Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Worst Episode Ever

feraflower

[1]Mar 9, 2010
    • level: 17

Even with a show as good as Supernatural, every once in awhile there comes an episode that is absolutely horrible. A lot of fans pan Red Sky at Morning for being the series' worst (even Kripke hasn't been too kind on himself over it)but my personal favorite-worst has to be Season Four's Family Remains.

With that in mind, what is your personalworst episode? It can be from any season or you can pick one from every season. You can even pick ones that, while not extremely bad, just weren't up to the usual Supernatural standards. Enjoy.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kdtfiles

[2]Mar 9, 2010
    • level: 23
    feraflower wrote:

Even with a show as good as Supernatural, every once in awhile there comes an episode that is absolutely horrible. A lot of fans pan Red Sky at Morning for being the series' worst (even Kripke hasn't been too kind on himself over it)but my personal favorite-worst has to be Season Four's Family Remains.

With that in mind, what is your personalworst episode? It can be from any season or you can pick one from every season. You can even pick ones that, while not extremely bad, just weren't up to the usual Supernatural standards. Enjoy.

Family Remains is one of my Fav eps, love the nod to "People Under the Stairs".

Bugs is still my all time vote for worst episode (although I do give them some credit for it, after reading Eric's comments about the budget for the ep being so slashed it didn't get even close to what they wanted for the ep) a dullllllllllll ep.

dilking2002

[3]Mar 9, 2010
    • level: 7

Yeah, I have to go for "Bugs" as the worst ep as well. Mostly for the bad writing.... I mean a whole night passed in the time it took for them to go from the first floor to the attic.... that's a slow mad dash...

Still, it's a good ep to heckle (a la MST3K), so it's still watchable!!

libra113

[4]Mar 9, 2010
    • level: 27
    I don't know I like them all really.

Some may not have the full impact of others but they ALL have something that makes them special and worth viewing.

cherry_brandy

[5]Mar 10, 2010
    • level: 9
    Have to agree with Feraflower - Family Remains every time. That episode - I HATED it. Everything about it just stank for me - the 'monster' was cheesy, predictable and not at all scary and that final scene ARRRRGGGGG made me want to hurt someone. It was like they were trying to recreate the awesomness of the final scene of the previous ep - not to mention the whole *starts singing in Katy Perry Styleee* "I tortured souls and I liked it" fiasco. Talk about overkill. That said my hubby thought it was great so there y go. The other dodgy ones like Bugs don't offend me as much. Sure it was a bit pap, but it had some great moments and shed some light on Sam and John's relationship and stuff. And I didn't hate Bella so Red Sky didn't bother me that much either. Fallen Idols wasn't great, but again didn't p iss me off like it did some people with that whole "How dare Sam blame Dean yadadyada blahah whine..." thingy. So yeah, for me - and no offence to those who liked it, but - Family Remains Family Remains FAMILY REMAINS. Ugh.

libra113

[6]Mar 10, 2010
    I don't know, I liked "Family Remains". That said it DID have it's issues (how exactly did savage people break into Dean's trunk and unload ALL thoes weapons so fast and without anyone hearing), but still it was a good "Benders" style twist having them be just people and they were a good way to reflect on Dean's time in Hell (not that he enjoyed what he did in Hell was much a revelation, I think we all figured that out by then, still it was nice having it put into words nice and clear).

Like I said, all and all, even the weakest of episodes has something to offer on some level and they sure beat the snot out of anything else on tv right now.

dpebbleson

[7]Mar 10, 2010
    • level: 23
    libra113 wrote:
    I don't know, I liked "Family Remains". That said it DID have it's issues (how exactly did savage people break into Dean's trunk and unload ALL thoes weapons so fast and without anyone hearing), but still it was a good "Benders" style twist having them be just people and they were a good way to reflect on Dean's time in Hell (not that he enjoyed what he did in Hell was much a revelation, I think we all figured that out by then, still it was nice having it put into words nice and clear).

Like I said, all and all, even the weakest of episodes has something to offer on some level and they sure beat the snot out of anything else on tv right now.

I recall reading that you wrote 'No Exit' was a pointless episode? Sorry if I am wrong, my memory isn't actually great

As for the bad episodes, let me see... 'Family Remains' isn't a great one, I concur. Everyone mentions how 'Bugs' was bad, but I didn't notice it that much. I didn't like 'Route 666' though, even though I read it was a fan-favourite. Maybe I'm just not the greatest fan of murderuous trucks - and the fact that the chick was just forgotten afterwards, as though she never existed.

'Wendigo' I also didn't like, and 'Dead in the Water' (if I am correct about the title) wasn't great either. But then again I think the most of the first season pretty average, not too bad and not too good.

Though I enjoyed the episode with that life-stealing monster in the guise of the doctor (again, my memory slips).

And I would've thought 'Fallen Idols' isn't a great episode (though it certainly is relaxing), but I'm just affected with bias. That god is from my town, from the area where my father works, so I kind of sympathize with him

libra113

[8]Mar 10, 2010
    Well, I THINK what I said was that I didn't care for the focus on Jo and how Sam was just pushed to the side. Other than that the story was good, normal ghostly fare but still entertaining.

I would even say on later viewings (on DVD) the episode worked out a bit better.

The major issue with "Bugs" was how lame the bugs LOOKED, otherwise I thought it was a solid episode and even if the main story was lacking there was the family drama between Sam and Dean, a Sam and Dean who were still learning to love each other again. I don't know if Cassie has just been forgotten so much as she's a sore subject so Dean isn't going to talk about her all the time. She may yet be back at some point.

dilking2002

[9]Mar 11, 2010

libra113 wrote:
    Well, I THINK what I said was that I didn't care for the focus on Jo and how Sam was just pushed to the side. Other than that the story was good, normal ghostly fare but still entertaining. I would even say on later viewings (on DVD) the episode worked out a bit better. The major issue with "Bugs" was how lame the bugs LOOKED, otherwise I thought it was a solid episode and even if the main story was lacking there was the family drama between Sam and Dean, a Sam and Dean who were still learning to love each other again. I don't know if Cassie has just been forgotten so much as she's a sore subject so Dean isn't going to talk about her all the time. She may yet be back at some point.

I couldn't disagree more on No Exit. I liked the focus on Jo because it went deeper into exactly how dangerous being a hunter is, and how the Winchesters extensive training allows them to survive & kills all the 'romanticism' of the job. I've also wanted the writers to create more of an ensemble cast for SPN, and at the time, adding in Jo as a newbie Hunter seemed to show promise of that.

I think Cassie is for Dean, what Sarah (girl from Provenance) is for Sam. So much emotion built into that, that it's easier to just not deal with thinking about her.

libra113

[10]Mar 11, 2010
    Well, I never liked Jo as a character and "Supernatural" had been running to long at that point to switch from a duo to a full on ensemble cast. If they wanted to do that they would have needed to do it from the start (and too bad they didn't at least somewhat).

Yes, I'm sure Cassie (for Dean) and Sarah (for Sam) are characters THEY think about but don't talk about or let on about it. Too much to deal with, although in Sam's case I think the chick from "Heart" would be much more painful having fallen for her hard and fast then having to kill her and all.

JasP123

[11]Mar 12, 2010
    • level: 3

For me the worst episode has to be No Exit. It didn't sit well with me at all the first time I saw it. Although it does improve with further veiwing. Other than that I have loved every episode.

coolcatkid

[12]Mar 12, 2010
    • level: 8
    hands down its bugs

facebookfan

[13]Mar 17, 2010
    i agree with the other viewers who said "Bugs". also, i found "Mystery Spot" quite dull, the only bad episode of Season 3, imo.

facebookfan

[14]Mar 17, 2010

dpebbleson wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    I don't know, I liked "Family Remains". That said it DID have it's issues (how exactly did savage people break into Dean's trunk and unload ALL thoes weapons so fast and without anyone hearing), but still it was a good "Benders" style twist having them be just people and they were a good way to reflect on Dean's time in Hell (not that he enjoyed what he did in Hell was much a revelation, I think we all figured that out by then, still it was nice having it put into words nice and clear). Like I said, all and all, even the weakest of episodes has something to offer on some level and they sure beat the snot out of anything else on tv right now.
    I recall reading that you wrote 'No Exit' was a pointless episode? Sorry if I am wrong, my memory isn't actually great As for the bad episodes, let me see... 'Family Remains' isn't a great one, I concur. Everyone mentions how 'Bugs' was bad, but I didn't notice it that much. I didn't like 'Route 666' though, even though I read it was a fan-favourite. Maybe I'm just not the greatest fan of murderuous trucks - and the fact that the chick was just forgotten afterwards, as though she never existed. 'Wendigo' I also didn't like, and 'Dead in the Water' (if I am correct about the title) wasn't great either. But then again I think the most of the first season pretty average, not too bad and not too good. Though I enjoyed the episode with that life-stealing monster in the guise of the doctor (again, my memory slips). And I would've thought 'Fallen Idols' isn't a great episode (though it certainly is relaxing), but I'm just affected with bias. That god is from my town, from the area where my father works, so I kind of sympathize with him

i agree with "Route 666" and "Fallen Idols", but i personally like "Dead in the Water" and "Wendigo".

also, "Everybody Loves A Clown". the actual case was lackluster but i loved the introduction of Jo, Ellen and Ash and the brothers' interaction with them and vice-versa more than made up for it.

Edited on 03/17/2010 7:40pm

writergirl06

[15]Mar 18, 2010
    • level: 10
    I hated The Magnificent Seven. Normally, I have a high tolerance for gore and such, but seeing that guy swill down drain cleaner because he was infected w/ gluttony was just too much. I don't think I've ever watched the episode again. Other than that one, after watching it again, Jo made "No Exit" incredibly annoying. Her character in general just annoys me (didnt so much when the season first aired).

crazydct

[16]Mar 18, 2010
    • level: 1

For me the worst episode ever was "The bender's". The second season exactly, fourteen or fifteen chapter. The reason? There was a family who kept, leave alone and then persecute and killed. There wasn't nothing supernatural. Only a crazy family

Codgin

[18]Mar 19, 2010
    • level: 10

personally, dead in the water, season 1, was so boring nearly put me off investing any more time in the show, i didnt even bother watching bugs. Season 1 was a very mixed affair, only really finding its stride second half, thankfully i saw past those many blunders to be rewarded later on

nightowl128

[19]Mar 20, 2010
    • level: 3

it's hard to choose cause I love Supernatural but here are some I've only watched twice

Bug's ( but love the steam shower, wished we could have seen more of naked Dean)

Bad Day At Black Rock-

the one with the witches (MM)

Family Remains (loved Dean saying "pleaseno one grab my legs"

Fallen Idol-(I loved they used James Deans car but wish they showed James Dean's ghost)

CJJohanson

[20]Mar 21, 2010
    • level: 6

I'm not a fan of "Sam, Interuppted", mainly cause I thought the wraith was kind of dull. Although...."PUDDING!!"

"Bugs" is one that annoys me because of how fast the night came and went, just to unrealistic, as were the bugs.

"Family Remains" was a miss, just another boring one. Not a fan of the human antagonists, except Henrickson and Gordon.

Those are the ones that get under my skin really, mostly all episodes are awesome entertainment.