Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Season 7+ News Speculation etc. Thread (including Season 8 renewal!)

puppybunny1

[141]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 13

They should have asked Castiel/Misha back sooner. The Powers that Be wised up. Hope that it is not too late.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tvtome_xena321

[142]Dec 6, 2011
    • level: 27
    YAY, but its only a guest stint, he isn't back regularly. But still at least this way he can get a proper send-off in his 3-episode stint. I wonder if he'll stick around through season 8, or just get a decent send-off.

chrolligal

[143]Dec 7, 2011
    • level: 4

tvtome_xena321 wrote:
    YAY, but its only a guest stint, he isn't back regularly. But still at least this way he can get a proper send-off in his 3-episode stint. I wonder if he'll stick around through season 8, or just get a decent send-off.

I doubt he's even Cas. I think he'll be a Laviathan and that Cas is still Dead. There is so much Vocal Cas/Ruby/Lisa hate on the net from fanatical J2/Wincest shippers who think that Dean and Sam should be the only characters in the show cthat TPTB are frightened to let Sam and Dean have a relationship with anyone except each other despite season 4 being the best ratings ever.

We could get some insight into Castiel's feelings for Dean as the Laviathan are privy to the memories and knowledge of their 'host' body which could be interesting but that hardly constitutes a whole storyline.

I;d prefer to see Crowly more involved with the story than be fobbed off with the 'body formally known as Cas' for three episodes as i'm sick of pointless filler episodes and guest stars taking the majority of screen time since season 4.

Sam fighting his halucinations and Bobby and Cas's death have been the only episodes worth watching for me this season and despite having a new big bad there is still no ongoing character arc /storyline as far as I can see. In earlier season's we had a personal journey as well as a physical one..Coming to terms with John as a father, Sam becoming bad, saving Sam , Dean and Sam saying yes or not to Michael/Lucifer etc

The only question this season is how will they kill the Laviathan. Without the is Bobby alive/in heaven/a ghost cliffhanger there would be no anticipation for the next episode never mind the rest of the season.

puppybunny1

[145]Dec 8, 2011

Misha should be given a chance to play another character besides Castiel/Jimmy Novak. He has the acting chops.

I find this season uneventful. I am afraid that this may be the last season.

tvtome_xena321

[146]Dec 8, 2011
    chrolligal wrote:

tvtome_xena321 wrote:

I doubt he's even Cas. I think he'll be a Laviathan and that Cas is still Dead. There is so much Vocal Cas/Ruby/Lisa hate on the net from fanatical J2/Wincest shippers who think that Dean and Sam should be the only characters in the show cthat TPTB are frightened to let Sam and Dean have a relationship with anyone except each other despite season 4 being the best ratings ever.

We could get some insight into Castiel's feelings for Dean as the Laviathan are privy to the memories and knowledge of their 'host' body which could be interesting but that hardly constitutes a whole storyline.

I;d prefer to see Crowly more involved with the story than be fobbed off with the 'body formally known as Cas' for three episodes as i'm sick of pointless filler episodes and guest stars taking the majority of screen time since season 4.

Sam fighting his halucinations and Bobby and Cas's death have been the only episodes worth watching for me this season and despite having a new big bad there is still no ongoing character arc /storyline as far as I can see. In earlier season's we had a personal journey as well as a physical one..Coming to terms with John as a father, Sam becoming bad, saving Sam , Dean and Sam saying yes or not to Michael/Lucifer etc

The only question this season is how will they kill the Laviathan. Without the is Bobby alive/in heaven/a ghost cliffhanger there would be no anticipation for the next episode never mind the rest of the season.

Yeah true, although I'd love a chance for real Cas to return even briefly for a goodbye. I know it sucks, but season 1 had the shows best ratings ever, and it was just Sam/Dean, but first seasons always have the highest ratings since the show is new and all. I guess it sucks, since I've always come to enjoy a majority of supporting characters over the years, and its a shame we didn't either a) get enough developement or b) even get a decent stay on the show like Cas and Bobby. If it were me, I'd have made the show slightly ensemble, but only Sam and Dean feature in all 22 episodes, whereas the others appear in 12-15 episodes each season, we'd still get 3-4 solo episodes with just sam and dean appearing, but for that to have happened, we'd have had to have Bobby, Ellen or Jo for instance having been in the show since the first few episodes.

puppybunny1

[147]Dec 10, 2011

Supernatural's Jim Beaver (he plays Bobby) has booked an arc on Justified, and not just any quick stop. Beaver tweeted that he would be on the FX drama for as many as seven episodes! But what about his role on Supernatural? How can he do both? Justified films in LA and Supernatural films in Vancouver! Exactly. [Jim Beaver's Twitter]

So Bobby is really dead.

puppybunny1

[148]Jan 6, 2012

According to E!Online, Bobby is dead.

http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/watch_now_supernaturals_dean_sam_grieve/284533

writergirl06

[149]Jan 16, 2012
    • level: 10

Kristin is def not the most reliable source, but Ausiello's TVline site did say much of the same (though they also said there's a possibility Bobby'll come back since he didn't have a "definite" death.

bigtoy69

[150]Jan 24, 2012
    • level: 2
    Misha will def. play a role in the season finale most likely, his first episode back is episode 17 and hes got 2 other episodes while theres 6 more in the season, hes most likely a leviathan boss or he comes back to help them some how

tvtome_xena321

[151]Jan 24, 2012
    writergirl06 wrote:

Kristin is def not the most reliable source, but Ausiello's TVline site did say much of the same (though they also said there's a possibility Bobby'll come back since he didn't have a "definite" death.

Bobby may be dead for good, but he will return at least a few times, but he wont be back regularly like in the past, is what I think is happening. I love Bobby, but to resurrect him at the beginning of season 8, cheapens his death and exit episode.

smegmag

[152]Jan 25, 2012
    • level: 4

chrolligal wrote:

tvtome_xena321 wrote:

You don't have to be a rabid "shipper" not to want certain characters back. I thought Lisa/Ben was poorly concieved, planned and executed, hence I don't want them back. I think the Ruby character pretty much played itself to it's logical conlusion and to bring it back would only present the question of who would have the honor of killing it and how. To date, no demons have been brought back so the question would present itself who would bring it back and why (God --not likely; Lucifer despite premature self congratulations she didn't "deliver Sam" and Lucifer not only dislikes demons he has zero tolerance for failure; Death--not his style at all; Crowley--doubt he has the juice and wouldn't she be an enemy) In a universe where there is so little certainty, I hope they at least keep the dead demons stay dead rule. As to Cas, I would welcome him back at the very least to give his character a proper end--the disintergrating, exploding in the resevoir end was totally undeserved.

And as we all know Cas does return inep 17 ****SPOILER ALERT**** I believe I read somewhere (sorry I don't remember where exactly) that Sam runs into Cas in a mental hospital where Cas is suffering from amnesia (Anna Milton retread?) This would explain a lot and would also allow Sam to deal with his Lucifer issues which I never bought for a second were resolved--maybe they could park Sam there for a couple eps while J attends to his family matters.

Also would love Bobby back no matter how unlikely--just because.

DesiLove

[155]Jan 29, 2012
    • level: 1

I'm severely disappointed with Season 7. It honestly seems like the producers have no idea what theyre doing. Theyve created these unstoppable monsters, and have slowly destroyed the most likely people who could help the boys figure it out. (i.e. Cas, Bobby) Now its like they're going "S*%@! Now what??" So theyre just airing filler episodes erratically. Don't get me wrong, I love Supernatural. I watch it religiously and enjoy the simple episodes where its just good old fashioned Sam and Dean kicking some monster arse. But if I'm not mistaken, (and I dont believe I am,) There was a plot created at the beginning. And I'd really like to get on with that story line.

Now don't get all snippy on me. I dont read ahead on things, I dont learn names, I dont search the web for whats going to happen next. I just watch them every Friday (that they actually air) and wait for the next one. For all I know there could be stuff out there going "This is whats going to happen." (In fact I'm sure there is.) This is simply what I've gathered from what I've watched.

Baisy

[156]Feb 16, 2012
    • level: 2

Read somewhere that they'll find Cass in an asylemn, saw a picture of him behind the scenes wearing those cute white hospital gowns. May be wishfull thinking but he looked to be in Castiel mode, his face all serious and confused, not evil . But hey, the moment they shout action that might change :-)

WCSU1987

[157]Mar 23, 2012
    • level: 3

I just hope things start stringing along a plot. I will continue to watch and know it is an awesome show. Just from the start there seems to be no connection going on. From Season 1 to the start of Season 7 they all were connected. However, I think it will come together at the end of the season setting up for season 8.

CharmedOneP391

[158]Mar 23, 2012
    • level: 19

Yeah I'm waiting for Season 7's version of 'The Man Who Would Be King'. Ya know, the episode that just slaps you in the face with information and connects the entire season together and makes you remember why you watch this show. And I can't wait for it.

CharmedOneP391

[159]Apr 10, 2012
    • level: 19

Sera Gamble is stepping down as showrunner after Season 7, Robert Singer and Jeremy Carver will be the new co-showrunners for Season 8

I think this is good news. I'm not a fan who thought that the show should've ended after Season 5 ( I loved Swan Song, it just didn't satisfy me as a Series Finale) and I haven't hated Season 6 or 7, but I am glad that this is happening. It just seems that it's a good times to shake things up once more, because Season 7 has been all over the place. Good episodes, Mediocre episodes, Great Episodes, but the Leviathan Arc just hasn't been kept going in a good pace.

For those interested:

Jeremy Carver is currently co-showrunner of Being Human, and he's returning to Supernatural next season while keeping an Executive Producer credit for Being Human. His wife will be showrunner for Season 3 of BH.

Beecharm3r2

[160]Apr 13, 2012
    • level: 8
    This is good news. I think Sera's made some major mistakes since taking over. *cough* Lisa debacle... *Cough* Among other things... I hope the fresh blood taking over for Season 8 will breathe new life into the show. The show's been a mix of so-so episodes and a few good episodes from Season 6 on. Most of season 6 I have to admit I didn't like and it's mainly due to issues like Lisa popping up, completely changing Cas' character, and recycling the plot (Sam going darkside = Cas going darkside). Season 7's a little better but still has it's issues (Becky/Sam marriage???). I really hope next season will be a lot better and I'm optimistic now that Sera's stepping down.