Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

WHEN did Castiel become your favorite character?

When did Castiel become your favorite character?

gatoraderising

[101]May 26, 2011
    • level: 7
    libra113 wrote:

dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    One note: Did Cas' speach at the end about bowing down and all that remind anyone of when Galadrial (I THINK that was her name) touches the Ring near the end of "Lord of the Rings"? The speech had that same feel too it like love me and fear me at the same time.
    Yeah, other people noticed it as well.
    gatoraderising wrote:
    Ya they deleted it..
    Not very surprising (nothing to do with you, though), and you'll have to get used to it, I'm afraid. A few months ago my thread was deleted right away, because the moderator thought it had spoilers. When I proved to him there were no spoilers, he said it was because it had speculations. When I told him there are at least 7 other speculation threads, he said it was because I was reported. When I said I doubted it, he stopped responding because I lied to him. Haha.
    Fear not, there was a time when everytime I started a topic it got erased. I got moded for a bunch of posts for little or no reason and my sig kept getting moded for being too big when a LOT of people had bigger ones (which is why I don't have one anymore). I'm sure the guy running this board hates me.

I seem to recall the "Lord of the Rings" speech having the phrase 'all will love me and despair'. I would love to see a trascript of both speeches at once because I'm sure they compair nicely.

Ya it's not the first time they deleted one of my new topic's and it most likly won't be the last.. lol

From Cas speech it seemed a little more FEAR me then anything else. With the "Lord of Ring's" it's been awhile since I've seen it but her speech was more love me and fear me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dpebbleson

[102]May 26, 2011
    • level: 23
    gatoraderising wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    One note: Did Cas' speach at the end about bowing down and all that remind anyone of when Galadrial (I THINK that was her name) touches the Ring near the end of "Lord of the Rings"? The speech had that same feel too it like love me and fear me at the same time.
    gatoraderising wrote:
    Ya they deleted it..
    Not very surprising (nothing to do with you, though), and you'll have to get used to it, I'm afraid. A few months ago my thread was deleted right away, because the moderator thought it had spoilers. When I proved to him there were no spoilers, he said it was because it had speculations. When I told him there are at least 7 other speculation threads, he said it was because I was reported. When I said I doubted it, he stopped responding because I lied to him. Haha.
    Fear not, there was a time when everytime I started a topic it got erased. I got moded for a bunch of posts for little or no reason and my sig kept getting moded for being too big when a LOT of people had bigger ones (which is why I don't have one anymore). I'm sure the guy running this board hates me.

I seem to recall the "Lord of the Rings" speech having the phrase 'all will love me and despair'. I would love to see a trascript of both speeches at once because I'm sure they compair nicely.

Ya it's not the first time they deleted one of my new topic's and it most likly won't be the last.. lol

From Cas speech it seemed a little more FEAR me then anything else. With the "Lord of Ring's" it's been awhile since I've seen it but her speech was more love me and fear me.

Castiel the Moderator

Anyways, I've noticed the same comparisons with LotR on other forums. One of the differences is that Galadriel overcame the temptation of the Ring, whereas Castiel had already succumbed to the temptation when he was making the speech. So it's, like, Castiel turned out to be what Galadriel could've been if she seized the power of the One Ring.

libra113

[103]May 26, 2011
    • level: 27
    dpebbleson wrote:
    gatoraderising wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    gatoraderising wrote:
    Ya they deleted it..

Castiel the Moderator

Anyways, I've noticed the same comparisons with LotR on other forums. One of the differences is that Galadriel overcame the temptation of the Ring, whereas Castiel had already succumbed to the temptation when he was making the speech. So it's, like, Castiel turned out to be what Galadriel could've been if she seized the power of the One Ring.
    Yeah, still it's early days, perhaps he can be talked down before he goes too far.

I do remember that one line I mentioned before ("all will love me and despair") but other than that it's been too long. Mainly, to me, it felt the same, the same vibe I guess.

gatoraderising

[104]May 27, 2011
    libra113 wrote:
    dpebbleson wrote:
    gatoraderising wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    gatoraderising wrote:
    Ya they deleted it..

Castiel the Moderator

Yeah, still it's early days, perhaps he can be talked down before he goes too far.

I do remember that one line I mentioned before ("all will love me and despair") but other than that it's been too long. Mainly, to me, it felt the same, the same vibe I guess.

I've seen both of their speech's now and they are some what the same. Both speech's have the same type of feel and overall message.

libra113

[105]May 27, 2011
    gatoraderising wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    dpebbleson wrote:
    gatoraderising wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    gatoraderising wrote:
    Ya they deleted it..

Castiel the Moderator

I've seen both of their speech's now and they are some what the same. Both speech's have the same type of feel and overall message.
    I doubt it was by accident either.

sinjaceheroes

[106]May 29, 2011
    • level: 14

Castiel became my "favorite" character when he opened up those shadowy wings and proclaimed himself "An Angel of the Lord" in Lazarus Rising.

And I say "favorite" cause Sam will always be my favorite character.

libra113

[107]May 29, 2011
    I've said it before and I will say again. For me it's the moment he comes walking into that barn all John Constine looking in this trenchcoat.

It was something to see that first time when he walks up to Bobby and puts him to sleep just to talk to Dean alone.

shygirl4962

[108]May 30, 2011
    • level: 1

I tell you libra113 from the moment he walked in till the time he spread his wings I fell in love...even though he put bobby to sleep...It is one of, or just maybe my fav. show ever......I watch all the repeats on TNT that I can... I'm sad that it's off for a while.. Fav.. DEAN, he's slamming hot, and love that leather jacket..I wish the new ones were on all year.......Oh by the way I'm a libra 10 / 02,think i'm a lot older than you, almost {49}....Just thought i'd throw that in, No reason.....Kind of new to this.........

Edited on 05/30/2011 10:57pm

gatoraderising

[109]May 31, 2011
    When Cas first showed in "Lazarus Rising" he wasn't right away one of my favorite's I found him more intresting at first. For me it was probly the second ep in season 4, when he come's to Dean in his dream and give's he's little speech.

libra113

[110]May 31, 2011
    What I loved most, at first, was the fact that they dressed him like John Constine from "Hellblazer". Nice touch.

libra113

[111]May 31, 2011
    shygirl4962 wrote:

I tell you libra113 from the moment he walked in till the time he spread his wings I fell in love...even though he put bobby to sleep...It is one of, or just maybe my fav. show ever......I watch all the repeats on TNT that I can... I'm sad that it's off for a while.. Fav.. DEAN, he's slamming hot, and love that leather jacket..I wish the new ones were on all year.......Oh by the way I'm a libra 10 / 02,think i'm a lot older than you, almost {49}....Just thought i'd throw that in, No reason.....Kind of new to this.........

Yeah, I was born in 1973.

Yeah the wing spread was awsome, even if it did mislead some people into thinking his wings were black and he was secretly evil.

dpebbleson

[112]May 31, 2011
    libra113 wrote:
    shygirl4962 wrote:

Yeah the wing spread was awsome, even if it did mislead some people into thinking his wings were black and he was secretly evil.

You're so old you must have escaped from the Purgatory!!

libra113

[113]May 31, 2011
    dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    shygirl4962 wrote:

Blow my cover while you're at it.

dpebbleson

[114]Jun 1, 2011
    libra113 wrote:
    dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    shygirl4962 wrote:

Admit it, you escaped with Dr Vizyak, and killed H.P. Lovecraft!!

libra113

[115]Jun 1, 2011
    dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    shygirl4962 wrote:

Given what happened to her when she was outted I'm not saying a word.

dpebbleson

[116]Jun 1, 2011
    libra113 wrote:
    dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    shygirl4962 wrote:

I have a feeling Castiel won't be your favourite character for much longer

libra113

[117]Jun 3, 2011
    dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    shygirl4962 wrote:

I have a feeling Castiel won't be your favourite character for much longer
    Not if he comes looking for my blood. I'm also avoiding questionable guys with British accents for the duration.

I talked to some people today and one thing they all had to say about the latest developments on the show was that they hated the way Dean treated Cas leading into the final.

They were especially, unhappy with the way they treated him in "Mommy Dearest" onward. I had noticed it myself and there was some talk here about it but they were WAY more irritated about it than anyone I'd heard or seen.