Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

What do you think of Season 7 so far??

libra113

[81]Nov 24, 2011
    • level: 27
    Yeah, all of that are kind of just taken for granted by the viewers and not really made an issue of. I would argue a car is a bit of a bigger issue but yeah they have to kind of let that go becasue the car is such a part of the show.

There has been talk in the past about why they don't wear gloves (I think it even came up in one of the novels and Dean suggested it made handling a gun too diffcult). As for the disquises I've often thought about that (especially since "Skin") but again that's a thing where it just wouldn't work on this show and given the way other shows have delt with such things I don't think I would want the to try. Still might be fun if they dyed their hair or something even if it just paid lip service to the notion of the Levithans being on their tail.

Hey, at least Bela was really good at such things with multiple wigs and stuff and her turn as the waitress in "Bad Day At Black Rock" was fun.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hell693

[82]Dec 4, 2011
    • level: 11
    libra113 wrote:
    Yeah, all of that are kind of just taken for granted by the viewers and not really made an issue of. I would argue a car is a bit of a bigger issue but yeah they have to kind of let that go becasue the car is such a part of the show.

There has been talk in the past about why they don't wear gloves (I think it even came up in one of the novels and Dean suggested it made handling a gun too diffcult). As for the disquises I've often thought about that (especially since "Skin") but again that's a thing where it just wouldn't work on this show and given the way other shows have delt with such things I don't think I would want the to try. Still might be fun if they dyed their hair or something even if it just paid lip service to the notion of the Levithans being on their tail.

Hey, at least Bela was really good at such things with multiple wigs and stuff and her turn as the waitress in "Bad Day At Black Rock" was fun.

After reading this i miss Bela so much now she was one of my favorite characters who died.

libra113

[83]Dec 4, 2011
    hell693 wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

After reading this i miss Bela so much now she was one of my favorite characters who died.
    Yeah, always liked her and felt some of the fans didn't give her the chance to live up to the potiental she had. Funny enough the actress who played her is on "Walking Dead" now (at least for the time being). She's got short hair now and I almost didn't reconise her until I saw her on an interview after the show.

basenji529

[84]Dec 4, 2011
    • level: 15

Is it a bad sign that I fell asleep in the middle of Friday's ep?

libra113

[85]Dec 4, 2011
    basenji529 wrote:

See your doctor right away.

Mischa

[86]Dec 4, 2011
    • level: 4

Eh, I'd like to wait until the end to judge the season overall. In my opinion, episode 1, Shut Up, Dr. Phil, and episode 10 were the only standouts. I'm really disliking the Leviathan plot and it isn't worth it to lose Cas and Bobby. I hope Cas comes back because right now that is the only thing I think could make this season 8-10/10 for me. I'm having trouble remembering some of the other episodes, and I don't see that as a good sign so far.

Edited on 12/04/2011 4:34pm

moy

[87]Dec 4, 2011
    • level: 1

Yep, there is room for an special chapter with all characters missed from the others seasons, (castiel, gabriel, bela, rufus, jhon, etc) do nt you think?

gatoraderising

[88]Dec 6, 2011
    • level: 7
    libra113 wrote:
    hell693 wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

Yeah, always liked her and felt some of the fans didn't give her the chance to live up to the potiental she had. Funny enough the actress who played her is on "Walking Dead" now (at least for the time being). She's got short hair now and I almost didn't reconise her until I saw her on an interview after the show.

I always liked Bela too.

basenji529

[89]Dec 6, 2011
    • level: 15

libra113 wrote:
    basenji529 wrote:

It's not that; I've had a lot of overtime, and I've actually missed a lot of this season because I'm working Friday nights most of the time.

libra113

[90]Dec 6, 2011
    basenji529 wrote:

libra113 wrote:
    basenji529 wrote:

It's not that; I've had a lot of overtime, and I've actually missed a lot of this season because I'm working Friday nights most of the time.

Oh okay

atbaldwin417

[91]Dec 24, 2011

This being my first post ever I want to state that I don't mean at all to offend anyone's opinion or undermine it or insult it. Moving on, Season 7 is dealing with the issues that occurred in Season 6. Best example that I ca give is in the episode, "The French Mistake"...which I loved...BUT you can get the sense from those who normally appear off-screen/behind the scenes (Robert Singer moaning about "Season 6..." in a way that gets you thinking, "UM, do y'all know where you're steering this thing?")...that maybe they didn't expect or prepare as much as they would have liked to for a Season 6 let alone a Season 7! That's a ton of pressure, and I remember that episode striking me as very forced at times, but very honest at other moments.

In saying that, Season 6's finale was interesting to watch knowing that another season was to follow...I watched the Season 7 opener and was anxious for when Castiel (Misha Collins...Who has brought such an amazing amount of fun to the series) would return...I have since been awaiting his return...I don't think it was the best choice to remove him...and now the possibility of Bobby...That's just too much to take away!

Take one (as sad as it makes me to lose either one), but NOT both...I think that it would be a horrible mistake to remove both characters...The loss of viewers would be evident.

The show used to not take itself so seriously, it used to make me laugh, but it's gotten so dark (remember when even in it's darkest moments in the past you still could crack a smile or laugh at a joke?).

Either they are trying to hard or not trying enough. I could care less about the Leviathan honestly, I still have trouble trying to understand why they are important. At first, they just seemed like a 3-episode arc type of thing.

Everything just seems jumbled and hastily put together lately. I'm also sick of the Sam being so screwed up stuff...these characters need a freaking break! So do the people involved with inventing the future storyline of this season. I have got my fingers crossed that in January things will be figured out. I need to have a reason to hate the current "big bad", but for now, this season has been harder to to watch. This year's enemy feels like the seemingly overwhelming threat that usually lasts one episode or story arc that has gone on WAY TOO LONG. I honestly don't care about them, I just want them dead and gone and a better more emotionally connected enemy.

DaisyJune

[92]Jan 30, 2012

My only problem with Season 7 is the cinematography. It is really very bad. It is basically point and shoot, and move on. The blame mostly falls on the directors I would think. Ugh, it's just the framing is awkward, the shots are not visually appealing, bland, and even with this last episodes glorious 40s look (set design and costume department did so, so well) there was a failure to utilize the time period in their shooting style AND the last scene with Jason Dohring was framed strangely...again. I'm not saying they need to bring back the high contrast and diluted coloring of the first season, but some of the magic and creativity that Kim Manners brought to his episodes would be appreciated. 'In My Time of Dying' is a perfect example of a well shot episode from him.

clockswork

[93]Feb 1, 2012

Yeah, well, what can I say?

Having just Dean and Sam in the show worked back in season one when we didn't know anything about the characters but now we know them backwards we have quickly learned they NEED others to bounce off of the show is reduced to the same argument over and over ("You're my brother. I love you but I don't trust you. Well, I trust you but actually no I don't and I am about to prove that by going behind your back and doing such and such". "I can't be around you. Actually... I can't not be around you."

I need more. I don't care about the Leviathons. I don't care about the historically inaccurate fillers full of rip offs of Tom's Midnight Garden. I'm tired of very very blatant references to rip offs from Kill Bill and Good Omens. In fact I'm sick of seeing things I've seen elsewhere. I miss when SPN was SUPERNATURAL. It had it's own flavour. It wasn't some flacid patchwork grab from every bit pop culture you can find on the front page of Starlog. SPN has lost its way. It's currently lurching from one bit of filler to the next, with only Edlund there to add some heart.

I have loved Dean since the first ep but I can't care what he does anymore. Much of it is is for how little forgiveness he had for Cas, who was only trying to help, some of it is the boring, disaffected manner. It's just getting painful to watch him footle about, faking smile after smile (and perhaps boring for Jensen to play). Please some progress with him would be good. Has he given up? If he in a holding pattern? Does he really not care? Some clue as to what's really going on, some real attention to his character, is sorely needed. Sam, I am actually liking Sam at the moment. I can admire his strength but that's not enough.

There is no joy in this thing. Most of the jokes fall flat, at least to me. It all feels forced and the room is stuffed full of elephants.

SPN is a great big bag of holes where ideas and life and characters should be. I miss Cas because the show needed him. He was one of the best characters on tv and had a tonne of untapped potential. I miss Bobby because he brough balance to the chaos. Hell, even Ruby added a different angle.

It's way too late to go back to the Sam and Dean show. Seasons 4 and 5 were strong and cohesive and the difference here is clear. I'm hoping Cas come back but I no longer expect it will be satisfying when he does. That leaves only Crowley and Meg to look forward to and, since I only like Crowley best I can hope for he him munting the Leviathans, Sam's brain exploding in a hail of Luci and Cas kicking Dean in the pants in a rainy alley. I still love this show but I'm hanging in pretty damn grimly.