Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Who is Naomi???

mattgus

[1]Jan 16, 2013
    • level: 14

naomi is lying. Samandriel was not a traitor..and if what crowley was getting at was so importantwhy did naomi not intervene,or something?..we watch,but sometimes what we see does not flow with what we already know of how things work in this fantasy world...naomi is the key to this season...yes?no?...sam got close real quick with a couple of question,then they went to discussion of sam's squeeze or not...they are teasing us..i am curious what people are thinking...why would angels want other angels sent here to die...why did samandriel know of naomi but cass is being controled by her without his knowlege...they are making her seem very iffy in the good dept.....and what of benny...he was pretty much saying he was not going to make it alone and then came the story and i am still in shock that dean would let him hang and suffer like he did when he knows what that means for innocents as well as a vamp trying to be good...how often does that happen...he is doing it for his relationship with sam but it is like putting a stake in both their hearts as far as their relationship goes..it is an automatic resentment maker...big story tonite...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vampman87

[2]Jan 16, 2013
    • level: 4
    Dean "broke up" with Benny to try to save him. He knows that, now that Benny killed someone, Sam will try to kill him the next time they see each other. Either Dean's new friend will die or Sam will die in that fight. Dean figures the best way to avoid this is to avoid Benny and pray he doesn't go off the rails.

As for Naomi... is it me or does she remind you of a female Zachariah? I'm guessing, now that Zach and Raphael are dead and Michael's still rotting in Lucifer's cage, Naomi took command of Heaven in God's absence. I also think she screwed with Cas's mind to make him subconsciously obey her, as seen in her introduction episode where Cas reported the events that happened without knowing why. I doubt she's a pro-Apocalypse Angel, since Cas killed everyone that sided with Raphael, but I'm betting she sees Cas as a threat (he was key in stopping three archangels, and Dick Roman) so instead of killing him she merely brainwashed him and told him to look after the Earth while she rules Heaven.

Gislef

[3]Jan 16, 2013
    • level: 101
    Not all angels are good, as we've seen plenty of times in the past. No reason to think Naomi is any different.

General discussion of the episode should go to the page's discussion stream. Or in staff's review column tomorrow, which is where everything seems to end up anyway. Thanks!

dpebbleson

[4]Mar 23, 2013
    • level: 23
    Interestingly enough Crowley mentions knowing Naomi from Messopotamia, but in an episode it was established that Crowley is relatively young, from medieval Ireland... Hm.

Synetech

[5]Mar 23, 2013
    • level: 22
    dpebbleson wrote:
    Interestingly enough Crowley mentions knowing Naomi from Messopotamia, but in an episode it was established that Crowley is relatively young, from medieval Ireland... Hm.
    Good point, though he may have just had a fling with her there while time-traveling. Alternately, he may also just be referring to the geographic area as opposed to a specific period of time.

dpebbleson

[6]Mar 24, 2013
    • level: 23
    Synetech wrote:
    dpebbleson wrote:
    Good point, though he may have just had a fling with her there while time-traveling. Alternately, he may also just be referring to the geographic area as opposed to a specific period of time.

I thought it could be geographic reference as well; he also said he didn't see her "in a dark age", which is farther in history than the time when he was supposed to live.

Maybe one solution could be that he referred geographically to Messopotamia where they both were searching for the tablet, but it all sounded as really long time ago.

Also, from this episode it seems that Azazel is one of those first demons that walked with Lucifer, since he knew the location of the crypt; and of course it's also Lilith given that she is the first.