TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Which female character should not have died?

Which female character should not have died?

libra113

[121]Aug 2, 2011
    • level: 27
    I would hope after all this that Dean would have grown up and learned not to do that to Cas.

Cas might not be able to fight and used weapons (although he seemed to do good on both counts when his powers were flamming out before) but he seems to have more knowledge and a mastery of rituals (especially the old Enokian stuff) so that should given him an edge.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lostcause78

[122]Aug 3, 2011
    • level: 9
    You kidding? I hope he will keep on doing that (though I can see him maybe holding off for the time being with Cas all godly and righteous!)

The jokes between those two are quite hilarious

tvtome_xena321

[123]Aug 3, 2011
    hmm given he wouldn't be a regular, one wonders how a non powered Cas would survive on his own for many weeks and episodes when hes MIA from Sam/Dean.

libra113

[124]Aug 3, 2011
    Well, I was watching the next to last episode of season five on TNT this morning (the first one Cas appears in after taking on the angels when they were trying to save Adam from Micheal) and despite not having his powers he:

Takes out a truck driver with two punches (not bad for an ex angel).
    Takes Pestilance's finger getting his ring AND kills a demon with the knife.

and I'm pretty sure some other stuff (didn't get to watch the whole episode) so he's not totally helpless and hopeless despite what his alternet future self seemed to think.

All that aside he would still know the rituals and how to kill a lot of things and would be able to handle a good deal of stuff.

I'm all for this path becasue it makes him more like his insperation John Constine so I think they should go for it.

tvtome_xena321

[125]Aug 3, 2011
    I haven't watched season 5 in some time, but I'll have to watch it. Maybe Cas has more potenial without powers and being useful than I thought.

lostcause78

[126]Aug 4, 2011
    • level: 9
    libra113 wrote:
    Well, I was watching the next to last episode of season five on TNT this morning (the first one Cas appears in after taking on the angels when they were trying to save Adam from Micheal) and despite not having his powers he:

Takes out a truck driver with two punches (not bad for an ex angel).
    Takes Pestilance's finger getting his ring AND kills a demon with the knife.

and I'm pretty sure some other stuff (didn't get to watch the whole episode) so he's not totally helpless and hopeless despite what his alternet future self seemed to think.

All that aside he would still know the rituals and how to kill a lot of things and would be able to handle a good deal of stuff.

I'm all for this path becasue it makes him more like his insperation John Constine so I think they should go for it.

Just a quick note on the finger from Pestilence. Pest. mocks Cas for being without angel powers, and Cas then surprise him by jumping up stating "maybe I have just a bit of powers left" - so he's not entirely drained by his own words.

That being said, ofc Cas is badass without his angelic powers. His main handicap and also major comic trait is his naivity and/or lack of understanding of human behaviour. However with the creative writers on this show I can only see a multitude of fun scenes come from that

libra113

[127]Aug 4, 2011
    Well actually what Pestialce says is there's no angel left in him and Cas says maybe just a speck.

In any case his cutting Pestilance's finger off and taking the ring was done purely without any obvious angelic powers (at least any that wer visible) and more in that Pestilance underestimated Cas' ability to work without power.

He does seem to handle himself fairly well from that episode on out even torching Micheal with that molotov filled with holy oil (okay his quip needed work but still ).

I think he DOES bring a lot to the tabel with or without his power and while his physical prowess is probably somewhere south of Sam and Dean's with their lifetime of training it's well above average and what he does lack in fists, gun and knives he more than makes up with ritual magical and knowledge of occult lore.

Hell a lot of the times he seems as knowledgable as Bobby (or more) and he pulls it all out of his own head without having to spend time pouring through stacks of books.

AdeleTeras

[128]Sep 7, 2011
    • level: 8

Bella most definitely, I LOVED her. She had great chemistry with the boys and she was kind of evil, loved that.

I was so hoping that when Dean got out from the pit that Bella would also somehow resurface but no such luck. I was really sad to see that character go. Surprisingly I think she and John were the only people I cared enough for me to wish they never died. Jo and Ellen were kind of meeh - don´t care.

hell693

[129]Oct 11, 2011
    • level: 11
    Bella and Jo.

tvtome_xena321

[130]Dec 8, 2011
    AdeleTeras wrote:

Bella most definitely, I LOVED her. She had great chemistry with the boys and she was kind of evil, loved that.

I was so hoping that when Dean got out from the pit that Bella would also somehow resurface but no such luck. I was really sad to see that character go. Surprisingly I think she and John were the only people I cared enough for me to wish they never died. Jo and Ellen were kind of meeh - don´t care.

Its a shame, I loved her, but what can you do, really hard to please the majority of the fanbase, who want the show to be just sam/dean and not get close/interact with female characters. Bela could of eventually grown and had respect with both brothers, and vice versa. Heck Bobby and Rufus had there issues, but over time things can settle, they dont have to have Bela get romantic with the boys, but sometimes its just a shame that the writers really bring such interesting female characters into the show, and really just toss them aside after a season or two.

libra113

[131]Dec 9, 2011
    tvtome_xena321 wrote:
    AdeleTeras wrote:

Its a shame, I loved her, but what can you do, really hard to please the majority of the fanbase, who want the show to be just sam/dean and not get close/interact with female characters. Bela could of eventually grown and had respect with both brothers, and vice versa. Heck Bobby and Rufus had there issues, but over time things can settle, they dont have to have Bela get romantic with the boys, but sometimes its just a shame that the writers really bring such interesting female characters into the show, and really just toss them aside after a season or two.
    Well, they only toss them away becasue the fans pressure them to do so. It would be nice if they kept them around dispite what noise the fans made and showed the fans how wrong they were.

Bela had a lot of potiental and could have come in handy supplying objects and information on a variety of subjects (for a price of course, or perhaps enlightened self intrest).

Still, if you look at it Belthazar was a male version of Bella anyway, of course they ended up wasting him too. Oh and the actress who played Bella is on "Walking Dead" now and doing fine (for the time being) so I guess it worked out in the end.

lemongirlclone

[132]Dec 9, 2011
    • level: 3

The psychic Castiel blinded at the seance with the 'Jessie" tattoo.

libra113

[133]Dec 9, 2011
    lemongirlclone wrote:

The psychic Castiel blinded at the seance with the 'Jessie" tattoo.

Pamela Barnes. This is like a game show.

tvtome_xena321

[134]Dec 23, 2011
    libra113 wrote:
    tvtome_xena321 wrote:
    AdeleTeras wrote:

Well, they only toss them away becasue the fans pressure them to do so. It would be nice if they kept them around dispite what noise the fans made and showed the fans how wrong they were.

Bela had a lot of potiental and could have come in handy supplying objects and information on a variety of subjects (for a price of course, or perhaps enlightened self intrest).

Still, if you look at it Belthazar was a male version of Bella anyway, of course they ended up wasting him too. Oh and the actress who played Bella is on "Walking Dead" now and doing fine (for the time being) so I guess it worked out in the end.

I wish they did that, there have been fans that ignored fans, and in the end the fans ended up warming up to them. Although in Bela's case, she didn't get more time, the strike came in effect, and got 6 episodes tossed out, so we lost even a decent full season of Bela potenial. oh well.

She had heaps of potential, and in most cases the least liked person eventually you have respect for them, its typical tv, for characters to dislike someone, and years later rely on them alot. Oh yeah I forgot about Belthazar, hmm good point, funny enough both he and Bela ended up on the same show Vampire Diaries at certain points lol. Yeah it worked out good for Lauren, shes poped up in many shows I've watched, and shes doing well for herself, good on her.

libra113

[135]Dec 23, 2011
    Yeah, right now she's on "Walking Dead" as a farmer's daughter type. I almost didn't reconise her becasue she's all cowgirled out, has short hair and a Gorgeia accent. I don't know how long she will stay on but she is having an affair with a regular so she will either die bloody just to give the character some pathoes or she will leave the farm and travel with the group into the next season (or maybe both ).

tvtome_xena321

[136]Dec 28, 2011
    libra113 wrote:
    Yeah, right now she's on "Walking Dead" as a farmer's daughter type. I almost didn't reconise her becasue she's all cowgirled out, has short hair and a Gorgeia accent. I don't know how long she will stay on but she is having an affair with a regular so she will either die bloody just to give the character some pathoes or she will leave the farm and travel with the group into the next season (or maybe both ).

hehe yeah true, I know right, on vampire diaries I believe her hair was also cut short, so many people were debating about it, turns out it was a wig, I guess she eventually cut her hair as is in Walking Dead. aww least on Chuck her character got to live and got a happy exit. Although Vampire Diaries had her dying in a tragic way, supernatural she got an off-screen death, so hopefully walking dead will be a classic bloody death. lol

libra113

[137]Dec 28, 2011
    Well, right now "Walking Dead" is on break until sometime in January but when they left off she was kind of defying her father and having a fling with one of the regulars. As the last episode was ending the *bleep* had hit the fan regarding something her father was doing and everything was going downhill fast. No telling what happens next but I can't wait to find out.

clockswork

[138]Feb 1, 2012
    • level: 1

libra113 wrote:
    tvtome_xena321 wrote:
    AdeleTeras wrote:

Well, they only toss them away becasue the fans pressure them to do so. It would be nice if they kept them around dispite what noise the fans made and showed the fans how wrong they were. Bela had a lot of potiental and could have come in handy supplying objects and information on a variety of subjects (for a price of course, or perhaps enlightened self intrest). Still, if you look at it Belthazar was a male version of Bella anyway, of course they ended up wasting him too. Oh and the actress who played Bella is on "Walking Dead" now and doing fine (for the time being) so I guess it worked out in the end.

Odd that they kill characters from fan pressure but won't not kill them because they are loved. I think the truth of the matter is you can't please everyone so don't try of you end up with mush. I didn't like Bela personally but at least she was an antagonist who had a personality. She was another characters for the boys to interact with who had a story arc herself. ATM the boys are being treated like a pair of Mary Sues. Doesn't matter who else is there and what else they do because they are special snowflakes and their presence is enough.

I didn't like Bela but the show needs someone like that, in that kinda role. More than one someone.

libra113

[139]Feb 1, 2012
    Well, unfortanatly it's a pattern that they set up pretty earily in the show. As I recall the first time they bowed to fan pressure was with Jo and Ellen. I didn't like them but appreantly fan pressure became so great that they wrote the out then ignored them for a long time.

I don't really think they should bow to pressue (especially given that there's a very vocal group who don't want anyone on the show but Sam and Dean and certantly don't want any woman around who they might hook up with). If they feel they have to do something then it should be something less drastic than killing them off so they can undo it later (yeah I know they still can but it's easier if it was just something else).

Maybe instead of killing Bela they should have had that angry client she mentioned in "Bad Day At Black Rock" get her. Then later she could have escaped and returned. Still, the actress (as I said) has a good part on "Walking Dead" and hopfully she will be on for awhile.

Yeah, if you try to hard to please everyone you end up pleasing no one, like the mess with Lisa and Ben. They didn't want tick off the people who liked them by killing but too many people hated having them around so we get some non-sense about erasing their memories and sending them away. I still don't understand how erasing THEIR memories protects them from Dean's enemies but whatever... at least they're gone.