Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Why didn't they know all this earlier!!

Azzuritis

[1]Oct 27, 2013
    • level: 5

So Angels have ALWAYS BEEN THERE.

Demons HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ON EARTH.

Yet at the beginning Sam and Dean didn't know how to kill a demon.

And neither did their dad. Much later they got the knife. But isn't there an oral tradition with hunting.

Does it not bug anyone else that there has NEVER been a problem with angels before Sam and Dean?

Shouldn't all hunters know how to kill a demon and an angel from the getgo?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

libra113

[3]Nov 10, 2013
    • level: 27

You have to remember when the show first started demons were few in number. By all implications the one Sam and Dean encountered in "Phantom Traveler" was their first ever. John may have encountered some and just never told Sam and Dean about it and apparently Bobby had encountered enough to kind of keep him busy. Still, Bobby said in "Devil's Trap" that there were normally something like three or four demon possessions a year but since Yellow Eyes plan started kicking in there were more and more and thus we saw them more on the show.

As for angles by their account until around the time of "Lazarus Rising" they were rarely on Earth and when they were they were only allowed to watch and were invisible and intangible to people on Earth.

WickedNix

[4]Nov 10, 2013
    • level: 4

You're correct Libra.

But for the life of me I can't remember why the angels decided to "get involved" with humanity...mainly with the boys. Would someone please refresh my lacking memory?

libra113

[5]Nov 14, 2013

WickedNix wrote:

You're correct Libra.

But for the life of me I can't remember why the angels decided to "get involved" with humanity...mainly with the boys. Would someone please refresh my lacking memory?

Well that got involved with humanity because Lilith was trying to break the seals to free Lucifer and they were supposedly trying to stop her while really being all for it. They got involved with Dean because he broke the first seal and was thus the vessel for Michael (he who started it is the only one who can end it) and Sam was pegged by Yellow Eyes to be the one to kill Lilith (breaking the final seal) and thus becoming Lucifer's ultimate vessel.

WickedNix

[6]Nov 16, 2013
    • level: 4

Thanks Libra.

Now I remember. Smile

I don't know how I could have forgotten all of that! I have egg on my face. Embarassed

smoothmurder

[7]Nov 22, 2013
    • level: 2
    lol u must not be a real fan yes demons were on earth but as they have said only 3 or 4 possesions a year other wise they would have needed to open the hell gate and after that was wen they where dealing with demons every other day
    angels were on earth as watchers but hidden and no allowed to take vessels only thing that changed was when the first seal was broken and dean had to be saved

libra113

[8]Nov 23, 2013

WickedNix wrote:

Thanks Libra.

Now I remember. Smile

I don't know how I could have forgotten all of that! I have egg on my face. Embarassed

Don't thank me, thank a decent memory and TNT re-runs.