Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

where the hell is impala? :@

salmakida

[1]Feb 12, 2012
    • level: 7

can anyone tell me where's impala? I don't remember, was anything wrong with it? or what?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SimonRose1

[2]Feb 12, 2012
    • level: 2

They were told to ditch it at the end of the last / beginning of this season as it was too obvious and drew attention to them.

libra113

[3]Feb 12, 2012
    • level: 27
    SimonRose1 wrote:

They were told to ditch it at the end of the last / beginning of this season as it was too obvious and drew attention to them.

No, they had to ditich it this season becasue their evil twins were seen driving around in their copy of it and since there really aren't a lot of black chevy impalas on the road these days it would stand out like a sore thumb. As far as anyone knows they're dead but if someone saw the car it might trigger a memory of seeing their faces plastered all over national tv and then they would have law enforcement after them again. Give it some more time and maybe it will cool down enough to bring it back but right now it's still too soon to take the risk.

dragon22a

[4]Mar 7, 2012
    • level: 32
    It is being stored at one of Franks hiding spots and Dean is none to happy about it.

Bionetic

[5]Mar 18, 2012
    • level: 8
    No they had to ditch it because the douche bag producers decided to phase out another ingredient key to what made Supernatural such a great show. They are cannibalizing the show. They could have continued to overlook the minor technicality of how the car stands out the same way the show overlooks the fact that the world is oblivious to the fact that the world is full of demons. The Impala was like the Dukes of Hazards the 1969 Dodge Charger or the General Lee, or Knight Rider's Pontaic Trans-Am, KITT. Supernatural's Impala was a signature trademark of the show. By getting rid off it they add one more nail in the coffin of what used to be a great show. Why fix what isn't broken?

libra113

[6]Mar 18, 2012

Bionetic wrote:
    No they had to ditch it because the douche bag producers decided to phase out another ingredient key to what made Supernatural such a great show. They are cannibalizing the show. They could have continued to overlook the minor technicality of how the car stands out the same way the show overlooks the fact that the world is oblivious to the fact that the world is full of demons. The Impala was like the Dukes of Hazards the 1969 Dodge Charger or the General Lee, or Knight Rider's Pontaic Trans-Am, KITT. Supernatural's Impala was a signature trademark of the show. By getting rid off it they add one more nail in the coffin of what used to be a great show. Why fix what isn't broken?
    And what makes you think it's gone forever?

Honestly, they should have been trading out cars from day one AND they should have been dying their hair, growing it out, cutting it off, growing facial hair, changing their clothing styles and a lot of other stuff.

Frankly, it's a bit silly that their faces were all over the news for days and yet all they get is one person who seems to think they look kindafamiliarbut then doesn't give it a second thought.

Oh and it's not the same as not realizing that there are demons and stuff in the world because most stuff lays low and doesn't go around flaunting theiractivitiesand a normal person isn't going to see something and jump to a supernaturalexplanationwithout first assuming something more mundane.

kanniballl

[7]Mar 21, 2012
    • level: 18

For realism, it makes tons of sense. They're on the run and hiding from the Leviathans who are all over the place and can be anyone. Finding them is fairly high on the list of things to do, it might not be #1 any more but I'm sure it's higher than their daily routines. Not to mention that for a brief period they were infamous due to their dopplegangers killing and robbing so many people

And to be honest, being Hunters in general and getting in SOOOO much trouble with the law even pre-Leviathan, it would only make sense they rotate out cars, chance their appearance, maybe burning off their finger prints, etc.

I mean Dean was an FBI most-wanted for flippin ever, and yet they were strolling into police departments and such. Their fingerprints and descriptions are probably all over the place concerning dozens/hundreds of gory deaths.

From a fan stand point, it's sad to see it go and I hope it eventually comes back. It's a staple of the show, and as it stands the show isn't "what it used to be." I don't hate this season, but I don't see it as their strongest. Bobby gone, Cass gone, completely new type of enemy, and now the car is gone.

Granted, a bunch of those things might return in one form or another.

Edited on 03/21/2012 7:36am

libra113

[8]Mar 21, 2012
    I have a feeling all of it (or maybe all but one) will return sooner or later.

Yeah it always kind of bugged me when they were wanted that no one ever recognized them or that they did little to deal with their fingerprints. I remember them wiping their prints from crime scenes once or twice but even that was consistent. Really they should have burned their prints off (like Bella was said to have done) years ago, probably when John started them hunting (of course schools sometimes do prints for student ids so that would have been awkward) or sometime after they hit eighteen or something. Either that or they should wear gloves while skulking around crime scenes and such.

Anyway. I miss the Impala too but given them points for trying to be realistic and just remember it's unlikely to be gone forever.

tstormch7

[9]Apr 4, 2012
    • level: 1

I agree. The chemistry of the show isfalteringwithout the impala and with rumors of them changing her up makes me very uneasy. They're really seem to be trying to kill their what ratings they have left. Between killing off Bobby and Deans nerdy buddy. Its like they want to fall face first. What the writers and producers have in their crawl is beyond me but its not setting well.

libra113

[10]Apr 4, 2012

tstormch7 wrote:

I agree. The chemistry of the show isfalteringwithout the impala and with rumors of them changing her up makes me very uneasy. They're really seem to be trying to kill their what ratings they have left. Between killing off Bobby and Deans nerdy buddy. Its like they want to fall face first. What the writers and producers have in their crawl is beyond me but its not setting well.

They're trying to satisfy all the viewers who were whining about the show not being what it was like in the first season. Thus Sam and Dean can't have in regular contacts and no one can be on the show more than one episode than them.

Replacing the Impala is a logical set of theLeviathanstory. Would be kind of stupid to go on about they know all of Sam and Dean's moves and how dangerous they are and them not change anything about how to travel or do anything. It has to be done.

Tyrathius

[11]May 4, 2012
    • level: 4

Regardless of how much the show tries to tell us otherwise, leviathans haven't demonstrated any abilities that would make them more dangerous than demons, and especially not angels. If the car could slide in seasons 1-6, it could slide in 7. I wouldn't say it's absence singlehandedly ruined the show, but I would agree it was an unnecessary change.

libra113

[12]May 4, 2012

Tyrathius wrote:

Regardless of how much the show tries to tell us otherwise, leviathans haven't demonstrated any abilities that would make them more dangerous than demons, and especially not angels. If the car could slide in seasons 1-6, it could slide in 7. I wouldn't say it's absence singlehandedly ruined the show, but I would agree it was an unnecessary change.

Well, given the end of this episode I would say otherwise. Anyway, the point is that, starting out, the demons and angels and all that didn't know much about Sam and Dean and what they did or how they did things. The Leviathans know all their secrets and Sam and Dean are changing up their tendencies to lay low.

I don't think a lot of people understand just how uncommon a mint condition 67 Chevy Impala actually is. This isn't some car that you can spot a million of on thehighway. This is a rare and expensivecollectiblecar (especially in excellent condition) AND it would cost a fortune in gas as it's not exactly made to be fuelefficient. Basically, it would be like ride around in a giant 'come kill us' neon sign on wheel.

Tyrathius

[13]May 5, 2012
    • level: 4

libra113 wrote:

Tyrathius wrote:

Well, given the end of this episode I would say otherwise. Anyway, the point is that, starting out, the demons and angels and all that didn't know much about Sam and Dean and what they did or how they did things. The Leviathans know all their secrets and Sam and Dean are changing up their tendencies to lay low.

I don't think a lot of people understand just how uncommon a mint condition 67 Chevy Impala actually is. This isn't some car that you can spot a million of on thehighway. This is a rare and expensivecollectiblecar (especially in excellent condition) AND it would cost a fortune in gas as it's not exactly made to be fuelefficient. Basically, it would be like ride around in a giant 'come kill us' neon sign on wheel.

Yeah, I discussed my... Issues with that in the episode's thread. But as far as the car goes, I don't think suddenly having the ability to instantly kill angels would aid the leviathans in finding Sam and Dean. Some of the angel's powers, however, such as their uber speed (In one episode Castiel searches an entire town in a matter of seconds) actually would.

And I get what you're saying about the car being rare. What I'm not sure you understand is that this shouldn't suddenly be an issue after six seasons of not being one.

Maybe Sam and Dean should have doing more to make themselves harder to catch from season 1. We're willing to accept they didn't because it's a TV show and having Sam and Dean change their car and clothes and grow beards every other week is unnecessary and doesn't add anything to the story. The car is an icon of the show; the fans love it, the characters love it, it was even given a key role in the would-be series finale Swan Song. Season 7's story would not have been drastically impacted by Dean keeping the Impala, just like the FBI subplot in seasons 2 and 3 wasn't. By getting rid of it, they've pissed off people who liked the car, and gained nothing from it.

Edited on 05/05/2012 1:23am

libra113

[14]May 5, 2012

Tyrathius wrote:

libra113 wrote:

Tyrathius wrote:

Yeah, I discussed my... Issues with that in the episode's thread. But as far as the car goes, I don't think suddenly having the ability to instantly kill angels would aid the leviathans in finding Sam and Dean. Some of the angel's powers, however, such as their uber speed (In one episode Castiel searches an entire town in a matter of seconds) actually would.

And I get what you're saying about the car being rare. What I'm not sure you understand is that this shouldn't suddenly be an issue after six seasons of not being one.

Maybe Sam and Dean should have doing more to make themselves harder to catch from season 1. We're willing to accept they didn't because it's a TV show and having Sam and Dean change their car and clothes and grow beards every other week is unnecessary and doesn't add anything to the story. The car is an icon of the show; the fans love it, the characters love it, it was even given a key role in the would-be series finale Swan Song. Season 7's story would not have been drastically impacted by Dean keeping the Impala, just like the FBI subplot in seasons 2 and 3 wasn't. By getting rid of it, they've pissed off people who liked the car, and gained nothing from it.

Well, I never felt they did the FBI thing justice in the first place. They mentioned it once in awhile but then Sam and Dean little (if anything) to really hide. The first real step toward actually laying low they did was change the places but come on vintage Impalas in that can of shape are uber rare so changing the plates is likechanging the plates is like black out the bat symbol on theBatmobile, the car is still pretty easy to spot.

Granted they should have been doing this stuff from day one (in fact the idea that John kept the car for as long as he did is unrealistic but I guess sentiment overrid common sense on that one) but, given they're trying to sell the Leviathans as being more dangerous than anything they've dealt with to date, they had to step up the game somehow.

You don't need super speed when you have an international mutil-million dollar company andsquadsof workers (humans and Leviathans) who know your enemies tendencies andhabitsand know just what to look for.

lachlan_j_g

[15]Jun 15, 2012
    • level: 11

in addition to hiding from Leviathans and law enforcement, the demons also know exactly what the car looks like - examples being the end of season 1 when the possessed truck driver crashed into them, and end of season 3 when the possessed cop pulled Sam and Dean over. also, Crowley's demons knew exactly which car to put the magic coin into

dragon22a

[16]Jul 7, 2012
    • level: 32
    One thing that occurs to me, a lot of people are putting forth valid points as to why the boys have not been caught after all these years of looking the same, driving the same car, and bascially not doing a good job covering their tracks. Maybe someone is looking out for them, keeping the authorities from catching up to them, altering perception so that they are not discovered or recognized. What I am saying is that maybe God is looking after them, helping them without making himself known.

libra113

[17]Jul 8, 2012

dragon22a wrote:
    One thing that occurs to me, a lot of people are putting forth valid points as to why the boys have not been caught after all these years of looking the same, driving the same car, and bascially not doing a good job covering their tracks. Maybe someone is looking out for them, keeping the authorities from catching up to them, altering perception so that they are not discovered or recognized. What I am saying is that maybe God is looking after them, helping them without making himself known.
    Maybe but mostly it's a willing suspension ofdisbeliefand the fact that a lot of the time they'represumeddead and thus not being activelyperused.

I do wish they had done more with the FBI being after them and shown Sam and Dean doing more to hide but I guess the writers just didn't want to take the show that way at the time. Oh well.