Supernatural Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Season 8+ News Speculation etc. Thread (possible spoilers)

smegmag

[121]Sep 9, 2012
    • level: 5
    Just watched the preview and I'm officially mildly enthused--there was some exciting stuff but most of it looks like it takes place in purgatory, then there's the reunion with S&D where Sam asks credulously, "you were in purgatory the whole year?" Padalecki tried to sell it, but no, Sam is not that dumb. And apparently while Dean was battling in purgatory and Sam was enjoying his year of not livng dangerously, Kevin somehow manged to escape from Crowley and become some kind of guerilla fighter--didn't see that one coming. BTW, Dean looks good-none the worse from his time in purgatory and Cas looks decidedly feral. Fingers crossed for a good season.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gatoraderising

[122]Sep 10, 2012
    • level: 7
    lachlan_j_g wrote:

just watched the preview for the first episode of season 8 - I'm officially excited - should be an interesting season

Yeah it look's good.

CharmedOneP391

[123]Sep 11, 2012
    • level: 19

The trailer does look really great, but there's got to be something missing to the main arc because I doubt they'd want to reveal the season long arc in a trailer? Or maybe so, i dont know. Can't wait though

lachlan_j_g

[124]Sep 12, 2012
    • level: 11

CharmedOneP391 wrote:

The trailer does look really great, but there's got to be something missing to the main arc because I doubt they'd want to reveal the season long arc in a trailer? Or maybe so, i dont know. Can't wait though

yeah I agree - plus if they do pull it off, it would make for a very lacklustre final few seasons, in my opinion.

markie_081

[125]Sep 12, 2012
    smegmag wrote:
    Just watched the preview and I'm officially mildly enthused--there was some exciting stuff but most of it looks like it takes place in purgatory, then there's the reunion with S&D where Sam asks credulously, "you were in purgatory the whole year?" Padalecki tried to sell it, but no, Sam is not that dumb. And apparently while Dean was battling in purgatory and Sam was enjoying his year of not livng dangerously, Kevin somehow manged to escape from Crowley and become some kind of guerilla fighter--didn't see that one coming. BTW, Dean looks good-none the worse from his time in purgatory and Cas looks decidedly feral. Fingers crossed for a good season.

Well you know we have to make Dean look good the hero has it were it is a requirement on the show . I mean Dean can go and be out of hunting with Lisa and Ben and it is sad but its Sam's fault has he told Dean to go and live normal..

Sam who has been through 180 yrs of torture and then gets a quick fix of course will be wrong because he does not hunt while Dean is battling for survival it is a nice ring to it doesnt it?..

Of course I fully trust the show to give some sort of clarity to this situation ( not) but we shall see..

thedevilsend

[126]Sep 12, 2012
    • level: 3
    well acording to the synopsis for the next episode the season takes place a year after the fight with the leviathons and dean reveals to sam what happened and they find the prophet again and search for another word of god

Hildetorr

[127]Sep 15, 2012
    • level: 3

If this plot for season 8 is going where I think its going I'm thinking they want to end Supernatural this season. Closing the gates of Hell forever would give anySupernaturalfan the impression that they want to conclude this series once and for all after this season ends. Looking at the preview of the first episode it is probably going to be better than the entire 7th season was put together.

Definitely looks to me they want to make this 8th season much better than the abysmal last season but if this is indeed the last season I really hope they go out with a bang this season. The only thing I hope they don't do is give us a cliffhanger for the season finale if this is the final season of the show.

CharmedOneP391

[128]Sep 15, 2012

Hildetorr wrote:

If this plot for season 8 is going where I think its going I'm thinking they want to end Supernatural this season. Closing the gates of Hell forever would give anySupernaturalfan the impression that they want to conclude this series once and for all after this season ends. Looking at the preview of the first episode it is probably going to be better than the entire 7th season was put together.

Definitely looks to me they want to make this 8th season much better than the abysmal last season but if this is indeed the last season I really hope they go out with a bang this season. The only thing I hope they don't do is give us a cliffhanger for the season finale if this is the final season of the show.

Well I'm not going to talk about the network's decisions, but the new showrunner wants the show to run until the end of season 10. With his plot arc beginning with Season 8, and ending with the final episode of Season 10.

Balkroth

[129]Sep 21, 2012
    • level: 1

Ammanda Tapping is in season 8 of supernatural, she's going to make her first appearance in episode 7. I think this is a pretty sweet addition.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2012/09/amanda-tapping-joins-supernaturals-eighth-season/

Tyrathius

[130]Sep 22, 2012
    • level: 4

Bit disappointed Cas is being written out again. I know he's a tricky character to write without trivializing Sam and Dean, but it just seems like they're avoiding the issue altogether. Hopefully he'll be back later in the season, or if he isn't, at least gets a better send-off than he did in season 7.

I also wish they'd left Sam and Dean apart for at least a few episodes before returning Dean to earth. At this point the reunion moments are just overblown since we've seen them so many times and to the viewers it doesn't seem like they were really apart to begin with. Giving us 4 or 5 episodes with them having to survive on their own would have made seeing them meet up again a lot more dramatic.

And Dean doesn't want to tell Sam about Purgatory. Suppose I shouldn't be surprised, but can't for once we just have the two leads talk to each other? Play on the same team for once instead of building up angst? You'd think they'd have learned by now, trying to hide things never does any good.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for this season. At the very least, it looks like it'll be better than 6 and 7 were. But at the same time, I just feel like all the "this could be great as long as they don't..." feelings I had when Dean was first revealed to be in Purgatory are being met one by one.

I'm not sure who Amanda Tapping is, looking through her IMDB profile I don't think I've seen anything she was in, but Supernatural can always use more female characters. Or any characters who aren't Sam and Dean, really.

smegmag

[131]Sep 23, 2012
    markie_081 wrote:
    smegmag wrote:

Well you know we have to make Dean look good the hero has it were it is a requirement on the show . I mean Dean can go and be out of hunting with Lisa and Ben and it is sad but its Sam's fault has he told Dean to go and live normal..

Sam who has been through 180 yrs of torture and then gets a quick fix of course will be wrong because he does not hunt while Dean is battling for survival it is a nice ring to it doesnt it?..

Of course I fully trust the show to give some sort of clarity to this situation ( not) but we shall see..

For the record, I was totally against the poorly developed plot ploy of Dean going off to live with Lisa/Ben while Sam was being used as Lucifer's chew toy. I think it did a disservice to the character and was an insult to the fans, but at least that had the moronic promise Sam forced on Dean to live normal and not try to rescue him to bolster it somewhat. So at least I'm consistent. The new plot with Sam has even less to justify it, I just hope they don't put too many more stupid words in Padelecki's mouth and we can just move on.

RichardCarlso

[132]Sep 26, 2012
    • level: 2

Looks like a great start to season 8. And the Cas mystery really has me excited. Maybe Cas let go of what little sanity he had left? Joined the dark side in Purgatory?

I doubt very much Cas was killed. What thing in Purgatory (excepting the Leviathan) would be strong enough to kill a powerful Angel, but not Dean? Dean says-"Cas didn't make it," "Something happened to him down there. Things got pretty hairy toward the end, and he just let go."

It's the "something happened to him down there" comment by Dean thats the key. Did Cas "let go" (lose control and go on a rampage) and lay waste to Purgatory? Did he let go and allow Lucifer to take control of him? (I still don't believe Lucifer was just a hallucination last season.) Should be very interesting and I doubt we will find out what happened to Cas in the first ep. Like someone else said, Castiel looks feral in the released photos of the season 8 opener. Like a wild and dangerous animal.

KrisTyler

[133]Oct 4, 2012

There is no way that Cas is dead. Dean wouldn't have said it like that. I am very intrigued about this season. I am a little let down that we didn't get to spend time in purgatory with Dean or Dean and Cas but anyway they are going to feed it to us over the season slowly. but I do have one question about this... I know we looked at the idea of where angels go when killed and that other creatures, aside from demons, go to Purgatory. but what happens to a Creature killed in Purgatory... is that the end of all ends or do they recycle?

Thx

doctorwho747

[134]Oct 8, 2012
    Tyrathius wrote:

Bit disappointed Cas is being written out again. I know he's a tricky character to write without trivializing Sam and Dean, but it just seems like they're avoiding the issue altogether. Hopefully he'll be back later in the season, or if he isn't, at least gets a better send-off than he did in season 7.

I also wish they'd left Sam and Dean apart for at least a few episodes before returning Dean to earth. At this point the reunion moments are just overblown since we've seen them so many times and to the viewers it doesn't seem like they were really apart to begin with. Giving us 4 or 5 episodes with them having to survive on their own would have made seeing them meet up again a lot more dramatic.

And Dean doesn't want to tell Sam about Purgatory. Suppose I shouldn't be surprised, but can't for once we just have the two leads talk to each other? Play on the same team for once instead of building up angst? You'd think they'd have learned by now, trying to hide things never does any good.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for this season. At the very least, it looks like it'll be better than 6 and 7 were. But at the same time, I just feel like all the "this could be great as long as they don't..." feelings I had when Dean was first revealed to be in Purgatory are being met one by one.

I'm not sure who Amanda Tapping is, looking through her IMDB profile I don't think I've seen anything she was in, but Supernatural can always use more female characters. Or any characters who aren't Sam and Dean, really.

I read that so far Misha Collins as Cas has been filmed in 8 episodes so far this season but obviously they are keepin which eps and whether it will go past 8 a secret

libra113

[135]Oct 14, 2012
    • level: 27

smegmag wrote:
    markie_081 wrote:
    smegmag wrote:
    Well you know we have to make Dean look good the hero has it were it is a requirement on the show . I mean Dean can go and be out of hunting with Lisa and Ben and it is sad but its Sam's fault has he told Dean to go and live normal.. Sam who has been through 180 yrs of torture and then gets a quick fix of course will be wrong because he does not hunt while Dean is battling for survival it is a nice ring to it doesnt it?.. Of course I fully trust the show to give some sort of clarity to this situation ( not) but we shall see..
    For the record, I was totally against the poorly developed plot ploy of Dean going off to live with Lisa/Ben while Sam was being used as Lucifer's chew toy. I think it did a disservice to the character and was an insult to the fans, but at least that had the moronic promise Sam forced on Dean to live normal and not try to rescue him to bolster it somewhat. So at least I'm consistent. The new plot with Sam has even less to justify it, I just hope they don't put too many more stupid words in Padelecki's mouth and we can just move on.
    Apparently, Sam's response to thesesituationsis run away and hide in a 'normal' life so... He made Dean do it so he did it too. It's some silly, irrational part of Sam's personality.

Gislef

[137]Feb 15, 2013
    • level: 102
    Supernatural renewed for season 9.

As announced here among others sources.

lee2292

[138]Mar 17, 2013

i really love reading this forums so i thought i would have ago myself i would love it if everyone could have a look maybe leave some comments and stuff.http://supernatural-super-fan.tumblr.com/

thanks

CharmedOneP391

[139]Mar 30, 2013

Season 9, wow. I remember being a freshmen in high school and they had a poster for Supernatural up in the cafeteria promoting the first season. I just turned 22. I also love when shows get passed that rocky middle ground (seasons 6&7) and find their tracks again, if Season 8 is any indication.

I'll be back for Season 9 for sure..

PS:Misha Collins will return as a series regular in Season 9.

Edited on 03/30/2013 8:45pm

libra113

[140]Apr 2, 2013
    • level: 27

I remember in the early days of the series always being worried it would be cancelled and the agonizing wait between seasons they used to put us through to find out if it was coming back or not. Glad they don't do that anymore.