Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Who is Naomi?

mattgus

[1]Mar 23, 2013
    • level: 14

i am surprised nobody has had a disscussion about this..unless people think she is who she is..i don't think so..i think she is someone we know and who plays a part in the mythology of this show...

what came to mind tonite after seeing the latest ep goodbye strangers is that she could be the angel Gabriel? why?

gabriel means among others things Govenor..and there is a govenoresque-like something going on with the set and her character.

gabriel is the only angel ever thought of as female,although we have had anne in supernatural, gabriel is the only one seen female in mythology.

naomi is hiding something big,she is mysterious...cass isn't even sure...

the one i thinknaomi could be is an angel also... WHO IS THE OTHER ANGEL ALWAYS UP TO SOMETHING IN SUPERNATURAL?

THE TRICKSTER/GABRIEL....ONE IN THE SAME...yes/no?????

Isure am interested in what other might be thinking as far as to naoimi,who she is,what her game is?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mattgus

[2]Mar 23, 2013
    of course now that i think of it i am really just trying to egg on disscussion because this is the best i have been able to come up with????? so???

libra113

[3]Apr 2, 2013
    • level: 27

Guess that would depend on did Gabriel really die before or not. Of course that also opens up the question: why would Gabriel be doing what Naomi is doing? I also still hold out the hope that Gabriel and the Trickster are not (and never were) the same entity but that Gabriel took the Trickster's identity (perhaps at the end of "Tall Tales"). Of course I still hope the Trickster is still alive and just laying low.

I don't trust Naomi at all and I'm not too sure what she's really up to but I guess, like everything, time will tell in the end.

sinjaceheroes

[4]Apr 17, 2013

mattgus wrote:

Isure am interested in what other might be thinking as far as to naoimi,who she is,what her game is?

See, I think she's an original character of SPN. And by that, I mean she does not exist in actual world lore. The big powers in heaven are the archangels and the seraphim with the weird animal faces; all of which have been shown and killed respectively.

First of all, my theories on what she is not

1- Another archangel

2- A pagan god

3- A trickster

4- God

I think its safe to assume she is an angel. She has ties with Crowley, of a sexual nature--which is actually not so much a funny joke from the creators, but a MAJOR in depth point on her character: when we met Castiel he thought of demons are disgusting things, and here were have a pretty high up angel who has sex with one of them, though she showed some disgust/shame from it when Crowley said it.

It's my theory that she is either:

1- A sort of shadow government agent of Heaven's

2- A regular angel who ate some tasty human souls and took control during the chaos

Although, Castiel was surprised when he saw herheadquarters, a part of heaven he had never seen: maybe God's own beach house that she found empty. But I do think she is just an angel, nothing else.

libra113

[5]Apr 20, 2013

Oh I'm sure she's an angel, just likely a fairly shady one.

Possibly, she took advantage of the power vacuum left by Cas' self destruction and disappearance. It's possible her ends are no good or she may be honestly doing what she thinks is right by any means she sees fit.

Asfor her office I'm not sure is a new or rarely seen part of Heaven so much as she's just redecorated it to the point that the long out of touch Cas didn't even recognize it (remember how Crowley reorganized and redecorated Hell when he took over).

maseman76

[6]Apr 26, 2013
    • level: 11

I think she is an Archangel.

But from a different Division in the Angel Corps. Where most of the Angels we have seen are from the frontline troops and their Captains. Naomi might head up their Intelligence Division. That is why she is trying to control the Tablet and has the ability to Mind control other Angels.

libra113

[7]Apr 30, 2013
    Well, we kind of know why she wants the tablets now (and I'm not sure I can blame her for that one). It's really more about what she's doing to get them and how far she's willing to go. Still, pretty much every angel we've seen (aside from Cas) has proven they will go as dark and bloody as they have to in order to achieve their ends so she's no different there.

As for her place in things she's either the new boss in Heaven or working for the new boss and either has a past in, or is still in, some sort of special group like angelic secret service or CIA or something along those lines.