Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

What happend to Colts gun?

  • Avatar of oxohydroxo

    oxohydroxo

    [1]Mar 6, 2011
    • member since: 02/17/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 21

    We know from Lucifer that it can't kill just five things in all of creation.


    I think they are :


    1. Archangels (or possibly all angels)


    2. Reapers


    3. The Horsemen


    4. Pegan Deities


    5. Mother of All


    (God and Death predate creation so i guess there is no point putting them on the list)



    With this in mind why aren't the brothers using it anymore? The same goes for the knife (Ruby's). Does anyone know?


    Thanks in advance!

    Edited on 03/06/2011 3:39pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [2]Mar 6, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385
    Well, the bulk of this season has been about capturing and interrigating the creatures they've delt with so using the Colt and the knife would be out of the question.

    As for the list, not sure I would put the pagon gods on that list since they're so weak these days and can be killed fairly easily. I WOULD put God and Death on that list simply becasue they probably can't be killed, exempting them becasue they predate the colt doesn't make sence becasue the colt was only made in the 1800's so a lot of things predate it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Tsumiena

    Tsumiena

    [3]Mar 6, 2011
    • member since: 07/06/08
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 95
    oxohydroxo wrote:

    With this in mind why aren't the brothers using it anymore? The same goes for the knife (Ruby's). Does anyone know?


    Thanks in advance!



    The knife played a part in episode 6x10- they still use it to kill demons.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gatoraderising

    gatoraderising

    [4]Mar 7, 2011
    • member since: 02/23/11
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 431
    Who knows maybe it can kill the mother of all. From what we have seen of her so far this season she really hasnt done anything to say that she's that powerful. I would put God and Death on the list. Death can't die and I'm guessing only death can kill God.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of oxohydroxo

    oxohydroxo

    [5]Mar 7, 2011
    • member since: 02/17/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 21

    Well, they are not capturing anything since Sam got his soul back, even a few episodes before, i think since they found about Samuel's deal with Crowley. By "creation" i didn't meant the creation of the gun, but all of creation (hint > biblical reference). And since death and god predate all of that, for me it's logical to asume that they are apart from it and not bind by its rules. So putting them on the list seems pointless to me.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [6]Mar 7, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385
    Well, maybe but wouldn't that, by definition, put them on the can't kill list? A catch-22. I'm sure we will see the Colt and the knife again but I doubt either of them would kill the Mother as that would be too easy.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of oxohydroxo

    oxohydroxo

    [7]Mar 8, 2011
    • member since: 02/17/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 21

    libra113 wrote:
    Well, maybe but wouldn't that, by definition, put them on the can't kill list? A catch-22. I'm sure we will see the Colt and the knife again but I doubt either of them would kill the Mother as that would be too easy.
    Exactly my thoughts But how about this: If Cas is now more powerful than an archangel (Raphael that we know for a fact), couldn't he just smoke "the crap out of her"? I am sad to say this, but Kripke was probably right to leave the show after his intended final, 5th season, now it just seems like improv. Because beating the devil is as hard as it gets, everything else just fades in contrast. I think they should have severed the connection between heaven and earth, leave it just as it was before the apocalypse, because it will just create more plot holes. Don't get me wrong, i like Cas and the whole story line, but it just doesn't fit with the rest of mundane challenges the brothers are facing nowadays. As an example, they know that the mother of "all things hungry, sharp and nasty" is walking the earth and they don't even tell Cas about it? Seems illogical. Maybe it's just me but i don't feel as much involved or worried about them, when i know that the new "sheriff" of heaven can rush to the rescue ("smite first and ask questions later). What do you guys and galls think of that ?

    Edited on 03/08/2011 5:22am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gatoraderising

    gatoraderising

    [8]Mar 8, 2011
    • member since: 02/23/11
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 431
    oxohydroxo wrote:

    libra113 wrote:
    Well, maybe but wouldn't that, by definition, put them on the can't kill list? A catch-22. I'm sure we will see the Colt and the knife again but I doubt either of them would kill the Mother as that would be too easy.
    Exactly my thoughts But how about this: If Cas is now more powerful than an archangel (Raphael that we know for a fact), couldn't he just smoke "the crap out of her"? I am sad to say this, but Kripke was probably right to leave the show after his intended final, 5th season, now it just seems like improv. Because beating the devil is as hard as it gets, everything else just fades in contrast. I think they should have severed the connection between heaven and earth, leave it just as it was before the apocalypse, because it will just create more plot holes. Don't get me wrong, i like Cas and the whole story line, but it just doesn't fit with the rest of mundane challenges the brothers are facing nowadays. As an example, they know that the mother of "all things hungry, sharp and nasty" is walking the earth and they don't even tell Cas about it? Seems illogical. Maybe it's just me but i don't feel as much involved or worried about them, when i know that the new "sheriff" of heaven can rush to the rescue ("smite first and ask questions later). What do you guys and galls think of that ?



    They probly dont tell Cas about the "mother" because Cas is busy fighting a war for control of Heaven. We have never seen Cas rush to the rescue before so i doubt he will start now. I am with u about everything does seem to fade in contrast to Lucifer. He was by far the most powerful thing they have faced. Maybe mother is but we havent really seen anything out of her so far.

    Yes Libra i doubt the colt would work on mother to but i would like to at least see them try it on her.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of oxohydroxo

    oxohydroxo

    [9]Mar 8, 2011
    • member since: 02/17/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 21
    gatoraderising wrote:
    They probly dont tell Cas about the "mother" because Cas is busy fighting a war for control of Heaven. We have never seen Cas rush to the rescue before so i doubt he will start now. I am with u about everything does seem to fade in contrast to Lucifer. He was by far the most powerful thing they have faced. Maybe mother is but we havent really seen anything out of her so far.

    Yes Libra i doubt the colt would work on mother to but i would like to at least see them try it on her.


    What about the time Dean wanted to figure out what's wrong with Sam, or the time they teamed up with the daemons to fight Crowley?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gatoraderising

    gatoraderising

    [10]Mar 8, 2011
    • member since: 02/23/11
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 431
    oxohydroxo wrote:
    gatoraderising wrote:
    They probly dont tell Cas about the "mother" because Cas is busy fighting a war for control of Heaven. We have never seen Cas rush to the rescue before so i doubt he will start now. I am with u about everything does seem to fade in contrast to Lucifer. He was by far the most powerful thing they have faced. Maybe mother is but we havent really seen anything out of her so far.

    Yes Libra i doubt the colt would work on mother to but i would like to at least see them try it on her.


    What about the time Dean wanted to figure out what's wrong with Sam, or the time they teamed up with the daemons to fight Crowley?


    Well Cas didnt come save them or anything when they were going to die or something like that. When they teamed up with the demons to fight Crowley Sam did lie to get him down there. Its not like Cas is always watching them from heaven waiting to go save them.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of oxohydroxo

    oxohydroxo

    [11]Mar 8, 2011
    • member since: 02/17/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 21
    I don't think he is watching them all the time either, but he is always a prayer away, at least he can always hear them (unless they are in another dimension).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [12]Mar 8, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385
    oxohydroxo wrote:

    libra113 wrote:
    Well, maybe but wouldn't that, by definition, put them on the can't kill list? A catch-22. I'm sure we will see the Colt and the knife again but I doubt either of them would kill the Mother as that would be too easy.
    Exactly my thoughts But how about this: If Cas is now more powerful than an archangel (Raphael that we know for a fact), couldn't he just smoke "the crap out of her"? I am sad to say this, but Kripke was probably right to leave the show after his intended final, 5th season, now it just seems like improv. Because beating the devil is as hard as it gets, everything else just fades in contrast. I think they should have severed the connection between heaven and earth, leave it just as it was before the apocalypse, because it will just create more plot holes. Don't get me wrong, i like Cas and the whole story line, but it just doesn't fit with the rest of mundane challenges the brothers are facing nowadays. As an example, they know that the mother of "all things hungry, sharp and nasty" is walking the earth and they don't even tell Cas about it? Seems illogical. Maybe it's just me but i don't feel as much involved or worried about them, when i know that the new "sheriff" of heaven can rush to the rescue ("smite first and ask questions later). What do you guys and galls think of that ?

    Well, Cas IS busily fighting a war with heavy stakes and I fail to see now (as I have since Cas first appreared) why people seem to think they should run to him all the time with this issue and that issue. They've spent the bulk of their lives dealing with this stuff and don't need Cas or anyone else to hold their hands. I'm sure the two events will link up on their own soon enough and just because we haven't seen them tell him doesn't mean they haven't. We didn't see Cas telling Dean all about Sam and what was going on with him in season five but according to Dean they talked about and apprently a lot. We don't see everything.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [13]Mar 8, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385
    oxohydroxo wrote:
    I don't think he is watching them all the time either, but he is always a prayer away, at least he can always hear them (unless they are in another dimension).
    Yeah and he told Dean not long after he appeared that he's not an angel on his (Dean's) shoulder and that it's not his job to save him all the time.

    Cas isn't their personal bodyguard he has his own issues and I doubt they expect him to come to their rescue all the time (even if has occasionlly done so in the past, like in "Channging Channels").

    Also, I should point out that IF Cas really was more powerful than Raph this war wouldn't be an issue so assuming he could just kill Raph so easily and move on isn't a mistake on the show's part but a faulty assumption by viewers.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of oxohydroxo

    oxohydroxo

    [14]Mar 9, 2011
    • member since: 02/17/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 21
    Well the mother of all doesn't seem to be only the Winchesters problem, but puts all of man kind in jeopardy (at least we know her plan is another apocalypse, kill everyone). As to Raphael and Cas, last time they met, Cas told him to get the f*ck out of there if he doesn't want to die that night. I think its not a question of power to kill Raphael, clearly after Cas got god's weapons he has it, but i think its about Cas's conviction to not kill his brothers. To conclude the brothers don't deal with another run of the mill daemon or freak, just remember they barely contained one alpha, the mother has to be much stronger than that. The brothers clearly care about people, so putting lives in jeopardy just doesn't fit, when the answer would be just tell Cas who they are dealing with, and he could snatch her, throw her into the sun or whatever, just like he did with the rest of the Crowley's prison camp. Like i said it just seem to me, that by not severing the connection between heaven and earth, they are creating these illogical plot holes. But i guess that's the price for an improv season. Nonetheless probs to the writers, the soul thing with Sam was by far the best part of the season i wish they could explore it a bit further. Everything else seems to me a bit far fetched. Btw what's up with the makeup lately, Dean seems to be getting gayer and gayer, remember season 1 ? They barely used any at all.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of basenji529

    basenji529

    [15]Mar 9, 2011
    • member since: 03/12/09
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,935

    Yeah, they still use the Colt and the knife; I mean, Sam doesn't have his demon powers anymore. (Yeah, yeah, I know, the only reason he had them was to kill Lilith, but still...)

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [16]Mar 9, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385
    oxohydroxo wrote:
    Well the mother of all doesn't seem to be only the Winchesters problem, but puts all of man kind in jeopardy (at least we know her plan is another apocalypse, kill everyone). As to Raphael and Cas, last time they met, Cas told him to get the f*ck out of there if he doesn't want to die that night. I think its not a question of power to kill Raphael, clearly after Cas got god's weapons he has it, but i think its about Cas's conviction to not kill his brothers. To conclude the brothers don't deal with another run of the mill daemon or freak, just remember they barely contained one alpha, the mother has to be much stronger than that. The brothers clearly care about people, so putting lives in jeopardy just doesn't fit, when the answer would be just tell Cas who they are dealing with, and he could snatch her, throw her into the sun or whatever, just like he did with the rest of the Crowley's prison camp. Like i said it just seem to me, that by not severing the connection between heaven and earth, they are creating these illogical plot holes. But i guess that's the price for an improv season. Nonetheless probs to the writers, the soul thing with Sam was by far the best part of the season i wish they could explore it a bit further. Everything else seems to me a bit far fetched. Btw what's up with the makeup lately, Dean seems to be getting gayer and gayer, remember season 1 ? They barely used any at all.
    I couldn't dissagree more. Firstly, I doubt that Cas would have the power to just throw the Mother into the sun (and I further doubt he did that to the Alphas as that's kinda silly and sounds more like something Superman would do not an angel, kill them yes, they're evil, but throw them into the sun).

    Further, what you and others like you are not seeing is that all the elements are part of a greater story. What good is taking out Mother if in doing so Cas is distracted long enough to lose a war he's already starting to lose. By all account his side is getting trounced and to take time away to deal with earthly matters could cost them Heaven while in the meantime Earth in capable hands with Sam, Dean, Bobby and whatever hunters are left.

    Also, I have to object with the idea that this season is somehow being made up as they went along. No show that I know of ever does that and this one isn't doing it either. Putting on a show like this is a expensive and time consuming project and you can't just make up stories as you go along with something like that and the idea they are is just silly.

    As for the makeup can't say I noticed but every character on the show has been put the through the ringer so I wouldn't expect them to look fresh as a daisy every episode.

    In regards to Sam's soul thing. We all know pretty well that Sam is going to end up busting that wall and what comes next is going to be a wild ride and I can't wait to see what happens.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gatoraderising

    gatoraderising

    [17]Mar 10, 2011
    • member since: 02/23/11
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 431
    I still don't see how severing the connection between heaven and earth is creating any illogical plot holes. I would agree with you if lets say Cas was with them every ep and always saving them but he's not.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [18]Mar 10, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,385
    Nope. Cas has his own agenda which comes first and the few times in the past he has saved them it's either furthered is own cause or been a point where he needed them to further it.

    He has never just shown up and saved the day just to save the day and in fact it would be worse writing if he did. This is Sam and Dean's show, they're the heroes of their own story and having the resident angel swoop in and save their bacon all the time would make them less than what they are. They would end up being Lois Lanes to Cas' Superman and that's not their role.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of oxohydroxo

    oxohydroxo

    [19]Mar 10, 2011
    • member since: 02/17/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 21
    I know its the brothers show, but just for the sake of the argument. You have a very very good friend, you have been to hell and back with him. Your life is in danger, your entire species is in danger, and you don't ask for help? Same goes for Cas, i bet the brothers could help, and for the sake of the plot the writers go against logic and decide that they have to face their challenges on their own. What? Sorry but friends wouldn't behave like that. How could they help him? Summon Raphael for example, just like when robo-Sam wanted to keep his soul out, trap him in a circle of holy fire, burn him to a crisp. As to Castiel's powers, we know that he can instantly move from one place to another. Teleport or bend space whatever. I don't see a problem to drop any freak or monster into a volcano or into space. Takes about 3 seconds of his time. Cas comes every time Dean calls him. I am not convinced by your arguments. Al tho they are good ones.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of oxohydroxo

    oxohydroxo

    [20]Mar 10, 2011
    • member since: 02/17/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 21
    Furthermore the possibilities with time travel. Cas or others under his command (he doesn't have to help every time personally) doesn't have to answer to anybody anymore. So there are no rules. It just seems to me, the writers give the protagonists powers and possibilities to use, but after they serve their purpose for which they were written into the script in the first place, they seem to forget about them, because they storyline wouldn' benefit from them. The weapons, abilities and powers just don't disappear so ignoring them is for me one of the plot holes. That doesn't seem like planing to me, that's why i think its improvisation.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.