So what does everyone think about animation?

tvtome_xena321

[41]Dec 6, 2011
    • level: 27
    So is there going to be a season 2 of the anime?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

basenji529

[42]Dec 6, 2011
    • level: 15

I haven't even seen season 1 yet. I just imagine Bela saying "anta baka?" whenever she thinks she has something on the Winchester boys.

libra113

[43]Dec 6, 2011
    Last seasons box set has the animated version of "All Hell Breaks Loose" part 1 and 2 (which also actually has JA doing Dean's voice for a change).

I started it but didn't get very far as it was too weird. Sam actually vanishes right in front of our eyes from the front seat of the Impala while he and Dean are stopped in the middle of nowhere eating burgers and it's Missouri who calls Dean to offer help and HER house gets burned down instead of the Roadhouse.

As if all that wasn't weird enough, judging by the interactions between Sam, Ava Wilson and whatishisname from "Simon Said" Sam had never met them before they all showed up in Cold Oak but Sam HAD met Jake Tally's sister and some other realitive AND they had told him about Sam and Dean.

tvtome_xena321

[44]Dec 28, 2011
    libra113 wrote:
    Last seasons box set has the animated version of "All Hell Breaks Loose" part 1 and 2 (which also actually has JA doing Dean's voice for a change).

I started it but didn't get very far as it was too weird. Sam actually vanishes right in front of our eyes from the front seat of the Impala while he and Dean are stopped in the middle of nowhere eating burgers and it's Missouri who calls Dean to offer help and HER house gets burned down instead of the Roadhouse.

As if all that wasn't weird enough, judging by the interactions between Sam, Ava Wilson and whatishisname from "Simon Said" Sam had never met them before they all showed up in Cold Oak but Sam HAD met Jake Tally's sister and some other realitive AND they had told him about Sam and Dean.

Yeah they really changed things, I felt they even rushed the anime, the second season doesn't even start until episode 16, and felt rushed with the pace of remaking it with just 7 episodes. Although I found it interesting, they choose Missouri instead of introducing Ellen in AHBL or earlier, but I actually didn't mind Missouri in this instance. She does fit in well, something I'm sure the writers had planned if the actress wasn't busy, maybe we'd have avoided the roadhouse crew, and they had just kept Missouri on as a contact during season 2.

libra113

[45]Dec 28, 2011
    No. As far as I've always heard there were no plans to use Missouri that way. They apprently decided that they needed new characters in season two and thought the roadhouse and all that was the way to go. I don't fault the idea so much as the way it was carried out. As I've always said it was a mistake to make Ellen and Jo strangers to Sam and Dean. They should have given them prior knowledge of them and it would have been a much smoother transition (like it was with Bobby).

Now I've had people say that if they did that the whole mystery about why they stopped going to the road house and what happened with Ellens husband wouldn't have been possible. I disagree. There's no way John would have told Sam and Dean (as kids) what happened. All they would have know was that something happened and they stopped going and now she was calling John's phone with information. Still works.