Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

What other supernatural factor would you like to see?

xen9092

[1]Apr 4, 2013
    • level: 3

As you all know, ourfavoriteseries gets a season 9. We have seen so many monsters and other characters based onlore. What do you think as a major theme that this series has missed? I think reincarnation is not covered so far but it is a cool topic isn't it?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

libra113

[2]Apr 4, 2013
    • level: 27

It would probably be interesting but I'm not sure reincarnation exists in the world of "Supernatural" given that everyone either goes to Heaven or Hell or becomes ghosts. If they could work out a way to explain it (like maybe only followers of religions that support reincarnation actually do it for example) then it might work but then I'm not sure what the story would be unless you want the predictable reincarnated lovers thing or reincarnated enemies fighting throughout their lives. Might be a good Doctor Who joke in there somewhere too. I guess I'm a firm maybe.

As for a suggestion of my own I would like to see a real mummy (not a shifter playing one) but I'm not sure that fits the show either. Still we had an Egyptian god so it probably could work out.

xen9092

[3]Apr 5, 2013
    • level: 3

I so love to see a doctor who homage if possibleLaughing!They may explore a little more into pagan lore(either Mayan or Norse). Bringing a mummy alive is a great concept. I also like to see the other staff of Moses.

randomjean

[4]Apr 6, 2013
    • level: 8

I wanna see that hybrid boy. There was a boy a few seasons back who is like some kinda hybrid and is stronger than lucifer or something like that.

libra113

[5]Apr 7, 2013

randomjean wrote:

I wanna see that hybrid boy. There was a boy a few seasons back who is like some kinda hybrid and is stronger than lucifer or something like that.

You mean the half demon half human anti-Christ child. It would be good to see him again if only to address some of the issues brought up by the story itself (like how is he so powerful in the first place). Still, that's tied into that whole Lucifer/Michael thing and since that's done and gone I don't know if they would bring it up again but maybe they could if they could find a way to have the story stand on it's own merits.

MatthewRaiche

[6]Apr 12, 2013
    • level: 5
    I would just like to see more creatures, spirits, gods, etc. from mythologies from more classical or obscure cultures. The whole demon/angel story is interesting, but it lacks variety.

It was pretty cool that they did the episode about Prometheus and Zeus, although I thinking killing Zeus was a big mistake. They should have forced him to break the curse in some other way so the writers could use him again, if they want. I also liked the episode that had the big meeting of gods from several different pagan beliefs... up until the incredibly anti-climactic appearance of Lucifer. He just waved his hands and they dropped dead. It was so lame!

libra113

[7]Apr 13, 2013

There are plenty of other deities they can use without having to use Zeus again. As for the end of "Hammer of the Gods" it had to happen that way to explain why Sam and Dean couldn't just talk the other gods and goddesses into joining in the fight and taking down Lucifer for them. It wouldn't have made much sense to have them refuse since they obvious hated him and the angels and they certainly didn't want the world to end, so the reason is that they can't. Besides they spent a lot of time implying and out right showing that the gods and goddesses weren't in the same league as Lucifer and the others so naturally he would come in and walk all over them like that.

MatthewRaiche

[8]May 10, 2013
    • level: 5
    I disagree. Lucifer waving his hand and the old gods dropping like flies was just lame. They could have planned something much better. Interestingly, they saved the Hindu goddess (who is still in a living religion today), but not Baron Sadeghi (who is also a god in a living religion).

At any rate, my point is that it wsa an awesome build-up to a lame, boring end. When I saw all of those gods from ancient myths at one table, I expected something awesome to happen.

libra113

[9]May 25, 2013

MatthewRaiche wrote:
    I disagree. Lucifer waving his hand and the old gods dropping like flies was just lame. They could have planned something much better. Interestingly, they saved the Hindu goddess (who is still in a living religion today), but not Baron Sadeghi (who is also a god in a living religion). At any rate, my point is that it wsa an awesome build-up to a lame, boring end. When I saw all of those gods from ancient myths at one table, I expected something awesome to happen.
    Well, I think it more about explaining WHY the other gods and goddesses didn't do something to stop the angels from ending the world. They didn't because they can't.