Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Season 8+ News Speculation etc. Thread (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]May 19, 2012
    • level: 100
    Please direct all spoilers, speculation, voting sites, news, interviews, polls, wishlists, theories etc., concerning Season 8+ to this thread.

Essentially, if it has anything to do with Season Eight stuff that hasn't happened yet, and there isn't an episode thread for it, it goes here.

Enjoy!
    Edited on 05/19/2012 12:49am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Tyrathius

[2]May 19, 2012
    • level: 4

All I can say is Dean and Cas trapped in purgatory together is the best plot this show's come up with since season 4 or 5. I really, really, really hope this doesn't get deus ex machina'd away in the season 8 premiere, and that they spend at least a few episodes there. Dean and Cas, alone in monster land, kicking ass and rebuilding the relationship seasons 6 and 7 so thoroughly wrecked. And Sam, alone on the other side with no allies, stuck to deal with the aftermath of the leviathans and Crowley's subsequent betrayal while trying to find a way to free the other two. There's so much that could be done with this.

They've done a great job mixing things up, now please, keep them mixed up. Don't just go back to the status quo. We've had seven seasons worth of that and I'm getting a little sick of it.

lachlan_j_g

[3]May 19, 2012
    • level: 11

I hope Cas & Deanstay in purgatoryfor at least half the season, but make some allies along the way. I hope they find both John and Mary and bring them back too. as for Sam, I reckon during the break, he will have somehow reversed the additive (he is smart, maybe smart enough to do it) or at least destroy the supply so they can't make more (which will lead to people eventually regaining their senses) and then hunt down the remaining Leviathans (I wonder if the demons took any down).

libra113

[4]May 19, 2012
    • level: 27

lachlan_j_g wrote:

I hope Cas & Deanstay in purgatoryfor at least half the season, but make some allies along the way. I hope they find both John and Mary and bring them back too. as for Sam, I reckon during the break, he will have somehow reversed the additive (he is smart, maybe smart enough to do it) or at least destroy the supply so they can't make more (which will lead to people eventually regaining their senses) and then hunt down the remaining Leviathans (I wonder if the demons took any down).

I wouldn't count on a long stay given how the vocal minority of fans tend to whine and complain if Sam and Dean aren't in the same place at the same time for more than five minutes. Probably, by the end of the first episode Dean, at least, will be back.

I'm predicting an appearance by Bobby since he was a ghost when he left the mortal coil and would likely end up in Purgatory. I'm also HOPING for an appearance by Mary and John for the same reason.

Maybe Bobby, Dean and Cas can save them from monsters with an axe to grind with the only former hunters to end up in monster land. Of course there's also a chance that Gordon might show up since he was a vampire when he kicked it and he will not be friendly I'm sure.

WCSU1987

[5]May 19, 2012
    • level: 3

I hope they keep Dean and Cas in there for awhile. Be great to see Sam join forces with Garth. The big questions for next season is now that there are no more Angels supposedly, Aplhas are toast, the D's are running free, the prophet, and Meg are captured by Crowley. What is Crowley's plan? Will he spare Canada? How will Dean and Cas get out or will they? Will Dean meet Bobby in Purg.? How can you take Crowley out? Now that Crowley apprarently has no more threats to challenge him besides Death. Will Meg escape and lead the revolt against Crowley?

libra113

[6]May 19, 2012

WCSU1987 wrote:

I hope they keep Dean and Cas in there for awhile. Be great to see Sam join forces with Garth. The big questions for next season is now that there are no more Angels supposedly, Aplhas are toast, the D's are running free, the prophet, and Meg are captured by Crowley. What is Crowley's plan? Will he spare Canada? How will Dean and Cas get out or will they? Will Dean meet Bobby in Purg.? How can you take Crowley out? Now that Crowley apprarently has no more threats to challenge him besides Death. Will Meg escape and lead the revolt against Crowley?

To find out theanswersto these questions and more.... tune in next season.

Tyrathius

[7]May 19, 2012

libra113 wrote:

lachlan_j_g wrote:

I wouldn't count on a long stay given how the vocal minority of fans tend to whine and complain if Sam and Dean aren't in the same place at the same time for more than five minutes. Probably, by the end of the first episode Dean, at least, will be back.

I'm predicting an appearance by Bobby since he was a ghost when he left the mortal coil and would likely end up in Purgatory. I'm also HOPING for an appearance by Mary and John for the same reason.

Maybe Bobby, Dean and Cas can save them from monsters with an axe to grind with the only former hunters to end up in monster land. Of course there's also a chance that Gordon might show up since he was a vampire when he kicked it and he will not be friendly I'm sure.

Yeah, well, the vocal minority should be ignored if they're trying to prevent you from telling a good story.

Far as I can remember, the longest Sam and Dean have ever been apart (onscreen at least) was two episodes, FTBYAM and The End. Both of which were great episodes. Having them split up gives them the opportunity to explore different sides of the characters, not to mention purgatory itself, which they're probably never going to get another chance to show us. Putting them back together gives us... More talks over the roof of the Impala? I don't know.

It needs to happen eventually, obviously, but it's not something they need to be in any rush to do.

libra113

[8]May 19, 2012

Tyrathius wrote:

libra113 wrote:

lachlan_j_g wrote:

Yeah, well, the vocal minority should be ignored if they're trying to prevent you from telling a good story.

Far as I can remember, the longest Sam and Dean have ever been apart (onscreen at least) was two episodes, FTBYAM and The End. Both of which were great episodes. Having them split up gives them the opportunity to explore different sides of the characters, not to mention purgatory itself, which they're probably never going to get another chance to show us. Putting them back together gives us... More talks over the roof of the Impala? I don't know.

It needs to happen eventually, obviously, but it's not something they need to be in any rush to do.

Shockingly, I do agree (guess it was bound to happen sooner or later) but they kind of set the uglyprecedentawhile ago. Thesqueakywheel gets thegreaseand in this case the most vocal fan group gets what they want.

Sometimes the vocal fans are right, but more often than not it's made the stories a mess. Hopefully, it won't be an issue or they will decide to stick to their guns on this one and keep them apart for awhile. Still, doubt it will be half the season or something but long enough to get some good stories out of it.

Idon't' really think there's enough stories to do half season in Purgatory anyway but a good three or four episodes maybe. I mean if it's just Dean and Cas running for their lives and fighting monsters it's going to get old quick but if they toss in Bobby, John and Mary and maybe Gordon and some others (to balance things out) it could go a bit longer.

lachlan_j_g

[9]May 19, 2012

WCSU1987 wrote:

if they wanted to kill Crowley, they could have done what Dick did - summon him into a devil's trap and kill him. wouldn't be hard.

gatoraderising

[10]May 19, 2012
    • level: 7
    Did Cas say all the angels are dead or only the angels in his garrison.

libra113

[11]May 19, 2012

gatoraderising wrote:
    Did Cas say all the angels are dead or only the angels in his garrison.
    Well he said he hadn't been back to Heaven so I assume he would only know the fate of any angels on Earth.

WCSU1987

[12]May 20, 2012

In regards to Crowley was there an episode the Boy's tried to obtain his bones to destroy him. However, in the end, Crowley re-hid them and without the bones, there is no way to take Crowley out?

gatoraderising

[13]May 20, 2012
    WCSU1987 wrote:

In regards to Crowley was there an episode the Boy's tried to obtain his bones to destroy him. However, in the end, Crowley re-hid them and without the bones, there is no way to take Crowley out?

The knife may or may not work on Crowley. Other then maybe the knife working I cant really think of a way for the boys to kill Crowley by themselves besides Sam drinking some demon blood.

libra113

[14]May 20, 2012

gatoraderising wrote:
    WCSU1987 wrote:

The knife may or may not work on Crowley. Other then maybe the knife working I cant really think of a way for the boys to kill Crowley by themselves besides Sam drinking some demon blood.
    There's no reason to think he's too powerful for the knife. They could probably also use the Colt (depending on where it is and what's going on with it). They could also track down the bones (Cas is on their side again so he could probably find the real bones and torch them himself). There may be other ways we haven't seen yet and likely they will want to cook up something new for him given his importance to the series. It would be kind of redundant to kill him like any other demon.

gatoraderising

[15]May 21, 2012
    libra113 wrote:

gatoraderising wrote:
    WCSU1987 wrote:

There's no reason to think he's too powerful for the knife. They could probably also use the Colt (depending on where it is and what's going on with it). They could also track down the bones (Cas is on their side again so he could probably find the real bones and torch them himself). There may be other ways we haven't seen yet and likely they will want to cook up something new for him given his importance to the series. It would be kind of redundant to kill him like any other demon.

Well he is the king of hell so he is the most powerful demon out there. If the knife didnt work on Alistair what makes you think it would work on the King of hell? I forgot about the Colt

lachlan_j_g

[16]May 21, 2012

gatoraderising wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

gatoraderising wrote:
    WCSU1987 wrote:

Well he is the king of hell so he is the most powerful demon out there. If the knife didnt work on Alistair what makes you think it would work on the King of hell? I forgot about the Colt

that's a good point. I did like the burning bones method, that was cool

libra113

[17]May 21, 2012

gatoraderising wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

gatoraderising wrote:
    WCSU1987 wrote:

I don't remember that. To what are youreferring? I seem to recall there was a point where Alistair was stabbed in the shoulder or something which is non-fatal in and of itself and probably why it didn't work.

smegmag

[19]May 21, 2012
    libra113 wrote:

lachlan_j_g wrote:

I pretty much agree with you--it would be great for them to spend some quality time in purgatory but I can't see it happening. One epidode, three tops. If they are out at the beginning of the first ep--I may scream. I hope we get to see Mary and/or John, and pretty sure ghost Bobby will be there too. And Sam on his own is the end of Mystery Spot(Carver ep) all over--can he survive on his own or does he go psycho? I think this time they'll let him stay sane--showing growth over the years.

Also I am wondering big time, what is so valuable about Kevin? Both Roman and Crowley wanted to keep him for unknown nefarious purposes after he'd translated the Word. Wouldn't this just piss off God, and/or keep the Angels (i'm assuming some are left) in the game? Maybe he has other books to translate, or maybe a prophets blood has heap big mojo for spell work?

Please leave Meg in Hell, I wish Crowley had killed her, but noooooooooooo must kept her around to torture her until she escapes/worse yet is rescued by Castiel. I was sickened when she gave her little "life's purpose" speech--just kept seeing her slicing random people's throats to make a phone call, siccing hellhounds on Dean causing Jo and Ellen's death--not to mention sweet old Pastor Jim--opps I did mention him. Oh well, fingers crossed for a good season

Hildetorr

[20]May 21, 2012

So Sam is stuck with clean up duty to get rid of the remainder Leviathans but the problem is Sam can't actually kill them since he would need more blood to actually kill the remaining Leviathans so best he can do is hunt the rest down and decapitate them. Sam is probably going to get assistance from past hunters that are still alive to take care of the Leviathans also I wouldn't put it past Sam to summon Death for assistance on getting Dean and Castiel out of Purgatory.

I wonder....

Edgar clearly noted and showed that Leviathan trumps Angel but would Leviathan trump Archangel? I can't imagine the Leviathans having the upper hand on Lucifer and Michael as those 2 were so so so much more powerful than the other angels.

Well at least Castiel is sane again it may make Deans survival in Purgatory somewhat easier with Castiels Angelic Powers which appear to still work in Purgatory.

Edited on 05/21/2012 2:24pm
    Edited 3 total times.