Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Season 8+ News Speculation etc. Thread (possible spoilers)

libra113

[21]May 21, 2012
    • level: 27

smegmag wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

lachlan_j_g wrote:

I hope Cas & Deanstay in purgatoryfor at least half the season, but make some allies along the way. I hope they find both John and Mary and bring them back too. as for Sam, I reckon during the break, he will have somehow reversed the additive (he is smart, maybe smart enough to do it) or at least destroy the supply so they can't make more (which will lead to people eventually regaining their senses) and then hunt down the remaining Leviathans (I wonder if the demons took any down).

I wouldn't count on a long stay given how the vocal minority of fans tend to whine and complain if Sam and Dean aren't in the same place at the same time for more than five minutes. Probably, by the end of the first episode Dean, at least, will be back.

I'm predicting an appearance by Bobby since he was a ghost when he left the mortal coil and would likely end up in Purgatory. I'm also HOPING for an appearance by Mary and John for the same reason.

Maybe Bobby, Dean and Cas can save them from monsters with an axe to grind with the only former hunters to end up in monster land. Of course there's also a chance that Gordon might show up since he was a vampire when he kicked it and he will not be friendly I'm sure.

I pretty much agree with you--it would be great for them to spend some quality time in purgatory but I can't see it happening. One epidode, three tops. If they are out at the beginning of the first ep--I may scream. I hope we get to see Mary and/or John, and pretty sure ghost Bobby will be there too. And Sam on his own is the end of Mystery Spot(Carver ep) all over--can he survive on his own or does he go psycho? I think this time they'll let him stay sane--showing growth over the years. Also I am wondering big time, what is so valuable about Kevin? Both Roman and Crowley wanted to keep him for unknown nefarious purposes after he'd translated the Word. Wouldn't this just piss off God, and/or keep the Angels (i'm assuming some are left) in the game? Maybe he has other books to translate, or maybe a prophets blood has heap big mojo for spell work? Please leave Meg in Hell, I wish Crowley had killed her, but noooooooooooo must kept her around to torture her until she escapes/worse yet is rescued by Castiel. I was sickened when she gave her little "life's purpose" speech--just kept seeing her slicing random people's throats to make a phone call, siccing hellhounds on Dean causing Jo and Ellen's death--not to mention sweet old Pastor Jim--opps I did mention him. Oh well, fingers crossed for a good season
    Maybe if we keep talking here about how much we would like to see Dean and Cas stay in Purgatory for awhile the writers will see it and let it happen.

I would like to see them stay for maybe three or so episodes. I know some people have said half a season but I think it would get old after that. I mean how many encounters with dead friends and pissed off monsters can they do before it gets stale.

Maybe if Cas happens to know a way out and in the heart of Purgatory which means they have to fight their way too it, that would hold the story together better but still much more than three or four episodes might be pushing it a bit.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ender2272

[22]May 21, 2012
    • level: 8

I would like to see some purgatory episodes. I would also like to see dean be named the reincarnation of christ. Dean is righteous, hes been to heaven and hell, he has an ancient bloodline, he stopped armageddon, he helps those in need and he saves who ever he can. It would be kinda cool to see a take on this.

libra113

[23]May 21, 2012

ender2272 wrote:

I would like to see some purgatory episodes. I would also like to see dean be named the reincarnation of christ. Dean is righteous, hes been to heaven and hell, he has an ancient bloodline, he stopped armageddon, he helps those in need and he saves who ever he can. It would be kinda cool to see a take on this.

I would hold my breath on that one. So far they've been lucky to be under the radar but they do something like that and I'm pretty sure the religious groups would be all over it and trying to get the show cancelled and they don't need that kind of attention.

Tyrathius

[24]May 21, 2012
    • level: 4

gatoraderising wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

gatoraderising wrote:
    WCSU1987 wrote:

In regards to Crowley was there an episode the Boy's tried to obtain his bones to destroy him. However, in the end, Crowley re-hid them and without the bones, there is no way to take Crowley out?

The knife may or may not work on Crowley. Other then maybe the knife working I cant really think of a way for the boys to kill Crowley by themselves besides Sam drinking some demon blood.
    There's no reason to think he's too powerful for the knife. They could probably also use the Colt (depending on where it is and what's going on with it). They could also track down the bones (Cas is on their side again so he could probably find the real bones and torch them himself). There may be other ways we haven't seen yet and likely they will want to cook up something new for him given his importance to the series. It would be kind of redundant to kill him like any other demon.

Well he is the king of hell so he is the most powerful demon out there. If the knife didnt work on Alistair what makes you think it would work on the King of hell? I forgot about the Colt
    Alistair was an exceptionally powerful demon. Hell, he kicked Castiel's ass twice, as Cas is outright stated as being stronger than Crowley in season 6.

We've also never been given a reason for why the knife didn't work on Alistair, so it may not be a question of strength alone. Lilith was presumably stronger than Alistair, but even she was afraid of it.

smegmag

[25]May 22, 2012
    Tyrathius wrote:

gatoraderising wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

gatoraderising wrote:
    WCSU1987 wrote:

In regards to Crowley was there an episode the Boy's tried to obtain his bones to destroy him. However, in the end, Crowley re-hid them and without the bones, there is no way to take Crowley out?

The knife may or may not work on Crowley. Other then maybe the knife working I cant really think of a way for the boys to kill Crowley by themselves besides Sam drinking some demon blood.
    There's no reason to think he's too powerful for the knife. They could probably also use the Colt (depending on where it is and what's going on with it). They could also track down the bones (Cas is on their side again so he could probably find the real bones and torch them himself). There may be other ways we haven't seen yet and likely they will want to cook up something new for him given his importance to the series. It would be kind of redundant to kill him like any other demon.

Well he is the king of hell so he is the most powerful demon out there. If the knife didnt work on Alistair what makes you think it would work on the King of hell? I forgot about the Colt
    Alistair was an exceptionally powerful demon. Hell, he kicked Castiel's ass twice, as Cas is outright stated as being stronger than Crowley in season 6.

We've also never been given a reason for why the knife didn't work on Alistair, so it may not be a question of strength alone. Lilith was presumably stronger than Alistair, but even she was afraid of it.

I'm guessing he was a very strong demon (though no match for Super Sammy) and they didn't administer a fatal wound--note the Colt didn't kill YED because Sammy purposefully shot to wound YEDinJohn in the leg. Also King of Hell or no Crowley always seemed pretty chastened by an angry Cas, and he was downright fearful of Raph.

randomjean

[26]May 22, 2012
    • level: 8

Remember the antichrist? The hybrid which I think goes by the name is Jesse. I hope they work him into the story next season, hopefully not as a those evil kid tho.

smegmag

[27]May 22, 2012
    ender2272 wrote:

That seems like a bad idea. I don't want Dean to be Jesus, I am certain Dean doesn't want Dean to be Jesus. I' m gonna go out on a limb and say Dean is not gonna be Jesus. As Libra noted, this could/would put the show on a whole other radar. Frankly, I'm surprised this show hasn't already inspired the ire of the religious zealots amongst us. I love this little show, so I'm not anxious to go poking bears. See what happened to GCB--although it wasnt that funny--but other shows that survived weren't that funny either.

smegmag

[28]May 22, 2012
    libra113 wrote:

smegmag wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

lachlan_j_g wrote:

I hope Cas & Deanstay in purgatoryfor at least half the season, but make some allies along the way. I hope they find both John and Mary and bring them back too. as for Sam, I reckon during the break, he will have somehow reversed the additive (he is smart, maybe smart enough to do it) or at least destroy the supply so they can't make more (which will lead to people eventually regaining their senses) and then hunt down the remaining Leviathans (I wonder if the demons took any down).

I wouldn't count on a long stay given how the vocal minority of fans tend to whine and complain if Sam and Dean aren't in the same place at the same time for more than five minutes. Probably, by the end of the first episode Dean, at least, will be back.

I'm predicting an appearance by Bobby since he was a ghost when he left the mortal coil and would likely end up in Purgatory. I'm also HOPING for an appearance by Mary and John for the same reason.

Maybe Bobby, Dean and Cas can save them from monsters with an axe to grind with the only former hunters to end up in monster land. Of course there's also a chance that Gordon might show up since he was a vampire when he kicked it and he will not be friendly I'm sure.

I pretty much agree with you--it would be great for them to spend some quality time in purgatory but I can't see it happening. One epidode, three tops. If they are out at the beginning of the first ep--I may scream. I hope we get to see Mary and/or John, and pretty sure ghost Bobby will be there too. And Sam on his own is the end of Mystery Spot(Carver ep) all over--can he survive on his own or does he go psycho? I think this time they'll let him stay sane--showing growth over the years. Also I am wondering big time, what is so valuable about Kevin? Both Roman and Crowley wanted to keep him for unknown nefarious purposes after he'd translated the Word. Wouldn't this just piss off God, and/or keep the Angels (i'm assuming some are left) in the game? Maybe he has other books to translate, or maybe a prophets blood has heap big mojo for spell work? Please leave Meg in Hell, I wish Crowley had killed her, but noooooooooooo must kept her around to torture her until she escapes/worse yet is rescued by Castiel. I was sickened when she gave her little "life's purpose" speech--just kept seeing her slicing random people's throats to make a phone call, siccing hellhounds on Dean causing Jo and Ellen's death--not to mention sweet old Pastor Jim--opps I did mention him. Oh well, fingers crossed for a good season
    Maybe if we keep talking here about how much we would like to see Dean and Cas stay in Purgatory for awhile the writers will see it and let it happen.

I would like to see them stay for maybe three or so episodes. I know some people have said half a season but I think it would get old after that. I mean how many encounters with dead friends and pissed off monsters can they do before it gets stale.

Maybe if Cas happens to know a way out and in the heart of Purgatory which means they have to fight their way too it, that would hold the story together better but still much more than three or four episodes might be pushing it a bit.

I like the idea that they may have to fight their way to some key launching spot so maybe Sam can get them out or they can get themselves out. Yeah have a season would be too much--take a lesson from Soulless Sam. Also I would be very upset if they tried to have topside Sammy doing regular MOTW episodes--he should be on the Dean/Cas case exclusively--or possibly the Kevin case which may tie in to Dean/Cas.

And there is the problem of monsters and budgets. While its fine to have ghosts (John/Mary/Bobby etc), and vamps (Lenore, Gordon, etc), in human form--the idea of some monsters in purgatory in human form is just ridiculous--i.e., dragons. Also it couldn't be a very long stay since I'm assuming Dick, Eve and the other Alphas are down there in all their monster glory. I also don't want to see head levia still wearing the Dick suit, or Eve in the teenager frock. I guess if they show them a lot of the action (and I use the term loosely) will have to be off camera. Still I would like to see something--and I think the fandom has been very understanding of their budget constraints.

Also, I think somebody mentioned using the Alpha Vamp's blood as a purgatory native blood in the purgatory opening spell--I don't think he is since he hasnt been to purgatory since he hasn't died yet. However, good news any of the surviving levias should work nicely! There is still that tricky question of generating another eclipse--what with them being on the outs with Death (I hope he comes back, oh hell he will, he's almost a universal fan favorite)

libra113

[29]May 22, 2012

smegmag wrote:
    ender2272 wrote:

That seems like a bad idea. I don't want Dean to be Jesus, I am certain Dean doesn't want Dean to be Jesus. I' m gonna go out on a limb and say Dean is not gonna be Jesus. As Libra noted, this could/would put the show on a whole other radar. Frankly, I'm surprised this show hasn't already inspired the ire of the religious zealots amongst us. I love this little show, so I'm not anxious to go poking bears. See what happened to GCB--although it wasnt that funny--but other shows that survived weren't that funny either.
    So far they've survived by being a small show, on a small network but if they do anything to draw attention to themselves they will end up being attacked. Oddly enough there seems to be a group out there would actually take more offense to a character being a reincarnation of Jesus than anything the show has said about God or how angels are portrayed or even Cas saying the Bible is mostly wrong. That would be a major lightening rod that they just don't need this far in.

libra113

[30]May 22, 2012

smegmag wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

smegmag wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

lachlan_j_g wrote:

I like the idea that they may have to fight their way to some key launching spot so maybe Sam can get them out or they can get themselves out. Yeah have a season would be too much--take a lesson from Soulless Sam. Also I would be very upset if they tried to have topside Sammy doing regular MOTW episodes--he should be on the Dean/Cas case exclusively--or possibly the Kevin case which may tie in to Dean/Cas. And there is the problem of monsters and budgets. While its fine to have ghosts (John/Mary/Bobby etc), and vamps (Lenore, Gordon, etc), in human form--the idea of some monsters in purgatory in human form is just ridiculous--i.e., dragons. Also it couldn't be a very long stay since I'm assuming Dick, Eve and the other Alphas are down there in all their monster glory. I also don't want to see head levia still wearing the Dick suit, or Eve in the teenager frock. I guess if they show them a lot of the action (and I use the term loosely) will have to be off camera. Still I would like to see something--and I think the fandom has been very understanding of their budget constraints. Also, I think somebody mentioned using the Alpha Vamp's blood as a purgatory native blood in the purgatory opening spell--I don't think he is since he hasnt been to purgatory since he hasn't died yet. However, good news any of the surviving levias should work nicely! There is still that tricky question of generating another eclipse--what with them being on the outs with Death (I hope he comes back, oh hell he will, he's almost a universal fan favorite)
    Well, no matter how dire thesituationor how much has been going on Sam and Dean have always ended up stopping along the way for monster of the week fun so I don't think that will change (especially if Garth calls or Sam finds out he's in trouble, leaving him feeling obligated to run and help him out).

As for monsters in Purgatory, I'mafraidnecessitywill call on them to do just that (have them appear in human form). It will likely be like when Sam and Dean were in Heaven and Zac appeared to them as he did on Earth. It's really the only way they can do it.

gatoraderising

[31]May 23, 2012
    • level: 7
    libra113 wrote:

gatoraderising wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

gatoraderising wrote:
    WCSU1987 wrote:

I don't remember that. To what are youreferring? I seem to recall there was a point where Alistair was stabbed in the shoulder or something which is non-fatal in and of itself and probably why it didn't work.

I thought the first time we saw Alistair in season 4 in "I know what you did last summer"ep that Sam stabbed him in the heart, but I was wrong it was the shoulder just like Cas did later in the season. So who knows the knife may work on Crowley.

libra113

[32]May 23, 2012

gatoraderising wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

gatoraderising wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

gatoraderising wrote:
    WCSU1987 wrote:

I don't remember that. To what are youreferring? I seem to recall there was a point where Alistair was stabbed in the shoulder or something which is non-fatal in and of itself and probably why it didn't work.

I thought the first time we saw Alistair in season 4 in "I know what you did last summer"ep that Sam stabbed him in the heart, but I was wrong it was the shoulder just like Cas did later in the season. So who knows the knife may work on Crowley.
    Well, we know fromexperiencewith the Colt that the wound has to be fatal for it to kill the demon inside, and if the knife works on the same principles (which I think it does) then it would be the same thing. As long as the wound is non fatal it would probably hurt but no much more than that.

smegmag

[33]May 23, 2012
    libra113 wrote:

smegmag wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

smegmag wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

lachlan_j_g wrote:

I like the idea that they may have to fight their way to some key launching spot so maybe Sam can get them out or they can get themselves out. Yeah have a season would be too much--take a lesson from Soulless Sam. Also I would be very upset if they tried to have topside Sammy doing regular MOTW episodes--he should be on the Dean/Cas case exclusively--or possibly the Kevin case which may tie in to Dean/Cas. And there is the problem of monsters and budgets. While its fine to have ghosts (John/Mary/Bobby etc), and vamps (Lenore, Gordon, etc), in human form--the idea of some monsters in purgatory in human form is just ridiculous--i.e., dragons. Also it couldn't be a very long stay since I'm assuming Dick, Eve and the other Alphas are down there in all their monster glory. I also don't want to see head levia still wearing the Dick suit, or Eve in the teenager frock. I guess if they show them a lot of the action (and I use the term loosely) will have to be off camera. Still I would like to see something--and I think the fandom has been very understanding of their budget constraints. Also, I think somebody mentioned using the Alpha Vamp's blood as a purgatory native blood in the purgatory opening spell--I don't think he is since he hasnt been to purgatory since he hasn't died yet. However, good news any of the surviving levias should work nicely! There is still that tricky question of generating another eclipse--what with them being on the outs with Death (I hope he comes back, oh hell he will, he's almost a universal fan favorite)
    Well, no matter how dire thesituationor how much has been going on Sam and Dean have always ended up stopping along the way for monster of the week fun so I don't think that will change (especially if Garth calls or Sam finds out he's in trouble, leaving him feeling obligated to run and help him out).

As for monsters in Purgatory, I'mafraidnecessitywill call on them to do just that (have them appear in human form). It will likely be like when Sam and Dean were in Heaven and Zac appeared to them as he did on Earth. It's really the only way they can do it.

OK, I'll grant you the monsters in purgatory thing. They have no money, Fine. In which case I'd prefer no actual confontation between Dean/Cas and the heavyhitter monsters--what could Dean/Cas do in such a situation other than get ripped to shreds. They'll have to ninja their way to wherever they're going. I just thought it was so dumb when the angels were in heaven all by themselves still wearing their vessels. And that little Eve actress is weak, maybe Eve could wear Mary--much better actress.

HOWEVER, I think they could still dispense with the MOTW. I think we agree it couldnt last more than a few episodes anyway and this season they skipped the MOTW the first two episodes and they were great! Why not dispense with it for another ep or maybe two--I'd be happy with 1. Since they 'd be running parallel stories there really should be enough for Sam to do topside. If anything Sam could enlist Garth's or Jody's, BUT NOT MEG's assistance to help him with the Dean/Cas/Kevin problem.

libra113

[34]May 23, 2012

smegmag wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

smegmag wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

smegmag wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

lachlan_j_g wrote:

OK, I'll grant you the monsters in purgatory thing. They have no money, Fine. In which case I'd prefer no actual confontation between Dean/Cas and the heavyhitter monsters--what could Dean/Cas do in such a situation other than get ripped to shreds. They'll have to ninja their way to wherever they're going. I just thought it was so dumb when the angels were in heaven all by themselves still wearing their vessels. And that little Eve actress is weak, maybe Eve could wear Mary--much better actress. HOWEVER, I think they could still dispense with the MOTW. I think we agree it couldnt last more than a few episodes anyway and this season they skipped the MOTW the first two episodes and they were great! Why not dispense with it for another ep or maybe two--I'd be happy with 1. Since they 'd be running parallel stories there really should be enough for Sam to do topside. If anything Sam could enlist Garth's or Jody's, BUT NOT MEG's assistance to help him with the Dean/Cas/Kevin problem.
    It's just something shows has always done when the story requires them to show something out of their budget. I pretty sure even the original "Star Trek" probably used some form of it to keep costs down. I know "Star Trek: Voyager" did it twice when they were inside the Q Continuum and it's really the next best thing.

What would be cool would be if Eve showed up as young Mary and the real Mary was there as herself. If we see the real Mary I want it to be really her. Also, if we see John I want the real John and not young John (it would be more real and make more sense since he died older and not young). Perhaps if they could work both in that would be cool too.

As for the monster of the week stories, at this point they're a staple of the show and it's unlikely they will be dropped entirely but they should fit in around the main story.

BadWolf_35

[35]May 28, 2012
    • level: 14

Well I'm still thinking they should of finished the show at the end of season 5, but I think season 8 may have potential. Not that I didnt like the last 2 seasons, I did, butthey just weren't as strong as the others. I really hope they keep cas & dean in purgatory for a few episodes. They could do a lot with the story-line, so hopefully they dont ruin it. I'm also hoping there's more crowley next season (and less Meg), I'm interested to see what his plan is. Finally, I really hopeCas' pre-leviathan"personality" is back. Even though I liked him as avengful God, and he had a few entertaining moments when he was "off his rocker", but I miss the old Cas.

Oh and one more thing... nevertake the Imaplaawayfor that long again!

libra113

[36]May 28, 2012

They were certainly trying something new in the last season or so and that's always to beapplauded. Did it always work? No. That happens when you try something new. Still, there were some good moments and the set up for next season does look even better.

gatoraderising

[37]May 28, 2012
    libra113 wrote:

They were certainly trying something new in the last season or so and that's always to beapplauded. Did it always work? No. That happens when you try something new. Still, there were some good moments and the set up for next season does look even better.

Yeah I liked season 7. The leviathan's were a nice change for the big bad of the season. Even season 6 as a whole was a good season. Season 8 should be great, they have some storylines that should be good to see unfold over the season.

lachlan_j_g

[38]May 28, 2012
    • level: 11

I think that Alphas/monsters should be the big bad - maybe when Dean & Cas escape from Purgatory they release a whole bunch of other creatures at the same time - creatures that haven't been encountered before, or died out long ago

gatoraderising

[39]May 29, 2012
    lachlan_j_g wrote:

I think that Alphas/monsters should be the big bad - maybe when Dean & Cas escape from Purgatory they release a whole bunch of other creatures at the same time - creatures that haven't been encountered before, or died out long ago

I can see Crowley being the big bad for season 8. He's never been the big bad before.

No1Slayerette

[40]May 29, 2012
    • level: 9

lachlan_j_g wrote:
    Well the Alpha Vampire did foreshadow his return, 'see you next season.' It can't get more certain than that. Maybe Sam will be forced to work with him to help stop the Leviathan's and/ or Crowley??? And no more Meg or Bobby please.