Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Season 8 wish list

gatoraderising

[21]Jun 4, 2012
    • level: 7
    libra113 wrote:

gatoraderising wrote:
    RichardCarlso wrote:
    I never felt sorry for Adam. Micheal? He had no more use for humans than Lucifer did and would have happily destroyed the entire planet in his grudge fight with him. And he enjoyed torturing Sam as much as Luci did, so he can stay where he is. As for Lucifer, he's a huge fan favorite, so I have a hunch we will see Pellegrino again. Would like to see the Trickster/Gabriel somehow return, too.
    Well we dont really know if Michael was torturing Sam.
    I seem to recall Cas or Death or someone saying that Micheal and Lucifer both were working Sam over. Of course Sam'sdelusions later don't seem to support that so I guess there's some wiggle room there.

Cas and Crowley both said that Michael and Lucifer were working over Sam but how would they really know whats going on in the cage. It's a given that Lucifer was torturing Sam and i'm sure Michael was too but we just dont know for sure.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

libra113

[22]Jun 4, 2012
    • level: 27

gatoraderising wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

gatoraderising wrote:
    RichardCarlso wrote:
    I never felt sorry for Adam. Micheal? He had no more use for humans than Lucifer did and would have happily destroyed the entire planet in his grudge fight with him. And he enjoyed torturing Sam as much as Luci did, so he can stay where he is. As for Lucifer, he's a huge fan favorite, so I have a hunch we will see Pellegrino again. Would like to see the Trickster/Gabriel somehow return, too.
    Well we dont really know if Michael was torturing Sam.
    I seem to recall Cas or Death or someone saying that Micheal and Lucifer both were working Sam over. Of course Sam'sdelusions later don't seem to support that so I guess there's some wiggle room there.

Cas and Crowley both said that Michael and Lucifer were working over Sam but how would they really know whats going on in the cage. It's a given that Lucifer was torturing Sam and i'm sure Michael was too but we just dont know for sure.
    Yeah it's kinda open but if anyone would know I would think it would king of hell and his silent partner. Still they might have just said that in an attempt to discourage Dean from pushing the issue.

Xenoclock

[23]Jun 7, 2012
    • level: 1

Surprising no one has said they would like to see the return of God. Not just Chuck. Not saying I want to see the brothers fight God (unless verbally), that would just be silly

lachlan_j_g

[24]Jun 7, 2012
    • level: 11

Xenoclock wrote:

Surprising no one has said they would like to see the return of God. Not just Chuck. Not saying I want to see the brothers fight God (unless verbally), that would just be silly

I suppose they could, but why? and how? they would need a weapon to do it, and I think God would be powerful enough to nullify any weapon before they even attempted to find him.

libra113

[25]Jun 7, 2012

lachlan_j_g wrote:

Xenoclock wrote:

I suppose they could, but why? and how? they would need a weapon to do it, and I think God would be powerful enough to nullify any weapon before they even attempted to find him.

Well, Death DID day that one day he would reap God so he CAN die. As to if he can be killed by humans that's a whole other can of worms.

lachlan_j_g

[26]Jun 8, 2012

libra113 wrote:

lachlan_j_g wrote:

Xenoclock wrote:

Well, Death DID day that one day he would reap God so he CAN die. As to if he can be killed by humans that's a whole other can of worms.

yeah Death did say that, but we all know Death is in a ballpark way above Sam & Dean (and everything else they have faced). plus Sam and Dean would have to find God, which would only be possible if he drew attention to himself (which he won't)

Edited on 06/08/2012 1:25am

gatoraderising

[27]Jun 8, 2012
    • level: 7
    Just seeing how hard it was to kill a leviathan I doubt the boys could kill God. If Death can reap God then I bet God could kill Death too.

Xenoclock

[28]Jun 11, 2012
    • level: 1
    I wasn't saying I want them to fight or even try and Kill him. Just for him to make an appearance.

vampman87

[29]Jun 15, 2012
    • level: 4

I want to see the brothers fight Sekhmet, the Egyptian war goddess. In Egyptian mythology the Sun God Ra sent her to kill the Egyptians that stopped worshiping the gods, but she got too crazy and started killing indiscriminately. Fearing she would wipe out all of humanity, Ra filled a lake full of red wine and tinted it with iron to make it taste like blood. Sekhmet drank the lake dry, got drunk and passed out. She's said to still be asleep, but if she ever were to wake up it would be the end of the world. I don't know if she would have the charisma of being season 8's Big Bad, but I would like to see the boys fight an unstoppable, psychotic killing machine (rather than the smart, calculating monsters that the Leviathans were.)

I'd also like them to fight a sphinx, or a goblin, or a gorgon. Since monsters from different countries are converging onto the US (Lamlia, Okami) I'd like to see them fight a few more classical monsters.

libra113

[30]Jun 16, 2012

vampman87 wrote:

I want to see the brothers fight Sekhmet, the Egyptian war goddess. In Egyptian mythology the Sun God Ra sent her to kill the Egyptians that stopped worshiping the gods, but she got too crazy and started killing indiscriminately. Fearing she would wipe out all of humanity, Ra filled a lake full of red wine and tinted it with iron to make it taste like blood. Sekhmet drank the lake dry, got drunk and passed out. She's said to still be asleep, but if she ever were to wake up it would be the end of the world. I don't know if she would have the charisma of being season 8's Big Bad, but I would like to see the boys fight an unstoppable, psychotic killing machine (rather than the smart, calculating monsters that the Leviathans were.)

I'd also like them to fight a sphinx, or a goblin, or a gorgon. Since monsters from different countries are converging onto the US (Lamlia, Okami) I'd like to see them fight a few more classical monsters.

I remember them using her in the Stargate novels by Bill McKay (the ones based on the movie, before the series came out) and she was pretty evil. Not sure it would work as a one shot and like you say not sure she could carry a whole season so I don't know a rare two part story or something maybe.

As for the other I wouldn't get my hopes up unless you mean in human form as the show doesn't really do out and out monsters.

tvtome_xena321

[31]Jul 12, 2012
    No Bobby resurrection, he stays dead. I hate death being wasted, if they want him back, they simply should of never killed him off to begin with. But Bobby can return for flashbacks. Another alternate world episode, with Mary and John alive. I want a reunion with all four. Crowley and Meg to die, they are great but sometimes villains have a used by date. But in Meg's case shes used in small doses which is nice. Another Purgatory episode like in season 5 with Ash and Pamela at the road-house, so maybe an episode reuniting most of the characters with Mary, John, Bobby, Ellen, Jo etc. I'd like this just for the sack of seeing all these characters interacting and present in the same room.

libra113

[32]Jul 12, 2012

tvtome_xena321 wrote:
    No Bobby resurrection, he stays dead. I hate death being wasted, if they want him back, they simply should of never killed him off to begin with. But Bobby can return for flashbacks. Another alternate world episode, with Mary and John alive. I want a reunion with all four. Crowley and Meg to die, they are great but sometimes villains have a used by date. But in Meg's case shes used in small doses which is nice. Another Purgatory episode like in season 5 with Ash and Pamela at the road-house, so maybe an episode reuniting most of the characters with Mary, John, Bobby, Ellen, Jo etc. I'd like this just for the sack of seeing all these characters interacting and present in the same room.
    But don't you think maybe he might show up in Purgatory and play a role in helping Dean and Cas there? I suspect that was the whole point of that story.

tvtome_xena321

[33]Aug 7, 2012
    libra113 wrote:

tvtome_xena321 wrote:
    But don't you think maybe he might show up in Purgatory and play a role in helping Dean and Cas there? I suspect that was the whole point of that story.

I don't mind if he does help him in Purgatory, but not resurrection please. But I'd rather go at least half a season before we see Bobby back, otherwise his goodbye in season 7's final kinda loose its appeal, if he just pops back up so quickly, why at least with John, Ellen, Pamela, they went MIA for a long time before they returned again.

libra113

[34]Aug 8, 2012

tvtome_xena321 wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

tvtome_xena321 wrote:

I don't mind if he does help him in Purgatory, but not resurrection please. But I'd rather go at least half a season before we see Bobby back, otherwise his goodbye in season 7's final kinda loose its appeal, if he just pops back up so quickly, why at least with John, Ellen, Pamela, they went MIA for a long time before they returned again.
    I agree, perhaps they should do it so that no one knows why or how he came back and tie it into the main plot somehow.

Tyrathius

[35]Aug 11, 2012
    • level: 4

I love Bobby, but I think at this point he should just stay dead. Actually I think he should have just stayed dead to begin with, since the Ghost!Bobby arc wound up going nowhere. But anyway...

Bobby may be a fan favorite, but he's also lasted much longer than any other character save the Winchester boys themselves. One of the biggest problems the show is having right now is stagnation, and returning to the status quo by bringing Bobby back is just going to make things worse. They need to be coming up with new and interesting characters to shake things up rather than just relying on old favorites forever.

Edited on 08/11/2012 9:12pm

libra113

[36]Aug 12, 2012

Easier said than done given their track record with new characters.

I don't know if Bobby will return to life or not but I'm betting he show up in Purgatory.

lachlan_j_g

[37]Aug 15, 2012

libra113 wrote:

I don't know if Bobby will return to life or not but I'm betting he show up in Purgatory.

just came across this, thought it was interesting: http://listverse.com/2012/08/14/top-10-monsters-from-lore/

they have done some of those, but not all

libra113

[38]Aug 16, 2012

lachlan_j_g wrote:

libra113 wrote:

just came across this, thought it was interesting: http://listverse.com/2012/08/14/top-10-monsters-from-lore/

Two things: (1) budget and (2) no monsters that can't pass as human

tvtome_xena321

[39]Sep 7, 2012
    libra113 wrote:

lachlan_j_g wrote:

libra113 wrote:

Same I don't have issues with him showing up in Purgatory, but he should stay dead.

I'm not so sure about the budget, I hope its good, but as shows age I rarely ever see them getting a big budget increase, plus the CW the network itself isn't doing too well, but maybe I'm wrong.

As for monsters not being human, that never bothers me one bet, I like monsters that look like monsters. monsters can assume human form in public, but appear as they are in the shadows on/off. But thats just me.

libra113

[40]Oct 14, 2012

tvtome_xena321 wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

lachlan_j_g wrote:

libra113 wrote:

Same I don't have issues with him showing up in Purgatory, but he should stay dead.
    I'm not so sure about the budget, I hope its good, but as shows age I rarely ever see them getting a big budget increase, plus the CW the network itself isn't doing too well, but maybe I'm wrong.
    As for monsters not being human, that never bothers me one bet, I like monsters that look like monsters. monsters can assume human form in public, but appear as they are in the shadows on/off. But thats just me.
    Well, it's a matter of being able to pull off the effect and even then a guy in a mask or make up is just that and it's hard to make it work on TV.