Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Worst Episode Ever

Swordstress

[21]Mar 21, 2010
    • level: 4
    Worst episode ever, IMO: "Fallen Idols." HATED that one with a passion. "Bugs" was clumsy, but I didn't mind it. "Family Remains" had some real creepy moments, and was a true MOTW eppie, so didn't mind that one. "Metamorphosis" is probably my second choice for worst eppy, cause that ravenous guy was just gross to watch!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

chantal78

[22]Mar 22, 2010
    • level: 10
    bugs and the benders,the first one because it was boring and the second one because the monsters were human.
    There were few ok episodes but those two are the only one I really didnt liked

BadWolf_35

[23]Mar 23, 2010
    • level: 14

I didnt really like "bugs" or "route 666"

I didnt like "Houses of the Holy" much either but i got used to it.. same with "On the head of a pin"

But I have read this website's plot line for the episode "Dark Side of the Moon" & I really hope that the description is wrong cause that really does sound like the worst episode ever.. shame cause I have enjoyed this season so far.

Rachwhut

[24]Mar 24, 2010
    • level: 6

On the head of a pin is one of my favourite episodes, lol.

I'm racking my brain trying to think of a supernatural that I disliked, but to be honest, I can't think of any. Perhaps the episodes with Bella in them, mainly because she is number one on a long list of "badly faked english accents"...

Edited on 03/24/2010 3:42am

dpebbleson

[25]Mar 24, 2010
    • level: 23
    But actually, as I'm informed, Bella spent much of her young years in Britain... And I'm not sure there is one British English accent, there must be several dialects, some very different as pertaining to accents, intonation, spelling and such.

JasP123

[26]Mar 24, 2010
    • level: 3

I'm from England and Bella's accent wasn't typically British. She spoke using the queens English, which is rarely used. This tends to be the accent portrayed by most American shows when featuring a British character, (i'm sure in Britain it's much the same with American accents). It's cliched and annoying. Still Bella wasn't the worst culprit. Emily on Friends has a lot to answer for.

feraflower

[27]Mar 24, 2010
    • level: 17

Lauren Cohan was born in Philadelphia, raised in New Jersey, and moved to England in her teens. I'm not extremely well versed on what it takes to form an accent. She didn't have to develop but it is very possible she could have. And it could also explain why her accent isn't perfect, if it is authentic. Anyways, the producers did choose her for Bela because she was British.

libra113

[28]Mar 24, 2010
    • level: 27
    Awwww, here we go again. Jeeze people you ran her off the show just let it alone now.

I liked ALL the episodes, sure some more than others but they all add something to the story in one way or another.

JasP123

[29]Mar 25, 2010
    • level: 3

I wasn't criticising Bela, I actually didn't mind her. I just found her accent annoying.

callensgirl

[30]Mar 25, 2010
    • level: 2

"Family remains" was an X-Files episode first .then Supernatural got it and put their spin onit

libra113

[32]Mar 25, 2010
    JasP123 wrote:

I wasn't criticising Bela, I actually didn't mind her. I just found her accent annoying.

Well, I've seen plenty of British tv where the 'American' character has some AWFUL accent that is SUPPOSED to be American but isn't so it's only fair.

libra113

[33]Mar 25, 2010
    callensgirl wrote:

"Family remains" was an X-Files episode first .then Supernatural got it and put their spin onit

and before the "X-Files" was the original "The Hills Have Eyes" and countless other such movies and media.

libra113

[34]Mar 25, 2010
    sramv9 wrote:

BadWolf_35 wrote:

I didnt like "Houses of the Holy" much either but i got used to it.. same with "On the head of a pin"

But I have read this website's plot line for the episode "Dark Side of the Moon" & I really hope that the description is wrong cause that really does sound like the worst episode ever.. shame cause I have enjoyed this season so far.

If i had read about Wishful Thinking (wishing well) about the teddy bear coming to life i would have thought the same thing about that - but it turned out to be one of the most hilarious supernatural moments - that's what i love about this show - they can do outlandish things and make them work that no other show could pull off

Yep, this show has a knack for taking ideas that normally would be awful and pulling them off.

BadWolf_35

[35]Mar 27, 2010
    libra113 wrote:
    sramv9 wrote:

BadWolf_35 wrote:

If i had read about Wishful Thinking (wishing well) about the teddy bear coming to life i would have thought the same thing about that - but it turned out to be one of the most hilarious supernatural moments - that's what i love about this show - they can do outlandish things and make them work that no other show could pull off

Yep, this show has a knack for taking ideas that normally would be awful and pulling them off.

That is true.. I didn't like the idea of "Jump The Shark" but the episode turned out pretty good.

libra113

[36]Mar 28, 2010
    BadWolf_35 wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    sramv9 wrote:

BadWolf_35 wrote:

That is true.. I didn't like the idea of "Jump The Shark" but the episode turned out pretty good.
    Yeah, still not wild about the idea of John having another son but the episode itself was solid.

kittyblue71

[37]Apr 2, 2010
    • level: 5

HATED HATED HATED the one with Paris Hilton...ugh what a big mistake that was! The epi stunk and then there was Herpes Hilton...yuck yuck yuck yuck!!!Yell

BadWolf_35

[38]Apr 4, 2010

Ok.. Dark Side of the Moon turned out not that bad... I thought it would of been the worst episode but it wasn't.. just another example of how the writers can make even the worst sounding story-lines turn into a good episode.

Geordiegirl1967

[39]Apr 4, 2010
    • level: 5
    There were a lot of holes in Family Remains. Such as how could the girl and boy in the walls write 'Go' and 'Too late' when they were practically feral, and had never seen daylight. Why was the man who kept them prisoner so surprised to see his murderer as they clearly had access to the house through all sorts of routes. However it was very creepy, and I enjoyed it on a level - just not one of the best.

Agree about Bugs - not great. But it had the brilliant scene where the estate agent thought they were gay.

I really hated Sex and Violence because of the fight between Sam and Dean them at the end. I hate that they are drifting apart on Season 4. Please tell me their relationship is back stronger then ever in S5!!

Re the debate about Bela's accent. I am English and can confirm what another British poster said above - it was dire. Noone here talks like that. It made me cringe (although I didn't mind her character). Emily from Friends was played by an English actress and her accent is totally genuine.

Sektos

[40]Apr 5, 2010
    • level: 10
    libra113 wrote:
    JasP123 wrote:

Well, I've seen plenty of British tv where the 'American' character has some AWFUL accent that is SUPPOSED to be American but isn't so it's only fair.

OMG!!!! You think that's bad- we Australians are almost ALWAYS portrayed as "rednecks" or with "redneck" accents in US tv. We dont speak like Steve Irwin! lol