Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Which female character should not have died?

Which female character should not have died?

yutg25

[41]Mar 28, 2011
    • level: 5

libra113 wrote:
    Yeah, but then it won't be the same actress and if it's not the same actress I don't want them to bother. I don't really want to see anyone else playing Bela, it just wouldn't be the same. However, like I said Balthazar has a lot in common with her and would be fun if he brought her back body and soul for some reason or another.

I voted for Jo actually after my marathon I like her character; and her interaction with dean was great. If this show gives characters happy endings I can see them ending up together aside from Lisa and ben.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

libra113

[42]Mar 28, 2011
    • level: 27
    yutg25 wrote:

libra113 wrote:
    Yeah, but then it won't be the same actress and if it's not the same actress I don't want them to bother. I don't really want to see anyone else playing Bela, it just wouldn't be the same. However, like I said Balthazar has a lot in common with her and would be fun if he brought her back body and soul for some reason or another.

I voted for Jo actually after my marathon I like her character; and her interaction with dean was great. If this show gives characters happy endings I can see them ending up together aside from Lisa and ben.

I don't know, I still think he was too young and immature for Dean. Now, the breif scenes she had with Sam were much more comfortable and they seem to be closer in age and have that whole going off to school but feeling like a freak there thing in common.

Thing was she was so hung up on Dean (probably becasue he reminded her of her dad) and Sam was so wrapped up in making up for his past with his, then, recently deceased dad, that they barely paid attention to each other and when they DID interact all she wanted to do was talk about Dean.

Now her being dead AND the whole Meg possessed Sam encounter would be major issues in a relationship but, hey, in their world they're not impossible to deal with.

smegmag

[43]Apr 6, 2011
    • level: 4
    libra113 wrote:
    dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    I really wish they had allowed Pamela to get rid of that chip on her shoulder about angels and Cas. It was kinda all her fault and it's not like Cas burned her eyes out on purpose or anything so it would have been nice if she could have made peace with him.

Hmm, I'm not sure people who have lost their eyesight would be so peaceful about it. It's a tragic loss, I understand she is bitter. I know it wasn't his fault, but then again, he could have warned her, or at least went away and came back in bodily form, to avoid the damage.

I mean, people won't forgive if they break a leg because of what someone did, let alone eyes! : )
    He DID warn her, several times and she wouldn't listen and the ritual she was doing was to FORCE him to show his true form to her. He didn't really have any choice in the matter, that's why he was warning her so hard not to look. She assumed he was evil and was threatening her not to look when he was warning her about the danger. That's what happens when people assume things.

Maybe he could have said, "turn away or the eyes will burn out of your head" that might have worked, but you know Cas is so cryptic, it probably wouldn't occur to him to say that. Her beef with angels --totally understandable, and she did agree to help the boys even after the blindness thing-- and it got her killed. Besides Pam likes her Heaven, probably just wishes Dean could visit more often.

libra113

[44]Apr 6, 2011
    Yeah becasue "turn away or your eyes will burn" doesn't sound like a threat at all to a suspious mind.

It's Heaven and everything in her corner but her is fake, so he PROBABLY does come to visit as much as she wantes.

smegmag

[45]Apr 7, 2011
    libra113 wrote:
    Yeah becasue "turn away or your eyes will burn" doesn't sound like a threat at all to a suspious mind.

It's Heaven and everything in her corner but her is fake, so he PROBABLY does come to visit as much as she wantes.

But if he had warned her specifically, "turn away or your eyes will burn" and she ignored it and her eyes burned, then hey bad on her. Also hadn't she been in this psychic game for awhile, clearly she should have known these 'things" mean business. Still I don't blame her (her bad judgement or not) for having beef with angels--once burned twice shy (bad pun). At this point, she might not even blame/hate the angels--she is in heaven, she can see, she already forgave Dean for getting her killed with a friendly slap upside the head, and as you mentioned she can now have as much fake fun with fake Dean as she wants. I guess after you're dead and in Heaven you dont sweat the small stuff, and most stuff is small at that point.

I would therefore want her to stay in Heaven. I like her. My only concern would be given the raging civil war at this point Heaven might not be so heavenly for the human souls.

libra113

[46]Apr 8, 2011
    I was wondering about that myself. What is Heaven like for human souls? Could be they don't know the diffrence, could be that one side or another is recruiting them for some reason or another. Could be their little bits of Heaven were 'turned off' so the power could be use elsewhere.

smegmag

[47]Apr 10, 2011
    libra113 wrote:
    I was wondering about that myself. What is Heaven like for human souls? Could be they don't know the diffrence, could be that one side or another is recruiting them for some reason or another. Could be their little bits of Heaven were 'turned off' so the power could be use elsewhere.

I'm pretty sure she and Ash, at least, know what's going on, since Ash can intercept and translate the Enochian broadcasts. I kinda doubt they would be recruited for anything, since I get the feeling their status is like things and not beings. I kinda think maybe they are what powers Heaven and you don't recruit the barrel of oil you consume it. I am a little worried that that in this time of scarcity they would shut down their illusions or maybe the angels are stealing/capturing or even destroying souls under control of the opposing faction, Death did say it was all about the souls and that hasnt been explored much yet--wasting time on stupid Lisa-Ben---oh hell don't listen to me I've been watching Ken Burns Civil War on PBS--they could be just fine, just fine.

libra113

[48]Apr 11, 2011
    No, I agree. Souls could very well be a commodity in Heaven and both sides could be trying to capture as many as possible to power their side and depower the other.

Of course it would be hard to imagine Cas allowing his side to do anything really bad with the souls which might be why they're losing the war in the first place.

Pedobear_

[49]Apr 24, 2011
    • level: 1

Are the girls Lillith possessed dead? If so then them.

tvtome_xena321

[50]Apr 24, 2011
    libra113 wrote:
    yutg25 wrote:

libra113 wrote:

I don't know, I still think he was too young and immature for Dean. Now, the breif scenes she had with Sam were much more comfortable and they seem to be closer in age and have that whole going off to school but feeling like a freak there thing in common.

Thing was she was so hung up on Dean (probably becasue he reminded her of her dad) and Sam was so wrapped up in making up for his past with his, then, recently deceased dad, that they barely paid attention to each other and when they DID interact all she wanted to do was talk about Dean.

Now her being dead AND the whole Meg possessed Sam encounter would be major issues in a relationship but, hey, in their world they're not impossible to deal with.

Sam and Jo were close in age, and tbh I always felt Ellen/Jo were always more closer to Dean, well there deaths seemed to effect him more, but I've found that Sam always felt second. Heck Sam hasn't had many alone-time scenes with even Bobby and Cas, unless Dean is present.

libra113

[51]Apr 24, 2011
    Well the intresting thing about Sam and Dean is that on the surface Sam is the more emotional and feeling but in truth it's Dean is more feeling and emotional he just hides it more.

tvtome_xena321

[52]Apr 25, 2011
    libra113 wrote:
    Well the intresting thing about Sam and Dean is that on the surface Sam is the more emotional and feeling but in truth it's Dean is more feeling and emotional he just hides it more.

I'm currently watching season 1 again, been watching them in order, and up to last 2 eps, I haven't watched season 1 in order in years, and its really exciting me, and I'm really loving the show, It makes me look at season 6, and sorta seeing how far it comes, but I like the storylines in season 1 more than the ones currently, from watching season 1, and then watching the news eps as they air last few weeks.

AerithQOC

[53]May 4, 2011

I love all the characters on the list except for Ruby for obvious reasons, but of the list, the only one I feel shouldn't have died was Bela.

Ellen, Jo and Pamela each died valiant deaths that seemed so appropriate for them to go out on that I wouldn't want it any other way.

I was sick of Ruby almost as soon as she came onto the scene and then she drove the ultimate wedge between the brothers which cemented the fact she should've been killed off as soon as she walked in.

Bela however had so much more to add to the show. I didn't like her all too much when she came onto the scene but I gradually grew to like her and just when I really fell for her character, she died. Now, I'm not a huge fan of Dean/Bela but their interaction throughout season 3, his huge frustrations with her actions were just brilliant! She had a lot more backstory to tell than just those few, brief moments which broke my heart and made me want to hug her only for her to die soon after from hellhounds.

She was a tragic character deep down and I was disappointed when she just disappeared like that so, yes, Bela is the female character I wish hadn't died.

libra113

[54]May 4, 2011
    Chalk it up to fangirl hate.

I would have loved to see Bela and Dean fall into a love/hate relationship where they fight and sleep together and try to make it work but ultimatly just can't see eye to eye due to their very differing points of view.

The thing a lot of people seemed to not get about Bela was that her exterior attitude was a mask. Like Dean she masked her emotional pain and her rocky past. Dean did it with humor she did it by playing cold and unfeeling.

I would love to see her get a second chance (perhaps through Balthazar since they're so similar) but ONLY if the original actress can play her. If they were to bring her back as a demon and just use her name and a diffrent actresses as her meat suit I would rather they just leave her in Hell.

smegmag

[55]May 4, 2011
    libra113 wrote:

I would have loved to see Bela and Dean fall into a love/hate relationship where they fight and sleep together and try to make it work but ultimatly just can't see eye to eye due to their very differing points of view.

The thing a lot of people seemed to not get about Bela was that her exterior attitude was a mask. Like Dean she masked her emotional pain and her rocky past. Dean did it with humor she did it by playing cold and unfeeling.

I would love to see her get a second chance (perhaps through Balthazar since they're so similar) but ONLY if the original actress can play her. If they were to bring her back as a demon and just use her name and a diffrent actresses as her meat suit I would rather they just leave her in Hell.

Then I hope they leave her in Hell. Nothing really against the actress and I wouldn't mind her character returning as a demon, but I would mind the machinations that would be necessary to justify her coming back in her original body, just like I minded the lame story they used when Anna came back in her old body after it was destroyed when she got her grace back. Of course angels were responsible for that, and I don't believe Bela had any angel friends, or for that matter any high level demon friends, or for that matter any friends at all.

hermionepenelo

[56]May 4, 2011
    • level: 3

Bela for sure! She was such a perfect character....good balance between and well...b**** and b****. She made for some awesome episodes..especially the squabbling between her and Dean. I do miss Ellen though...and sorry but Jo was just annoying...let's get Cassie back on the show! That chick rocked!!!

libra113

[57]May 4, 2011
    smegmag wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

Then I hope they leave her in Hell. Nothing really against the actress and I wouldn't mind her character returning as a demon, but I would mind the machinations that would be necessary to justify her coming back in her original body, just like I minded the lame story they used when Anna came back in her old body after it was destroyed when she got her grace back. Of course angels were responsible for that, and I don't believe Bela had any angel friends, or for that matter any high level demon friends, or for that matter any friends at all.
    Well, for Anna they just had her calim to call in a favor, no idea from who (maybe Balthazar).

As for Bela, if it's not the same actress then it's not REALLY Bela and I doubt it would have the same magic.

In any case with all the angels running around with various agendas and whatnot I'm sure someone could come up with a reason for Balthazar, Cas, Raph or someone else to dig her up for some reason or another.

smegmag

[58]May 5, 2011
    libra113 wrote:
    smegmag wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

Well, for Anna they just had her calim to call in a favor, no idea from who (maybe Balthazar).

As for Bela, if it's not the same actress then it's not REALLY Bela and I doubt it would have the same magic.

In any case with all the angels running around with various agendas and whatnot I'm sure someone could come up with a reason for Balthazar, Cas, Raph or someone else to dig her up for some reason or another.

Yeah, Anna calling in her "favor" was the lame story I was referring to initially. In the case of Bela, it would have to be more than lame, the reason to bring her back in her old body would have to be strained and contorted.

I know you want HER back and I concede the show has not had a stellar history with replacements--didn't care for Ruby2, not thrilled with Meg2, not sure how I feel about Raph2 though the sex change was a nice twist,loved both the little girl Liliths. And I do think it would be an interesting story as to what kind of demon Bela would make, whether she would remember her human past (according to Ruby1 most human memories are burned out of the demons, but in season6 Crowley and apparently others were fully aware of their human pasts) how she would interact with Sam and Dean who pathetically were the closest things she had to friends and the only ones who would have been willing to lift a finger to help her, if she had given them a chance. Yeah, the makings of a good story. However, I still can't see the whole original body thing when there are literally thousands, or millions of suitable bodies ripe for the taking. Although clearly an angel could swing it, there remains that nagging question WHY.

libra113

[59]May 5, 2011
    Well, Bela trafficked in occult objects for years and was well entrinched in that underworld. Further, she had a ten year deal with Lilith and was under her command in the crucial timeperoid early in Lilith's time on Earth.

Assuming Lilith didn't let some critical bit of information slip that some angel might want she could, just as easily, have knowledge of an occult object (perhaps even a long lost Heavenly arifact of some sort) that Balthazar (or Cas) want or need.

I was actually doing a story where Cas brought her back becasue he needed someone to go with Dean on a special mission but he didn't have the time to be there himself and he knew Dean needed someone with her speical skills.

Of course, the mission involved an acient and rare demon having escaped the depths of Hell after Lilith's escape and I ended up having to scrap the idea when the show ended up making my story incompatible. Have to get back to that some day.

tvtome_xena321

[60]May 8, 2011
    libra113 wrote:
    smegmag wrote:
    libra113 wrote:

Agreed with Bela not being played by Lauren, I like her alot more now, given shes appeared in recurring roles in other shows I like. Was it Lauren or Katie who got gun or fight training to prepare for the role, I cant remember. If she did stay on longer even into season 6, I think by that stage, she may have come to have some respect for Dean and Sam and vice versa. They still may have love/hate relationship on issues, but I can see both having some respect for each-other sometimes.