Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWIn Season

They've killed Azazel, Lucifer, Michael, Raphael, but there biggest enemy, DICK!

  • Avatar of Oziez

    Oziez

    [1]Nov 19, 2011
    • member since: 02/05/10
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 78

    oh my god... is this dumb corporate asshole really the big bad of season 7? really? and whats more his name is dick? this show has lost it, not just because of the name of the big bad, but who he is, how weak leviathans are, how many fillers there are and none of them attempting to be scary, no more castiel, AHH!!! Deans boring, depressing new attitude. the very fact that leviathans don't talk like cas did when he was chalked-full of em, they dont seem evil enough, threatening enough. chop off there heads and put em where they wont find them... wow clever move, first thing anyone would think of... the very fact that they get the chance to cut off there heads without the leviathans being able to react, the fact that some random filler witch could paralyse a leviathan for TWO DAYS!, these creatures are supposed to be the first creations! like before angels, mother, gods first experiment, it would make sense if they explained that there flawed because they are first creations, but they made them seem all powerful. i would fight a leviathan, gimme a machete and i'm good to go, maybe some cleaning agent too! Bottom line, people are going to defend this show, because its still better than the other crap TV has to offer, but still, Eric Kripke was right, its done, they've gone far enough, look at what happened, he came back to write the season 6 finale and it was amazing, and set up the series in an awesome direction, however Sera Gamble spit in his face and dropped the storyline at the very beginning, which seemed like a cool way to go, until we met the Leviathans and realized they are like demons but easier to kill...



    In closing, im just saying... and please admit, it bothers you how human, and weak the Leviathans are.... (Facial Expression before they eat someone doesn't count) the names are stupid, Supernatural is a soap opera now... you've seen the episode titles too... they're getting stupid as well "Season 7, Time For A Wedding" "Shh... my favourite soap is on"

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lachlan_j_g

    lachlan_j_g

    [2]Nov 19, 2011
    • member since: 03/24/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 250

    Oziez wrote:


    oh my god... is this dumb corporate asshole really the big bad of season 7? really? and whats more his name is dick? this show has lost it, not just because of the name of the big bad, but who he is, how weak leviathans are, how many fillers there are and none of them attempting to be scary, no more castiel, AHH!!! Deans boring, depressing new attitude. the very fact that leviathans don't talk like cas did when he was chalked-full of em, they dont seem evil enough, threatening enough. chop off there heads and put em where they wont find them... wow clever move, first thing anyone would think of... the very fact that they get the chance to cut off there heads without the leviathans being able to react, the fact that some random filler witch could paralyse a leviathan for TWO DAYS!, these creatures are supposed to be the first creations! like before angels, mother, gods first experiment, it would make sense if they explained that there flawed because they are first creations, but they made them seem all powerful. i would fight a leviathan, gimme a machete and i'm good to go, maybe some cleaning agent too! Bottom line, people are going to defend this show, because its still better than the other crap TV has to offer, but still, Eric Kripke was right, its done, they've gone far enough, look at what happened, he came back to write the season 6 finale and it was amazing, and set up the series in an awesome direction, however Sera Gamble spit in his face and dropped the storyline at the very beginning, which seemed like a cool way to go, until we met the Leviathans and realized they are like demons but easier to kill...


    In closing, im just saying... and please admit, it bothers you how human, and weak the Leviathans are.... (Facial Expression before they eat someone doesn't count) the names are stupid, Supernatural is a soap opera now... you've seen the episode titles too... they're getting stupid as well "Season 7, Time For A Wedding" "Shh... my favourite soap is on"



    firstly, they didn't kill Michael or Lucifer - just defeated them. secondly, the dick is more powerful than you think - it controls most men's desires, and if not treated with proper respect can really make your life a living hell. hahaha. but seriously, the season isn't over yet and I'm pretty sure that we will see what the Leviathans are really upto before too long. and yes, a random filler witchdid paralyse one for a couple of days because said witch was like over 800 years old and mega powerful. just like angels have their weaknesses, so do these guys. as for the borax, it's a weapon we haven't seen before - it's called thinking outside the box.


    I don't think the Leviathans are weak - if they were then the demons would have taken them out already. as for the episode titles, it's a little thing called "Comedy" - the "Season 7, Time for a Wedding" is a witty reference to most shows having had a wedding by season 7. as for Sera Gamble being crap, do you not think that she ran stuff past Kripke first? and he would have looked at it and gone, yeah ok that sounds interesting/plausible? season 6 wasn't the best season but at least it gave us a new take on monsters and purgatory. and now we have the leviathans. just wait till season 7 is finished, you will see

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [3]Nov 19, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,388
    Yeah, I'm kind of tired of people judging the season as a whole without having seen the whole thing or having any idea where it's going and what's going to happen.

    It's like last season people kept whining about this thing or that thing and how unconnected it all seemed then bam the connections became clear and we had it.

    I also have to say again (as I have many times): IF you don't like the show anymore then don't watch it. Just becasue it's on doen't mean you HAVE to watch it. If I felt like the people on here to can't do anything but complain I would just bail and move on. I wouldn't watch the episodes and come on here to complain over and over again.

    I have better things to do with my time than that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of danharr

    danharr

    [4]Nov 20, 2011
    • member since: 04/30/05
    • level: 45
    • rank: Swizzle-Bird
    • posts: 10,962

    Wow OP represents the sad state of tv.com users all emotion no brains. Other than the inaccuracies of the post Dick is obviously a tongue and cheek joke and yeah the big bad leviathan is a corporate muckety muck welcome to the 21st century pal.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [5]Nov 20, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,388
    danharr wrote:

    Wow OP represents the sad state of tv.com users all emotion no brains. Other than the inaccuracies of the post Dick is obviously a tongue and cheek joke and yeah the big bad leviathan is a corporate muckety muck welcome to the 21st century pal.

    Hey it did wonders fro Lex Luthour. By far John Byrne's Lex Luthour as a ruthless business man with the public rep of being a good guy and a cadre of lawyers and publisists to keep it that way is my favorite and WAY more fun than mad scientist Lex or evil super villian in green and purple armor Lex.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of zan4

    zan4

    [6]Nov 21, 2011
    • member since: 09/15/08
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 404
    keep in mind dick isnt human and this is the first time a demon type creature is smart enough to put themselves in a place of true power in our modern world. If you can controller one of the strongest company you can give or take control the whole world.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gatoraderising

    gatoraderising

    [7]Nov 21, 2011
    • member since: 02/23/11
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 431
    Oziez wrote:

    oh my god... is this dumb corporate asshole really the big bad of season 7? really? and whats more his name is dick? this show has lost it, not just because of the name of the big bad, but who he is, how weak leviathans are, how many fillers there are and none of them attempting to be scary, no more castiel, AHH!!! Deans boring, depressing new attitude. the very fact that leviathans don't talk like cas did when he was chalked-full of em, they dont seem evil enough, threatening enough. chop off there heads and put em where they wont find them... wow clever move, first thing anyone would think of... the very fact that they get the chance to cut off there heads without the leviathans being able to react, the fact that some random filler witch could paralyse a leviathan for TWO DAYS!, these creatures are supposed to be the first creations! like before angels, mother, gods first experiment, it would make sense if they explained that there flawed because they are first creations, but they made them seem all powerful. i would fight a leviathan, gimme a machete and i'm good to go, maybe some cleaning agent too! Bottom line, people are going to defend this show, because its still better than the other crap TV has to offer, but still, Eric Kripke was right, its done, they've gone far enough, look at what happened, he came back to write the season 6 finale and it was amazing, and set up the series in an awesome direction, however Sera Gamble spit in his face and dropped the storyline at the very beginning, which seemed like a cool way to go, until we met the Leviathans and realized they are like demons but easier to kill...



    In closing, im just saying... and please admit, it bothers you how human, and weak the Leviathans are.... (Facial Expression before they eat someone doesn't count) the names are stupid, Supernatural is a soap opera now... you've seen the episode titles too... they're getting stupid as well "Season 7, Time For A Wedding" "Shh... my favourite soap is on"



    How did they make the Leviathans seem all powerful or evil? All we really know about them is that they were God's first beasts and God locked them in Purgatory because they were destructive and would destroy everything around them. Why not give the Leviathans a chance, we don't even know what their true goal is.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Oziez

    Oziez

    [8]Nov 21, 2011
    • member since: 02/05/10
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 78

    so you guys all support the direction the show is going? your saying that it is getting better? your saying you agree that the most powerful evil being in the world would be a dude named dick? im not saying i dont like the show, im saying that after the peak season... 5, the show has been going downhill, too much filler and its not trying to be scary, interesting anymore. i feel i have to pray that theres gonna be a story linear episode because of how bad fillers are getting, - The Mentalists which was the exception this season. and i'd like to mention, Eric Kripke left the show as creator and writer, now he kinda just stands by, he has no say in what sarah produces anymore, or maybe he does, but sarah is the show runner so i highly doubt that.



    I'm not trashing supernatural, don't get me wrong, but its mostly the power thing for me, castiel as the leviathans was scary, thrilling, he had such an ominous presence, however seeing the leviathans talking over the phone, working as people, and how easy they get decapitated they just don't seem very threatening enough, i mean, even demons talked through chalices with blood, angels can speak through each others minds, but leviathans have unlimited incoming... evil shit

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Oziez

    Oziez

    [9]Nov 21, 2011
    • member since: 02/05/10
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 78

    and libra, judging on how many posts you have, and not being an administrator or anything, i think your life consist's completely of ranting and protecting your favourite shows, you clearly don't have better things to do with your life.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [10]Nov 22, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,388
    Oziez wrote:

    so you guys all support the direction the show is going? your saying that it is getting better? your saying you agree that the most powerful evil being in the world would be a dude named dick? im not saying i dont like the show, im saying that after the peak season... 5, the show has been going downhill, too much filler and its not trying to be scary, interesting anymore. i feel i have to pray that theres gonna be a story linear episode because of how bad fillers are getting, - The Mentalists which was the exception this season. and i'd like to mention, Eric Kripke left the show as creator and writer, now he kinda just stands by, he has no say in what sarah produces anymore, or maybe he does, but sarah is the show runner so i highly doubt that.



    I'm not trashing supernatural, don't get me wrong, but its mostly the power thing for me, castiel as the leviathans was scary, thrilling, he had such an ominous presence, however seeing the leviathans talking over the phone, working as people, and how easy they get decapitated they just don't seem very threatening enough, i mean, even demons talked through chalices with blood, angels can speak through each others minds, but leviathans have unlimited incoming... evil shit

    Actually I didn't think season five was that great. It was split between the main story episodes and the 'we think this the last season so we have to do this or that becasue we won't be able to later' and the latter catigory was REALLY irritating (don't even get me started on making the Trickster an angel and how stupid and pointless that move was). Also, the whole season felt rushed and like it could have benifited from being split between seasons five and six to give the overall story more room to work out at more natural pace. This whole season five limit thing was bogus and stupid from the moment it was uttered to the public and the show paid the price.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [11]Nov 22, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,388
    Oziez wrote:

    and libra, judging on how many posts you have, and not being an administrator or anything, i think your life consist's completely of ranting and protecting your favourite shows, you clearly don't have better things to do with your life.

    It's amazing how much posting you can do with high speed internet. I have a full time job, help a friend with his independent movie business and thousand other things I just also have time management skills.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Katiki

    Katiki

    [12]Nov 23, 2011
    • member since: 01/30/09
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 11


    I'm loving the Leviathans! They're behaving in interesting new ways, organizing and mobilizing and infiltrating our society. Usually it's the hunters hunting the monsters, but they have turned the tables and they are hunting Sam and Dean, and doing it in very crafty and cunning ways. Plus they make evil fun, they think all victims taste better with cheese, they keep bodies in the trunk for roadside snacks, they quote Pulp Fiction, and they put lobster bibs on their own kind for a ritualistic suicide called "bibbing."


    As for Dick, I am loving that they are casting a corporate asshole as the big boss. It is incredibly timely and resonates strongly with the current zeitgeist. Have you heard of the 99%? Occupy Wall Street? The real dicks on Wall Street who got megarich with their amoral financial scams plunged the world into a severe depression and toppled millions of people into poverty. In America alone, they destroyed 7.9 million jobs (many of them permanently) and turned millions more out of their homes. I was very happy that they had cast Dick in this role, it is smart and à propos. Plus, it fits perfectly with the Leviathans' modus operandi--infiltrate and take over from within. And calling him Dick gave us those bits of humor I love so much, like "The Rising of Dick" and "Dick is coming." Ever heard of Dick Cheney? Real-life dicks are named Dick, so why not fictional dicks?


    I think an enemy as ruthless and sneaky as the Leviathans is quite scary. An upfront attack that you can see is not as scary as something that is slithering around under the surface, striking you when you least expect it. Like taking over your doctor's body, anesthetizing you, and dragging you down to the morgue for some liver, fava beans and a nice Chianti. The fact they are herding humans like cattle, drugging them to make them fat and compacent, is creepy as all hell.


    As for season 6, it was done with a film noir theme. The layers of mystery that are very gradually pulled back, only to reveal another mystery underneath, is classic noir. It is well-known for its twists and turns, its disparate pieces only forming a big picture at the end, and for plunging the viewer into the action and only revealing what got them to that point later on. (As in they introduce us to soulless Sam long before we find out he is soulless.) Some people don't enjoy that type of thing, fair enough. But if you like film noir, then it was actually smart and well-done, and I respect them to no end for having the balls to try something different. Missyjack wrote a great meta essay called "Supernatural Noir: Season 6 in Review" http://www.blog.supernaturalwiki.com/?p=77


    I think season 6 is underappreciated, but there is no denying that Kripke's fake five-year plan wrote them into a corner. I say "fake" because it later came out that he had only told the network he had a five-year plan to persuade them to renew the show for a couple more years when it was on the bubble in season 3. Then they went on writing thinking they would get no more than 5 years. On top of posing the problem of what do you do post Apocalypse, it psyched some fans into leaving the show or disliking it after that, thinking its continuation disrespected kripke's artistic vision, when in actuality it had been just a ploy. In actual fact, Kripke was completely okay with the show continuing, saying they had only closed a chapter, not the whole story, and they could start a new chapter. He had new projects he wanted to develop, so he ceded the managerial duties to Sera, but stayed on for the creative aspects as executive producer. He was in the writers' room breaking every story, he revised every script, he made all the creative decisions with Sera and Bob Singer. He even joked Sera and Bob wished he would let go of the reins a little more. It's too bad that a misunderstanding of all this has led to some negative predisposition to the show post-season 5.


    They did write themselves out of that corner, by pulling threads from the apolcalypse story and weaving it into something new. They also had to find new writers, after losing some of their talent, and the new ones they have now, Robbie Thompson and the new Bens are extremely promising. So in some ways, season 6 was a rebuilding season, but it is really paying off in season 7.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [13]Nov 23, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,388
    Yeah, I agree especailly with that self fullfilling prophecy bit about the showing going for more than five seasons.

    I saw all of this coming at the time and wished they would just shut up about five season to avoid this very thing and now it's happening.

    There are people who with nitpick and complain just becasue it's season six or later (even if they're not aware that's what they're doing).

    I remember when I first came on her during season one and it was about figuring out what this meant or that meant. NEVER do I recall anyone complaining because they did't explain EVERYTHING in the first episode. Now it seems like people on here now want the whole story spoonfed to them right away and want to complain when they don't get it and that is just sad.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of basenji529

    basenji529

    [14]Nov 30, 2011
    • member since: 03/12/09
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,935

    I'd say Dick is a perfect name for the prince of darkness.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.