TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Where do angels go when they die?

  • Avatar of ScareyKitty

    ScareyKitty

    [1]Feb 8, 2011
    • member since: 04/22/10
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 61

    This may have been discussed already, but I have looked and haven't seen it, so many apologies to anyone who thinks I am being lazy! (I usually am but not in this case really! )


    My main reason for asking is the description of purgatory as being the final (maybe not neccesarily final in SPN of course) resting place of evil (and in between) creatures!


    Of course if angels die in the line of duty they cant belong in Hell and heaven is their normal abode. So I am assuming that ifangels dont blink out of existance altogether when they die then they must end up in Purgatory?UndecidedDo they ever go to Hell? hmmmm


    Is Anna there? What about Ezekial? Are they stirring up Mother perhaps? Geez,my brain isworking overtime here but it could make for some interesting storylines! lol


    Someone throw me a lifesaver please! hahahahahaha

    Edited on 02/08/2011 10:06pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RachelleMcAdams

    RachelleMcAdams

    [2]Feb 8, 2011
    • member since: 05/11/10
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 549

    I when they die they arewiped out of existence forever demons ontheother hand may be a different story since they are twisted and perverted human spirits but angels are just blasts of lights and essence really

    Edited on 02/08/2011 11:34pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ScareyKitty

    ScareyKitty

    [3]Feb 9, 2011
    • member since: 04/22/10
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 61

    RachelleMcAdams wrote:


    I when they die they arewiped out of existence forever demons ontheother hand may be a different story since they are twisted and perverted human spirits but angels are just blasts of lights and essence really



    MMMM thanks Rachel but wouldn't that also apply to ghosts cos aren't they just essence (spirit) as well?


    It also seems a bit unfair on the the angels if they haven't been evil before they die. I'm still in two minds about this point, finding it hard to believe that their father wouldn't have arranged something rewarding for them, he's certainly good with the punishments! Undecided

    Edited on 02/09/2011 12:46am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [4]Feb 9, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,388
    I dunno. Cas seemed really upset about the ones who were killed offscreen during the events of "Are You There God It's Me Dean Winchester" and again in "Head Of A Pin" so I would assume in thoes cases the angels were just snuffed out.

    Still, Cas was brought back to life by God (twice even) so there must be something to work with, at least I would think so.

    Perhaps they return to Heaven but (normally) cannot return to Earth or return to part of Heaven cut off from the rest or perhaps they go to Purgatory becasue Heaven and Hell are only the final destination of human souls. If we find out I can assume we will be seeing either Uri, Anna or Zac again (or maybe all three). If not then I guess we will have to consider that chapter closed.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dpebbleson

    dpebbleson

    [5]Feb 9, 2011
    • member since: 11/06/09
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 5,659
    Indeed if Castiel was recreated, there had to be some essence or code from which that could be done. Maybe all beings have some genetic code allowing them to be reborn again. Of course, not everybody could make them reborn. It probably requires a lot of skill, knowledge and plain power, God being the obvious choice who possesses this.

    Another option is they go to Purgatory. I however, don't think angels go to Purgatory. They weren't humans in the first place. So far, all monsters in Supernatural descended from humans, including demons, so I guess all of them go to Purgatory.

    Angels go wherever they go.

    And pagan gods? Valhalla?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [6]Feb 9, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,388
    Well I think all inhuman things that die go to Purgatory if they started out as human or not.

    I mean it wouldn't really be approiate for them to go to Heaven or Hell since that's kinda for human souls.

    That's why my first thought was that Mary and John went there becasue when they finally passed on they were ghosts so they're not eligiable for Heaven or Hell.

    Assuming that Cas was unaware of Purgatory it would explain why he would be so angry about the death of the angels because he likely thought they were gone forever.

    Just imagine if Purgatory were opened up and everything that Sam, Dean, John and/or Bobby killed came pouring out.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dpebbleson

    dpebbleson

    [7]Feb 9, 2011
    • member since: 11/06/09
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 5,659
    But the thing is: did we ever see an inhuman monster? Regardless of angels, who are completely different species. I don't think they are LIFE in the usual sense.

    But yeah, the whole idea of everything Sam and Dean killed pouring out is epic!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [8]Feb 9, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,388
    dpebbleson wrote:
    But the thing is: did we ever see an inhuman monster? Regardless of angels, who are completely different species. I don't think they are LIFE in the usual sense.

    But yeah, the whole idea of everything Sam and Dean killed pouring out is epic!
    Would be a great cliffhanger seeing them coming out like that. Hmmm, let's see inhuman I'll have to check.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ChrisMartin14

    ChrisMartin14

    [9]Feb 11, 2011
    • member since: 10/30/10
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 1

    libra113 wrote:
    Just imagine if Purgatory were opened up and everything that Sam, Dean, John and/or Bobby killed came pouring out.


    Wow I just feel like I opened Hellsgate!! lol


    How about the rugaru? Its my understanding that they are humanoid but not human and Crowley was collecting them to find purgatory so I guess thats where they go. So it does accept non-humans?


    Aren't John and Mary's souls still owned by hell? I thought only John's spirit escaped? Do the baddies have to have a soul to go to Purgatory? What happens to those whose souls are owned by the Devil/Demons?


    I am managing to confuse the c**p out of myself here. Isn't purgatory redundant if the baddies can go to Hell?


    I am thinking that only soul-less beings go to Purgatory, am I correct? If so then any soul-less being would be accepted there so I am still thinking its a good place for dead angels!


    As I said, confusion reigns here! think I need a drink! lol

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ScareyKitty

    ScareyKitty

    [10]Feb 11, 2011
    • member since: 04/22/10
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 61

    Sorry, That was my comments, Da***d Facebook keeps grabbing my login. how do I disconnect it from TV.Com? Grrrrrrr


    Update......managed to disconnect from facebook! what a confusing job but I'm FREE! Laughing



    Edited on 02/11/2011 3:40am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hot_babe101

    hot_babe101

    [11]Feb 11, 2011
    • member since: 01/15/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 248

    im just assuming something like Purgatory?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libra113

    libra113

    [12]Feb 11, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 24,388
    ChrisMartin14 wrote:

    libra113 wrote:
    Just imagine if Purgatory were opened up and everything that Sam, Dean, John and/or Bobby killed came pouring out.


    Wow I just feel like I opened Hellsgate!! lol


    How about the rugaru? Its my understanding that they are humanoid but not human and Crowley was collecting them to find purgatory so I guess thats where they go. So it does accept non-humans?


    Aren't John and Mary's souls still owned by hell? I thought only John's spirit escaped? Do the baddies have to have a soul to go to Purgatory? What happens to those whose souls are owned by the Devil/Demons?


    I am managing to confuse the c**p out of myself here. Isn't purgatory redundant if the baddies can go to Hell?


    I am thinking that only soul-less beings go to Purgatory, am I correct? If so then any soul-less being would be accepted there so I am still thinking its a good place for dead angels!


    As I said, confusion reigns here! think I need a drink! lol

    Well Mary's soul wasn't owned by anyone her deal to get John back wasn't for her soul it was for acess to Sam peroid. John's soul was freed when he climed out of Hell and even if it wasn't the Yellow Eyed Demon (who he delt with) is dead and gone (unless he's in Purgatory too).

    Purgatory seems to be for all thing inhuman. Souls sold in deal go to Hell becasue demons own them but if they clear up ownership then they go to Purgatory because, given what Tessa said in "In My Time Of Dying" the path to the afterlife is a one shot deal and once you miss it it's Purgatory or Earth.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of taxcat11

    taxcat11

    [13]Feb 17, 2011
    • member since: 11/14/08
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 216
    I think Heaven, Hell, and Purgatory are reserved for things of human origin. So djinn, devas, angels including fallen angels, other godlings, reapers etc. are either out of luck and completely destroyed or have another option not currently known.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.