_xena321

[113]Aug 16, 2011
    • level: 27
    lostcause78 wrote:
    It's true, SPN has the biggest track record of killing off recurring female characters. However you sound to have a beef with the actress playing Jo more than the show itself, no offense

Me and I think a few others have no problem with Jo, nor with Pamela or Bela and most others for that matter. The show changed when they upped the stakes from simple monster hunting with a personal revenge against YED, to the fate of the world due to the apocalypse. The stage got a whole lot bigger, so did the stakes. Some liked it, some not so much.

Season 6 was the infamous day after New Years eve season. We've had one hell of a bang....now what?

I wasn't a huge fan of it either, but then again I have no idea what WOULD have made it amazing, other than doing what they seem to be doing with S7; taking it back to it's roots. Monster of the week, figurig out new ways to deal with it, being 2 brothers alone vs a world of Supernatual beings that'll eat them alive.

I look forward to it, and to the return of Jo. The promises are great. Now to see if it lives up to it or not

I didn't have any issues with them either, however Jo really came into her own in season 5, and they killed her off when she really started to have potenial, she was matured and she didn't need to hook up with Dean. I'm looking forward to Jo returning, even if she isn't resurrected, its still nice to see her again, if shes on the same page as she was in season 5.

It was a loss to the show that fans kept complaning about the females, so they kinda got forced to kill them. Which is a shame, some fans just cant wait, characters take time to develope, but oh well I guess both the writers and fans can both be blamed that so many female characters get killed.

lostcause78

[114]Aug 17, 2011
    Loved the news on the front page!

Some Oldies but Goldies from the angel/buffy days to star in an episode. That can only end well

tvtome_xena321

[115]Aug 17, 2011
    • level: 27
    OMG I was excited to wake to hear James and Charisma from Buffy/Angel are going to appear in an episode, I literally screamed. Thats the best news I've heard. They'll fit right in with the show, I cant wait for this episode.

jack756

[116]Aug 18, 2011
    tvtome_xena321 wrote:
    OMG I was excited to wake to hear James and Charisma from Buffy/Angel are going to appear in an episode, I literally screamed. Thats the best news I've heard. They'll fit right in with the show, I cant wait for this episode.
    same here i almost went crazyhearing the news lol

lostcause78

[117]Aug 22, 2011
    it is going to be so good...one of the few times the actors overtrumphs the writing.

I refuse to belive this can be a bad episode.

Why o why could they not give angel a better send off?

jack756

[118]Aug 23, 2011
    lostcause78 wrote:
    it is going to be so good...one of the few times the actors overtrumphs the writing.

I refuse to belive this can be a bad episode.

Why o why could they not give angel a better send off?
    i thought angel send off was perfect.

lostcause78

[119]Sep 5, 2011
    So...Dean holds a secret that can tear the brothers apart.

Death is p*ssed off

....anyone have a feeling these 2 will be connected somehow?

lostcause78

[120]Sep 12, 2011
    The big bad(s) for Season 7 has been revealed.

Any thoughts to these? I like it! But wonder how they will portray them..