Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Season 8+ News Speculation etc. Thread (possible spoilers)

  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [101]Jul 17, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385
    I know I re-watched the end on you tube yesterday and with all that set up I can't imagine how he could quit. Unless it all overwhelmed him and he just got depressed and gave up (not likely) or he's just laying low and biding his time for some reason.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of smegmag

    smegmag

    [102]Jul 18, 2012
    • member since: 10/16/10
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 164
    Yeah, it doesn't make sense--maybe he got dosed with the tainted high fructose corn syrup-maybe in his coffee or a deceptively unhealthy smoothie.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CharmedOneP391

    CharmedOneP391

    [103]Jul 26, 2012
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 1,107

    So new showrunner Jeremy Carver revealed his overall goal for the show which includes a story line that ends with the Season 10 Finale.



    I really like this guy so I'm actually excited for the news. And I can see that being the end, and I'm down for 3 more seasons. Smallville's best seasons were the final 2, so hopefully we'll see something like that.

    Edited on 07/26/2012 1:39pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of markie_081

    markie_081

    [104]Jul 27, 2012
    • member since: 12/06/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 173

    He quits because that is what the story needs him to do.Wether it is right for Sam? is a different question?...



    The show did not quick fix Sam's trauma with handy Castiel for no reason obviously ...



    He himself has been through alot despite what people think it is not always about how horrible life has been for Dean however in this instance it will not reflect well on Sam and goes against the Sam that was willing to make deals in season 4 to save Dean or the Sam that dragged himself at the end of season 6 to get to his brother..



    It is not actually unsurprising if he does not try to find Dean '' at this point that is not a surety '' as the show wants Dean to connect to Benny in the same way they wanted to create the Dean and Castiel relationship in season 4..



    I like Jeremy Carver so it may not turn out the way people think? it would not be fair on Sam to show him just giving up but only time will tell and seeing the episodes will reveal that..



    Edited on 07/27/2012 3:00am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [105]Jul 27, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385

    markie_081 wrote:


    He quits because that is what the story needs him to do.Wether it is right for Sam? is a different question?...



    The show did not quick fix Sam's trauma with handy Castiel for no reason obviously ...



    He himself has been through alot despite what people think it is not always about how horrible life has been for Dean however in this instance it will not reflect well on Sam and goes against the Sam that was willing to make deals in season 4 to save Dean or the Sam that dragged himself at the end of season 6 to get to his brother..



    It is not actually unsurprising if he does not try to find Dean '' at this point that is not a surety '' as the show wants Dean to connect to Benny in the same way they wanted to create the Dean and Castiel relationship in season 4..



    I like Jeremy Carver so it may not turn out the way people think? it would not be fair on Sam to show him just giving up but only time will tell and seeing the episodes will reveal that..




    Actually it was the fans who made the Dean/Cas connection, the writers were just giving us what we wanted.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Tyrathius

    Tyrathius

    [106]Jul 27, 2012
    • member since: 09/27/11
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 90

    I don't know about this. The more we hear the more it seems like this is just season 4 all over again. Dean is trapped in some evil dimension which he escapes with the help of a new supernatural entity, which may have malevolent intentions. Meanwhile, Sam has coped with the loss of his brother by replacing him with a love interest. The two eventually reunite but are both shaken by the events of the past few months, which they are not entirely honest about.


    I was really excited about this Purgatory plotline at the end of season 7, just because it was something fresh and allowed for some new development for characters who had grown stagnant, but the more we hear the more it seems like the writers have thrown that away in favor of a return to formula.


    I'm also a bit worried about the lack of news on Cas. I thought the original intention behind locking him in Purgatory with Dean was to force them to work together and rebuild the friendship they shared before Gamble wrecked it in season 6 and 7, but now I'm afraid he's not getting out with Dean and putting him there was just another way of getting him out of the way so they don't have to deal with his powers or his relationships with the other characters anymore.


    I'm not going to outright call this good or bad until the premiere comes around, but it is... Worrying.

    Edited on 07/27/2012 10:33pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of smegmag

    smegmag

    [107]Jul 28, 2012
    • member since: 10/16/10
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 164
    libra113 wrote:

    markie_081 wrote:


    He quits because that is what the story needs him to do.Wether it is right for Sam? is a different question?...



    The show did not quick fix Sam's trauma with handy Castiel for no reason obviously ...



    He himself has been through alot despite what people think it is not always about how horrible life has been for Dean however in this instance it will not reflect well on Sam and goes against the Sam that was willing to make deals in season 4 to save Dean or the Sam that dragged himself at the end of season 6 to get to his brother..



    It is not actually unsurprising if he does not try to find Dean '' at this point that is not a surety '' as the show wants Dean to connect to Benny in the same way they wanted to create the Dean and Castiel relationship in season 4..



    I like Jeremy Carver so it may not turn out the way people think? it would not be fair on Sam to show him just giving up but only time will tell and seeing the episodes will reveal that..




    Actually it was the fans who made the Dean/Cas connection, the writers were just giving us what we wanted.



    I don't think it was JUST the writers giving the fans what they wanted, I think when they saw them on screen together there was obvious chemistry between the actors which the writers could see and would obviously choose to exploit as well. BTW I'm definitely not one of the those Destial fans, but I do recognize and appreciate the acting chemistry JA and MC share.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of smegmag

    smegmag

    [108]Jul 28, 2012
    • member since: 10/16/10
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 164
    Tyrathius wrote:

    I don't know about this. The more we hear the more it seems like this is just season 4 all over again. Dean is trapped in some evil dimension which he escapes with the help of a new supernatural entity, which may have malevolent intentions. Meanwhile, Sam has coped with the loss of his brother by replacing him with a love interest. The two eventually reunite but are both shaken by the events of the past few months, which they are not entirely honest about.


    I was really excited about this Purgatory plotline at the end of season 7, just because it was something fresh and allowed for some new development for characters who had grown stagnant, but the more we hear the more it seems like the writers have thrown that away in favor of a return to formula.


    I'm also a bit worried about the lack of news on Cas. I thought the original intention behind locking him in Purgatory with Dean was to force them to work together and rebuild the friendship they shared before Gamble wrecked it in season 6 and 7, but now I'm afraid he's not getting out with Dean and putting him there was just another way of getting him out of the way so they don't have to deal with his powers or his relationships with the other characters anymore.


    I'm not going to outright call this good or bad until the premiere comes around, but it is... Worrying.



    A replay of S4 Sam/Dean dynamic ... that is worrying. I think there's enough genuine organic tension and conflict in the situation they are currently in that it wouldn't be necessary or wise to just gin up some artificial and stilted conflict a la Sam abandons Dean to purgatory or Dean returns with aid of mysterious monster and lies/withholds truth (actually withholds truth is Sam's favorite form of lying) about his time in purgatory. After all, Sam is left with great responsibilities and an even greater motivation to "stay in the game" --dealing with the Levia aftermath, the responsibility Sam would feel toward Kevin both individually as a person and strategically as a messenger of God, the even greater motivation to rescue Dean from friggin' purgatory! We know the difficulties of accessing purgatory, but would that stop Sam--what's he waiting on the next eclipse? Lovecraft didn't need an eclipse to access it, did he?

    And Dean bff'ing a monster--and a vamp after his turn as one in Twihard? And what would he possibly have to lie about--what could he have done to survive in purgatory that's worse or even comparable to torturing in Hell and breaking the first seal? Still trying for hopefull, but feeling a little queasy.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [109]Jul 28, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385

    smegmag wrote:
    libra113 wrote:


    markie_081 wrote:


    He quits because that is what the story needs him to do.Wether it is right for Sam? is a different question?...



    The show did not quick fix Sam's trauma with handy Castiel for no reason obviously ...



    He himself has been through alot despite what people think it is not always about how horrible life has been for Dean however in this instance it will not reflect well on Sam and goes against the Sam that was willing to make deals in season 4 to save Dean or the Sam that dragged himself at the end of season 6 to get to his brother..



    It is not actually unsurprising if he does not try to find Dean '' at this point that is not a surety '' as the show wants Dean to connect to Benny in the same way they wanted to create the Dean and Castiel relationship in season 4..



    I like Jeremy Carver so it may not turn out the way people think? it would not be fair on Sam to show him just giving up but only time will tell and seeing the episodes will reveal that..




    Actually it was the fans who made the Dean/Cas connection, the writers were just giving us what we wanted.


    I don't think it was JUST the writers giving the fans what they wanted, I think when they saw them on screen together there was obvious chemistry between the actors which the writers could see and would obviously choose to exploit as well. BTW I'm definitely not one of the those Destial fans, but I do recognize and appreciate the acting chemistry JA and MC share.
    Well, given that theoriginalplan was for Cas to die six or seven episodes in and be replaced by Anna and that it was reaction to Cas that stopped that....

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Tyrathius

    Tyrathius

    [110]Aug 1, 2012
    • member since: 09/27/11
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 90

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/31/supernatural-season-8-misha-collins_n_1726114.html


    Misha Collins interview about Castiel in season 8. Didn't say anything specific, but it made me feel a bit better since he's apparently not going to be missing/crazy/evil this time.


    I'm still not entirely convinced he's going to escape purgatory with Dean, though. But at least they haven't forgotten about him.

    Edited on 08/01/2012 1:53am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of supernaturalFTW

    supernaturalFTW

    [111]Aug 5, 2012
    • member since: 12/14/09
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 21
    I didnt know where to post this so i figured i'd just post it here. remember those two hunters that killed dean and sam? it was the episode where they went to heaven and found pamela and ash and was hunted by zach. dean said before the hunters killed him that he was gonna hunt them down and kill them. did this storyline ever get resolved? any chance we will see them season 8? and who were those hunters? were they gordon's friends?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of smegmag

    smegmag

    [112]Aug 7, 2012
    • member since: 10/16/10
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 164
    They were Walt and Roy and no, as far as we know Dean never made good on the payback promise. Their fragment of a storyline doesn't interest me much, but yeah they could still be part of the hunt the unclean antichrist Sam Winchester down club. They seemed to let that storyline die, but there's no real reason it should have. They (the hunt club) know he started the apocalypse, they know his continued existence smacks of the supernatural, they know he's dangerous and they don't know he sacrificed himself to save the world (that info kept on need to know basis). So if Sam's going native/normal, it might be interesting if the hunt club reappeared to dog him a little--life is about consequences afterall ---oh hell I'm just bitchy about Dean being abandoned in purgatory--puts me in a real--foot-ass- Sam--kick--insert and rotate kinda mood. And btw I don't think Gordon had any actual friends including religious psycho guy whose heart he ripped out,
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tvtome_xena321

    tvtome_xena321

    [113]Aug 7, 2012
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 2,526
    CharmedOneP391 wrote:

    So new showrunner Jeremy Carver revealed his overall goal for the show which includes a story line that ends with the Season 10 Finale.



    I really like this guy so I'm actually excited for the news. And I can see that being the end, and I'm down for 3 more seasons. Smallville's best seasons were the final 2, so hopefully we'll see something like that.



    Lets see how season 8 goes before committing to two more years. I'm glad Cas is back, because we have lost so many characters, there wouldn't be much left they can do with just Sam and Dean for 3 more years. I know everyone's going to scream at this new love interest for Sam, but Its a direction that had to come up sometime, better now than just throwing a love interest in the last season just for the sack of it, it all depends on how shes written. Hopefully she lasts longer than everyone else, unless your Meg lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of englishshewolf

    englishshewolf

    [114]Aug 9, 2012
    • member since: 07/28/08
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,388

    I'm really pleased with the long running flashbacks idea. I want to know in detail what happened with Sam whilst Dean was gone and what Dean and Cas did in purgatory, but I also really want to see Dean and Sam together from episode one so this is the perfect solution in my eyes.


    I think JC is clearly planning a long emotional story arc for the boys so i'm bracing myself for there to be a lot of pain and conflict between them during this season and trusting that the bigger the breach in their relationship is the greater the final resolution will be


    I was dissapointed in the past that Jensen never got to be Michael because I love to see the actors stretched with body swap type senarios and his duel role in Dark Angel was amazing.


    I think it would be hilarious and challenging ( for Jensen) if the only way Dean could survive or leave purgatory was to let Castiel posses him. If Dean is strong enough to contain Michaels grace Cas would be a doddle and it would allow Dean insight and understanding in to Cas's thinking.



    JC has done some of the best Brother and Dean/Cas eps imo and The End in particular. It had everything, the best funny Dean/Cas moments but more importantly the interaction between Samifer/ Dean the real insight into Dean and Sam's relationship and how they keep each other human was so touching and satisfying as viewer that for me the show could have ended then and there and i'd have been ok.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CharmedOneP391

    CharmedOneP391

    [115]Aug 9, 2012
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 1,107

    Well Padalecki and Ackles have both renewed their contracts for Seasons 9 & 10.


    So now it's just up to The CW and what future they want for the show. I'm assuming the move from Fridays to Wednesdays is a good sign

    Edited on 08/09/2012 10:02pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ilovedean

    ilovedean

    [116]Aug 17, 2012
    • member since: 08/17/12
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1

    libra113 wrote:


    lachlan_j_g wrote:


    I hope Cas & Deanstay in purgatoryfor at least half the season, but make some allies along the way. I hope they find both John and Mary and bring them back too. as for Sam, I reckon during the break, he will have somehow reversed the additive (he is smart, maybe smart enough to do it) or at least destroy the supply so they can't make more (which will lead to people eventually regaining their senses) and then hunt down the remaining Leviathans (I wonder if the demons took any down).


    I wouldn't count on a long stay given how the vocal minority of fans tend to whine and complain if Sam and Dean aren't in the same place at the same time for more than five minutes. Probably, by the end of the first episode Dean, at least, will be back.


    I'm predicting an appearance by Bobby since he was a ghost when he left the mortal coil and would likely end up in Purgatory. I'm also HOPING for an appearance by Mary and John for the same reason.


    Maybe Bobby, Dean and Cas can save them from monsters with an axe to grind with the only former hunters to end up in monster land. Of course there's also a chance that Gordon might show up since he was a vampire when he kicked it and he will not be friendly I'm sure.




    No, I think Dean and Cass will be der for atleast 3 episodes, to bring in the true feeling of their desperation. I dont think John or Mary will be back, but have high hopes on Bobby!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dolphinvaginas

    dolphinvaginas

    [117]Aug 20, 2012
    • member since: 08/20/12
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1
    The show needs to introduce new characters and not revive old ones. We also need some women who aren't over-sexualized, like Jo and Ellen. The show's a total sausage fest.

    Before you keep reading, know that I think Supernatural is amazing and it's my favourite show by a long shot. I've just wanted to post my thoughts on the negatives of the show for a long time. I hope some of you can relate/agree with me

    1. Ditch the cheesy/jazz-like music. It's ok during silly scenes, but it's unnecessary when the boys are just walking around a house or reading a book.

    2. Like I said before, the show's a sausage fest. I thought Charlie would stick around, and I was hoping she would since they closed the door for an opportunity of a sexual relationship between Sam/Dean when she revealed she was a lesbian. I think they've slept with enough girls. They don't need a new one every episode... It gets old.

    3. Let's NOT meet God. I enjoy the Angels and such, but it should stop there. I was skeptical when Castiel said "I am an angel of the Lord" but I think they did a good job "dicking up" the Angels to just the right amount so that they aren't the way most of us pictured them in our heads.

    4. If I could give one piece of advice to the camera crew, directors etc, it would be that YOU SHOULDN'T BE AFRAID TO REFILM SCENES. Especially with JP and JA. They're both great actors, but that doesn't mean they don't have their bad takes, and it doesn't mean you shouldn't re-film them. Because you should.

    5. No more witches. Please. Please. Please. They've had enough screen time.

    6. Jared, you don't need to take such heavy breaths before and after every line!

    7. Jensen, you don't smoke 8 packs of cigarettes a day! Let's bring down the husky voice just like, a notch and a half. You too Misha (even though it got better during his re-appearance at the end of season 7).

    8. More story line, less "Monster of the Weeks". And if it is a MOTW, I'd like to see at least a FEW episodes like Dead In The Water, Wendigo, and The Benders. Less God of Time, God of This, God of That.... Those episode were great, just, you know....

    9. I realize that they probably don't get the most auditions because they're not an incredibly well known show, but sometimes the horrible extras ruin it for me. AND OH MY GOD THE CHILD ACTORS. When the little girl in S7EP02 was possessed by the Leviathan and said something like "I'm hungry. We all are", I cried and then went outside and drowned myself in the lake. It also loops back around to #4.

    10. Let's keep $h!t believable. Not in the Supernatural sense, but I'm pretty sure that if Dean was a real person, he wouldn't have gone to Lisa. Not because it doesn't fit his character, but because it seems like they had some sort of fling a long time ago and like fell in love. It seemed far fetched. I'm pretty sure Sam is smart enough to figure that Dean's in purgatory. Like someone mentioned earlier, I figured that during the commercial between Dick exploding and Cas and Dean in purgatory. Sam's smart.

    I hope they play it by doing something like, Sam having an idea of where Dean is, but meets some chick (hopefully a cool one like Jo and not just some bar-skank) and she convinces him to live a normal life or something. Actually, not that. That's an easy fix. Something plot-twisty would be nice.

    Well cool. Also, let's just put Misha's face in the top right hand corner of the screen for the whole episode because I like his face. It's a nice face.

    Also sorry I'm not proof-reading...

    Which ones do you guys agree with? Disagree? I'd like to know

    Also, everyone on here is so respectful
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CharmedOneP391

    CharmedOneP391

    [118]Aug 23, 2012
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 1,107

    dolphinvaginas wrote:
    The show needs to introduce new characters and not revive old ones. We also need some women who aren't over-sexualized, like Jo and Ellen. The show's a total sausage fest. Before you keep reading, know that I think Supernatural is amazing and it's my favourite show by a long shot. I've just wanted to post my thoughts on the negatives of the show for a long time. I hope some of you can relate/agree with me 1. Ditch the cheesy/jazz-like music. It's ok during silly scenes, but it's unnecessary when the boys are just walking around a house or reading a book. 2. Like I said before, the show's a sausage fest. I thought Charlie would stick around, and I was hoping she would since they closed the door for an opportunity of a sexual relationship between Sam/Dean when she revealed she was a lesbian. I think they've slept with enough girls. They don't need a new one every episode... It gets old. 3. Let's NOT meet God. I enjoy the Angels and such, but it should stop there. I was skeptical when Castiel said "I am an angel of the Lord" but I think they did a good job "dicking up" the Angels to just the right amount so that they aren't the way most of us pictured them in our heads. 4. If I could give one piece of advice to the camera crew, directors etc, it would be that YOU SHOULDN'T BE AFRAID TO REFILM SCENES. Especially with JP and JA. They're both great actors, but that doesn't mean they don't have their bad takes, and it doesn't mean you shouldn't re-film them. Because you should. 5. No more witches. Please. Please. Please. They've had enough screen time. 6. Jared, you don't need to take such heavy breaths before and after every line! 7. Jensen, you don't smoke 8 packs of cigarettes a day! Let's bring down the husky voice just like, a notch and a half. You too Misha (even though it got better during his re-appearance at the end of season 7). 8. More story line, less "Monster of the Weeks". And if it is a MOTW, I'd like to see at least a FEW episodes like Dead In The Water, Wendigo, and The Benders. Less God of Time, God of This, God of That.... Those episode were great, just, you know.... 9. I realize that they probably don't get the most auditions because they're not an incredibly well known show, but sometimes the horrible extras ruin it for me. AND OH MY GOD THE CHILD ACTORS. When the little girl in S7EP02 was possessed by the Leviathan and said something like "I'm hungry. We all are", I cried and then went outside and drowned myself in the lake. It also loops back around to #4. 10. Let's keep $h!t believable. Not in the Supernatural sense, but I'm pretty sure that if Dean was a real person, he wouldn't have gone to Lisa. Not because it doesn't fit his character, but because it seems like they had some sort of fling a long time ago and like fell in love. It seemed far fetched. I'm pretty sure Sam is smart enough to figure that Dean's in purgatory. Like someone mentioned earlier, I figured that during the commercial between Dick exploding and Cas and Dean in purgatory. Sam's smart. I hope they play it by doing something like, Sam having an idea of where Dean is, but meets some chick (hopefully a cool one like Jo and not just some bar-skank) and she convinces him to live a normal life or something. Actually, not that. That's an easy fix. Something plot-twisty would be nice. Well cool. Also, let's just put Misha's face in the top right hand corner of the screen for the whole episode because I like his face. It's a nice face. Also sorry I'm not proof-reading... Which ones do you guys agree with? Disagree? I'd like to know Also, everyone on here is so respectful


    1.It's just background composition music. Every show has it...especially dramas.


    2. I actually agree. We need some strong female characters, the boys' need if not love, then some sort of relationship to fall back on when they aren't in SAM&DEAN against the world mode. Otherwise, what are they fighting for?


    3. I haven't made up my mind about God yet. I'd like to meet him...maybe in the Series Finale though. Id rather it not be Chuck too but what're you gonna do?


    4. I'm pretty sure the camera crew does re film scenes...this is a television show. This isn't amateur hour, here. Scenes that you think could be stronger or better, the director probably thought different.


    5. I don't know what you're talking about here. there's only been 7 episodes that have witches in them...out of 149? I mean...I'm down to see them utilized correctly, as long as the brothers dont end up letting them go if they're murderous ala Shut up Dr Phil.


    6. ahhh...whatever. It's just how Sam has spoken for seven seasons. Shouldn't be surprised by it


    7. That's Dean's voice and Castiel's. I don't really understand your statement.


    8. I prefer more mythology in my Supernatural, as I prefer Seasons 4-5 to any others. But I do agree that a few Standalones should be of great quality and originality. I actually enjoyed 'Time After Time After Time..'


    9. This is a CW show with a limited budget (which is probably an overstatement) we're not going to get the best extras. But to be honest, I always thought that at least 80% of the time the guest stars are doing just fine...it can be difficult to pull off the crazy things this show writes for actors. But everyone has an opinion.


    10. Again, I dont understand. You say it didn't make sense because he seemed to have a fling with her a long time ago and seemed to have fallen in love? So why wouldn't he go back to her after Sam died especially when he promised that to his brother? Don't get me wrong I couldn't stand Lisa, but lets not question why Dean would go to her. It's pretty obvious both these boys would/have fallen for the damsel in distress/white knight situation.


    It's always good to have discussions for what we want our show to look like in the future. I hope TheCW gives Jeremy Carver his 3 year plan to end with Season 10. I'm so happy the showrunner mixup has happened again. I'm not a Gamble hater...but I do prefer Carver.

    Edited on 08/23/2012 2:29pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tvtome_xena321

    tvtome_xena321

    [119]Sep 7, 2012
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 2,526
    CharmedOneP391 wrote:

    Well Padalecki and Ackles have both renewed their contracts for Seasons 9 & 10.


    So now it's just up to The CW and what future they want for the show. I'm assuming the move from Fridays to Wednesdays is a good sign



    If we get 10 seasons, the series will end with 218 episodes in line with Smallville, unless they give us 24 episodes, we will overtake smallville as longest running scifi/fantasy series for the records. Cant remember which show Smallville beat, I think Stargate or X-Files held it before.


    If they are introducing new recurring characters and allies, I hope they don't get killed off, if we have a 3-year plan, 3 years is enough time to introduce some new faces until the end. I think I wouldn't be so cool with them introducing love interests in season 10 when the show is ending.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lachlan_j_g

    lachlan_j_g

    [120]Sep 8, 2012
    • member since: 03/24/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 250

    just watched the preview for the first episode of season 8 - I'm officially excited - should be an interesting season

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.