Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Stupid things you notice while rewatching episodes

bluelupine

[21]Feb 6, 2007
    • level: 5
    paleogymnast wrote:

libra113 wrote:
    Yeah I heard a long time ago that they do as many of their own stuns as they can (and are allowed to do).

And that 's one of the many aspects that really adds to the show's quality and beleivability.  Most of what you see actually is the actors.  No "fightin' boobs" Buffy here! (which, if you've ever watched Buffy, you'll know that her stunt double is um, much more endowed--very distracting).

.  did you ever see Tomb raider the last one with her water skiing or seadoing  or whatever it's called, stunt double was a man !Everytime I see it I have to laugh. Oh sorry off topic ...bad bluey !
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

libra113

[22]Feb 6, 2007
    • level: 27
    bluelupine wrote:
    paleogymnast wrote:

libra113 wrote:
    Yeah I heard a long time ago that they do as many of their own stuns as they can (and are allowed to do).

And that 's one of the many aspects that really adds to the show's quality and beleivability.  Most of what you see actually is the actors.  No "fightin' boobs" Buffy here! (which, if you've ever watched Buffy, you'll know that her stunt double is um, much more endowed--very distracting).

.  did you ever see Tomb raider the last one with her water skiing or seadoing  or whatever it's called, stunt double was a man !Everytime I see it I have to laugh. Oh sorry off topic ...bad bluey !
    Naw, I saw part of the first one and it seemed like such a cheesy "Indiana Jones" rip off I didn't even WANT to see any more.

pixie9696

[23]Feb 7, 2007
    • level: 19
    libra113 wrote:
    paleogymnast wrote:

libra113 wrote:

Yeah what got me the MOST was the shots where you could see enough of her face to tell it wasn't really her and there are SOME where it looked like she was wearing a cheap blond wig. The sad thing is that while it makes the show better it's part of what's wearing the actors out.
    wearing the actors out... pls dun give up on us!

libra113

[24]Feb 7, 2007
    pixie9696 wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    paleogymnast wrote:

libra113 wrote:

Yeah what got me the MOST was the shots where you could see enough of her face to tell it wasn't really her and there are SOME where it looked like she was wearing a cheap blond wig. The sad thing is that while it makes the show better it's part of what's wearing the actors out.
    wearing the actors out... pls dun give up on us!
    Oh I don't think they're ready to quit just yet. They just have to figure out some way to go easier on them. They are trying, like right now they seem to be alternating from week to week with one of them getting the bulk of the screen time the other one being somewhere else. I was wondering the other day IF the "Law and Order: Criminal Intent" formula would work IF the two other characters were good. Basically, the main guy (I CAN'T remember his name now for some reason)was exhausted and passed out during filming a few times so they added two other detectives and now they alternate (one week it's the original two and the next week it's the two new ones). I THINK it MIGHT work IF they could create two new characters on the level of Sam and Dean (which MIGHT be a hard task)and IF maybe sometimes they crossed them (Sam with a new character, or Dean with a new character) once in awhile. I don't THINK a LOT of us would mind new characters as long as they're GOOD (unlike the Roadhouse Crew) and were handled better (again unlike the Roadhouse Crew).

pixie9696

[25]Feb 7, 2007
    errr... i wouldnt want less of sam or dean.. selfish isnt it? but wow? pass out twice on set? wow, i dun wan tat to happen to J&J either.. tough choice....

libra113

[26]Feb 7, 2007
    pixie9696 wrote:
    errr... i wouldnt want less of sam or dean.. selfish isnt it? but wow? pass out twice on set? wow, i dun wan tat to happen to J&J either.. tough choice....
    Well I think Vincent (won't TRY to spell his last name) has pre-existing medical issues that caused that (some kind of heart condition or whatever)so I wouldn't worry about that, the guys seem healthy. Yeah, that's kind of the hard balancing act the show is in right now: there are those who refuse to accept less of Sam and Dean (and I can't blame them), but then there's the fatigue issue. Something will have to give at some point, I just hope they come up with a good solution. Like I said right now they seem to be alternating between episodes where Sam is on most of the time and Dean is on less, then the other way around the next week. That seems ok, I just wonder if they can keep coming up with excuses for them to be apart like that.

wb_fan

[27]Feb 7, 2007
    • level: 13
    As much as I love the screentime with the boys, for me it's no contest.. if the boys' health ever comes close to being in jeapordy such as the guy from Law and Order--I'd be demanding new characters to give them a break.. not worth their health..so for me it's health over show

wb_fan

[28]Feb 7, 2007
    libra113 wrote:
    pixie9696 wrote:
    Well I think Vincent (won't TRY to spell his last name) has pre-existing medical issues that caused that (some kind of heart condition or whatever)so I wouldn't worry about that, the guys seem healthy. Yeah, that's kind of the hard balancing act the show is in right now: there are those who refuse to accept less of Sam and Dean (and I can't blame them), but then there's the fatigue issue. Something will have to give at some point, I just hope they come up with a good solution. Like I said right now they seem to be alternating between episodes where Sam is on most of the time and Dean is on less, then the other way around the next week. That seems ok, I just wonder if they can keep coming up with excuses for them to be apart like that.

That might be why they wrote in the FBI guy.. if Dean has to keep a low profile, then that means that Jensen won't be workin' quite as much as Jared.. maybe Jensen was feeling the exhaustion and needed a break..

pixie9696

[29]Feb 7, 2007
    wb_fan wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    pixie9696 wrote:

That might be why they wrote in the FBI guy.. if Dean has to keep a low profile, then that means that Jensen won't be workin' quite as much as Jared.. maybe Jensen was feeling the exhaustion and needed a break..
    well, he's older but i agree with u, webby.. i sort of feel tat jensen felt more exhausted than jared this time around.. dun ask me.. i juz felt tat way...

wb_fan

[30]Feb 7, 2007
    yup--cuz if you notice when Jared broke his arm, he didn't have nearly as much screen time as Jensen did.. so they probably are alternating to give the guys a bit of a break..

libra113

[31]Feb 7, 2007
    pixie9696 wrote:
    wb_fan wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    pixie9696 wrote:
    well, he's older but i agree with u, webby.. i sort of feel tat jensen felt more exhausted than jared this time around.. dun ask me.. i juz felt tat way...
    Not to mention Dean is the one, usually, doing the more heroic stuff, the fights and so on. I mean when Sam took on Gordon and the two armed SWAT guys was about as physical he has ever gotten before (something that Jarred said he wanted to do anyway). In any case I didn't mean to alarm anyone I SHOULD say again the actor I'm talking about had a pre-existing condition I just used it as an example because up until adding the two new characters they were in kind of the same boat. They only had two main characters (although they DID have a captain over them, but he wasn't in it nearly as much)and apparently they were having the same situation. Overall I think I like these little temporary fixes that can run as long as needed then be discarded and another one can be added later much better than I like the idea of new characters (although if it comes to that I would be fine with it as long as they're GOOD). I wouldn't even mind so much if they did an episode or two where Bobby teams with either Sam or Dean, or Missouri ends up taking a more hands role in an episode (much like in the later stages of "Home")teaming with one of them or maybe even Bobby AND Missouri with a little impute from Sam and Dean.

snaturalwonder

[32]Feb 7, 2007
    • level: 11
    libra113 wrote:
    snaturalwonder wrote:
    ImpalaFan wrote:

Oh, yeah I remember him throwing the lighter on good Dr. Ellocott's bones in Asylum.  He must have an endless supply of them ~

I'll have to remember to listen for "paging Dr. Kripke" the next time I watch IMTOD.  I've watched it probably 20 times (my fav. Season 2 ep. so far) but have never noticed that 

yeah he jus has a plain Zippo, probably has a lot of them......mine's got a Trucker Fairy on it!
    I got one recently that's coffin shaped and has a grey looking dagger on the front with a neat little handle design. It needs to be refilled though and doesn't work right now.

ah see I only mentioned my favourite one (I love faeries, ALL things faery really) - I also have a spiders web one with a spider and a dagger, a Celtic knot with a dragon one, a KH hearts logo one & bought my friend an amazing black Stones flamey tongue logo one ppl are always asking what the hell I do with them - the answer is frankly, not a bloody lot but I jus have this fascination with lighters - I think it is years of seeing ppl on tv using zippos for every heroic thing ever so im like 'ah mock me now but when we need to start a fire in the woods/ light up a haunted asylum/ burn some bones - THEN you'll be grateful to me!!!'

on the whole Buffy stunt double front you probly all know she was also the s/d for the Pink Ranger on Power Rangers 2 and the most distracting thing about her from my pov was the fact shes about fifteen years older than either of them!

ooh and dont get me started on Tomb Raider.....I LOVE the games & Lara - its a whole thing I wont go into it but yeah WHAT the hell did they do there with the films!!!!! appalling!

libra113

[33]Feb 7, 2007
    snaturalwonder wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    snaturalwonder wrote:
    ImpalaFan wrote:

Oh, yeah I remember him throwing the lighter on good Dr. Ellocott's bones in Asylum.  He must have an endless supply of them ~

I'll have to remember to listen for "paging Dr. Kripke" the next time I watch IMTOD.  I've watched it probably 20 times (my fav. Season 2 ep. so far) but have never noticed that 

yeah he jus has a plain Zippo, probably has a lot of them......mine's got a Trucker Fairy on it!
    I got one recently that's coffin shaped and has a grey looking dagger on the front with a neat little handle design. It needs to be refilled though and doesn't work right now.
    ah see I only mentioned my favourite one (I love faeries, ALL things faery really) - I also have a spiders web one with a spider and a dagger, a Celtic knot with a dragon one, a KH hearts logo one & bought my friend an amazing black Stones flamey tongue logo one ppl are always asking what the hell I do with them - the answer is frankly, not a bloody lot but I jus have this fascination with lighters - I think it is years of seeing ppl on tv using zippos for every heroic thing ever so im like 'ah mock me now but when we need to start a fire in the woods/ light up a haunted asylum/ burn some bones - THEN you'll be grateful to me!!!' on the whole Buffy stunt double front you probly all know she was also the s/d for the Pink Ranger on Power Rangers 2 and the most distracting thing about her from my pov was the fact shes about fifteen years older than either of them! ooh and dont get me started on Tomb Raider.....I LOVE the games & Lara - its a whole thing I wont go into it but yeah WHAT the hell did they do there with the films!!!!! appalling!
    Wow coming off like a bit of a fire bug there. Maybe we should call you Pyro or Sparky. Just kidding don't set me on fire. I actually got mine while in a store check out line, guess they were left over from Halloween I just liked the way it looks.

snaturalwonder

[34]Feb 7, 2007
    well I have a nickname but those sure are cute nicknames if anyone wants to take em!!

Id never set you on fire...... *mwhahahahahahaa*.......(at least not so they cld trace it to me )

pixie9696

[35]Feb 7, 2007
    libra113 wrote:
    pixie9696 wrote:
    wb_fan wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    pixie9696 wrote:
    Not to mention Dean is the one, usually, doing the more heroic stuff, the fights and so on. I mean when Sam took on Gordon and the two armed SWAT guys was about as physical he has ever gotten before (something that Jarred said he wanted to do anyway). In any case I didn't mean to alarm anyone I SHOULD say again the actor I'm talking about had a pre-existing condition I just used it as an example because up until adding the two new characters they were in kind of the same boat. They only had two main characters (although they DID have a captain over them, but he wasn't in it nearly as much)and apparently they were having the same situation. Overall I think I like these little temporary fixes that can run as long as needed then be discarded and another one can be added later much better than I like the idea of new characters (although if it comes to that I would be fine with it as long as they're GOOD). I wouldn't even mind so much if they did an episode or two where Bobby teams with either Sam or Dean, or Missouri ends up taking a more hands role in an episode (much like in the later stages of "Home")teaming with one of them or maybe even Bobby AND Missouri with a little impute from Sam and Dean.
    these conversation reminds me of jensen's interview when he heard there were other actors who can take a break or two to hawaii.. and he was like "here i was, being thrilled when i dun ve any shooting scenes to do at the end of the day"... sooo sad for him..

snaturalwonder

[36]Feb 7, 2007
    yeah but its also what makes him so adorable - i think its cool that he works so hard and is so committed, he's a good example to other young actors - if only the poor guy got the recognition and credit he deserves! *sob*

sciencegeek51

[37]Feb 7, 2007
    • level: 8
    snaturalwonder wrote:
    i saw that too - the salt i mean

i think its really them in the fence shot too cause its on the gag reel when they dont quite make it bless them!

They've had "fun" scaling a number of fences.... the chain link one in Asylum,  the other one top with barb wire in PT - Dean uses his Blues Brothers jacket on the top wire, the gag reel one is the wrought iron gate in Provenance...  plus the walls, ladders & stairs.  They sure can burn those calories....  

DreamCruise

[38]Feb 7, 2007
    sciencegeek51 wrote:

They've had "fun" scaling a number of fences.... the chain link one in Asylum,  the other one top with barb wire in PT - Dean uses his Blues Brothers jacket on the top wire, the gag reel one is the wrought iron gate in Provenance...  plus the walls, ladders & stairs.  They sure can burn those calories....  
    That means more donuts.   Now I don't know which ep I saw that climbing the fence scene in, I just remember JA only needing three "steps" to get over it, being upside down at one point and then landing on his feet.   And Libra, a couple posts ago I think you mentioned Bobby and Missouri teaming up with Sam and Dean. Great idea.  Or  about an episode where both Sam and Dean are missing, and Bobby and Missouri will have to find them....

CuteLioness

[39]Feb 7, 2007
    • level: 15
    DreamCruise wrote:
    sciencegeek51 wrote:

That means more donuts.   Now I don't know which ep I saw that climbing the fence scene in, I just remember JA only needing three "steps" to get over it, being upside down at one point and then landing on his feet.   And Libra, a couple posts ago I think you mentioned Bobby and Missouri teaming up with Sam and Dean. Great idea.  Or  about an episode where both Sam and Dean are missing, and Bobby and Missouri will have to find them....

Yeah, see, great in theory but in practise are they gonna be able to get the actors for long enough, especially if they decide to make it a regular thing?

snaturalwonder

[40]Feb 7, 2007
    DreamCruise wrote:
    sciencegeek51 wrote:

this isnt very relevant but DreamCruise - I LOVE your sig quote! *lol*