Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Season 8+ News Speculation etc. Thread (possible spoilers)

WickedNix

[41]May 30, 2012
    • level: 4

The storyline speculations are darn near endless but let's not forget one of the most important things of all...the Impala!

I didn't realize how much I missed it until it was put into storage. Besides hoping that Castiel will have a larger role next season, I want Dean's baby to have an upfront presence. Cool

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Tyrathius

[42]May 31, 2012

Well now that the apparently infallible leviathans are dealt with, there's no reason it shouldn't be back (Well, other than Meg wrecking it, but hopefully Sam's learned enough to fix it himself or will take it somewhere)... Not that there was much reason to get rid of it in the first place.

vampman87

[43]Jun 15, 2012
    lachlan_j_g wrote:

gatoraderising wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

gatoraderising wrote:
    WCSU1987 wrote:

In regards to Crowley was there an episode the Boy's tried to obtain his bones to destroy him. However, in the end, Crowley re-hid them and without the bones, there is no way to take Crowley out?

The knife may or may not work on Crowley. Other then maybe the knife working I cant really think of a way for the boys to kill Crowley by themselves besides Sam drinking some demon blood.
    There's no reason to think he's too powerful for the knife. They could probably also use the Colt (depending on where it is and what's going on with it). They could also track down the bones (Cas is on their side again so he could probably find the real bones and torch them himself). There may be other ways we haven't seen yet and likely they will want to cook up something new for him given his importance to the series. It would be kind of redundant to kill him like any other demon.

Well he is the king of hell so he is the most powerful demon out there. If the knife didnt work on Alistair what makes you think it would work on the King of hell? I forgot about the Colt

that's a good point. I did like the burning bones method, that was cool

The Colt is still out there, you know. And Crowley's power is apparently equal to Yellow Eyes, who was killed with the gun. I'd like the boys to be able to finally recover the damned thing and keep it for more than an episode. I have a feeling that they'll need it, especially since the series is shifting from demons to monsters as the main villains, and the Colt can kill anything that isn't an archangel, God, or Horseman.

vampman87

[44]Jun 15, 2012
    smegmag wrote:
    ender2272 wrote:

I would like to see some purgatory episodes. I would also like to see dean be named the reincarnation of christ. Dean is righteous, hes been to heaven and hell, he has an ancient bloodline, he stopped armageddon, he helps those in need and he saves who ever he can. It would be kinda cool to see a take on this.

That seems like a bad idea. I don't want Dean to be Jesus, I am certain Dean doesn't want Dean to be Jesus. I' m gonna go out on a limb and say Dean is not gonna be Jesus. As Libra noted, this could/would put the show on a whole other radar. Frankly, I'm surprised this show hasn't already inspired the ire of the religious zealots amongst us. I love this little show, so I'm not anxious to go poking bears. See what happened to GCB--although it wasnt that funny--but other shows that survived weren't that funny either.

The beauty of Supernatural is that it respects every ancient and modern religion without focusing on a specific one. Even season 4 and 5, with dealt with the Judeau-Christian Apocalypse, ignored the part of Revelations that said Jesus would come down and save everyone from Satan, instead having Michael the Archangel be the one in prophecy to fight and kill Lucifer. Jesus is referenced a few times in the series, but mostly as the guy that made people stop worshiping the Pagan gods. The boys met and fought Druid gods, Greek gods, Egyptian gods, even Hindu gods like Kali and Ganesh, and there's a general theme: They used to be ridiculously powerful, but the times changed and people began worshiping a monotheistic God, causing the Pagans to lose most of their power and making them vulnerable to their enemies. Even Kali, who is still worshiped today, couldn't even scratch Lucifer at full power because her followers are a fraction of what they used to be. (though she was the only god out of the group that lived, presumably because she's a major goddess in the Hindu religion.)

libra113

[45]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 27

Tyrathius wrote:

Well now that the apparently infallible leviathans are dealt with, there's no reason it shouldn't be back (Well, other than Meg wrecking it, but hopefully Sam's learned enough to fix it himself or will take it somewhere)... Not that there was much reason to get rid of it in the first place.

Oh please, it was in worse shape at the end of season one and it's not like Sam's not around to try and take it somewhere. Still, it really needs Dean there to rebuild it himself like before. Maybe Sam will put it up somewhere and Dean can fix it when he returns.

libra113

[46]Jun 16, 2012

vampman87 wrote:
    lachlan_j_g wrote:

gatoraderising wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

gatoraderising wrote:
    WCSU1987 wrote:

In regards to Crowley was there an episode the Boy's tried to obtain his bones to destroy him. However, in the end, Crowley re-hid them and without the bones, there is no way to take Crowley out?

The knife may or may not work on Crowley. Other then maybe the knife working I cant really think of a way for the boys to kill Crowley by themselves besides Sam drinking some demon blood.
    There's no reason to think he's too powerful for the knife. They could probably also use the Colt (depending on where it is and what's going on with it). They could also track down the bones (Cas is on their side again so he could probably find the real bones and torch them himself). There may be other ways we haven't seen yet and likely they will want to cook up something new for him given his importance to the series. It would be kind of redundant to kill him like any other demon.

Well he is the king of hell so he is the most powerful demon out there. If the knife didnt work on Alistair what makes you think it would work on the King of hell? I forgot about the Colt

that's a good point. I did like the burning bones method, that was cool

The Colt is still out there, you know. And Crowley's power is apparently equal to Yellow Eyes, who was killed with the gun. I'd like the boys to be able to finally recover the damned thing and keep it for more than an episode. I have a feeling that they'll need it, especially since the series is shifting from demons to monsters as the main villains, and the Colt can kill anything that isn't an archangel, God, or Horseman.
    Well, if they do that they're going to have to put a bullet limit on it on or something (and with Bobby gone, if he stays gone, they really don't know how to make more) otherwise it's going to make things way too easy and take all the fun out of it. I would rather see them use it as a fall back weapon. They try and kill the monster through the standard means (research to find their weakness and use it) but if that fails then they resort to the gun.

CharmedOneP391

[47]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 19

Well, JP, JA, Misha Collins and Jim Beaver are going to be at Comic Con 2012 at the SPN Panel. Or at least they're listed to be there. That's kind of telling us something...probably what most of us already were thinking...the show isn't done with Bobby Singer yet.

libra113

[48]Jun 17, 2012

CharmedOneP391 wrote:

Well, JP, JA, Misha Collins and Jim Beaver are going to be at Comic Con 2012 at the SPN Panel. Or at least they're listed to be there. That's kind of telling us something...probably what most of us already were thinking...the show isn't done with Bobby Singer yet.

Perhaps.

Tyrathius

[49]Jun 19, 2012

libra113 wrote:

Tyrathius wrote:

Oh please, it was in worse shape at the end of season one and it's not like Sam's not around to try and take it somewhere. Still, it really needs Dean there to rebuild it himself like before. Maybe Sam will put it up somewhere and Dean can fix it when he returns.

It depends how long he's in purgatory, honestly. If he gets out in the first episode yeah, he can fix it himself, but if he's going to be spending a significant portion of the season there they're probably going to want it fixed before he gets out.

Regardless of whether you think it was justified or not, getting rid of the Impala in season 7 was a very unpopular move and it's not one they should be eager to repeat in season 8.

libra113

[50]Jun 19, 2012

Tyrathius wrote:

libra113 wrote:

Tyrathius wrote:

It depends how long he's in purgatory, honestly. If he gets out in the first episode yeah, he can fix it himself, but if he's going to be spending a significant portion of the season there they're probably going to want it fixed before he gets out.

Regardless of whether you think it was justified or not, getting rid of the Impala in season 7 was a very unpopular move and it's not one they should be eager to repeat in season 8.

Well, there are a lot of 'unpopular' things the show should have done a long time ago (or do now) and I'm pretty sure keeping Sam and Dean apart for a long time would be high on that list.

KS_Winchester

[51]Jun 22, 2012
    • level: 1

Castiel is the most over-used and hyper rated character in the entire series of Supernatural. I want Castiel to go out of the show as soon as possible as introduce as many characters as possible. If not out, I want his character to be limited to 3-4 episodes a season. Last thing I want to hear, Misha becoming a regular for season 8.

I am a huge fan brotherly love(NO SLASH REFERENCES PLEASE). But these days issues between the brothers have become boring too. But, most of the viewers invested in the show only for brotherly love. So, it is the responsibility of the writers to bring more and more brother moments. If possible bring Mary and John back.

But, I want Carver to push the "reset" button and bring an entirely new Supernatural to the viewers with focus mostly on plot-line and myth-arc rather than on characters. I don't want any more than 8 monster-of-the-week episodes. And all the episodes should at least have a time dedicated to the story line of the season. If possible, bring some emotional stuff between the brothers.

My first wish for season 8 would be introduction at least 5 new promising characters. And I want lots of action and gore in the show. Second would be a solid story arc.

Tyrathius

[52]Jun 24, 2012

No offense, KS_Winchester, but Sera Gamble tried listening to fans like you and the result was season 7.

libra113

[53]Jun 24, 2012
    Well the show's biggest mistake has always been listening to whatever group of fans happened to complain the loudest.

gatoraderising

[54]Jun 24, 2012
    • level: 7
    Tyrathius wrote:

No offense, KS_Winchester, but Sera Gamble tried listening to fans like you and the result was season 7.

did you mean season 6?

KS_Winchester

[55]Jun 26, 2012

I would like to see Sam hunting on earth and Dean hunting variety of things in purgatory(of course, after all monsters in thepurgatory eat and crap Castiel!) for at least half the season. I want Dean to explore purgatory all alone and allby himself. If at all he gets some help, it should be temporary. I would like to Winchesters awayfrom each other for more time on-screen and there is a huge potential for developmentof both Characters. But please, Castiel.

Edited on 06/26/2012 12:42pm
    Edited 2 total times.

KS_Winchester

[56]Jun 27, 2012

Tyrathius wrote:

Well, did she? She didn't. Because I didn't like Season 7 at all and it happened to be worst of all seasons. On the contrary, I believe she listened "Destiel fans" and that is why she spoiled the entire finale and final few episodes bringing that crazy s0n of a b!t(# back and making them the worst episodes ever in the history of the show. I don't mind if Castiel is there in the show but there should be a strong story and reason for him to be there and he shouldn't just be a useless janitor to the Winchesters.

lachlan_j_g

[57]Jun 27, 2012
    • level: 11

KS_Winchester wrote:

Tyrathius wrote:

Well, did she? She didn't. Because I didn't like Season 7 at all and it happened to be worst of all seasons. On the contrary, I believe she listened "Destiel fans" and that is why she spoiled the entire finale and final few episodes bringing that crazy s0n of a b!t(# back and making them the worst episodes ever in the history of the show. I don't mind if Castiel is there in the show but there should be a strong story and reason for him to be there and he shouldn't just be a useless janitor to the Winchesters.

I kind of agree, the show is about the boys not Castiel. Cas can't clean up all their problems (he can, easily - with the exception of the Leviathan) - Cas can easily kill all monsters, including alphas - there'd be no challenge with him there all the time.

Tyrathius

[58]Jun 27, 2012

KS_Winchester wrote:

Tyrathius wrote:

She wrote out Castiel in the first episode in response to the viewers who insisted that Sam and Dean be the only characters on the show ever, and he likely only returned at the end of the season due to negative reaction from the rest of the viewers. She also threw in a bunch of pointless drama in place of actual development, like the Ghost Bobby arc and that crap about Kaylee Amy the Kitsune, because at this point the Sam/Dean dynamic is so overplayed there's nothing left to do with them. And then she tossed out the only halfway promising plot all season -the new cosmic order between Castiel and Crowley- in favor of the leviathans, boring one-dimensional villains used for nothing but juvenile political and corporate take thats, because we just can't have angels anymore for some reason. And she got rid of the Impala, but surely no one thought that was a good idea...

Ever since she took over at the beginning of season 6, she's been obsessed with making the show like it was in the earlier seasons. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but her attempts at making it happen are wrecking the show. You can't just throw out a bunch of characters and developments and expect everything to be as it was before they were added. That's not how writing works.

KS_Winchester

[59]Jun 27, 2012

Tyrathius wrote:

KS_Winchester wrote:

Tyrathius wrote:

She wrote out Castiel in the first episode in response to the viewers who insisted that Sam and Dean be the only characters on the show ever, and he likely only returned at the end of the season due to negative reaction from the rest of the viewers. She also threw in a bunch of pointless drama in place of actual development, like the Ghost Bobby arc and that crap about Kaylee Amy the Kitsune, because at this point the Sam/Dean dynamic is so overplayed there's nothing left to do with them. And then she tossed out the only halfway promising plot all season -the new cosmic order between Castiel and Crowley- in favor of the leviathans, boring one-dimensional villains used for nothing but juvenile political and corporate take thats, because we just can't have angels anymore for some reason. And she got rid of the Impala, but surely no one thought that was a good idea...

Ever since she took over at the beginning of season 6, she's been obsessed with making the show like it was in the earlier seasons. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but her attempts at making it happen are wrecking the show. You can't just throw out a bunch of characters and developments and expect everything to be as it was before they were added. That's not how writing works.

I agree with you that almost all the issues between the brothers are done at this point of time. There's nothing much to explore in their relationship anymore. So, I don't want them to bring any more brother moments unless there are really strong ones. But, my question here is, isn't character of Castiel also done and explored in every possible way? IMO, yes it was, way back in season 5 or at least, I have to say, "every last drop of juice" in the character of Castiel was completely extracted with his "explosion" in season 7. I want Castiel to be limited and not overused just because fans request. I want Sam and Dean as the center of the story and I want them to meet a lot of new characters not just one or two. And, one more request from my side to writers is to concentrate more on the mytharc and monsters, rather than relationships.

Are you sure about the negative reaction? Because, the episode in which Castiel made his biggest return is the Least rated episode of the entire series.

Edited on 06/27/2012 10:46am

Tyrathius

[60]Jun 28, 2012

According to what? Flipping through the reviews on this site, it's not even the lowest rated episode of the season.