Supernatural Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Why dont they drive the impala anymore?

BobbyDorsey

[1]Apr 1, 2012
    • level: 2

Can someone explain to me why dont they drive the impala anymore?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CrazyAsian1080

[2]Apr 1, 2012
    • level: 7

Kind of easy to spot. What's his name, Bobby 2.0, told them to stop driving the same car if they didn't want Leviathans finding them.

SohiHien

[3]Apr 1, 2012
    • level: 8
    I honestly don't know why the car is more obvious then their own faces. The leviathans know what they look like so they would know where they were even with a different car. I do have to laugh at Bobby 2.0 that is a good name for him (since I have no idea what he actual name is)

libra113

[4]Apr 1, 2012
    • level: 27

SohiHien wrote:
    I honestly don't know why the car is more obvious then their own faces. The leviathans know what they look like so they would know where they were even with a different car. I do have to laugh at Bobby 2.0 that is a good name for him (since I have no idea what he actual name is)
    The Leviathans are only part of the issue. The other part is that their faces and car where plastered everywhere for days as people going on a killing spree.

It's one thing if some waitress thinks she's seen them on TV, it's another if they come roaring into town in such a rare and unique car. Do you have any idea how rare a 67 Chevy Impala is? They're VERY expensive and VERY hard to get a hold of. Honestly, they should have changed cars a long time ago. Either that or at least paint it adifferentcolor or something.

lachlan_j_g

[5]Apr 2, 2012
    • level: 11

this is the second such topic in 2 months - aren't people watching the tv show?

libra113

[6]Apr 2, 2012

lachlan_j_g wrote:

this is the second such topic in 2 months - aren't people watching the tv show?

Well I think it's more a matter of why haven't they started using it again. Yeah, if you pay attention it's pretty clear but I guess some people are really attached to that car. It was kind of a mistake to make it such a part of the show in the first place.

I don't know I really don't envy the people who write this show given that everything they do these days is judged wrong in the eyes of a vocal group of fans. In their eyes they can do no right these days and God forbid if they try something new ordifferent.

Tyrathius

[7]Apr 2, 2012
    • level: 4

libra113 wrote:

SohiHien wrote:
    The Leviathans are only part of the issue. The other part is that their faces and car where plastered everywhere for days as people going on a killing spree.

It's one thing if some waitress thinks she's seen them on TV, it's another if they come roaring into town in such a rare and unique car. Do you have any idea how rare a 67 Chevy Impala is? They're VERY expensive and VERY hard to get a hold of. Honestly, they should have changed cars a long time ago. Either that or at least paint it adifferentcolor or something.

I think there's probably more people out there who own a black 67 Impala then there are people who look exactly like Sam and Dean.

And people would be more likely to remember their faces than what kind of car they drive anyway.

Edited on 04/02/2012 6:15pm

libra113

[8]Apr 2, 2012

Tyrathius wrote:

libra113 wrote:

SohiHien wrote:

I think there's probably more people out there who own a black 67 Impala then there are people who look exactly like Sam and Dean.

And people would be more likely to remember their faces than what kind of car they drive anyway.

Don't have to look just like them. Somewhere in the same ballpark in height, weight, the same hair color and that's pretty much it. Now if they ran into say a waitress who thinks she saw them on tv they might be able to convince her that she's just imaging things but if they come riding into town in a vintage car with the tunes blaring and the engine roaring and someone remembered that a car like that was connected to a series of crimes it might be a bit more of an issue.

Anyway, outside of a car show driving around in a vintage car (especially with gas pricing being what they are and older cars being gas guzzlers and everyone switching to cheaper cars) is a bit too "hey look at us" than they need to be right.

Might as well put a sign on it calling attention to themselves.

kanniballl

[9]Apr 6, 2012
    • level: 18

As others said, the Impala makes a link.

For Leviathans

I'm sure for a while they were on the look out for a 67 Impala. It's possible for a Leviathan to be in the same town as the Winchesters without seeing them; Sam and Dean would be lost in the crowd unless the Leviathan happened to be looking right at them.

But seeing a 67 Impala parked along the street or driving down the road... they'd probably check immediately "just to be sure" to see if they're around.

Look at the recent episode with the realtors, Sam and Dean were in their town for a while (and often nearby) but didn't get noticed until the Leviathan was a few feet from him by the coffee place.

For regular people

They were plastered all over TV for a couple of days, and then it was announced they were dead. So they got their whopping 15minute of fame.

Seriously, think back to all of the murders and psychos they aired on TV over the years. How many of those faces do you remember?

You might remember some basic things: white guy, average build, dark hair, etc.

But if the news plastered "These brothers drive around the county in a black 67 Impala" and you saw them getting in... it might trigger the memory of "OMG THOSE ARE TEH GUYS, HOW ARE THEY ALIVE"

Edited on 04/06/2012 6:26am

libra113

[10]Apr 6, 2012
    Yeah, and I think a lot of people are either unaware or discounting how rare it is to actually see a 67 Chevy Impala riding around.

They're a very old (vintage) collector car that cost a LOT of money (especially if you want a shiny nice looking one like they have). In real life the only people who would even have one as nice as theirs would be people with LOTS of money to burn OR someone who knows enough about classic cars to buy one that's all junked up and rebuild it from the ground up.

Either way most classic car collectors don't drive around in their collectible cars all the time. They might joyride on weekends just to enjoy them but not all the time.

In short any vintage/collectible car riding around the back roads of America is going to get noticed while something more recent and more low profile wouldn't even warrant a second look.

Also, give than the Leviathans know all about Sam and Dean and their methods and tendencies (thanks to joining with Cas) the best thing they can do is avoid old habits as much as possible and start doing things totally differently.

kaatje1903

[11]Apr 7, 2012
    • level: 7

because they are hiding from the leviathans and they used their car for a heist so the police is looking for it too.

libra113

[12]Apr 8, 2012

kaatje1903 wrote:

because they are hiding from the leviathans and they used their car for a heist so the police is looking for it too.

Well, officially, they're dead so the police aren't actively looking for them but if they call attention to themsevles then, naturally, the police would realize they're alive and stir things up again.

As for theLeviathans, they can't tell us over and over that they're more dangerous than anything they've dealt with before. That they know more about Sam and Dean and their ways than anyone they've dealt with before and all that and not have Sam and Dean change their ways at least a little. It would just be too hard to swallow. Something had to change to sell the idea of theLeviathansas a real threat.